Waiting Around.

Kayden Night

Kaikōura Kea Coach 2046-2053 | Twin | Keeper
OOC First Name
Steph
Sexual Orientation
Ready to Mingle
Kayden wandered up to the sixth floor where he was supposed to meet up with his friend Shiloh. He glanced around at the unfamliar protraits and dark looming corridors. He sat along the wall on the stairs, out of the way of anyone coming up or going down. Kayden closed his eyes and sighed his mind thinking of Shiloh and her blonde hair that glowed in the sunlight when they first met in the Courtyard. Shaking his head at the thought, he didn't know what was coming over him being to young to understand anything about love and those kinds of feelings.

Sara was walking along the sixth corridor, when she noticed a small flash of red out the window, she looked out, only seeing it at an angle, as she had walked past, and saw that it was a robin. She walked over to get a closer look, and upon turning toward the window, she caught sight of her friend Kayden in the corner of her eye. Leaving the robin be, Sara walked over. "Hey Kayden." She smiled shyly, his eyes really were very blue. "What are you doing all alone up here?" She asked.

Kayden looked up through his lashes, he was disapointed by not seeing Shiloh but he was glad to see Sara. He hadn't talk to her much lately after speing alot of his time with other friends and school work. "Hey Sara, I'm waiting for a friend, Shiloh. She was suppose to be here about ten minutes ago, but she might be working on homework or something," he said lamely coming up with an excuse for her absence. He shifted to one leg after he brought them close to him and stood up. "What has you out and about today?" He questioned his friend looking in her eyes, as his father told him to do when speaking to a lady. He didn't quite understand why he had to look in the girls eyes but he trusted his father's advice figuring it was something to make him not appear shy.

Sara smiled, looking up at Kayden. "Shiloh? She was at the party right?" Sara asked, looking up at Kayden. He was looking straight into her eyes, his eyes were very deep, almost as though he was looking right into you. "Oh, um well, to be honest, I was kind of... rambling around, trying to find someplace.... well, calm..." Sara knew she wasn't making any sense. She was meant to be mad and hyper, no one seemed to see that sometimes she just wanted peace, to be inside her own mind, look at the things that she found beautiful. In her pocket was her camera. She had been planning to take some pictures, maybe an ordinary iron bar, with an interesting trace of dew on it, or a small piece of ivy, growing in a wall. She looked up at Kayden, her eyes misty, she looked lost, as she did when her mind was gone, but she was very much alert and asked. "So, what have you been up to lately?" The moment was gone, and she was Sara again.

Kayden listened with opened ears, as he would for anyone. People always seemed to enjoy talking to him, considering he would stay and listen unlike most 12 year old boys. "Shiloh, yeah, Blonde hair teal blue eyes. She really wasn't in the party mood that day I guess, so she stayed in the back like me," he told her almost saying to much. Kayden wasn't sure what was going on with him and Shiloh, but they had been getting pretty close lately, he knew older kids at school dated but that seemed so far away. Sara was pretty just like Shiloh but in a different way, they both were similar to him, and yet different from each other. Things just kind of collided in his head and he took a half step towards Sara, wanting to understand her more. Like how her and her twin got along, her favorite things to do, what food she liked, her favorite color; all the simple things. "Oh I have just been hanging around school, toured the country over break, you?" He asked the girl in front of him, his thoughts were started to form around Sara and he forgot he was even suppose to meet Shiloh on the stairs for a day of hanging out.

Kayden stepped forward, and Sara started, but made no move to step away and continued the conversation comfortably, she had a knack for that. "I suppose, everyone has days where they want to relax, stand back.." Sara drifted off, realising suddenly that she barely ever let herself do that, abruptly she looked up at Kayden, straight into his eyes. Usually she looked in peoples eyes while speaking, but she normally hid herself, but in that moment she let her eyes speak. Quickly she corrected it, hiding once more. "I moved house, from Ireland to England. Still not fully moved though, only half.." She had a tendency to drift off during these type of conversations, she still wasn't sure about the move, she didn't know if it was good or bad. She looked at Kayden though, and decided she could trust him. "You see, I'm not completely sure about the whole thing. I don't know what to do, everything is changing. Kate however has no such inhibitions." She smiled gently, looking him in the eye, letting her gaurd down-for once.

Shiloh smiled at herself in the mirror as she put the last finishing touches to her platts. It usually took her a while to put her hair in two platts because it was so long. Fifteen minutes was usually the record time. Today however she had done it in ten minutes, which had made her very excited. She was going to be hanging out with one of her very best friends. Lately they seemed to be hanging out more and more and she couldn't be happier about it. Of course she still had to wear her uniform because she was on school grounds. But it always looked good on her so she didn't mind.

