Wandering

Debilitas wandered silently down the darkening alleyway, the laces of his untied, oversized boots dragging awkwardly across the dampened pavement. He never been in this particular area before and he had plenty of time to kill. Hell, his dad was coming back today and he didn't really feel like waiting around for him to show up this time. So, he'd wandered the streets for about an hour and stumbled across this odd little sight.

He stuck to the shadows. Usually that was harder but this alley was pretty much one big shadow despite the fact that it was full daylight. It was colder here, he shivered and tugged the hood of his sweat further over his face and made sure that the sleeves fell to their full awkward length, brushing well past his knees. The sweater really was too big for him but a kid of his circumstances didn't have many options.

So, Debilitas wandered on his own through the shadows and the early morning chill, whistling some tuneless song that he remembered only vaguely from his childhood.

Austin felt very irritated, not being about to find that one kid again, Azerail. Austin had figured that since this was where they met previously, maybe he would show up again. Austin felt rather queasy. This area was devoted to the Dark Arts, and it was getting him sick. He continued to walk with haste. His eyes darkening with each passing minute. He was growing very angry, and felt stupid to not be able to find his path. He then found himself in the shadows. Austin then bumped into someone. Austin stopped and said, "I'm sorry."

Austin turned to face the figure. It looked more like a floating sweater with huge boots. It seemed to be humming. Austin stared at it, and then smiled, it was a boy in that huge sweater. Austin walked to stand in front of him. He held out his hand to shake, "Hey, I am really sorry for running into you. I'm Austin, Austin Devearux."

Toni had never really cared to talk a walk alone down Bleak Street. Though with everything going on she really just wanted some time to think thoughts to herself. Not that anything really bag was going on. Well quite the opposite. Toni had totally just gotten together with her crush Sam. She herself had been sorted into the house of her choice, Slytherin. She had meant a few nice boys that she considered friends. She made plenty of wonderful enemies she could fight with all girls of coarse. Now Toni walked down the dark street and thought about everything.

She thought she could almost feel someone following her. Toni turned around her blonde hair flying as she did so so fast. Though no one was in sight God Toni get a backbone Toni thought as she walked on seeing two boys. Neither of them she had meet before but they seemed to be her age. As Toni glanced once more over her shoulder she decided that some company wouldn't be so bad right now.

As she walked over to them she tried to smile though Toni really wasnt' one to smile unless she was with friends. "Hey" She said to the two boys. "You two don't look like the types to be wondering around a place like this" She said as she glanced over her shoulder once more before trying to push it out of her mind.

Austin couldn't help but feel like someone was closeby. He turned around, to see a blonde girl. Amazingly, Austin didn't find her pretty at all. He wondered why. Austin stared at her, thinking how ironic that statement was. Austin said shortly, ice naturally in his voice, "Like you are the one to talk. Girls are natural prey for dangerous predators." He glanced at the boy that stood somewhat next to him. He had remained silent. Austin glanced at the ground, and then back at the girl.

Austin then folded his arms across his chest. He then introduced himself, without a smile, since he was still irritated with the thought of being in this area, "I'm Austin Devearux." He wondered whether any one else his age that ran around his area. It was dangerous, and himself coming here was an accident. Although, something inside him thought it was the right place to be. Austin shook his head, moving his hair from his eyes.

Toni smiled slightly at the boy's comment. "I think I can handle myself" Toni said knowing very well that she probably wouldn't be able to. Even with a wand in her pocket Toni didnt' know how to really used it. Yet she had an appearance to keep up and with that included acting independent and like she could handle herself no matter what.

Toni could tell that this boy wasn't happy to see her. She sort of wondered why. Maybe word had gotten out that Toni wasn't the nicest person in the world. Maybe this boy was actually just naturally icy. Though it didn't matter Toni didn't mind. She was used to people not being the friendliest with her around.

"I'm Toni Addison" She said as she crossed her arms as well just to make a point almost mocking the boy but mostly she was just being Toni. "So may I ask why you decided to stray so far from the path or would you rather I leave?" Toni asked though she really had not intention of leaving either way.

