Walking

Isabella had to restrain herself from swooning as he laughed. To her, his laugh was so appealing, so..attractive. "Well it wouldn't crush my spirits if you didn't show," she said clearly lying through her teeth, "however I would be disappointed if you broke your word," she said with a sly smile. Isabella looked up at him as he stood tall and it made her want to cower away. She had always thought she was taller than most girls her age, about 5' 2 1/2" she thought proudly, but to him, she might as well have been 4 foot nothing.

Jaken replied smoothly, "I never break my word. It would be like breaking my pride." Jaken pulled his jacket off his shoulder and he placed it into his arms. He then laughed, "I feel like I am keeping you from something. Am I?" He was curious to this. It wasn't like he had much to do himself. Of course, girls need to socialize, and he never bothered. Jakem smirked, knowing that Estrella would find this party interesting.

Isabella grinned widely as Jaken said he never broke his word. She was looking forward to seeing him at the party if even for just a few seconds. Then he asked if he was keeping her from something and knew that was her cue to leave. "Um no not really, just studying. But I bet I'm keeping you from something, I should let you go back to vanishing those rats eh?" she said laughing a little.

Jaken smiled back at her, curious to how the party would even play out. Jaken heard her answer, and he laughed, "I figured a girl always has something to do. Whether it is fixing her hair or gossiping about boys." He added, "Actually, no. Like I said before, I came out here because I was bored. Those rats were merely victims." He said the last part with a smirk. "I think the only thing planned today was flying, and I wanted to do that right before dusk. Which leaves, plenty of time to kill."

"Oh," Isabella said simply with a smile on her face. "Well you are partially right about girls always having something to do, but my hair is perfectly fine right now...I hope," she added nervously, brushing her bangs to the side. When he mentioned flying she remembered he was on the Slytherin Quidditch team as well and her face lit up. "Did you get the memo about the possibility of a match against Gryffindor?" she asked excitedly, forgetting that she had planned to leave him alone now.

Jaken noted, "Your hair looks fine right now." He knew that girls always had something to do, however, maybe not in the way he thought. Jaken listened and nodded, "Yeah. I heard about it, and to be honest, I cannot wait for it. I don't mind the sport, but the brutality is always fun to watch." Although, he wasn't playing Beater, but Keeper, a less interesting role. However, Keepers were just as important as Beaters were. Jaken then laughed, "You, you are on the team, aren't you?"

Isabella's insides turned into puddles as Jaken complimented her. Well he had only said her hair looked fine but to Isabella that was as good as anything. She smiled widely as she said, "Thank you," and added, "Yes, I am on the team and I'm rather excited too!" she said trying to clap her hands together with her books. "I play Chaser, what position do you play again?" she asked. "It's pretty typical of boys to be excited about the brutality of a sport," Isabella teased, as she rolled her eyes playfully.

Jaken knew that he had seen her from somewhere other than the halls and the Slytherin area. Jaken nodded at her, "No problem." He smiled, "I thought so. Well, don't be too excited, because people die on the field, so to speak." He had to laugh when she attempted to clap. "I play Keeper." He listened to her teasing. Jaken smirked, "As if girls don't like violence in a sport. I can name a few. Wouldn't you like to see your rival bloodied and battered?"

Isabella laughed as everything about Jaken intoxicated her in the moment. She smirked up at him and said, "I think you're right Jaken, however girls such as myself, like to put up an act that they are dainty, little flowers that are afraid to play rough...just to shake them up a bit." She did like to play it that way, like she was delicate, and she personally thought it was a smart tactic in sports.

Jaken smirked, knowing full well he was right. He cocked an eyebrow up, "You play that role? Hm, well, I suppose girls nowadays do pull that act. Although, if you do that too much, some boys might be curious to see how far you are willing to go before you snap." Jaken recalled doing that multiple times in Durmstrang, though he left this part out.

Jaken's comment had caused Bella to raise an eyebrow suspiciously. "Care to explain what you mean by that?" she asked rather intrigued. "And I wouldn't play the role continuously on the same people as of course they'd catch on rather fast, I've got tactics," she said smirking.

Jaken sighed, "Let's just say that I used to do that. I used to be quite the bully, especially to first years. They seemed like...dainty little flowers, so to speak. Perfect prey. However, it is a good thing I straighten up my act, or else you first years, and probably everyone else, would have had hell. The reason I warn you, even if you don't do this, some like I used to be might try to get you to snap. Others will do that anyway." He shrugged. He repeated to her last statement, "Tactics?" He laughed, although curious to what they were.

Isabella was a little shocked to hear of this from Jaken. If someone else were to have told her that he was like this, she probably wouldn't have believed it, but since it was coming from his mouth, it had to be true. Isabella crossed her arms over her chest, with her books still getting in the way of everything, and said stubbornly, "Well..I wouldn't have put up with it."