Shiloh walked out of the common room waving to her roommates as she went and headed to where Kayden had asked to meet. She knew she was late but she hoped Kayden wouldn't mind. Though he never usually did. She always liked to hang out with him because he was so understanding. Red Wolf she knew was indeed his correct name. Wholly passionate was definately a word she would use to describe him.

As she came up to the sixth floor corridor she could hear talking. Maybe Kayden had run into someone while she was gone. She quickly turned her walk into a skip and rounded the corner where she saw Kayden with non other then her other friend Sara. They were standing pretty close. Perhaps sharing secrets. Shiloh was oblivious to the interest that was shown in both sets of eyes. She was as yet to young and innocent to understand. "Hey Kayden, Oh I am so sorry that I'm late. Forgive me?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around him. She then looked at Sara and smiled. "Hey Sara" She said giving her a small hug as well. Shiloh's biggest hugs were always reserved for Kayden. Though she hadn't realised this yet.

"Sometimes moving is a great thing, you can learn new things and meet new people," he said before noticing Shiloh coming down the stairs. Kayden noticed Shiloh was using a nice smelling shampoo when she huged him, he return the big hug to her and when he let go the scent lingered in his nose for a while. He watched as she hugged Sara as well before answering her. "It's fine, just means less time to talk today though. I have a five paged essay due in two days and I want to get it over and done," he said shruging his shoulders like he always did when he was slightly shy.

He never been around Shiloh and Sara at the same time, it was strange to think of them having a friendship that he didn't know about. He always wondered what girls talked about when guys weren't around, but figured it ould mostly be about unicorns and tea parties, like his sister used to have when they were younger and at home. Though her guests were always the strange bugs Kayden found outside so she was alittle different then most girls.

"Yeah, i suppose. It'll all work out eventually." Sara smiled, gently, reluctantly. She was still a bit out of it, but Kayden made her feel better.
Just then Shiloh rounded the corner, her lovely, golden hair in two plaits. She looked really nice, Sara fiddled with her own loose hair, she knew lots of girls who judged you on your appearance, but she mentally reprimanded herself. She knew Shiloh, she was nice, adventurous and seemed very kind. She hugged Shiloh back, smiling, her mask back in place.
"Hey Shiloh." She smiled, she really liked Shiloh's name. "I bumped into Kayden, while looking for a place to take pictures" She loooked at her through her eyelashes and took out her camera, as an explanation, suddenly realising that she had interrupted her friends meeting, and almost began to walk away. She realised that that would be very rude. She looked over at Kayden, wondering what she should do.

Shiloh smiled at Kayden as he told her it was fine. "Yeah, I know, but we still have time" She said as she flicked a platt over her shoulder. "So, what did you want to do today. Lets not go down to the lake this time though ok" She laughed as she remembered the first time they had met. She smiled at Sara and nodded as she said she was taking photos. "May I ask what kind of photos you are taking?" She asked. Shiloh would think it was fun to take a photo of Sara and Kayden together. And then maybe herself and Sara.

Kayden looked between the two girls, Sara and him just broke from a bonding moment that Shiloh had interrupted but he had promised Shiloh some hanging time. "Um," he said in reply to Shiloh. He would feel bad leaving Sara alone, but she had already planning on being alone plus opportunity to tease Shiloh was calling him. Though he was still confused on what he should say to the two girls.

"Oh, well I like kind of, abstract shots and I also like ones of people. Like portraits, but with a twist. I often just take photos of myself and my friends, Would you like me to take yours?..." Sara finished, smiling at Shiloh. Sara was still unsure what to do. Tilting her head backwords whe mouthed to Shiloh. "Should I go?" She felt as though she was intruding and should leave.

Shiloh smiled at Sara. "May i take one of you and Kayden together. And then me and you. And then me and Kayden?" She asked as she guestured for the camera. She really did like Sara, She was funny and energetic and had the strangest taste in all sorts of things. "Please you do not have to leave if you do not wish it. I actually do not have a problem with you tagging along with us, if Kayden would like?" She asked as she looked at Kayden. She didn't mind hanging out with both. But she could feel some sort of tension as though maybe Kayden didn't want to have both of them together. "Unless you want to continue on your way and take photos?" She asked. She was oblivious to the moment that her two friends had shared only minutes ago. "All we really do anyway is tease eachother over just about anything. I am not convinced you would enjoy such a pasttime" She added.

