Wandering

At some point, Henric had seen Debilitas' face, and at every turn, he had been listening in on the conversation. But whenever it was, Henric's face was now, for the first time since he had come into Hogwarts, in a full fledged genuine smile; in addition to that, there was something wrong with his teeth - something very wrong. But no one could see, which was a wonderfully good thing, in his opinion. His eyes were now his true eyes - orbs cold as winter, heartless as the steel of a sword, but sharp as lightning. Turning his head, Henric noticed a newcomer enter the conversation, but still kept his silence. In the total darkness he was hidden in, Henric muttered, "He's just like me... Probably."
Fearfully, he suddenly gripped his throat, repeated pangs of hunger gave him something like death throes, out of the corner of his eye he could see the newcomer was a girl. And he was glad the last one left, too. He couldn't put it off any further then, supplies were getting scarce as they were....
His fingers curled around a silver vial, and he took a large swig, then clicked it back shut and slipped it back into his sash. His features, which were - just then, more feral than human, slowly receded back to his normal appearance. Henric bit his lip, and moved deeper into the winding darkness.

((Ah, the plot thickens. Awesome character Henric!))

Debilitas grinned and shook Austin's hand, a bit too dazed to respond. He didn't have many friends, his own father had left for so long just to get away from him. It was strange to find himself getting along with someone and receiving a promise of friendship even amongst peers so quickly.

Then another girl showed up. Debilitas fell quiet as Austin turned away to greet her. "I don't mind," He said quietly when the girl asked to join them. He fell quiet again, letting Austin answer the girl, Lauren's question. Absently he glanced towards the darkest part of the alley. A chill ran down his spine then and he stiffened against it, his eyes struggling to see through the shadows. His eye sight wasn't always the greatest during the day because he was annoyingly sensitive to light sometimes but it was slightly better in the dark. Not, however, enough to give him anymore than a vague outline of things and it didn't do him much good in this case. He saw an odd shadow but that could have been a mere trick of the light. Still... he knew the feeling of being watched only too well and he had that feeling now and a uneasy feeling besides that.

((Hey Henric do you mind if Debili comes over and spots you in a bit or are you gonna show yourself?))

Lauren seen the other boy glance into the shadows and looked at were he was looking. She couldnt see anything and looked back at him confused.

Austin smiled at Debilitas, glad to see that he accepted the friendship. He needed a friend to hang around with. Austin then glanced at the other girl and answered, "Just chatting with Debilitas, here. Some girl had to be snobby and run off. Shallow." He smiled, glad that the girl hasn't run off either, and she was being friendly to both of them.

Austin asked Lauren and Debilitas, "Is it normal to get the feeling of being watched? Someone is spying on us, I know it." Austin felt like he was getting a little tense. He took a deep breath, and wished he had a wand nearby. He had a sister with red eyes and a snake always with her, so nothing could possibly phase him. Austin shook his head and leaned against the brick wall once more. He wanted whoever was spying on them to show themselves. He had no idea where it was coming from either.

"Yeah i seen her,Toni it was."Lauren said, remembering her from the day at Brightstone village.Lauren looked around once more and said."Its not normal but i think someone is."

(( And out we go... ))

Slithering along the surface of the cold stone pavement, his padded shoes silently moving along, no sound emitted from them. With agile strides, he moved through the darkness at a quick pace, speeding along until the light swiftly grew nearer and nearer. Kicking off the ground, his feet swiveled as he dived, like a cobra rearing up, it's fangs poised for action - a deadly feeling of incoming death, then -
Henric stepped into the light, coming into full view, he raised his head slowly, his smile no longer fixed, but a little smirk curled at the edges of his lips, as well as a something of a grin on his face. Despite this, his features had already resumed their normal wax-like state. Though as the vial hung at his side, he numbly reminded himself he needed to send an owl to the Chinese Ministry of Magic.

Tilting his head as he canted it downwards, he raised his shadowed eyes towards the trio. "Greetings, nice day isn't it?", he said softly, making no secret of keeping his gaze locked on Debilitas.