Debilitas cleared his throat, wondering awkwardly if he should continue on his way while he had the chance, since for the time being it seemed as if he'd become little more than a part of the background. In the end, he thought better of it and introduced himself, suppressing the compulsion to offer his hand like any normal person would.

"I'm Debilitas Aristide... or Bob. Whichever you can manage to spit out." He said in good humor, leaning against the sooty brick wall since they didn't seem to be going anywhere for the moment. He smiled, and then winced for having been stupid enough to do such a thing. He was infinitely grateful for the darkness of the alley; at the very least he could afford to make such mistakes and have the confidence that no one would notice them. Hell, if he really wanted to be daring, he probably could have ditched the uncomfortably large sweater and boots and no one would notice that anything was wrong.

Instead he tugged his hood down a little farther. "I've never really been in this area before. It doesn't seem too bad to me but common sense says you probably shouldn't go gallivanting around all by yourself." He said it mainly for Toni's benefit, though he really didn't know if anything he had to say would make any difference to how Austin chose to respond to her question.

Austin laughed, "Any sort of an eleven year old can never handle him or herself in case someone dedicated to the Dark Arts comes along, or a Death Eater so to speak. The only spells some would know is the small ones, and I assume the older, more dangerous folk would know a lot more." Austin hated the fact that he didn't know a spell, none. Only his mother showed him the cleaning spell, but, he had forgotten the incantation.

Austin grinned at Debilitas, and shrugged, "I'll call you by the full name Debilitas. I've heard weirder." He nodded at Toni, indicating he paid attention to her. Austin grew curious about whether to leave, or to tell the girl to leave. His eyes weren't as black, and showed hints of green in the dim light. His irritation lessened.

Austin didn't want to say that he felt right in this area. Even though it made his ill as well. Austin finally answered Toni, "I wanted to see one of my friends again, Azerail, but well, he isn't here obviously. After that, I honestly don't know how I ended up in this part of the street. And, I bumped into Debilitas here." He added, "As for you leaving, I have a feeling that even if I said for you to go, you wouldn't anyhow. Like he said, it isn't wise to wonder around here alone. Stick with us if you want to. Your decision, miss." Austin still had that hint of ice in his voice, but that was beyond his control. He sounded a bit nicer than the last time he spoke.

Toni looked at the other boy as he cleared his throat. He seemed to rather blend in and Toni normally wouldn't have paid much to any attention to him. Though since she was only talking to two people in the middle of a dark alley Toni decided that since he was one of the two she would pay him the attention as he spoke.

"well it is nice to meet you Debilitas" Toni said hoping she had said the name right. After thinking about it once more and replaying the name in her head she smiled. "I needed some time to think by myself and I always end up meeting people in the popular streets around the shopping area" Toni explained "I usually don't wonder around by myself I may be blonde but I'm not that dumb" Toni said rolling her eyes not even knowing she had done so.

Toni listened to Austin talk though she she held back the urge to roll her eyes. What did this boy know? Gosh thought he knew everything. Toni discarded his comments knowing that she really couldn't but refused to admit it. "You're right about me not leaving" Toni said though last time she had made that decision she almost got punched out by Hoshi "But I may stick around for a bit" toni said not knowing what to do otherwise.

Quietly, Henric remained in the corner of the alley. And quite silently, he cursed the fact that these people were here. Folding his arms, he kept his breathing minimal and surveyed the situation as he hid behind a large alley wall. Why in the world would anyone save him be in here? Still, he supposed it was in their nature to wander around aimlessly. He breathed out softly, clutching his throat and feeling bumpy ridges on it, then released his hand and kept out of the sunlight as he unwittingly eavesdropped on the conversation.

Lord, I've fallen in with nutcases, Debilias thought, though not unkindly. It made some kind of ironic sense that anyone who would bother to talk to him rather than run away screaming would have something wrong with them as well but Debilitas didn't really care. He considered asking one of the others if they were involved in some kind of role playing game, possibly obsessed with it, but he decided against it.

Something about what Austin had just said bothered him though, even though he didn't understand most of it. Then it hit him. They were talking about magic. Debilitas shuddered, suddenly feeling uneasy. He didn't know anything about any Dark Arts or Death Eaters but he knew enough about magic to last him a lifetime. So why would they talking about magic... unless....

