Venting

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex was out in the grounds of Hogwarts, with a punching bag located in front of him, it was odd to see one here seeing as they don't belong here it was his own from home, he had summoned it, he had found out about a kiss that Maddiie and Alex Cullen had shared and came down here to Vent all the things that where going on. He threw a flurry of punches and kicks, tears running down his face as he done so, but no one would be able to notice seeing as the sweat that was pouring out of his body. He really wanted to just find Alex and punch the hell out of him, but he knew he would get Expelled from the school if he done so, so he decided not to, seeing as what he promised his forster parents all them years ago. He threw one last elbow , which pierced the side of the bad, causeing all the sand to pour out of it, which kind of sucked because now he really just wanted to go kick his ass, but he wasn't going to.

Alex plopped down onto the ground, and laid out covering his face with his hands, he couldn't believe it, it was only a few days ago Maddiie had told him that she loved him and now he felt like he was betrayed, he felt like doing nothing other then killing himself, but he wasn't a selfish person, he didn't want to put his friends through that pain and suffering just because of the way he felt. " How could she do this." He muttered under his breath before he sat back up and tapped the bag and stand with his wand, sending it back to his farm.

"Ha!" cried Art, sending herself into a final roll before skidding artistically to her feet. She ended in a perfect stance, then bowed to an invisible warrior. The moment was tense with adrenaline, but she broke it by clicking her heels together and throwing up her hands. "Yay! I did it!". This particular succession of moves was the hardest she had concocted for herself yet. She was being taught all sorts of interesting things by Henric and Chase. One day she might just become strong enough to beat most anyone. Never with spell work though, oh no. Artemis was simply terrible at all that wand-waving and spark-shooting. But this way, no-one would ever underestimate the little part-goblin girl again.

There was a sudden crack to her right, and the sound seemed much closer to her long pointed ears. Across the plain lay a much older boy looking quite distraught. From the broken remains of a punching bag, she gathered that he had been letting loose a few to distract himself. After all, that what she did when she was down. He sent the bag away with a spell but continued to look worse for wear and Art, feeling both curious and charitable, skipped down the lawn to meet him.

"Scuse me, love." she introduced herself. "Ye're alright there, aren't 'ye?"

Alex was shocked when he heard what sounded like a little petite voice, ring in his head, he soon sat up and looked around to see a little girl, she looked very very small, he had never seen anyone this small. " Yeah I suppose I'm alright, just a lot of things happening lately." He said forcing a smile on his face. He soon stood up and extended his right hand out to the little girl. " I'm Alexander Fields, people around here call me Alex." He said introducing himself to the young girl. He had never realized this but when ever he stood up it was like he was in a fighting stance, which he had learned at Muay Thai during his earlier years before he had started at the school. His feet evenly spaced from each other, in a position it would have to take a extremely hard blow to knock him over, which was hard seeing as he had been fighting since he was five years old and it was hard for people three times his own size to knock him over.

"I'm Artemis. Ye're a seventh year, right?" she asked him in her cockney English accent. "I'm in Ravenclaw. What about you?". It looked like he did have a lot of things going on. Alex had been nailing the punching bag with his fists so fiercely as though he wanted to kill it; and he had ended up doing so. Art noticed the spilled sand, and realized that he had split the bag under his powerful blows. He must be a fine fighter! though Art in amazement. I'd like to fight him, she grinned to herself. "Say ... 'ye wouldn't want to spar, would 'ye?". Hopefully he'd take her request seriously. Artemis could more than hold her own with the tremendous goblin-blooded strength, and frankly Alex looked like he still needed to let off some steam.

"But do tell me what's wrong. It never hurts to share,"

(( Sorry ... lame! ))

" Yeah I'm a seventh year, what about yourself?" Alex asked as he listened to her ask what house he was in, everyone asked him that, no one had ever actually said your in Hufflepuff are you. " I'm a Hufflepuff." He stated, before his jaw almost hit the floor, when she asked him if he wanted to spar, it was a first he had ever spared a girl, or anyone this light. he had fought someone that young when he was that age, but he was up to any challenge, he knew he couldn't underestimate anyone, seeing as it was a stupid thing to do and people who think they can take someone and win, usually get there but whooped.

" Well, I'm dating Maddiie Hollawarth, I don't know if you would know her, you probably do though, well all because I kissed Lily Potter a fair bit before Maddiie and I got together she kissed Alex Cullen to get back at me." Alex said as he looked her up and down, he could tell she was part something that wasn't human, maybe she was dwarf of maybe goblin, which ever it was he would surely find out when they will spar. " Yeah sure I'm always up for a spar, I have never sparred a girl before so I mightn't go as hard as I usually do, until I'm definitely sure you can handle it." He said not sounding up himself, just making sure she knew he didn't want to hurt her.