Lauren seen someone emerge from the shadows and all she could say was."yeah." She then noticed that he was staring at Deilitas, she glanced over at Austin to see if he had noticed the newcomer.

Austin nodded at Lauren, "Barely knowing her and I cannot stand her." That was all he could say about Toni.

His suspicions came true as the boy stepped from the shadows. Automatically, Austin wanted to lunge at him for spying, but Austin kept his cool. He didn't even knew whether it was this boy. Austin stared at the boy, trying to figure him out. Surprisingly, he couldn't. Austin felt frustrated with this. There weren't any good or bad vibes. Just neutral. He noticed at the boy's eyes were locked on Debilitas. Austin glanced at Debilitas, then to Lauren, and finally back to the newcomer. Austin locked his arms across his chest.

Austin heard his greetings, and muttered, "In a place like this, ha." He smirked a little before chuckling. Austin glanced at the ground, and kept his gaze there momentarily, before locking it again to the newcomer.

((And Debilitas dropped dead on the spot because apparently looks could kill. :shifty: Sorry couldn't resist! :shifty: ))

Without a word, Debilitas rose quietly to his full height, resting a clawed hand tensely against the wall in as casual a manner as he could manage. The stranger hadn't necessarily presented himself as a threat just yet but Debilitas was ill at ease all the same. Maybe it was the way he was staring at him. People stared at him all the time but never quite like this.

"Heard it's supposed to rain later," he muttered lamely, meeting the stranger's gaze unwaveringly, his jaw set with tension. Without realizing what he was doing, his fingers tightened their grip on the soot covered bricks of the wall, his feet shifting slightly in his boots to loosen them. He didn't know what to expect from this stranger but his instincts knew to be ready for the worst.

Lauren looked back at Henric again, she had seen him before and he only ever stayed for a few moments then walked away with out another word. Lauren looked around her looking to see if there was anyone else here, she didnt know what to say so just remained quite.

(( I feel like I'm a Death Eater or something ... Hold on, I'll pull a Joker. ))

He tilted his head sideways, "Why so serious?" He asked, to no one in particularly, as he gestured towards Debilitas, he added. "Put a smile on that face." His gaze was not like any normal gaze - particularly towards Deblitias, whom, for his whole life having been different, was now being met by a gaze of someone who was looking at him plainly as he if Debilitas was the most ordinairy thing he could have ever seen. His hand twitched, rising, as if to suddenly pull out his wand and utter a deadly curse. Every part of his body moved with a sense of complete neutrality, giving out no hint of whatever he was doing.

Yet, as he moved, his eyes flickered around their features, noting their tension. For a moment he wondered if he potion had failed, so as he moved, he made sure he looked sideways at a puddle - no he looked normal enough. His attention back to the matter at hand, he softly said, "Yes, can't really see a weather in a place like this, bad place to have a conversation..." His voice was kept unnaturally smooth, "Will it rain now?" He added, with a tone of proper surprise at Debilitas' comment, "Better get back to Obsidian Harbour soon then..."

Debilitas blinked, suddenly realizing what what was wrong with the stranger's gaze. He would have laughed again but thought better of it, knowing from experience that this little snippet of information didn't necessarily cast the stranger into the light of redemption.

"Sorry, you'd think I'd be more grateful when someone instantly looks at me as if I'm the most normal kid in the world without having met me or understood why I am the way I am. " He shrugged, forcing something of a smile, "It's just, the last couple of people who acted like that so fast ended up trying to convince my mom to sell me to some freak show for life."

"No offense is taken...", Henric replied softly as his steely gaze was continually fixed on him, throwing him unfortunate vibes of nausea. Like a serpent, he tilted his head, hair flowing with the wind, he looked as if any moment now he'd flick out a forked tongue and lunge at them. Slowly, his icy demeanour dropped, and he blinked once, snapping off the contact he had with Debilitas' eyes. Smiling, he raised his head, his expression changing over to one with features of wax - a completely fake face, skilfully constructed in a flash to look as if it was genuine.

