Waiting By The Phone

Alyce Ellison

OOC First Name
Annie
Ever since Alyce had met Max he was all she could think about. Since they had met Alyce had started carrying her phone everywhere. To work around the house, just waiting for him to call. Every time someone called her she hoped it was him. She was beginning to get a little worried he wouldn't call, but it had only been a few days. Now she was sitting around the house when she heard her phone ring, it was a unknown number and her heart fluttered. She quickly answered, "Hello?" She said, 'This could be it.' She thought to herself. Alyce hope it would be him. She decided that if it wasn't she would just have to write to him or something.

Max picked up his phone and dialed the number. This time he actually hit call. He held the phone to his ear and listened to the dull tone. "Hello." A voice said. That sweet voice belonging to Alyce. He opened his mouth to speak but didn't say a word. Max almost hit the end button but then he gained courage and spoke. "Hey, Alyce, it's me..Max." He said hoping he didn't sound nervous. Max had waited a couple of days just in case she thought he was desperate.

Alyce smiled big. It was him, he had decided to call her. "Hey Max." She wondered what she should talk about, she really wanted to see him again but she didn't want to throw that out so soon in the conversation. So she decided she would start small and work her way up there. "How have you been." She wondered if he had missed her too. But he wouldn't have called if he hadn't wanted to talk to her again.

"When can I see you again." He blurted out realizing he shouldn't have. "I mean..like..um..wanna come over? oh and I am doing good." Max said beginning to freak out a little bit. He feared that he might have scared her off somewhat so he held his mouth shut and closed his eyes tight. He waited and hoped she wouldn't think he was a freak.

Alyce smiled when he said it. She didn't care if he had blurted it out early, she just wanted to see him again. "I'm not doing anything today, so I can come over." Even if Alyce had been doing something she would have canceled to see Max again. She wondered what she should wear. Still holding the phone to her ear she walked to her room and started looking through things, easily saying no to some things and making a list of possibilities in her head.

"Great! I mean *cough* that sounds lovely. My parents aren't home right now though. They are out working. My sister is upstairs in her room." Max said. His parents didn't really care if he had people over anymore. He was 17, it was almost time for him to move out anyway. "We could watch a movie or something." He said trying to think of something for them to do.

Alyce smiled, she was kind of glad his parents weren't home. A sister she could handle but it was too soon to meet the parents. And as for hers, it was better if Max never met them. "That sounds great." She finally found some clothes she liked and threw them on the bed. "I'll be there soon." She said map-questing his address as they spoke.

Max smiled and looked down at his shirt. He needed to change it. "Can't wait. See you soon." He said hanging up and taking off his shirt heading to the laundry room to see if he could find a better, clean shirt.

Alyce smiled "Yup." She clicked off the phone and went to change and fix her hair. It was a mess from laying on the couch. She decided she was presentable soon after and apparated as close to his house as she could get. Walking the rest of the way. She knocked on his door taking a deep breathe. She waited and pulled her hair behind her ear.

He continued to search through the clothes but couldn't find a shirt "She will be here any secound!" Max ran a hand through his hair and paniced as he heard a knock. Still shirtless he walked over and answered the door. "Hey Alyce." He said welcoming her in. "I am sorry for my appearence... If you hold on a sec I can gO get a shirt." Max said. He is a well built guy with a 6 pac and he had a nice tan.

Alyce blushed when he opened the door, he was shirtless, and he looked good. "That's fine." She looked at the inside of the house, it was nice. She knew it was better than her apartment, but she was working on getting nicer things. She walked in, "Your sister is here right." She said, figuring the girl was probably in her room or something. Alyce wondered what to say, she was glad to be here but she was pretty nervous too. She really liked Max and didn't want to look stupid in front of him.

"Yea I thinks she up in her room...she knows you were coming but she is still upstairs." He said shrugging. "Go ahead take a seat on the couch or anywhere you like while I go put a shirt on. I'd rather not have my sister asking questions." Max said shaking his head and laughing before sprinting up the stairs. He opened his closet and look at his terrible mess. He was not very organized. Max shut the closet door and opened his dresser and found a plain black muscle tee. He put it on and adjusted his jeans an walked across the hall to his sisters bedroom. Max knocked on the door. "Alyce is here. We will be downstairs." He said as he heard his sister respond with a muffled ok. She was most likely reading or something. Max went back down the stairs and looked at Alyce. She was beautiful. He smiled at her. "Do you want some water? Or coke or anything? We have butter beer." Max laughed and headed towered the kitchen. "I can show you what we have."

Alyce watched as he ran up the stairs, he was in very good shape. She laughed a little about not wanting his sister to ask questions, "Of course." She sat down on the couch while she waited it was very nice, comfortable. Max came back down the stairs and she flashed him a smile. He asked her if she wanted anything to drink, "Umm." She followed him into the kitchen, she didn't want to be impolite so she would take something, but she wasn't sure what to take. She grabbed a coke, she really liked pop and she didn't want to take water for fear of him thinking her bland. "Thanks."

"Your welcome." He said laughing. Max grabbed a bottle of water and head back into the living room. "What do you want to do? Movie?" He offered shrugging not knowing what else to do. Max sat down on the couch.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry it's short!

