Walking through the gardens.

Beau laughed, "Thanks," he said his voice slightly humoured.
"How you finding Slytherin?" he asked, having already run out of things to say, which was strange he never usually did. He shrugged it off and just looked around in an attempt to find something intersting about the scenery, he had no luck.

Hoshi shrugged. "I like it. I may not like some of the people there but then again Slytherin is sopped to be the shark tank of the school is it not? I'm kidding of course." She said with a bright grin. She maybe would not have anything against Beau after all. "I'm looking forward to when the lake frezzes over so I can ice skate." She said. Hoshi had already gone swimming in the lake and she loved it.

"We're allowed to do that now, are we?", Henric quipped, looming behind where Beau was, his person clouded by the shade of the trees around him; the way he stood make him and Beau look like a pair of shady criminals side by side. He allowed his piercing twin orbs to travel upwards and lock onto Hoshi's eyes, then he closed them, and tilted his head with a smile at her. "Ohayo, Hoshi-san.", he spoke in Japanese, once again displaying his uncanny knowledge of languages.

Hoshi met Henric's gaze seemingly unfazed. Hoshi was strainge in the way that what most people found frightening she found facenating. She burned with curiosity about Henric but for once would wait to find out. Something told her that things would revel themselves with time. Maybe when Ova finally admited that she had a crush on Henric. "You speck Japanese as if you had been there Henric-kun. Have you been there?" She asked tilting her head.

Henric shook his head with an odd smile plastered on his face, "No, I've only been out of my house twice in my entire life." He folded his arms and smiled to himself, eyes still closed; as if he was concentrating on something. "I study alot though. All manner of things - that helps." He raised his head and squinted at the sky to blot out the sun's glare. "Lessons will start in a few days. I'll see you two in the Common Room." He moved off silently, giving an airy wave. "And I'll see you during class, Ova." He added, before he disappeared into the large amount of people enjoying their before-school freedom.

Tichondrius strolled slowly through the gardens, enjoying the air and natural beauty of the lands. In the distance he noticed a group of people, though one soon moved away. "Henric", he muttered under his breathe, recognizing the walk of the Slytherin student. Walking towards the remaining individuals, he waved his hand in greeting and said, "Hey. My name's Tichondrius Illitharis, of Hufflepuff. Nice to meet you all." His eyes flickered momentarily over all of them, his mind quickly and naturally dismissing any of them as a threat.

Beau listened as Henric and Hoshi spoke, "See you," he said, lazily raising one hand into a wave as Henric left.
He was about to follow suit when someon else joined them, "A Hufflepuff?" He sneered, "I don't really think this is the right company for you," he said coldly looking over the boy, as he glanced from himself to Hoshi.

A smile crept onto as he heard the boy's reply, and amusment became evident on Tichondrius' face. "Indeed? Thank you for your concern. Judging from your attempt to intimidate me, you must be from Slytherin. I'm surprised to see a Slytherin out here in the gardens. I honestly never thought any Slytherin would be able to enjoy nature in any form." His eyes locked onto the boy's for several moments, then he smiled again, and turned away to observe the gardens.

Beau snorted, "I wan't attempting anything," he said coldly, he rolled his eyes at the boys comment, in all honesty he found nothing in the least bit intersting here, it was just grass and bushes.
"Why don't you run along and enjoy the nature then?" he said waving his hand dismissivly.
Suddenly he remembered where he had heard the boys name before, it was a mouthful Blair had barely been able to say it, he was the one who she thought had come for no reason and saved her from Henric. He let out a cold laugh as she realised why she thought his saving mission was unnneccisary.

Hoshi rolled her eyes. "I can see why you Toni-chan's friend Beau..." She said then bit her lip. She had been about to call him 'Beau-kun' again but he said he didn't like it. It just felt a little wierd to Hoshi. She didn't know him well enough to just call him Beau and it wasn't like they where going out or anything that gave her that right. "Oheyo! I'm Hoshi Koshiba of Slytherin and someone you should really watch what you say around." She said. Hoshi's voice was cheerful but her eyes had turn thar shade of ember that usually ment danger. "I mean what not to like about the garden even though the grass is to thick to skate on." She said flicking back a strand of her green hair.

