Visiting the Owls

"I will wait." Blane said smiling. "Its a nice day today. I think it might be warm."

"Not really. Okay No Air it is." Blane said smiling. He tuned his guitar slightly and then began to play. He strummed the guitar and began to sing. He knew the song pretty well." Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air, Can't live, can't breathe with no air, It's how I feel whenever you ain't there" Blane sang. He smiled at the two girls as he played. When the song came to end Blane slowed the chords down and held the last note right up to the end of the last chord. He finished the song and looked happily at the two others.

Enzeru smirked. Music always made her feel a little better when she was afraid or worried. "You know, I've been on a broom once. My cousin and I rode twosies when she dropped me off for school shopping. That's a good song by the way."

Andromeda wished the ground would open up and swallow her whole. Blane had never mentioned this before, only that he had no place to go for the holidays. She tried to remember all their previous conversations, they didn't matter though. What mattered was now and Blane was sad. She hated seeing him this way.
She put her arms about him and hugged him tightly.
"I'm so sorry Blane", she released him and reached for his hands instead.
"I... I can't tell you how sorry I am!"

Blane took her hand and held it some what limply "She died when I was seven. I practically grew up with her. Shes was the only person in my family I liked." Blane said still looking at the ground, he voice sounding far away as he remembered that day.

Andromeda turned to Enzeru for help, she may have lost her father recently but she still was trying to cope with that! She was ill equipped and knew nothing of trying to help someone else.
"Do you want to talk about it? About her? I am a good listener" she let go of his hand and crossed her arms, feeling unsure of herself.

"In the worlds of the Vulcans, I grieve with thee." Enzeru said, unsure of what else to say. She wasn't good at dealing with sad situations. "If you need to talk, I'm here as well."

Blane stayed silent. He sat on the ground not caring if he got dirty, that didn't matter. He had lost so much in his life and out of all of those things losing his cousin was the worst. He tried not think about her because every time he did, it would hurt. "Her name was Cassandra" Blane said quietly. He felt tears at the back of his eyes. "She was two years older than me" was all Blane could say before a small tear came down his face. "I miss her" Blane said as tear began to flow silently down his face, Blane didn't even make an attempt at wiping them away.

Andromeda looked again at Enzeru, then quickly went to where Blane sat.
"It's good to miss her. That shows that you haven't forgotten her! If you keep her in your heart then she's not really far at all is she?" Andromeda sat beside him and leant her head on his shoulders, she let him cry - she believed it was good for you. "At least that's what I tell myself all the time! Cassandra is a beautiful name!"

Blane let his head be leaned on Andromedas shoulder. He tried to smile but failed. "I could never forget her." Blane said his tears finally coming to a stop, the tears may have gone but there was still sadness in his eyes. Blane slide his hand into hers "Her death tore not only her family apart but mine too. Its one of the reasons why I live alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back