Waiting for Time to run Out

Dakota Howard

Dakota groan, it was a pain. A pain in the neck sometimes for her when it came to dealing with her pathetic family. Like she would totally ring their necks to death if she could. The part of her from stopping to put on such acts was Don alone. The two oldest were the tightest out of all the Howard's children. If Don said no, it meant no. He trust or put his trust in Dakota a lot over the years. Which is a bummer, cause one of these days she was bound to screw in any way. She was bound to make his life more complicated than their family alone. You can never trust a liar...

What started off as regular day, turn into a twisted night. Dakota had avoided the public eyes for a while, staying home unless day. She love her apartment, what did the world had to offer that her apartment couldn't? It was when she fell she was talking, that she decided to hound the nearest city from her place alone. During her adventure, she met a few craze wizards that were out of their wits and did anything for the young witches attention. She admit to liking how far they seek her approval and how hilarious it was to see Dakota saying no to them. It was all to fun for the blonde. In her attempt to flee away from those drowning her she ended up inside a lounging area, like pub. Where the wealthy spent a fortune just to sit around and mingle and Dakota getting in easy was a piece of cake to her.

Malachi was pissed. No, more than that... He was furious, he wanted to hurt something, anything. He wanted to kill something, bring it back to life, and then... Malachi paused, "no," he thought, "I could never." He sighed loudly and sunk down to the cement sidewalk outside of his parents' house. Holding his head, he tried to make sense of everything that was running through his mind. He was acting like his brother, which probably disgusted him more than anything else. No matter how angry he got, Malachi had never thought about taking his anger out on another person. That would be too much like his death eater twin. Malachi grimaced at the thought of Peyton. He truly was the source of everything that was wrong in Malachi's life. In fact, he was the one who had put him into this terrible mood. Although Peyton hadn't even been there visiting their parents like Malachi had been, all his parents could talk about was Peyton and how "they hadn't heard from him in so long" and "how he was the one who had to carry on the bloodline." Honestly, it was this last point that angered Malachi the most. How was it fair that his sick, demented brother could have children but he could not? But then again, when was life fair?

Taking a deep breath, Malachi returned to reality. Ignoring the people who had stopped to stare at him, Malachi stood up slowly and dusted off his pants. He then debated his next action. He couldn't go back to the solitude of his home quite yet, he needed to be surrounded by people. And he knew the perfect place.

Moments later Malachi walked into one of his favourite shops. He paused for a moment in the entrance to try to spot somebody who looked like fun. The moment he spotted the blonde girl not too far ahead of him Malachi knew he had found his entertainment for the night. He swiftly made his way through the crowd to the girl and gently laid his hand on her shoulder in order to get her attention and to avoid startling her. "Hey," he started with a smile, "I'm Malachi. Have I seen you around here before?"

Dakota put it upon herself to order three different types of drink, and see how fast she could drown them one after another. Each drink posses two mix of liquor, her second drink stung her slightly as it went down quickly. The third did nothing to her, but her eyes were wearily and her posture slump down, the chair she was occupying gave no privacy. Anyone could just go behind the girl and abduct if they wanted too. She found that thought rather amusing and a sick fetish to what she might like happening to her maybe someday. The girl life was so boring that a fantasy like that would make it more lively and exciting than it already did

In between drinks, Dakota felt someone tapping on her shoulder. She swirl around in her chair, to face a man asking her a buzzard question. She study him, searching his eyes, his face, his clothes, just about everything. "You do look familiar, like one of my brother's friend" she smile. "I just can't put the name at first but I don't know, but if you know my face than you know my name is Dakota" she held out her hand, her manner foul from being drunk, she was off and tipsy. "It's a pleasure, are you here on your own?"

Malachi nodded as the girl told him her name. The truth was he had probably never seen this girl before in his life, but he needed a good excuse to talk to her. Apparently it didn't make a difference anyways though, as the girl had clearly knocked back a few drinks and was a little tipsy already. But Malachi liked his girls this way, they were so much more fun because you never knew what to expect...

Taking the chair next to Dakota, Malachi settled in beside her. After quickly waving down the bartender Malachi turned back to the blonde and responded, "Not anymore." He followed this with a quick wink and a lopsided grin. He couldn't help it, flirting was second nature to him. When the bartender came over Malachi ordered himself a drink. He then turned back to his new companion and continued, "So where are you from?"