He studied Austin and Toni then, not quite sure what to make of them. "You're going to that school too then, huh?" He asked quietly. He'd gotten his letter not that long ago. It might have been the biggest shock of his life, it might have even wrecked his life, if his grandfather hadn't intervened when he was eight and set things straight with him. He knew all about the school now and magic but there was still a lot to learn, so much he didn't know.

((Does that work?))

((Before we continue...is this taken place before or after the sorting? Toni was glad that she was in Slytherin, and I said that Austin had just met Azerail, which was before the sorting....))

(( Why don't you just switch ti to after the sorting, and take it that Austin said he was glad he met Azerail, not 'just met' Azerail, so you don't roleplay in the past. ;P ))

((Then Debilitas would have to edit his, since it would be weird that he doesn't know a thing about magic and being in Ravenclaw now.))

(( Good point, that's a problem. Could you try to edit your stuff, Debilitas? My character is actually there -after- the sorting, but I can switch to before it, if needed. ))

((Perfect, Debilitas! ;) ))

Austin was forced to hold in his laughter. So the blonde is a tough one, and her hair isn't fake. He listened to Toni speak, and then Debilitas, although it appeared that Austin paid more attention to the boy. He muttered to Toni, "Fine, stay." Austin immediately didn't care for this girl. He couldn't help but wonder if she was with people before, and come here alone, maybe her attitude pushed them away. He held his laughter once again, but covered it with a cough.

Austin nodded at Debilitas, his voice much kinder, "Yeah. Were you excited about the letter?" Austin himself was thrilled, even though he was forced to live a muggle life. His mother only told him so little, like a bit about quidditch and what not to get into, such as the Dark Arts and Death Eaters. Although, Austin found himself curious to all those subjects. He couldn't wait for school to begin, and he would finally learn everything about his heritage.

With his eyes, Austin scanned the area. He felt as though they were being watched. Austin shrugged it off. If the other two commented about it, then might say something. Austin leaned against the brick wall, not caring whether it was dirty against his black jacket. It might be common for people to watch the children in this area, for all he knew.

"To be honest, I didn't know what to think," Debilitas replied, "I mean my grandpa told me a bit about the wizarding world a while back but I never thought I'd have to be a part of it."

He shrugged and sat down against the wall, "I'm not sure that I really like magic much. I mean, it sounds great in theory but... it can do so much bad. My mom used to be around it a lot, unwittingly of course. The effects of it ruined her life and messed me up for good..." He trailed, fiddling awkwardly with his overlong sleeves.

Toni could tell right away that that boy named Austin didn't care for her. He was probably one of the first boys that didn't like Toni. For her it was a bit of a shock but she knew she would survive. Just another one to add to the list Toni thought as she realized that her list of people that didn't like her seemed to grow by the day sometimes by the hour.

Toni listened to the question about whether or not Debilitas was excited about recieving his letter. Toni wondered this actually. Who wouldn't be? Toni was thrilled to get out of the house with all her siblings running about. Plus she was proud to be the first one to go to Hogwarts New Zealand. As well as she was the first and probably only, if you knew Toni's family, to be sorted into Slytherin.

Though for once Toni didn't have much to say so she remained rather quiet twirling a piece of her blonde hair around her finger. As the boy answered she tried to contain her reaction. How could someone not like Magic. Toni loved it. though she didn't know a lot of it. she was excited to learn and to use it. yet Since Toni was attempting to stay with these two boys for the time being she was going to try to be nice.

Austin listened to Debilitas's story, and nodded, indicating he understood. He didn't know what to say, at first. For Austin, he always knew what to say, whether it was good or bad. Austin then finally smiled, showing his white teeth, "Well, anything can be used for the bad. Being apart of something can be great."

Austin then decided to continue, trying to lift Debilitas's spirit, "Magic has its pros and cons, like everything. The muggle world...well, if mom had taken me to the hospital from my usual accidents, then maybe I could have been able to use my right arm to its full potential. What I am trying to say is that although magic may have messed you up, which I don't see how, maybe it can fix it too. But of course, I am speaking in theories. From what I know, both worlds are dangerous. But people need to look at the good side, you know?"