He turned towards Hoshi and bowed in greeting. "Ohaiyo, Hoshi Koshiba-san. I always watch I say." Tichondrius looked at the tree, eyed it for a moment then reached out and snapped off a likely looking branch. He sat underneath the tree, and absentmindedly flicked his wrist. Using the dagger that shot out into his hand, he began whittling away at the branch. When Hoshi mentioned skating on grass he said, "I personally wouldn't skate on anything but ice. Is grass skating nice?"

Beau smiled a little as Hoshi mentioned skating, his mind flicking back to the skating lesson he had had with Toni before school started.
"It's better on concrete," he said, his tone still cold but more bored then having a purpose.
He lent back on the bench, he was feeling bored with the conversations going on around him but out of principal he stayed, afterall he had been here first not the other way around.

Hoshi nodded. "Agreed though there is not much on rideable turff up here outside the Quiddich Pitch. The entrece hall is cobble stone and most of the hallways I'm not gonna do until I at least have some of my classes down." She said. No reason to show all she was capable of. She noticed that Tichondrius had a knife. She looked at it not with anger or fear but with curiosity. This was her unusuall intrest in death coming up again.

"I've only ever ice-skated though, so I'll have to take your words for it." With a last cut, Tichondrius held up the piece of wood. He had carved it in a small snake, a cobra. "My pet back home," he explained, as Tichondrius noticed Hoshi looking at his dagger. The dagger itself was elegantly made, wrought of cold iron with a pair of entwining dragons engraved partway up the blade on both sides. The hilt itself had a single diamond in its pommel, that seemed to pulse with energy.

Tichondrius showed the dagger to her. "It's my ceremonial dagger. In my family when you come of age, or declared a master of a Igneus Ventus, you're awarded a ceremonial weapon that you must carry with you wherever you go. I personally wanted a katar, but a dagger has more uses than killing I suppose."

"Yeah," Beau nodded along with her, he hadn't really given skating much thought as of yet, but know he did he wondered where and appropriate place would be. Maybe he would have to stick to corridors as Hoshi had said.
His attention turned to the dagger as Ti showed Hoshi, it did look pretty cool, but he stayed where he was. Leaning back heavily against the bench he looked up and around at the sky.

Hoshi's eyes where glued to the dagger now. "Really, what is Igneus Ventus? I have a butterfly knife myself but I couldn't bring it with me because Haruhi hid it from me." She said pouting. "It really is a wonderful weapon." She said with a sigh. Hoshi again had a fasenation with death and destruction. The jewel on the end just served to catch her eye even more.

"It's my family's martial art. It uses a person's speed and agility to overcome opponents. It's key is to keep moving, and relies alot on using your instincts. The strikes and movements are extremely fast paced, and its meant to be used with daggers like this," Tichondrius held the dagger so that only the blade protruded from his fingers,"or with katars, which I don't have any with me. I haven't tried yet, but it could work with a butterfly knife..." He flipped the dagger back into his hand, and twirled it around his fingers absentmindedly. "Very useful to know, and combined with some of the other ... shall we say, less appropriate things ... I learnt during my education means I'm not helpless without my wand."

Tichondrius looked at Hoshi, gave her a once over, then turned back to gaze at the garden. "You could learn it, Koshiba-san. You could learn it too ... Beau. If you want."

Hoshi looked tilted her head as she watched the dagger twirl. Her eyes usually sharp had clouded over dreamily while watching it. "I would love to learn." She said finally snapping back into herself. "I know bits a pieces of a lot of things so I tend to mix styles lot." She added with a wide smile. Hoshi was proud of her skills even if they seemed very unorthodox. A lot of the time she even mixed in things that where not in martial art. "Like I said my mother didn't let me bring it. She accioed me to get all the things that she thought I might sneak with me. It's forutnet that I got my back pack only after she did that or she might have taken my ever bashing boomerang." She said then laughed. She need her prank items with her. She would have gone nuts without them.

