Walking

Jaken felt relieved that she didn't ask who he was referring to. Jaken smiled at her, "Well, I suppose we are the different Slytherins." Jaken narrowed his eyes a little, curious to why she said that rather angry. Jaken calmly remarked, "There are some Slytherins that are mean and rude? Well, I wouldn't mind meeting one." He smirked a bit. Jaken then asked, "Have those mean and rude Slytherins bothered you over something? You seemed a little upset." Or mad. Whichever.

Isabella rolled her eyes at the thought of her two former friends and replied, "Don't bother wasting your time meeting idiots like that, they're not worth it," she said smirking. Part of her was happy he seemed concerned about it but the other part of her just assumed he wanted to know who was taking his place in torturing first years. "Just two stupid boys in my class who used to be my friends," she said moodily.

Jaken chuckled a bit. Even though he doubted that he would ever meet them, he couldn't help but be curious. Jaken nodded, "Hm, so, you are saying that even maggots have more worth than they do?" He hoped that it wasn't the case, but if they were bad enough... Jaken laughed and replied, "That figures. Two first year boys trying to be bad and tough. As long as some have stuck up for themselves around the two boys, then there shouldn't be a problem. Although, they may just want attention too." Jaken shrugged.

Isabella shifted her books in her arms uncomfortably. "Well, maybe I was overreacting a bit," she said when he asked if they were worse than maggots. Henri had been rather nice to her all year before they had the epic fight here in these same dungeons, and she did like Theo at one point so she had to admit they weren't that bad. She smiled and said, "Well, attention seems to be a good reason for it, but it's more like pity they want, if you ask me," Isabella said with a malicious grin on her face. "You see, I used to like one of these guys and he liked me too..only now I'm with some other guy that he hates because the guy is 'half blood' and I put his 'pure blood' family to shame by dumping him," Isabella rambled while rolling her eyes at Theo's words. She neglected to mention the fact that her best friend was Theo's cousin and used to like the guy she was now dating. She blushed a little as she revealed her stupid first year drama to him who could care less.

Jaken chuckled, "I thought so. It is bad when someone is lower than maggots." He didn't even put people that low. He listened with interest. All first years had their drama. Jaken certainly did. Although, not in this way. He then remembered Katerina, and forgot to apologize over the years of torment. "Pity? That's pretty bad, though." Jaken then was curious to whether she was a pureblood or not. Jaken laughed, "His family is none of your concern. He was foolish to think that. Blood shouldn't matter at all. Mud, er muggleborn, half blood, and pure shouldn't really matter. I almost said that one insulting word, and I must apologize. It is a habit I picked up from my dad." Jaken wondered whether that boy was just saying that to get Isabella back, or something deeper. In any case, it seemed rather stupid of someone to act like that.

Isabella smiled as he said Theo's family was none of her concern. "I wish I could agree with you but his family is also my best friend's family so I don't want her to be mad at me for getting her family mad either!" Isabella gave a nervous laugh as she kept revealing more of her drama, which to her, wasn't her finest moment. "Oh well though, I've made up with my best friend and I could care less what he thinks. I tried apologizing and regaining his friendship but he doesn't want to so whatever," she said shrugging. Isabella then smiled at him when he apologized and once again, almost melted by cute and sweet he was, despite his recently revealed past.

Jaken then learned about the boy's family, being her best friend's family too. He shook his head and replied, "Well, that is a bit of a problem. I am clueless about this, because I have never been in that situation." He chuckled, and thought that the boy was playing 'hard to get', however, in friendship wise. Jaken instead just said, "Stubborn boy, huh. He may come around in the future, then again, he might not either." He honestly didn't know much about how to handle drama, or talk to someone about it. Apparently, he was doing a good job, and felt proud by it.

Isabella smiled and said, "Be glad you haven't been in that situation then," as she stuck her tongue out at him. "If he comes around, then good, if not then that's too bad," she said shrugging. "Anyway, I'm sorry I told you all of that stupidity," she said giving him a weak smile. The small bit that she had impressed him with had all faded away again with her foolishness and she wanted to smack herself for that.

Jaken couldn't help but laugh once more, "I normally don't get acquainted with drama. Even if I was around then, I more than likely would have just walked off. And I suppose so." He then added, "It's no problem. I was the one who asked about it." Jaken though, wasn't expecting that much, but didn't mind none the less. He thought that he was too curious for his own good, and felt that maybe he was being a bit noisy as well.

Isabella laughed along with Jaken, since his laugh was so contagious to her, and simply nodded as he spoke. "I hope you never get involved in anything like what I got myself into," she said chuckling. "But I'm sure you're smarter than I am to stay away from that, as you said."

Isabella had been so distracted by him she didn't realize how long she'd lingered, and how silly she probably made herself look the whole time. "Well, I suppose I should go," Isabella said quietly while tucking her hair behind her ear.

Jaken nodded. He grinned, "I never do. I only have drama with my dad." And anyone who gets caught in the crossfire. Jaken agreed, "I think I should head over to the pitch and get used to my broom. I'll catch you later, Bella." Jaken put on his jacket, and started out of the dungeons, before muttering, "Hard to fly without a broom." He turned and went inside the Slytherin House.

"Nice talking to you Jaken," she replied as he began to leave. "I hope to see you at the party!" She bit her lip in excitement and sighed as he began to leave, but almost laughed when he turned back to get his broom. Isabella stood there for a bit, still stunned at having finally talked to him before she finally retreated to going into her dorm to work on her dress for the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back