Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken exited the Slytherin Common room and decided to roam the dungeons. Almost immediately, his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He began to walk away from the Slytherin around. Jaken needed a break from studying, and this seemed like a nice place to just get away from all thoughts and worries of the OWLs. Even though he didn't like to admit it, he was nervous about them. If he were to fail, only god knows what his father would say, or even do.

Jaken tugged on his jacket, although he didn't find the air chilly at all. He stopped and leaned against the wall. He pulled out his wand and muttered, "Lumos." Instantly, the area in front of him was lit. He wondered whether rats would crawl here and there. He then found that this might be a great place to practice the vanishing spell. He smirked to himself.

A rat soon crawled across the floor. Jaken cleared his mind, and then pointed his wand at the rat, "Evanesco." The rat vanished. Feeling rather satisfied, his eyes searched for yet another rodent. He soon found one, and muttered, though forgetting to clear his mind, the spell. With a loud squeak, it vanished, however, the tail remained. Jaken slapped himself in the head. He said the spell and the tail was gone. Jaken felt bad for the rat, wherever it went. It was now tail-less. Jaken leaned his against the stone wall.

Isabella held her fashion books in her hands after leaving the Great Hall. She knew she should've been studying but to be honest, she was busy planning the After Party with Alyssa. She had been reviewing her fashion books to see if she could try to make her own dress for the party. Her first dress had been a disaster without the help of her books, and magic, so she was hoping the second time would be better.

Suddenly she heard tiny squeaks, someone practicing spells, and saw a bit of light coming from the dungeons. She continued down to the dungeons and noticed the older boy, Jaken Styx, in the dim light. Isabella took a quick breath and bit her lip. She'd seen him around many times, mostly with his girlfriend, but that didn't stop Isabella from thinking he was totally handsome. Oh shut up Bella, he's so much older than you, and is totally in love with his girlfriend. Plus, you're with Aiden! she thought, ridding her mind of previous foolish thoughts.

She didn't want to look dumb just standing there at the entrance of the dungeons so she walked forward and decided to do something she might regret later. "Um, hi, I'm Isabella Chaos," she managed to get out normally without staggered breathing or anything else too embarrassing.

Jaken, after beating himself up over the loss of that tail-less rat, he saw another and muttered the spell. This time, the entire rodent vanished. He sighed with relief. As long as he held a clear mind, then he would perform the spell correctly. In addition, he wouldn't have to harm any animals in the process. He noticed the tiniest bit of blood on the floor. He used the cleaning spell to make it vanish. Though, in a dungeon floor, there really wouldn't be a point.

Jaken heard someone coming, and his eyes glanced toward the entrance of the dungeons. At first, he didn't see anyone. He then glanced down, and saw a first year girl. He had seen her in the common room once or twice. Jaken heard her introduction and smiled, "Hey, Isabella. I'm Jaken Styx." He then realized what he was doing. "I wasn't being loud with my spells, was I?" He honestly hadn't spoken to a first year, unless last year counted. Of course, then, he tortured them. He had forced his old habits down, which proved successful this year.

Isabella had to repeat Aiden Aiden Aiden! in her head before she was able to reply to Jaken. "N-no, you weren't being loud. I just overheard you since I was headed down here anyway," she said giving him a weak smile. "Practicing for your OWLs?" she asked him. Then she wanted to smack herself for giving away the fact that she knew he was a fifth year, as if she knew all about him obsessively.

Jaken noticed that she stammered a little. Although, he didn't pay much attention. "Ah. Well, as long as I'm not loud, I don't have to deal with any professors." Once she mentioned the OWLs, he gave her an odd look. "No, actually. I was just bored of sitting in my dorm, studying." Jaken's curiosity of how she knew about him being a fifth year played out. "How did you know what year I am in?" Jaken couldn't help but smile at the girl.

Isabella wanted the ground to open up and swallow her right then and there but instead of being so nervous about it she told herself to calm down and start acting normal. "I've uh, seen you around and it's not hard to figure out who's in what year," she said more casually, but she kept twirling her hair out of nervous habit nonetheless.

Jaken watched her twirl her hair, but didn't inquire to why she was doing so. He nodded, "Oh, yeah I guess I do look the age. Being the only Slytherin fifth year male does have it's perks, I suppose." He shrugged. He honestly didn't think that others would notice. He moved the vibrant red hair from his face, wondering how many others knew him.

"Doesn't it get lonely though?" she asked him about being the only male 5th year Slytherin. Then she remembered his girlfriend and thought Of course it wouldn't get lonely with her around. She shifted her books from one hand to the other, to stop herself from twirling her hair obsessively.

Jaken shook his head, "No, not really. I hardly notice it, because of all the studying I have to do. Besides, I'm used to being alone. So, it doesn't bother me." He lowered his wand to the ground, careful not to blind either of them. He used his other hand to tug on his jacket, before finally taking it off completely and let it hang on his shoulder.

"Oh, well that's nice I think?" Isabella said and laughed a little. She put her hand over her mouth to stop herself from giggling and practically melted when he took of his jacket.

To keep herself distracted from him she tore her gaze from him and turned in the direction of the wall, where he'd had his wand pointed before she intruded. "So what were you doing before I arrived?" Isabella asked calmly, completely the opposite of her giggle earlier.

Jaken shrugged, "Well, my dad works here, so the only 'safe' place is in my dorm." Jaken wondered whether she had him for class, and if she was suspicious of him. Jaken didn't like his father even being in this school, let alone an undercover Death Eater. He knew the usual question of asking what he was doing in the first place was coming sooner or later. "Just making rats vanish. Or trying to in one piece."

"Your Dad works here? At school?" Isabella repeated. "Who is he?" she asked, thinking of all the handsome professors she knew that could be Jaken's father. "Poor rats," she said softly with a sly smile.