Dakota smirk, she took a like in the boy right away. That rarely happen, she was very close minded about strangers. She was picky, in some ways or another. "Is that how you start a conversation? So where are you from?" she tease him, she was truthful however. It's just funny, guys they were all funny to her. They acted the same ways, think the same ways, while Dakota stood out from the many horrors she knew back home. She stood out, insanely stood out in her own freakish ways."Kidding, I live in London, if that's what you mean" she mixed her drink and took in one sip. She ask for another and paid the bartender a tip.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's late reply =/ and because I'm still getting to know her well

Malachi smiled at the girl's mocking response to his question. "Why not?" he responded jokingly. Truth was, Dakota was right. He always started with superficial questions like this in order to get to know the other person first. It was amazing how much better he felt now compared to a couple hours ago. Clearly he had made the right choice in coming here tonight.

He found himself thoroughly enjoying Dakota's company as well. Truthfully, Malachi often took a liking to people, honestly it was rare when he didn't. When he heard that Dakota lived in London, he couldn't resist bugging her. "London, hey? That explains how much you've drunk already..." Grinning, he continued, "So do you have your own place there?"

OOCOut of Character:
Haha, it's all good. Sorry for my late reply as well... I've been a little busy :/

Dakota caught the humor in his words, she like company like that. Him being easy and enjoying himself, meant she could get away with this square. She can persuade to take advantage of his night and make him believe she was interested in him. She could do just about anything to the sap, and he won't know of what she's cause till the very next day. "Yes is there something wrong with my drinking? I quite like it you know" she slam the glass on the counter, another order arrived in demand, she smile and swirl the drink all at once. The bartender felt her presents to be uneasy, though dear not deny what she is paying for. "Yes I do" she patted his lap and remove herself from the chair to sit right on him. "I dooodly dooo"

"No, no, I don't mind excessive drinking... It's just that heard alcoholism is frowned upon in many countries..." He responded teasingly. Malachi was kind of surprised that the bartender instantly replaced her empty glass with a full one, even though no words had been exchanged. He was even more suprised though when Dakota left her chair and sat herself on his lap. He had hooked up with girls before, but none of them had been as forward as this one. And quite honestly, Malachi did not mind it at all. He enjoyed girls with attitude, it added spice and they were so much more fun. He wrapped one arm around the girl's back and waist, while using his free hand to hold his drink. "You know what," he said with a grin, "This is looking like a good night."

"Well you don't say" Dakota threw a bit of sarcasm. She grew tired of horsing around with the said stranger, who she was so fondly sitting on his lap. "How bout we ditch this place, and go somewhere a little discreet?" she suggested, willing to go all the way of skipping out her night of drinking, and just get straight to the point of why she had come here the first place. "I have a pillow waiting to be teared apart, the feathers make for best play when your in the mood" she hinted here words, a soft chuckle rolled out of her soft pout. Her hand travel through his chestnut hair, she curled her fingers around his soft tresses, "What do you say to that, m'dear?"

Malachi arched his eyebrow when the the girl suggested they go somewhere more discreet. He wasn't objecting, simply teasing more or less. And when she began to lace her fingers through his hair, Malachi simply shut his eyes and relaxed. He enjoyed the feeling of her fine fingers in his hair. He set his drink back down on the bar counter and used his now free hand to gently stroke her face. "I can't resist feathers..." He said with a smile as his hand fell away from her face to rest on her knee. Then, gently, he displaced Dakota from his lap and stood up. Taking her hand, he led her out of the building. Allowing her to take over after that in order to lead him to wherever she had in mind...

Dakota took his hand, utterly please he was going along with the idea of sleeping with ha stranger. She walk almost somewhat in front of Malachi, caressing his face and tugging the bottom of his desirable lips. The night fog surrounded their atmosphere, withdrawing a cold chill to the mix. You'd forget it being summer with a breeze fluently whisking away towards the young couple seeking lust. Dakota's attire fail to cover up well and her anxiety to want the man she with grew stronger every passing moment.

