Vivienne Juliet Esquire

Birth Date:
October 8 (Libra)

Current Age:
11 Years old

Current Theme Song:
Blackbird - The Beatles

Basic Appearance:
I have deep dark brown eyes, my mother always said they were like chocolate. My hair is dark brown, but it naturally lightens in the Summer. It's a bit curly, but I straighten it sometimes. I'm a bit shorter than average, but I'm not stumpy. See avatar/signature/above ^.

Parents:
Adrian & Elizabeth Esquire - they own a large international wand franchise. What started off as a small business has become a lot more. Because of the huge responsibilities, they're travelling alot. Instead, Svetlana (the maid/nanny) looks after me. I don't see my parents as much as I'd like, but I'm really close to Lana so I'm ok.

Siblings, if any:
I'm an only child, but I'm very close to my cousin, Noah.

Pets, if any:
A tiny owl named charlie. More of a family pet, though.

Area of Residence:
Main house - Just outside of Auckland. Not fully in the country, but still on a secluded piece of land with a big old house and garden.
Lake house - Right by a lake not far from Brightstone. I prefer this house to our main one, it's much more inviting. The only reason we haven't moved there permanently is because the main house is closer to the city.

Blood status:
Mixed blood. Both of my parents have mainly wizards in their ancesty, but a few muggles here and there.

Five word to best describe you:
Thoughtful, creative, open-minded, secretive, feminine.

Hogwarts House (And why):
Hufflepuff, because I'm compassionate. I get sad when anyone's unhappy. :(

Best school subjects (And why):
Charms, because I enjoy practical lessons where we can use our wands. And flying, because.. well, flying is just awesome! Ooh and history of magic, because I love finding out more about the world around me, and I'm good at writing essays.

Worst school subjects (And why):
Probably potions, solely because of the atmosphere.. it just doesn't make me look forward to classes. Maybe astronomy too, because I'm more creative than intellectual. Astronomy is too sciencey :doh:

Favourite place at Hogwarts:
The gardens and towers. The scenery is so nice!

What would your Patronus be?
A wolf, because they're fierce and mysterious just like I can be if the situation calls for it (but that's only occasionally, because I doesn't like fighting). And also because canines are loyal, and I'm in Hufflepuff :D you see, everything ties in together!

What would your Boggart be?
The physical feeling of fear. I'm not really scared of an actual thing, but more of the bad emotions that can be brought with that. Do you get what I mean? Like, the feeling you get in your stomach when you're scared. Yep, I'm an emotions person. :oy:

What would your Animagus form be? (If you ever were to become one)
A swan, because they're gentle, graceful, and calm. :D

What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?
I would simply see myself, and everyone I love to be happy. That's really all I need in life. (In case you haven't noticed, I'm big on the whole happiness thing :lol: ) Oh and maybe for my parents to be around more..

What memory could they use to create a Patronus?
A few summers ago when my parents didn't need to travel, we just went swimming and kayaking every day in the lake.

(( I'll probably add to this over time, feel free to ask questions or whatever :D ))

Alright, I'll be trying to help you develop your character a wee bit. :)
Here are a few questions to start off:

What does Vivienne think of her name?
Does she have a middle name?
Does Vivienne have any distinguishing features and/or marks? (Birthmarks, scars, abnormally large ears?)
Why don't Vivienne's make their own wands very often? Are they not skilled at it, or too lazy?
Who does Vivienne feel closer to, her parents or her nanny?
Does Vivienne ever wish she had siblings?
Has Vivienne lived in the same home all her life? Is it a family home (passed down through generations) or did her parents buy it?
You've listed her best and worst subjects, but are her favourite and least favourite different? If they are, what are they?
How can a Boggart take the form of an emotion? What might it do to exhibit Vivienne's greatest fear?

Hi, I hope these answer your questions. I'll do them OOC.

What does Vivienne think of her name?
Vivienne thinks her name's alright.. a bit too formal for her liking though. She usually shortens it, but thinks the shortened versions are just as annoying.

Does she have a middle name?
She does, her middle name is Juliet. (I've edited that into the original post.)

Does Vivienne have any distinguishing features and/or marks? (Birthmarks, scars, abnormally large ears?)
Not really. She does have quite a few freckles on her arms, though.

Why don't Vivienne's make their own wands very often? Are they not skilled at it, or too lazy?
I think they choose to import them, so wizards in New Zealand have the oppurtunity to buy internationally made wands. Most of the other wand shops here sell NZ made, and they want to offer something different.

Who does Vivienne feel closer to, her parents or her nanny?
She feels close to them in different ways. Although she looks up to her parents and respects the empire they've built, she doesn't feel like they're really friends. With Lana she can tell her anything, and know that there won't be any need to explain things.

Does Vivienne ever wish she had siblings?
Not really, she thinks of her friends as siblings, and that's good enough for her.

Has Vivienne lived in the same home all her life? Is it a family home (passed down through generations) or did her parents buy it?
Her home is a family home, and it's quite old. Vivienne has lived there all her life.

