Visiting the Owls

Blane Bailey

Blane woke up early one morning and decided to go see the owls. He walked up to the owlery with his guitar on his back. He opened the door and walked in. The owls were flying around every where. Blane had never seen that many owls in the one place. He didn't own an owl but found them interesting. He looked around and climb the steps up to where the top owls were. He went over to a few before going over to the window where owls were coming in and out of. He took the guitar off his back and began to strum chords softly. He began a tune he had written before he came to Hogwarts. Blane liked the song he had written. As he played he began to sing softly too. Wondering if anyone else would be up at this time.

"Morning early bird", Andromeda smiled as she walked slowly in to the Owlery carrying two cups of steaming coffee.
"I saw you walking over this way earlier so I thought you might like a morning pick me up!" She sat down beside him, handing him his cup.
"Sounded good, is it new?"

Enzeru ran up to the owlry with a letter clutched in her hand. She had made up her mind to tell her cousin about what was going on here. When she entered the owlry she stopped, "Oh, sorry if I interrupted something, just need to send my cousin a letter."

She picked out an owl and sent it off. "How are you holding up, Andromeda?" Enzeru had read the paper about Andromeda's father.

"Morning Enzeru! I'm ok. Good days and bad you now! at least the classes keep me busy. How are you?" Andromeda smiled at her friend then blew on her coffee,"Call me Andy by the way...everyone else does! do you know Blane?"

Enzeru shook her head, "I don't believe we have met. If we have I don't remember it."

Classes had kept Enzeru busy as well. She had barely found a moment to send this letter. "Classes have been going well, but haven't left me much personal time."

Blane placed down the guitar when he saw Andromeda was a cup of coffee. He took it from her. "Thank you." He said Blane looked as another girl entered the owlery. "No we haven't meet but its very nice to meet you." Blane said to Enzeru. "Its a new song I wrote just before I came here, to hogwarts. Do you like it?" Blane asked taking another drink of his coffee

"I'm not much for music that's not hard rock or punk." Enzeru replied as she leaned against a stone wall.

She couldn't stop thinking about the meeting in the common room the night before. "If you thought someone was going to do something bad and force you to help them what would you do?"

Andromeda looked at her friend concerned for her now.
"Well, I'd confide in someone I could trust - take it to your House Professor in confidence, so that they could keep an eye on the person. You shouldn't have to do what you don't want to Enzeru!" Andromeda got off her perch and put her cup down. She walked over to Enzeru and placed a hand on her arm.
"Are you ok, no-one else is around if you want to tell us what's going on", she looked at her with worry.

"Well, it's really a house matter, but I think I can trust you." Enzeru sighed, if they found out she could have hell to pay for this.

"Last night the first year Slytherns were all invited to meet in the common room by two older students. They said if we were not with them we were against them. I just had a really bad feeling about it all." Enzeru felt better now.

"Yeah, but when the prefect interrupted they changed their tone completely and ended the meeting." Enzeru replied with a sigh. "I think I might go to my head of house."

Enzeru smiled and nodded, "Thanks for the support. Hopefully my cousin will send me an owl telling me what she think is going on. She's got this intuition that's rarely wrong."

"Well, no class until tomorrow. Too bad you can't really study for flying." Enzeru shook her head, "I hope I don't end up being one of those people that gets hurt the first day. They say there is always one."

"I love flying, I can't wait for class on Saturday. I have to ask the headmistress if it's ok for me to practise outside of class. I did it everyday with my dad, only little bits and not very far off the ground. And it was an old broom!" she sighed, "but, I have my new one now, and can't wait to try it out! You won't fall Enzeru or you Blane, trust me!"
Andromeda paused and then conceded with Blane,"If you do take this to your head of house, just don't let anyone else know though! Just in case."

"Nope, already asked Professor King. I need to get permission. So, I figure I'll go to my first class in flying on Saturday, see how that pans out and then I'll go to the headmistresses office and ask!" Andromeda had a huge smile now on her face, always when she mentioned flying!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back