Waiting By The Phone

"That sounds yummy." Max grinned. "That's amazing, I never would have guessed." He said. "Well my favorite color is red and I love french toast. My birthday is September 7th so in a couple of days. I think we are going to Hogshead for my birthday if you want to come." He asked her hoping she would want to come. Max didn't know many people in New Zealand so, he needed at least one friend there. There was a sudden crash in the kitchen. Rosey Fane, his house elf came out with her head hung low.
"Rosey is sorry sir, she tried to clean and the pots fell down..." She said sadly.
"Oh it's fine Rosey. Don't worry bout it." Max said smiling at Rosey. He loved his house elf because she was helpful but sometimes she was a little clumbsy.

Alyce smiled as he spoke, she would have to make a mental note of french toast and red. He said that his birthday was coming up and she smiled. "Of course I'll come to your birthday." She hadn't really done much for her birthday this year but she didn't mind. Alyce wanted to make sure she could go to Max's though birthdays were important. She turned her head to the kitchen when she heard the crash. She hadn't known Max had a house elf. She was cute, Alyce didn't know many people who had them. One of her old girlfriends she had before she moved had had one but it was a boy. Alyce then wondered how old his family was, only really old families had house elves. "You have a house elf?"

"I'm glad." Max said. He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. "Yea Rosey has been with us for four years. Not very long, but the old one... Well he is not with us anymore." He said smiling at Her. His family was always nice to their house elves, they felt like they deserved equal rights. Rosey was allowed to wonder around once her work was done, she even had her own room.

Alyce blushed when he kissed her forehead. It felt nice but brought back the butterflies. "I'm glad you have one, I know you will treat her right. Some people..." She shook her head she had seen what some people had done to their house elves and it wasn't right. Just because you controlled them didn't give you the right to beat them to death. "Some people are cruel to say the least." She knew he would know what she meant. Everyone had heard or seen what went on with some elves, and she hated it.

Max smiled when she blushed. He frowned when she talked about the abusive people. "I hate when people treat them badly. I will always treat them with respect." He looked around the room and at the pictures on the mantel. A tear leaked from his eye as he brushed it away. His eyes were looking at a picture of him, his sister, and his grandpa. His grandpa, Tom, had just recently passed away. He died of dragon pox. They weren't as close as his sister and Tom, but they were still close. His dad has been torn.

Alyce noticed something was wrong, but then she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. It was her mom and she ignored it. It stared again and she pulled it out to shut her phone off when she saw the time. It was nearing midnight and she had to work in the morning. She looked over at Max hating to leave him in this state she scooted over a little. "Max I'm really sorry but it's late, and my mom keeps calling me, and I have to work in the morning." She hoped he would understand, even though Alyce didn't talk to her family anymore she thought something must be wrong for her to be so insistent on calling her this late at night. Not waiting for his reply she said, "See you at you party." Smiling meekly she snapped her fingers and apparated home where she answered her phone. She hadn't answered for this number in a long time and she hoped she wouldn't regret it.
END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back