Kayden shifted as the two girls discussed what the plans were going to be now that Sara had joined them. He glanced at Shiloh a couple times, he had been very exicted about their alone time, where they usually explored the castle and poked fun at each other. "Taking pictures sound like fun," he said as though it was going to be the funest thing in the world. He didn't not like Sara or Shiloh, but he felt strange having his two closes friends with him at the same time and place.

Sara smiled at Shilohs plan. "Ok." she smiled, handing over the camera, she was already planning how to arrange Shiloh and Kayden in their picture. Their hair was almost the same colour and the light would reflect beautifully off it. "Ok!" Sara grinned, she really liked Shiloh, and it had been ages since her and Kayden had hung out. "Oh trust me, teasing is my middle name." She flashed a cheeky grin, then returned to normal in a flash.

Shiloh smiled at the two of them as she leaned up against the wall watching them. She really liked hanging out with the two of them, though it had never been at the same time. Sara had a certain way about her, the way she talked or moved, she was very fluent in her emotions as well. It was almost too easy for Shiloh to read any of her feelings. Then there was Kayden, with who Shiloh felt so comfortable with and had so much in common. Not a time went past when she ever felt she couldn't talk to him.

Shiloh held on her face, a cheeky grin. She had been thinking about tricks she could play on her friends. It was basically all she and Kayden did when they were together. They made jokes, and teased eachother. Sometimes they challenged eachother to a game of wits, trying to out think eachother. Sometimes she won, sometimes he won. This time however, she was sure she would win. "Let me ask you a riddle, the two of you?" She said as she kept herself against the wall. "A man rode into town on Friday, he stayed for three days and then left on Friday... How did he do this?" She asked as she smirked at them. It would be almost impossible for them to know the answer. Though considering the house Sara was in, she could know the answer.

Kayden rolled his eyes at Shilohs joke. "The horse's name was Friday, of course," he said already teasing her by making her think it actually wasn't as funny as she wanted it to be.

Kayden grinned as it seemed the two girls were doing. He took the camera from Shiloh's hand. "Alright you two first, I insist. Afterall Lady's first! Smile!" He said as he held the camera out at the two of them.

Sara was about to provide the answer, when Kayden answered for her. "Ok, here's one." She laughed. "How many times can you take five from twenty-five?-Think about it." She winked, in no exact direction. Kayden to the camera, and Sara came to life, she skipped over to Shiloh. "Where do you want us to stand?" She asked, head cocked to one side.

Shiloh smiled at Kayden as he answered correctly. Then she smiled as she looked over at Sara. SHe was going to be a smartass about this answer. "You can take 5 away from 25 as many times as you like, but you will always get an answer of 20" She said as she pulled Sara over to the side wall with her. "Here I think will be good... yes?" She asked as she hugged Sara. It would be such a cute photo. Shiloh was a very photogenic person by nature. So photo oppertunities went far with her.

"Prefect spot, now smiled girls," he said looking through the lens making sure they were smiling. After the picture was taken he smiled, it wasa good one. "And I do believe the answer is you can only take 5 away once because it'll leave you with two which you cannot take five away from unless you want a negative anwswer," he said sticking his tounge out at Shiloh. "Here is one, quite long though. 4.There is a river. On one side (say side A) a man is standing with a tiger, a goat and a bunch of grass. The man has to transport each of them to the other side (say side :cool: of the river on a boat. Now the boat can carry one item at a time along with the man. How will he do it? Remember that the tiger can kill the goat if not attended by the man and the goat can eat the grass, when left alone..." He said looking between the girls wondering if they could come up with the right answer.

"Thanks Kayden!" Sara smiled, She turned toward Kayden, thought for a moment, then answered. "Well, it's the same as the one with the fox, the duck and the corn-isn't it?-First you bring over the goat to side B. Then back to side and bring over the grass to side B. Then, while on side B take back over the goat, to side A. Then, you take the tiger over to side B, return side A and take the goat over to side B!" Sara smiled, they had a similar riddle in Ireland. She smiled, and took the camera from Kayden. "Strike a pose!" She grinned, bringing the camera up to her eye. She wanted to take a picture of Kayden and Shiloh. While preparing her shot she added. "What get's bigger the more you take away from it?" that was a pretty simple one, but she was thinking on the spot.

OOCOut of Character:
I love the fox/duck/corn riddle or the tiger/goat/grass !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back