Venting

"Ow...ow!" grunted Artemis, trapped like a stuck pig between his legs with the rest of her flailing about, trying to be released. Alex's hold was too great, for if she moved any which way her arm hurt all the more. She was well and truly stuck. "No...I'm...not!" she said fiercely, her eyes watering from strain. Alex was right, she didn't have a clue how to get herself out of this.

But there was one thing that Artemis had that Alex didn't. She was a girl, and she was flexible. Her next move was difficult even for her in such an awkward position on the ground. Like the snap of fish out of water she bent her entire body at the middle, pushing her chest out to kick him hard in the groin, the only part of his legs that she could reach. Art dug her heel into his crotch and managed to wrench herself free, but not without hearing a loud pop between her shoulder blades. Suddenly her upper arm and collar bone was on fire - she had dislocated her shoulder. Artemis collapsed opposite Alex with a suddenly useless left arm trailing sluggishly on the ground as she curled herself into a hunched stance. Now the tears were really falling. This hurt. Yet her stance was still ready for combat, and like a trapped animal would bite if approached when injured.

Alex curled up in a ball, clutching his groin, it hurt like all hell, the way she had kicked him and he was giving up, she had hit him below the belt and it done it job. " I don't think we can keep going now." He said his voice high pitched as he said it. He managed to get himself up and stagger over towards Art and he extended his hand out to her. " Good fight, you done well, next time no low blows." He reached out for her arm and grabbed it and pulled and popped it back into place with out warning knowing she would have tensed her arm up if she knew he was going to do it.

"Ow!" squeaked Artemis as her shoulder was popped back into place. "Well..." she looked at him, eyes still watering. "'Ye could have punched me in the boob." By the current state of her arm she may had preferred that in some ways, no matter how much it would have hurt. "But just remember that I am not beneath heartless tactics," she grinned weakly, getting to her feet. "If this was a real fight I would 'ave done it anyway. 'Ye alright there?" asked Artemis as she shook his hand, wanting to shrink back in intimidation as it dwarfed her own.

(( Sorry, lame. ))

" Yeah I suppose I'm alright, It just hurt a little bit, that last kick of yours." Alex said with a semi smile on his face, he was actually glad to say he got his ass handed to him by a girl and he wasn't going to complain about it, he would take it graciously and that would be the end of it, until he fought her again. He plopped himself down on the ground and looked up at her, well he hardly even had to his eyes come up to her chin.

Artemis reached out with a tiny hand and ruffled his hair. "I hope 'ye feel better after all this." She paused to rephrase the sentence. "About Maddiee I mean. It's probably stupid to say this, and most likely none of my business, but I do still think 'ye ought to tell her how 'ye feel. In the end, either she's going to be reminded that she likes 'ye too, or ye'll learn a thing or two about relationships." Art looked down at Alexander sadly. "Now cheer up and have a slice of cake at lunch. I'd like 'ta see a smile on yer face before I go, hm?"

In some ways, Art hadn't beaten him. She probably never could have if it was a real fight. In speed and cunning she had him, but in terms of size and experience he was the greater of them both. Eventually she would have lost out altogether. Either way, in giving him a distraction she had also cleared her own mind. It was a win-win.

" Yeah I know I have to talk to her where I see her next me and her need to sort this whole mess out, and get it all back to the way things where before this." Alex said as he stood up and he wiped the blood that now began to trickle down his nose away, with his hand, he didn't really care that he was, as long as he didn't to much and bleed out and die. He couldn't help but smile, Artemis genuinely wanted to see him happy, and stop being upset, it was good to know that at least some people where like that, Art was the first person he had talked to since all this stuff had gone on with Maddiie.

Now that the adrenaline coursing through her veins had finally begun to slow, Artemis was beginning to feel extremely sore and battered. Her chest hurt from being kicked several times, and her mouth was still bleeding where Alex had placed an admirable kick to her jaw. She moved slightly slower than usual over to Alex, and removed a baby blue handkerchief from her dress pocket. "Here," said Art kindly as she began to dab the blood away from his jaw. The handkerchief was just right in her hand, but to anyone else is was undersized. A few moments later she had finished removing the last of the stains and gave him a smile.

"Ye're a very honorable person, and I think it will work out for the best ... for the both of 'ye, I mean." said Artemis as she folded the handkerchief back up. "But I think I'd like to head up to the Hospital Wing now. I've had a rough week, and I think I need a Pepperup Potion." It seemed as though when she finally calmed down that Art was in fact quite more of a gentle person than she acted as though.