"What do you mean in one piece?" she asked. She wanted to keep him talking for two reasons. One, because she thought his voice was so drool worthy, and two, because if he talked, Isabella would just have to listen, rather than ramble on and make a bigger fool of herself than she already was.

Jaken sighed and answered softly, "He teaches Herbology, Kalif Styx." Jaken smirked, "Less rats to worry about." Jaken recalled seeing the tail on the ground and shook his head. "Um, the spell is tricky, and if you don't clear your mind, then whatever you are vanishing won't vanish in one piece. I forgot to do that with one of the rats, and well, it no longer has a tail." He couldn't help but laugh just a little bit.

"Oh! Really?" she asked a little unbelievably. She should've known by the last name, but for some reason it hadn't clicked. Perhaps because she had imagined Jaken's father to be just as handsome as he was.

Isabella laughed as he explained that a rat was now tailless and a question popped into her head. The same question she always got when she'd hear of this spell. "Where do the things you vanish go to?" she asked.

Jaken nodded, "Yeah. We look nothing alike, except for the coloring of the eyes. And the same trait behind them when we get mad." He then knew that she had him for class. It was on the schedule. Jaken shrugged, half smiling, "The teacher never told us that. Well, wherever those things are, my notebook is there as well."

"And what trait would that be?" Isabella inquired giving him a sly smirk. She felt a little foolish trying to carry on the conversation but she didn't want to stop talking to him just yet. Then she giggled as he said he didn't know and his notebook was vanished as well. "How are you supposed to study if you vanish your notebook?" she asked while giggling. She wanted to smack herself for sounding like such a little school girl.

Jaken laughed softly. He sighed and answered, "If you really want to know, then I'll tell. When he is in a bad mood, his eyes are somewhat black if not coal black. Our normal color is silver. Once we are pissed, they change to black." He heard her giggle, which proved to Jaken that she was a first year. He smirked and shook his hand, "That was at the beginning of lessons. That notebook had doodles in it. Nothing more." Jaken stared down at her, curious to why she was still around him. He didn't mind, though, he was just curious to why this is.

Isabella smiled and listened to what he was saying and said, "I wouldn't want to get you mad then, coal black eyes must be a scary thing to look into." As she said that she realized she had been staring a little too much at him so she looked away embarrassed. She held on to her books and remembered she had a flyer for the party she and Alyssa were throwing and was tempted to give it to him but her fear of rejection by him got the better of her so she didn't pull it out just yet. "Do you draw?" she asked rather lamely, trying to think of a conversation starter while she stalled for time for her to grow the courage to give him a flyer.

Jaken laughed, "I'm surprised that you say that. After all, my dad's eyes are usually black, aren't they? And mine aren't as bad as his." He wondered what color his eyes were when his dad intruded on Estrella and his date. He hoped that Estrella didn't see that. Jaken grinned, and saw that she looked away. He didn't noticed much. He heard her other question shocked him. Jaken answered in a casual tone, "Yes, I do. Why do you ask?" He couldn't help but wonder what this girl was getting at.

"No, your eyes aren't as bad as his," she said smiling, and staring too long into his eyes. She shook her head and then answered his question. "I was just wondering since you said there were doodles in your notebook," she shrugged.

She figured she had been babbling long enough and sighed as she reached into her bag. "Hey um Jaken, my friend and I are um, throwing this party after exams are over and everyone's invited. It's at night on the lawn," she said, fumbling in her bag as she searched for a flyer. "So umm here," she said, handing him over a purple flyer. Her face was red with embarrassment but she hoped he hadn't noticed.

partyflyer.jpg

The date isn't really real, just something to fill space. :r:

Jaken grinned, "I thought so. And you seem like a curious one." He wondered what was up with this girl and her nervousness. He then listened to her as she pulled out a flyer from her bag. He took it and stared at it for a while, using his wand to light it up to see in the dark. He glanced up to see her face red. He smirked. Jaken's gaze went back to the flyer. He repeated her, "You and a friend are having a party? Unusual." Jaken thought about whether or not he would even attend. "I don't know Isabella..." he paused, "But I'll try to drop by. If my dad doesn't kill me if I don't pass first." He had a smile, but behind it was the truth.

Isabella's heart was going a million miles a second as she waited with baited breath for his response. When he finally did, Isabella bit her lip and thought, Of course he wouldn't attend a party thrown by some little first years, what were you thinking Bella?! She kept her composure calm and nonchalant however and smiled cheerfully at him when he said he might drop by. "I hope you can make it!" she said a little too excitedly. "You can bring your girlfriend too," she said quietly, fumbling with her books nervously. "And I'm sure you'll do fine on your exams," she added with a small smile.

Jaken wondered whether he would even try to go. But he had already said that he would try, so he must keep his word. Jaken then saw that she was a bit too excited when he answered her. He raised an eyebrow, now growing suspicious, "And what would happen if I didn't show?" If he was going to go to the party, then he would drag Estrella along, willingly or not. Jaken shrugged, "I probably will." He noticed that she was fumbling with her books, and tended to do that often.

Isabella bit her lip when he raised an eyebrow and asked what would happen if he didn't show up. She knew she had been too enthusiastic and had made it totally obvious that she had a school girl crush on him. "Well umm, then that'd be too bad," she said shrugging and smiling weakly. She sighed as her attempts at being calm and normal around him were not very good.

Jaken couldn't help but laugh, "As long as it doesn't crush your spirits to have the oldest Slytherin not attend. However, I must keep my word and try to come." He stood up straight, showing how tall he truly was, which was almost six feet now. He stared down at the first year, quite amused. He laughed to himself, and debated on whether he should tell Estrella about his interesting meeting or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back