You've listed her best and worst subjects, but are her favourite and least favourite different? If they are, what are they?
Her favourite subjects as the same as her best ones, as she has more fun with them, and tries harder in those classes. She doesn't do as well in the classes she dislikes, because she finds it difficult to show enthusiasm and concentrate.

How can a Boggart take the form of an emotion? What might it do to exhibit Vivienne's greatest fear?
I think the boggart would be similar to a dementor. But because Vivienne has never encountered one, it wouldn't physically look the same. It would probably just look like a dark misty cloud, making a knot in your stomach as soon as it swept through you. Similar to what a dementor does, but like I said, looking different.

Thanks very much for answering some of my questions. :)

Here are some other ones:

What is Vivienne's greatest goal for herself in Hogwarts?
Does Vivienne have in mind something she'd like to do as an adult?
What is Vivienne's favourite colour?
What is her favourite food?
Does she have a 'best' friend? If so who are they? Did she meet them before Hogwarts or in Hogwarts?

I may think of more later. :)

What is Vivienne's greatest goal for herself in Hogwarts?
Vivienne would really like to take part in lots of extra activities, like the quidditch team and other clubs like that. She'd like to be a prefect, or maybe even head girl. Overall she just wants to do well enough in her classes so as not to disappoint anybody.

Does Vivienne have in mind something she'd like to do as an adult?
She really enjoys writing songs. She's not incredibly talented as a musician, so she'd like to have something to do with music behind the scenes. Either writing or producing etc.

What is Vivienne's favourite colour?
Soft blues and greens.

What is her favourite food?
Vivienne is quite knowledgeable and curious about the world around her, so she enjoys trying foreign food. Her favourites are probably japanese and italian.

Does she have a 'best' friend? If so who are they? Did she meet them before Hogwarts or in Hogwarts?
She had a few close friends at home, both muggles and part of the wizarding world, (Due to being raised with interaction in both worlds.) But there was no certain one that was a best friend. At Hogwarts she's made much closer friends, because they all have so much in common. Her best friends are probably Arisa and Arianna, although she has quite a tight circle of other friends too.

:D

Here are just a few:

Why did Vivienne choose the Corpse Bride as her Halloween costume if she's so optomistic?
Is your owl named after someone? Why Charlie?
Does Vivienne want to play Quidditch since she is so interested in flying?
If yes, what position s she interested in trying out for?
If no, why not?
How well does she do in school?
Who is her favorite teacher?
Does she have a worst enemy? Who?
What is her deepest darkest secret?
Does she have any crushes? Whoooo?
What parts of the world are the 'chains' of wand shops located?
Is there on in NewZealand?
Was tis business started generations ago, or did your parents start it up themselves?

That's all for now
lolcongrats, it's my first post to someone on character development
:p

Ooh thank you! I feel special :lol:

Why did Vivienne choose the Corpse Bride as her Halloween costume if she's so optomistic?
The main point of Halloween is to dress up, and be someone you wouldn't dream of being in real life. Like everyone, Vivienne has her darker side, which she likes to show on Halloween, one of her favourite holidays.

Is your owl named after someone? Why Charlie?
Her parents like old fashioned names, and Charles fits in with that. Charlie is just a casual nickname that Vivienne uses.

Does Vivienne want to play Quidditch since she is so interested in flying?
Yes, she would like to join the Quidditch team.

If yes, what position is she interested in trying out for?
Vivienne's favourite position is seeker, because she is light and fast, with a quick mind. She also likes playing as chaser too.

How well does she do in school?
She does quite well in most subjects, and in a few others she is more average. She just tries not to disappoint anybody, but if she were to try more for herself, I believe she could do even better.

Who is her favorite teacher?
Not really sure yet..

Does she have a worst enemy? Who?
Vivienne is not usually the type of person to have enemies. If people dislike her, she just tries to earn their respect, and befriend them. If she dislikes somebody, she usually just avoids them. If it's really bad, she'll swear at them in her head, but overtly she's not one for confrontation. In other words she keeps her thoughts to herself, so as not to cause drama. But most of the time she likes everybody!

What is her deepest darkest secret?
To be honest I'm still developing that side of her, so even I don't know. But I will tell you that even someone as innocent and good as Vivienne has secrets. ;)

Does she have any crushes? Whoooo?
She has met some nice guys in her short time at Hogwarts, but so far she just considers them as friends. Who knows what the future brings though!

What parts of the world are the 'chains' of wand shops located?
Most first world countries, but expanding in the future.

Is there one in New Zealand?
Yes. :D There are 7 in the North Island, and 5 in the South.

Was this business started generations ago, or did your parents start it up themselves?
The rest of the Esquire family are quite high up the social ladder, and have a lot of money. (This money comes from as far back as the medieval times, when 'squires' and 'esquires' were assistants to the knights. This was already thought of as quite respectable, but over time they worked their way up even higher on the social ladder.) Vivienne's parents could have easily lived off inheritance and things like that, but they decided to earn a more respectable living, and travelled over the world (at times with wizards and other times with muggles.) before deciding to start the business. It's because of their travels that Vivienne knows so much about both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back