Austin glanced down, at then back up. He didn't mean to lecture, but it just came naturally. He curiously watched Debilitas fiddle with his sleeves. For a second, he also glanced at the girl, twirl her blonde hair. His eyes then wondered elsewhere, but mostly at his black jacket.

Debilitas was quiet for a while, thinking. Austin had a point and it wasn't really fair to entirely blame magic for what he was. He sighed and then started to laugh, quietly at first and then full tilt.

"I cover it up pretty good," He said finally, "but I guess I won't be able to do that at school, huh, seeing as how uniforms are required?"

He sighed, pushing up his sleeves. His arms were far too long, his fingertips capable of brushing past his knees. His fingers had an extra joint to them and his fingernails grew hooked and slightly pointed like claws. He hesitated and then pulled back his hood. His left eye was significantly larger than the other, the earthy brown irises too large for his eyes, like an animals, leaving very little room for the whites of his eyes. His nose was sharp and hooked like a gremlin's and his teeth were slightly crooked and had a prominent edge.

Debilitas glanced nervously up at Austin to Toni, "This usually is the part where people run away screaming."

Austin smiled finally when Debilitas started laughing, and then he noted that he covered it up quite well. Of course, Austin didn't know what he meant by that. That was until Debilitas revealed what he truly looked like. Austin, at first, was speechless. He had never seen the likes of Debilitas. Austin stared at him, examining every little detail about him. His face remained indifferent. Austin found himself fascinated. He wondered what had happened of course.

"This is the part where people run away screaming."

That sentence echoed in his head. Austin finally smiled, and asked, "If you want me to play the part, then you will discover I am not a good actor." Austin then said in a more serious tone, "I don't care what people look like. If that was the case, I wouldn't have befriended Azerail. Debilitas, if people don't accept you for what you look like, then they are missing out, you know?"

Toni had wondered what the boy had meant when he said that he hid it well. Hides what well? Toni wondered though soon realized that she wished she had never known. Oh gosh Toni said as she dropped her hand to her side thus the piece of hair she was twirling face into her face covering one eye.

At first she couldn't find anything to say. Lots of things flashed through her mind. Plenty of questions from her curious side. Though one thought in particular was how the boy would look in a uniform. This was a unique thought for Toni. Well as anyone could tell Toni cared about looks. She was just one of those superficial girls and she loved that fact.

"umm yeah" Toni said finally wondering how she would be able to get out of this group that she no longer wanted to be around. She wasn't going to be seen around this crowd. Toni tried to smile but it faltered.

"Well it was nice meeting both of you" Toni said not even attempting a smile "But I might as well go now. I have a lot to think about" She said as she turned her back towards the two boys and started to walk off "See you both at school" Toni said hoping that she really wouldn't bump into either one of them.

Debilitas stared for a minute and then let his gaze drop to his hands. He didn't speak until Toni was out of his line of sight. Then he glanced up at Austin. "Thanks for that." He said finally, his voice somewhat hoarse.

He sighed and then glanced in the direction in which Toni had run off. "Well at least she didn't scream."

Lauren was bored and had got all of her school supplies except her cauldron but she would get that later. She walked down Bleak street and seen the dark part of the alley where everyone said was scary. Lauren decided she would go and see what it was like, she began to walk down the street when she seen two people she didnt know. "Hey, Im Lauren. Mind if i join you?" She asked both of them with a smile.

Austin grew furious when he realized the true side of Toni. He said in an icy voice, "Heartless, shallow b!tch." Austin's eyes turned almost completely black. He had never felt the need to say such language, but felt it was necessary. Austin shook his head, trying to calm down in the least bit. Although, that probably won't happen until he can get her back for what she did.

Austin then nodded at Debilitas, "No problem. And if I had my wand, I would have cursed her with it, instead of having to use harsh language, scream or no scream." Austin added, "That's what friends are for. Taking up for each other. She'll get what she deserves one day." He smirked a bit. He felt rather proud that he made a new friend. He extended his hand out for Debilitas, "So, buddies even in school?"

He saw another girl, and smiled at her, "Nope. Unless Debilitas minds. I'm Austin Devearux."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back