Alex smiled as she came over to dab the blood away that was coming from his mouth, he didn't care as long as he had burned off all the anger and frustration off, he was doing perfectly well. The blows that Artemis had landed on him, where not something you would expect from a girl of her size, they where almost im possible, but seeing as she was half goblin then that was explainable. " Yeah I will probably be up there in a few minutes, I think I will be needing one myself." He said as he stood up and clutched his Ribcage, it was in quite a lot of pain, but slowly it would begin to get better.

"Let's go there together, then." smiled Art as she helped him to his feet. With shock, she realised that he was still in pain. "Oh no, I haven't broken anything, have I?" she asked in alarm as she moved up to have a look at him. With carefully fingers and an apologetic look to Alex, she reached over and probed his ribcage lightly. "I'm sorry, but I do have to check. Father taught me how to check for breaks. Do stay still for a moment will 'ye?" she asked, being very polite and efficient. She paused as she felt a hairline splinter down the left hand side of his chest.

"Looks like ye'll need more than a pepperup, mate," Art told Alex with a frown. "Nothing broken but ye've got a crack. Madame Firn should fix that right up. I really am sorry!"

Alex stood completely still as Artemis ran her fingers along his ribcage, her hands where soft and felt really warm, and yet she was caring and she made sure she didn't press to hard, which was a good thing, he wouldn't have liked it much if she pushed to hard. " Yeah that's fine. I thought one was broken, or something like that." Alex said as he looked at her with a smile, he was glad someone was able to fight him and keep at a match to him, it was something he didn't get quite that often.

"Ahh good," said Artemis. She too was pleased at finding someone as strong as she was. It was strange ... every friend that she had was trained in either attack and/or self defense. She could spar with any of them any time that she wanted. It was good; it helped her to blow off some steam when her thoughts became too chaotic to handle and she flew off the rails. The only one who she wasn't sure had fighting ability was Jareth. This made her feel doubly protective of him.

As they began to walk up to the school together, Artemis bit down in shock as something fell out suddenly into her hand. As she looked down, she saw one of her teeth in her palm. "Oh!" exclaimed Art. "No wonder my mouth was bleeding!". She gave a giggle at this, blushing at Alex. "It's alright, this one's just a baby tooth."

Alex felt bad for knocking one of Artemis's teeth loose, it was a bad thing, but she said it was ok, seeing as it was her baby tooth, it was the first time he had ever laid hands on a girl and it didn't feel wrong seeing as it was sparing, and she was well trained as well as him. " Im sorry." He said as he followed her towards the enterance of the school.

"Don't fash yerself about it," smiled Artemis. She had never kept her teeth for the 'Tooth Fairy', but this was different. Pulling out her wand, she gave the bloody tooth a quick Scourgify and pocketed it. It seemed like a trophy that was a sign of a new friendship. Or at least, Art hoped it would be. Somehow she had come to care for Alexander and wished to be there to protect and console him. In all likelihood he probably felt dissimilar; after all, they had only just met. But even so, this new link was important to her. Art didn't make many friends.

They finally reached the great castle doors, and she turned to face Alex with a small smile. "Do take care of yerself," she told him, before moving in for a quick (and very brave on her part) hug. Most people didn't find a hug from her awkward because it was like hugging a small moving toy. Smiling, she took his hand in both of hers, then politely shook it.

"Same to you to." Alex said as he took the hug she gave him, she didn't come up that far on him only like a little bit higher then his belly button, it was funny how small she was, he was glad he had made a new friend, he would make sure that he cherished that friendship. She was a kind hearted person and she deserved to be respected and looked after. He looked down at his hand as she shook it, it took two of her hands to cover his one, and there was still a little bit of his hand left. " Ill see you around." He said leaning down to give hear a proper hug.

This time he leaned down, and Artemis just managed to give him a hug with her arms around his neck. He was so tall and strong, Artemis was in awe of him and so couldn't help but giggle like he was a celebrity as he gave her a proper hug. Alex could probably fold her up an a knapsack and carry her around quite easily if he wanted to. Even though she was often frightened to tall people, sometimes people like Alex came along who made her smile. He was such a nice person.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine!" chuckled Art, flexing her little biceps at him jokingly. She became serious and leaned up as far as she could to his ear. "Good luck." she whispered, before scampering off for lunch in the Great Hall. She hoped that they would meet again.

End Scene​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back