He threw a little gaze at Debilitas' two companions, then glanced at the sky. "I don't see anything wrong with you, which is why I would look at you like that." His eyes traveled down, and he moved forward, each step deliberately slow, adding to the tension hanging in the air. "My name is Lee - Henric Lee." He said slowly, his gaze, speech, everything was twisted and made to confuse, hiding his every true intention and emotion. "Don't think we met before."

Lauren looked at Henric and tried to read his expression but it was too hard. She avoided his gaze and looked around the street at the people passing past them. Lauren let Henric and Debilitas talk as she didnt know what to say.

((Whoops, Austin is silent. =)) Nice Joker. I can actually make a Death Eater appear. :p :r: ))

Austin grew tense as Henric approached. Austin remained silent for a while, unknown of what to say to this creepy kid. He actually reminded him of his sister. Both definitely seemed snaky enough. He listened to Debilitas and shook his head. Austin couldn't imagine someone doing that. Then again, he saw everyone as the personality. Looks never mattered. Austin looked into eyes, and could tell who a person was by the vibes they cast out.

Austin didn't bother saying his name. He watched Henric move, and couldn't help but wonder whether this kid was even human. He appeared it. However, something was off. Or fake. Austin couldn't put his mind on it. Austin stared at Henric, trying to read. Unlike Toni and Lauren, it nearly seemed impossible. Austin soon found himself almost in a confident manner.

Austin noted, "So what if it rains? It's not like any of us would melt or something." Austin wouldn't turn from Henric. Fascinated.

"Don't get out much." Debilitas said shortly, "Debilitas Aristide."

He glanced at Austin, wondering if he had managed to pick up anything from Henric's demeanor. He doubted it, though Austin appeared to be pretty skilled at it. This guy was just too good at hiding in plain sight.

Debilitas frowned, his claw like nails scraping against the brick wall with an audible grating sound. He wanted to move, to get out of reach, out of sight but that would only leave the others alone with Henric and he didn't yet know how well they could handle themselves. He glared at Henric, watching him closely. His slow movements, neutral as they were, only made him all the more anxious.

"Forgive me the bluntness of the question, but is there anything in particular that you are looking for or do you just enjoy setting people on edge?" He said suddenly, his anxiety becoming too much to handle. He knew there was something different about this guy but unlike his own case, it wasn't initially obvious. Everything about him felt hidden, untrue. Debilitas didn't much care for liars, and this guy felt like a lie. It wasn't enough to make Debilitas judge against him just yet though. When it came to that drastic of a point, he would either have to flee or fight him, whichever became the most necessary.

Lauren shivered at the noise made on the walls and looked back at Henric.Everything about him seemed strange and when he was around, everyone seemed to go quite.She was thinking of going but she didnt want to seem like Toni so stayed where she was.

"Oh, were you nervous?", Henric whispered softly, not bothering to conceal his evident emphasis on his words. "I wasn't looking for anything in particular, merely a ... chance meeting." He bowed smoothly, particularly sending out a charming sort of vibe, when he raised his head, his eyes had glazed over to be concealed by an expression fully waxen. "I'll be seeing you at Hogwarts then, goodbye Debilitas, nameless, and nameless." He smiled falsely at the them slowly as he moved off, turning into an alleyway and disappearing into the darkness.

Austins fingers messed with his new wand in his pocket. He didn't know any spells, but he can do something with it. After Henric left, Austin shook his head, feeling frustrated that he didn't stick around long enough for him to figure him out. Austin turned to Debilitas and Lauren, and asked, "Did that guy look...well, fake to you two? He didn't seem human either. More like a snake to me." Austin shrugged.

He bit his lip, trying to become less frustrated. "Seems like people are just out to make me angry today. First Toni, and then the fake boy." Austin forced a soft laugh, and stared at them. Waiting for a response.

Lauren watched as Henric left, she smiled when he was gone and turned to Austin and said."Yeah, you can never tell what he's thinking when you look at him."

Austin shrugged, unable to gather what happened. He replied rather shortly, "Reminds me of my sister." He closed his eyes and shuddered to himself. Only Aleyha looked weird, and almost demonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back