Alyce smiled back at him. Following him to the couch she wondered if he would ask her out. She knew that they had met only one other time. But she really liked him, and he seemed to like her back. Enough, she knew it was okay for girls to ask know, but she would wait for him to ask. She didn't want to look stupid if it turned out he didn't like her that much. "A movie sounds great." She grinned at him. She probably wouldn't pay much attention to the movie, and maybe this would allow him a opening to kiss her or something. She hoped that was what he wanted, to be more than friends. She was getting kinda mixed signals like he really wanted to see her and he would flirt and stop but maybe it was just her imagination.
OOCOut of Character:
It's fine, sorry so late. My laptop was broken and I forgot about this till just now

"Awesome, how about the matrix? Have you see it? I love it." Max said as he flipped on the movie. As it begin he was watching Neo open the package and hear the phone ring. He put his arm around Alyce but to where it was still kind of on the couch. "This parts pretty boring but, therest of the movie is amazing." He didn't know exactly what to say to Alyce. Max was sort of confused of how she felt about him. That's why he didnt want to completely put his arm around her. He liked her but, he didn't want to come on too strong.

Alyce smiled at him, "Sure, I've never seen it, but I'd love to see it." She watched him as he put the movie on. She was actually kinda watching the movie. Max was pretty quiet so she did pay attention. Then he put her arm around her. It wasn't all the way but she could feel it. She tried to be nonchalant about it but she leaned back really slowly to where his arm was around her better. He was warm and it was nice to be able to feel him there. "I'll take your word for it." She smiled sweetly, the movie wasn't bad they were just building up before it got to the fun parts.

"My favorite movie of all time." Max said and smiled at her. He noticed she had leaned back a little more on his arm so he wrapped his arm fully around her shoulders. Then he slid his arm down to around her waist indicating she could lean on him if she chose. Max liked taking it slow with girls because he's a good guy and has been taken advantage of too many times. He only half watched the movie cuz the other half of his mind was wondering through thoughts aimlessly.

Alyce felt his arm fall on her shoulders, then down to her waist. That was all she needed and she leaned in close to him. He was warm and she was glad to feel thins close to someone again. "It's a good movie so far." She had been half way paying attention. She knew who the characters were and kind of what they were doing. She liked that Max was taking this slow, it was only the second time they had seen each other. As the movie went on a little longer her feet ended up on the couch curled next to her and her head rested on Max's shoulder. She was comfortable and he didn't seem to mind which she took as he liked her. Now reassured that he returned her feelings she stopped stressing about him asking her out.

The movie fumbled on the worst part was drawing near. "I hate this part when he just starts pulling the plugs on people.." Max said looking at her. They were like cuddling in a way and he liked it. He let his other arm wrap around her. "Are you cold or anything? Do you want a blanket or anything." He asked looking at the blanket draped over the couch. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable. Max felt like he had to make sure she felt safe and secure but he didn't understand why. He shook his head and looked around. It was growing dark outside but his parents weren't home yet. As if on cue, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He didn't want to let go of alyce so he just moved one arm to his pocket and slid open his phone. It was a text from his mom saying they were at hogshead and dad was getting drunk so it'd be late before they got home. Also to make sure his sister got to bed. Max texted them responding with ok and will do. "Parents aren't coming home till probably like 2 in the morning. They are out drinking." Max said laughing a little but. His parents didn't often do this but on occasion they did.

Alyce nodded into his shoulder, "Yeah." This part of the movie was kind of weird but she didn't mind, she was glad to be here with Max. He asked her if she was cold and she smiled, "I'm fine, but thanks." She was quite content by him, he was warm and she liked that. She watched as he looked at his phone and hoped everything was alright. He put it away and she was relieved to here his parents wouldn't be home. She wanted to meet them, but tonight wasn't the night. She laughed a little at the fact that they were out drinking. Alyce knew that they probably didn't do it all the time. "It's nice that they wanted to go out and spend time with each other." It was then that she realized it was dark out, She looked around for a clock, it was getting late, but as long as Max said it was okay she wouldn't leave until a little while longer. She could apparate home at any second it wasn't like she had to walk, or drive.

"Oh alright." Max smiled smiling. "Your beautiful." He said smiling hoping it didn't creep her out. "Your welcome to stay as long as you would like." Max grinned. His parents didn't really care about who he hung out with because he was practically an adult. Max tried to hold her closer but not to close. He liked the warm feeling she gave him and he didn't want her to not like him. "My sister is probably asleep, so I guess you can meet her another day. If you even want to hang out with me again." Max laughed and smiled.

Alyce glanced up at him, he had called her beautiful. "You have a gorgeous smile." She said smiling up at him. He said she could stay as long as she wanted, "Okay." She felt him pull her closer and she grinned slightly, she loved the way she felt when she was with him. She had never felt like this with any other guy. He said his sister was probably asleep and she knew he was right. It was pretty late, "Of course I want to see you again, and I still want to meet your family some other day." She said looking up at him again, "As long as you want me too that is." She hoped he would day he did. She really wanted to be with him, she knew he was taking it slow and she didn't mind that. But she knew someday she wanted to be his girlfriend.

Max smiled at her. "I am glad you want to see me, and of course I want you to meet my family." He said. Max brushed his hair out of his eyes then looked around the room. He could hear his sister breathing heavy like she always did in her sleep. She was always so quiet when she slept though. Max snored loudly and sometimes he didn't make a noise. "So, what are your favorite things?" He asked trying to figure out as much about her as possible. "Whens your birthday?" Max said. Then he remembered his was coming up in a few days. It was not long before he would be celebrating being 18.

Alyce smiled, glad that he wanted her to meet his family. Then he started asking questions and she glad he wanted to get to know her better. "My favorite things, pink and orange are my favorite colors, and my favorite food is papusa." She wondered if would know what it was it was a very traditional meal back in Honduras. She then realized he didn't know much about her past, she had tried to shy away from it when they first met. "I'm actually from Honduras so I really like spicy food." She hoped that would help him out, most people didn't think she was from central america, she was white after all. But she had been adopted. He asked when her birthday was, "October 27th." Then she wondered about him, "What about you, what are your favorite things and your birthday?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back