Visiting an old home.

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah had arrived in Leeds over an hour ago. Her bags had been taken up by a concierge at a random inn in the city. It was a decent place, not to shabby, however obviously not meant for the rich at all. Leah had been lucky enough to have saved her money to get a room.
A tune was played over the speakers in the hotel lobby, and Leah sat on one of the couches waiting for her room to finish being prepared. She always hated how they would tell you t check in at a certain time and then your room would take forever to complete cleaning. She sighed and watched a few people walk around, knowing that she would not set out to look around until the morrow arrived.

Mark was feeling a bit sick, a bit on the queasy side. " Probably from the plane." He muttered to himself as she pushed open the door to the hotel. It was a nice hotel, near his standards but he was just here for a few days and didn't think he needed to spend to much money on a hotel room. Mark was assigned a room but it needed to be cleaned, and he would be called when it was clean. He saw a girl sit down, Mark walked closer to her. " Your room being cleaned up too?" He asked smiling as he sat on an arm chair across the room from the girl.

Leah heard a voice and saw a guy approaching her. She had happened to be checking him out a bit before he came over to her and was pleased to see that he had some interest in her. "Yes." She answered with a smirk. "It's been over an hour. I don't see how a one bedroom room could take so long." She rolled her eyes. "Muggles."

Mark was shocked. " Over an hour, wow these muggle's are slow." He snorted. " I'm Mark Finnigan by the way." He introduced himself. Mark was still wondering why this girl was here. " So what brought you to Leeds?" He asked, he himself was just here on personal sight seeing.

"I prefer staying at wizarding inns, but this will have to do." Leah informed him, still feeling a bit annoyed. "Leah Winters." She introduced herself, taking his hand and giving it a brief shake. "I live here. I mean, I used to live here. About seven years ago." She nodded, remembering her years here. They had not been particularly good, but she wanted to see her old house. "Why are you here?"

Mark nodded. " They're always faster and better I suppose." He smiled. " That's cool, I love Leeds." He said looking around at the hotel, for a muggle hotel it wasn't at all bad but they did have to pick up on the speed. " I'm here just for sight seeing, I've been here before I just want to see it again." Mark wondered if his room would take more than an hour, just like Leah's.

"I never liked Leeds." Leah told him. Suddenly she stopped talking for a few seconds, realizing that she was about to open up to this strange guy. "Well. I'm famished." She said. "This inn has a nice cafe next to it, that I really wanted to try." She looked at the muggle clock behind the front desk. "It's :cry:00, so we should hurry before they start charging dinner prices. Did you want to join me?"

"So am I." He replied. " Sure, let's go." He said getting up from his seat. He did want to visit the cafe when he walked in so it couldn't hurt having some lunch there with Leah.

Leah led him out of the hotel and to the cafe. It was a small place, many windows covered the building giving it a cheery and welcoming look. "Looks cozy." Leah said, walking inside. Their were booths and tables scattered about, and a few waitresses waiting on tables. Leah naturally chose one near a window and picked up a menu, browsing through it.

Mark followed Leah, the cafe did look better as he stood in front of it for a longer period of time. He followed Leah to the booth, and he knew what he was going to order already, he liked to think before hand. " What are you going to order?" Mark asked.

The menu had the normal selection of muggle items, including but not limited to sandwitches and salads. She studied the menu more than she did the items however, rolling her eyes over the bright colors that decorated the sides and how the words were so full of color. It did fit the cafe, though. The brightness and happiness fit in well here, and Leah could not help but realize that perhaps she did not fit in very well at all.

It was a contrast of dark and light, Mark being more of a light and Leah being dark. Lost in her thoughts, she looked up at Mark, and opened her mouth to answer him. "What can I get you?" A pretty young waitress with a strong british accent came over to them, pen and pad in hand, waiting for their order. Deciding, that Mark would find out what she was going to order she answered, "Coca cola, loaded baked potato, no sour cream." She looked at the menu again, and thought for a few seconds. "With a small steak on the side. Medium well."
The waitress scribbled down her order and turned to Mark, her smile growing even wider when she saw the handsome boy. Leah felt a small prick of jealousy, but ignored it not wanting to cause a scene for someone she had barely met five minutes ago.

Mark scanned over the items again just to make sure that he was going to order the right items. " Diet cola, wings with honey garlic sauce and a caesar salad." He told the lady, she trotted off to get their orders ready. " So you grew up around here." He asked looking around outside the window, Leeds was nice.

"I did." Leah answered, watching the woman walk away, her eyes narrowed at her retreating back. "We, meaning my mother and little sister moved when I was ten." She thought back on when they had moved. "What about you? Did you grow up around here?"

Mark nodded his head while Leah talked. " Nah, me and my five siblings lived most of our lives in Ireland, brought up by my father, Seamus Finnigan, so that's why I have this accent." He said, Mark was proud that Seamus was his dad, he couldn't have asked for a better one. " Recently, since we all grew up we've moved around a lot, but we know there's always room at my dad's place." He smiled.

"I was wondering what your accent was." Leah said. She had met a few Irish students at school, but none that had interested her. "I can't believe you have five siblings. One is enough for me."

Mark smiled. " I find it really fun and interesting, there's always something new happening, but that was when we all lived together." He replied. " There's somewhat of a big gap so sometimes we don't really get along." Mark said before the waitress dropped off their drinks.

Leah nodded. Although she really couldn't understand completely. Her sister and her had always gotten along great. Natalie worried Leah sometimes because of her lack of wanting to go to school, but now Leah couldn't exactly talk, having dropped out. "Sounds like a happy childhood, though."

Mark nodded. " It was a great childhood, anyone got what they wanted." He replied. " How about you and your sister, did you guys get along?" He asked, Mark didn't hear Leah's answer for that.

Leah was slightly jealous that his childhood had been so wonderful. Her childhood had not been quite as good. No father around, and just when their lives would become stable her mother would want to move, or she would meet a man and turn their world upside down. "We get along fine. I barely get to see her, though."

Mark nodded, he knew how she felt, he hadn't seen his sisters or brothers in the past few months. Since he was traveling the world it would be a bit difficult. Mark sighed. " I know how you feel, these past months I haven't seen my family either." He said. " Where do you live now?" He asked curiously.

"That sucks." Leah commented. She picked up her glass and took a sip before setting it down. Her attention was caught by the waitress bringing them their food. "Thanks." She said sharply, before picking up her fork and taking a bite of the potato. "I technically don't live anywhere. What about you? Are you still going to school?"

Mark nodded, he turned his head to see the waitress coming. " Thank-you." he said quickly. he picked up a wing and broke it in half, and ate it placing the other half back on the plate. " I graduated Durmstrang about three years ago." He smiled. " I live in Texas right now." He knew that would only be temporary.

Leah ate a little bit more of her food before continuing her chat with Mark. "Been out of school a long time, then. Must be nice. Do you miss it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back