Tichondrius frowned. "I guess having magical parents isn't always a good thing. Well, it's not like we start with using weapons straight away, so the butterfly knife won't be necessary. Just yet. When it is, I'll send a letter to my parents and we'll see what we can come up with." He twirled the dagger around his fingers again, then laughed suddenly. "My parents are good at bringing in things that shouldn't be brought in. They say its a challenge. Once, to beat the metal detectors in airports and stuff, my dad created a wooden gun, even taught me how to do it. The only metallic parts are small enough to be hidden inside pens, and the bullets as well."

Hoshi's eyes went wide. "What are your parents?" She blurted out. "I mean I know they muggles because you said that having magical parents it's always good but what do they do?" She asked again making herself more clear. She was also curios about his name which wasn't very common by an means but that she would have to ask later. Right now she was curios about Tichondrius' parents. Her mind when to international spies, hired hit men, and all other sorts of crazy places.

"My dad used to be in the Army's Special Operations Command, doing all the 'dirty missions' that the government couldn't officially authorize. Assasinations, demolitions ... you name it, he's probably done it," Tichondrius said. "He says he's no longer part of SOC, but you never know. Right now he runs a security business providing security for VIPs and the like." As he said that, the image of a young girl sprung into his mind, and he winced instinctively. "We also occasionally take in rich little kids who are the sole heirs of vast fortunes and protect them. The really big jobs, my dad does himself, and he never fails."

He stood up, and ran his hand through his silvery hair. "My mum is more normal, I suppose. She used to work for Britain's MI5. She's never told me which operations or which countries she's gone to, which is about the same as my dad. Apparently, they met when he had to conduct an egress for her. That means extraction operation, pulling her out," Tichondrius added, realising not everyone would know what egress and ingress were. "Now she stays at home most of the time. I think she's seen enough of the world."

Tichondrius flicked his right wrist and his wand shot out into his hand. "So they taught me everything I know, from rappeling down the side of a building to making stealth kills as well as concealing weapons. No idea why any parent would want to teach their child that. But they're good parents." He glanced up at the castle, flicked his wrist again and the wand slid back up his sleeve. Tichondrius smiled. "I suppose you could say that I can take the saying "trick up my sleeve" literally."

Beau listened as the boy spoke, he guessed the story would be more impressive if he had any idea what mi5 was.
"Okay I'm gone," he said finally caving, he didn't want to sit here any longer and listen to the two of them exchange marshal arts storeys, "See you around," he said not even bothering to wave as he said it. He walked slowly away and returned to the common room.

Hoshi was impressed. Her mother was a muggle born witch but she had kept a lot of her muggle roots. Meaning that Hoshi had spent lots of time in front of a television watching anime with her twin and when they where not doing that Hoshi and Tohoru where getting into trouble. "I had to teach myself a lot of that stuff but if I hadn't I would have never managed to make a flag out of that kid's shorts." She said in an airy voice remembering how she and her brother used to mess with the kids at thier old school. Hoshi waived at Beau when he said that he had to leave. She was sure that he had never seen or heard anything like this. Quite fankly neather has she but she was less bothered by that fact. "My home life was less than exsiting. My mother is reknown for her hair styles and beauty potions and my father runs a company that makes Quidditch gear. Cool if you want to get free stuff but they where never around much for me and my brother." She said with a sigh. She assumed that alot of the stuff that Ti was talking about took a lot if time to learn. Time that she never got to spend with her mother and father.

"Well, my parents weren't around much until I hit my fifth birthday. Then my father started up his company to, as he told me, to be able to spend more time with me," he mused. Tichondrius listened as Hoshi talked about her parents. "For me though, I've always thought that he taught me all that self-defense stuff was in case one of his many foreign enemies comes after him for revenge and targets me." He shrugged. "Not exactly stuff you tell a three year old, but my parents have always treated me as an adult from young."

Hoshi could relate. Both her parents treated them like they where grown already. She didn't mind it but it was the resent 'house rules' that made Hoshi rebel more than she had in her earlier years. "So when do we start Ti-kun?" She asked getting off the subject of families. One was not sopped to hate one's mother at the age of elven and Hoshi thought that it would be at least three more years before bad words and other things where flying across the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back