Then she laughed a little and said, "Tactics as in a ploy...Sort of like I know what I'm doing and I'm doing it for a reason." She smirked as she said it and didn't feel like explaining so she hoped that explanation was good enough and he'd understood it.

Jaken smirked, but didn't say otherwise. Although she didn't know the things he was fond of doing in the past, he also didn't know whether she would have reacted like the others. "If you say so." He nodded at her last statement. He laughed, "At least you know what you are doing, if for a reason. I suppose that works for everything." Jaken shrugged. He understood it well.

Isabella stuck her tongue out at him playfully to show that she stood by her statement. "I am curious though," she started slowly, "what types of things did you used to do to poor, dainty, little first years?" she asked with a sparkle in her eyes.

Jaken stopped smiling, and looked shocked as she asked that question. He started slowly, "Um, I tortured them until they cried, basically. And that was starting out. The stuff I did got worse as I aged. First, basic pranks. Then, spells. Finally, things got bad enough for me to even torture the professors and needless to say, I was soon suspended from Durmstrang. Numerous times." He smiled weakly, wondering what she would take to that.

Isabella stood there stunned her mouth falling slightly open and her books almost slipped from her hands. She hastily grabbed on to them and turned slightly red but tried not to let it show. She was shocked by what he'd said but all she could manage to ask was, "Even the girls?" She knew it was a silly question, but she wondered if he tortured first year girls too.

Seeing that it shocked her, he grinned, "At least I haven't done any of that in a long time. And, not always them. My favorite victim was a girl, yes, but she is in the same year as me. I refuse to go back to that road. Estrella would have me beaten down if I did." He chuckled. "Does this shock you, considering of how nice I am over the time you have talked to me?" Jaken knew it did. But it was all in the past. And he had made resolutions.

The shock wore off for Isabella as he spoke again and said that that was all in the past now. She smiled weakly at him and said, "Yes, it did shock me a little, but as long as you're not that kind of person anymore, there's no need to judge you by those actions right?" her smile grew larger.

"I thought it would." said Jaken. "It shocks those that I tell. Which aren't many." Jaken grinned down at the girl. Jaken shrugged, "I suppose. Teasing and torturing people though, aren't those the qualities of a true Slytherin or am I mistaken for what a true one is?" He was curious to why he was in the house. Jaken was competitive, if need be. Everything else confused him.

Isabella laughed as he said teasing and torturing were qualities of a true Slytherin. "I believe those are the qualities of a stereotyped Slytherin," she joked with him. "But real Slytherins are ambitious and do what they need to get what they want," she said camly, shrugging her shoulders. "Perhaps there are many layers to Slytherins, maybe that's why our mascot is a snake, because snakes shed their skin. Just like you seem to have done when you moved from Durmstrang and got into Slytherin here," she said smiling at him. She felt a little weird because it was the most serious topic she'd talked about with him and she felt it a bit personal for him.

Jaken listened, and nodded as she spoke. And, to be honest, he was surprised at how wise she seemed. Well, she probably knows more about Hogwarts than he would in any case anyway. Jaken grinned, "I was going by an old mate at Durmstrang. It seemed like good qualities though." She did shock him when she said the snake part. He laughed, when she mentioned what he did, "More like shed multiple layers, if you ask me. Hm, you seemed to know more than I thought, well, on the Slytherin topic." He wondered how far her knowledge spread about it, but to Jaken, it seemed more like pride in the house, which a lot seem to have.

Isabella laughed quietly when he said more like multiple layers for him and smirked when he seemed surprised at her "knowledge." "You underestimated me didn't you?" she said smirking. She laughed it off lightly and said, "I just know a lot about my own house because it's always looked on so negatively, so therefore I am judged by that alone, and I have to prove them wrong somehow. I have to let them know that we're not all evil," she said with a small triumphant smile. She understood the other houses just as well but felt that only her own house was worth explaining.

Jaken laughed, "To be honest, yes, I did. I get what you mean though, as it is looked down upon negatively." He remembered someone, but forgot who, was shocked that a nice guy like him was in Slytherin. "They must forget about certain evil people that don't even come from Hogwarts." He was referring to his father, and all those others before him. Of course, she couldn't catch on to that. Jaken smoothly added, "Well, I am glad I am in such a great house. Maybe teach a few that Slytherins aren't as evil as they think."

Isabella laughed when he admitted he had underestimated her. She simply nodded when he mentioned other evil people who didn't even come from Slytherin but didn't know who he could be referring to.

"I'm glad I could knock some pride into you," she joked as she stuck her tongue out at him. "And I am glad to be a 'different' Slytherin because I'm so tired of these kids thinking they have to be mean and rude to everyone all the time because they're in Slytherin," she said angrily, thinking of Henri and Theo, but mainly Theo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back