She put it upon herself to apparate them back to where she live, her flat being miles away from her family ever interfering on night's like this. There been a reason why she move this far and Malachi being with her tonight was one of them. Appearing in the center of living room area, Dakota pushed Malachi down her soft cushion sofa. The fabric match her drapes, tan and floral pattern pushed behind Malachi, while Dakota ran her fingers through the man's hair. She bit down his lips,kissing and pulling him much closer than he wasn't. She was not stopping, heck maybe not till she got what she wanted from him.

When the couple arrived in the middle of a living room, Malachi quickly took in his surroundings. It was a quaint room, but well decorated and fairly welcoming. He couldn't help but think of how jealous his twin would be right now. When his gaze landed on Dakota, he couldn't help but smile. She really was beautiful, and she was all his tonight. His skin prickled everytime Dakota touched him, sending chills down his spine. This was a girl who knew what she was doing and what she wanted. When she pushed him onto a couch he let her take control, simply enjoying every moment. He returned every kiss that she lay upon him with the same amount of passion. He was caught up in the moment, and tonight, Dakota could get whatever she wanted out of him.

Dakota took full blown advantage of the stranger she brought home. She had him all night till the peak of morning, where they ended up inside fer four wall bedroom. She had known her intentions from the beginning, it was farther than he knew bout it, the secret was safe with her for now. Till however her plans drag on, she silence her thoughts while she laid there underneath the satin covers. The man she had with her, slept at her side. Dakota arm fell right at her forehead, as the other hand kept the covers closely knitted to her body. She never been a big fan of sleeping, sleeping long hours that is, she got a good three to fours hours that would be it. That's all she needed, eight hours made her dizzy and it ends up giving her mirage when she did sleep that long.

Unlike his partner, Malachi slept like a baby. He was one of those guys who usually got cranky if he didn't get a solid eight hours of sleep. He was a sound sleeper too, never waking even through Dakota's restlessness. He just slept, one arm draped over Dakota's midsection, and the other under his own head.

When he finally woke up, he smiled at the girl whom he shared a bed with. "Good morning." He said, still groggy from his sleep. Once again, he noticed how beautiful the girl really was. He couldn't help but hope that this wouldn't simply be another one night stand...

Malachi's arm were link around Dakota's med section. Never liking the feeling of being hold, she let it be..for this time around. Something about being held my male, made her think about her past relationship with guys she never cared about, but they cared about her. Some went to the crazy lengths of offering the world to her, yet like trash she denied every offered of love. Love had no meaning to this girl dictionary.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" she reached his hair, slightly did she stretch her fingers across his lace soft curls away from his face. "I was watching you sleep so heavenly and didn't have the hearts to wake you up" she lean into his embrace, her soft pout caressed his alluring lips. They were fresh in her mind, now that she felt sober and straight. She had to shamelessly admit, he had been a great lover of the night.

He was used to this. It sounded bad when he thought about it, but he was used to waking up next to a girl. He was used to feeling as if that girl was truly the one for him. And he was used to that girl feeling nothing in return. He pushed this thought to the farthet corners of his mind though, not willing to accept it quite yet. Maybe he was stupid, falling in love so easily, but tat was alright. Everyone deserved to feel loved, and he offered that; even if it meant hurting himself. He just wished that one day, he would find a girl who felt the same as he did.

He smiled as Dakota spoke, replying to her first question with, "Well." It was a bit of an understatement, considering he had slept like a rock... As Dakota kissed him gently, Malachi lightly caressed her back. He would've been content to remain like this forever; but that was probably just him. He couldn't ignore that voice in his mind which told him that his partner would rather be anywhere else. But once more, he supressed the idea. Instead he said, "I'm sorry, wake me next time. I'd hate to leave you alone." With a grin, he pressed his lips against hers again.

"No it's alright, really" she reached over his back and hug herself into his arms. She use her fingers to comb down Malachi's back and right onto his soft skin, she sent a sort of sensation to wake up and prickle his skins with each moment her fingers work up and down his lean back. "Morning are so quiet, I just like to think when I'm awake.." most likely alone and no company. This bout that time she would make a million excuses to part ways, many scenarios played out in her mind. Shew could've gone with I have to pick my sister excuse or my body's not feeling up to be grab again. She could've...plainly said leave. "Could you stay with me? I mean if you want too, that is..." her blue azure hues rolled right back to him, she steady his features his eyes mostly, to pick up anything of false signs or plain simple truth.

He wondered what Dakota thought about in the mornings, where she wanted to be right now, what she was thinking right now... He wanted to know Dakota. Everything seemed so perfect right now and he didnt want it to end. But of course, he knew that it would. When Dokota opened her mouth to begin to talk, he knew that the end must be coming. His heart began to hammer as he dreaded her next words. Surely she would be asking him to leave...

And yet, the next words out of her mouth were the exact opposite. As she asked him to stay, Kai couldn't help but wonder if he had miss heard her. But when she loooked at him, he knew that she meant it. He smiled, genuinly happy. "Are you seriously asking me if I want to stay?" He said it with mock disbelief, his undertone saying that of course he wanted to stay. He curled around her and kissed the crown of her head, assuring her that he wasn't going anywhere.

"Yes it may come to a shock to you because you have no idea who I am, but I hate being alone" she laid right into his arms, closing her eyes as he kiss the crown of her forehead. She felt like a child when he did that gesture. A child that been missing something for a while, but will never suggest she did or admit to wanting to be with someone like Malachi. He fell to easy to her words, she ponder any other tricks she could use on him. "Besides I hate feeling like a s!ut the next morning" she admitted the horrid truce. "But you don't have to if you don't want too" she let out a sighs. She really detested knowing she was alone at home and any minute the feeling of paranoid would end up being her company for the rest of the day. Till nightfall and someone else was taking space right next to her in bed.

As Kai listened to her, he realized two things. First, he did not know anything about this girl and second, there was nobody who he wanted to be with more right now. He could sympathize with everything Dakota said, even the slut part. He knew what it was like to wake up next to a random girl and never seeing her again after that. He was determined to not let that happen this time though.

"I'm staying." Kai said, assuring her that this was what he wanted to do. "So why don't you help me out? Tell me a bit about yourself." With a smile, he examined her face; her stunning eyes, her soft hair, her lovely skin. She was beautiful, and he wanted to know everything about her.

Dakota smile, he was a stranger in her eyes, yet he offered to stay and keep her company. She sighed, smiling a little, it's not everyday strangers made you smile like your that important. "Well what do you want to know? You can ask me anything anything even weird and I'll answer it truthfully" she said soft spoken. She kept to her words now, well now and till he left out of her life. She kept to her words thanks to his generosity to stay with her.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's short and late! Congrats on making auror =)

He was an idiot and he knew it. Falling in love so easily? It was foolish. But he couldn't help it. He swore that this girl was different from the rest. Dakota was clearly special and he wanted to know more; in fact, he wanted to know everything about her. And now was the perfect opportunity to begin learning. He was still rather surprised that Dakota even wanted him to stay. He didn't want to read to much into that though; it wouldn't be good for his heart if he fooled himself into thinking that she might like him too.

"Well then," he began with a grin, "Where are you from?" He stuck to the safe quetions first in order to avoid any awkwardness. But still he was genuinely interested. Wherever Dakota had grown up, it had affected her; it had made her the way she was today, and it had made her into the girl who Kai had fallen for so easily.

OOCOut of Character:
Haha, no problem and thanks!! I was so excited when I found out :frantics: By the way, I like your new banner ;)

Dakota lean up and look down at Malachi. "Your kidding me right? Out of all the questions in the world you want to know where I'm from" she shook her head and eyes narrowed down to a sadistic glare. "Well.." she laid down again right besides him and turn staring into his attractive eyes. "It's very very easy and probably one of the most well known city in Europe.." she sauntered on to say. "And my accent is thick fill with it. guess where I'm from and maybe I don't know I'll surprise you with something.." something meaning anything she wanted to do or say to him...

OOCOut of Character:
thanks ;)

Kai tried to hide the blush that was creeping into his cheeks. He didn't know how she did it, but Dakota made him feel as though he could do anything or ask anything. But he always chose not to push things. He wanted everything to come naturally, and with Dakota it did. He looked away from her to try to hide the red creeping into his face, but he looked back quickly. The moment he looked aay, he longed to see her stunning face again. "England?" he guessed, trying not to sound like too much of an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back