"I'm a third year!" she answered in a jolly tone. Art hadn't picked him as a Hufflepuff, but the fact that he was immediately endeared him to her. A lot of Hufflepuff's she knew were among the sweetest, strongest people in the world.

Actually, Artemis had heard of Maddiie Hollaworth. Not that she could place why she had, but just the same her name was familiar to her. It sounded rather vindictive to hurt someone you liked just because of a past mistake. "Girls are stupid," Art said out loud, before turning bright red and clapping her hands over her mouth. Nice one Art, she told herself furiously. Now he'll think you're secretly a bloke or something. "Well if you care about each other, it won't matter in the end anyway. Have a good snog at the Yule Ball and you'll remember why people are supposed to be faithful to each other." It only made sense to Artemis to do this. The poor guy was being messed around with, so it was only right that he showed her that he'd forgive her despite the rude mistake. Then she'd remember why she ought to be faithful to such an honest guy, and it'd be all right again.

"But whatever 'ye do, don't hold back whilst fighting me." she warned him. If anything, if she wasn't careful she'd break a bone of his or suchlike. 'Well, ladies first aye?" she said before launching an easy kick to his stomach. Expecting that he'd block it, he little fist came cannoning out to follow, her little blue dress fanning out around her.

Alex smiled, he was about to spar a third year, it was odd, but he didn't care if she was up for it then he would do it, it wasn't going to be something he would regret, even if he did get his ass handed to him, he would easily take it graciously and accept defeat like many people didn't do in this day and age. He stood back and raised his hands into fighting position and got ready for the fight he was about to be in, with Artemis. He liked how she recommended just getting over it an taking Maddiie to the yule ball, which he was planning on doing if they where talking by then.

" Yeah I might do that." Alex said as he smiled at the thought of not holding back, he just hoped her skills where good enough for her to be able to handle what he was about to do to her. He saw her kick coming from a mile away and he raised his knee up to block with his hardened shin, it didn't hurt when it connected seeing as his bones had calcified over the years of copping all the beatings he had, but he allowed her punch to hit him, which he did't really mind about he wanted to know what he was in for, the petite girl struck him with a force he had only felt once before which was from his trainer, who he had beaten only once. As the punch connected he placed his left hand on her elbow and his right on her shoulder and then drove his knee into her chest, not as hard as he could knowing the damage he could do by doing this. Then he pushed her back a little bit and regained his stance.

Without warning his knee came into her chest. Despite being immensely strong, Artemis was frail skin and bone being so small, and so she could not afford to be pummeled about too much. She literally flew up when it connected, and though winded she used her flight to lock arms arms about his neck into a headlock. Alex had taken a step back and she went with him, shimmying around his body to attach herself to his back now. She looked like a package or a backpack the way she was clinging to his shoulders.

"Gotcha!" she giggled.

With a foot planted into the small of his back she gave him a kick, flattening them both as they hit the ground together. Promptly she sat herself onto his fallen form, pinning him with both hands and legs. "Round one, Artemis! Unless ye've got more?" she winked at the back of his head. Certainly she expected Alex to come back from this.

Alex smiled at her when she had gotten him on the ground, Muay Thai was more about attack and not about defense and it never though you ground attacks, but he had learned some things from a muggle movie he had seen a long time ago. He locked there legs and bridged her body flipping over onto her, and spinning after his knee was on her chest, he then jumped back off her and waited for her to get up off the ground. " Round one don't end till you can't get up at all." He said with a smile. He couldn't wait to see what she was going to try next, he didn't think she would be able to handle another knee or any form of strike to the chest at this point in time, so he would do his best not to, but if the opportunity came up he would.

"Oh aye, but I wouldn't do that to 'ye," she joked to him as she sprung to her feet. Creative fighting was her favourite style; she liked to come up with strange ways to incapacitate or immobilise her attacker. It was all she had to go on anyway, considering she had never taken a proper lesson in any kind of fighting style in her entire life. Artemis just thought of something clever and built up the skills to pull it off in a normal fight. But generally if ever she was pushed around, a single punch to the jaw would have her opponent down for the count. She lived for sessions like this with an equal who could test her limits.

"This is my favourite!" she announced before going into a dive. This time she hit the grass instantly, sliding through the dew and through Alex's legs on her back. "It only works on grass!" she called as she slid all the way out to the other side in seconds. Giving a sharp kick to the back of his knees, Alex fell forward. Artemis gave him a kick to the back again for good measure, just in case he did not fall instead. With that she sprung onto his fallen form, light a feather, and flipped off again to face him from the opposite direction. "Un guarde!" said Art as she put her fists up, parting her legs in a wide stance for his retaliation.

As Alex rubbed the back of his left knee, he pushed his entire body weight up with the rest of his hand, his left hand supporting his left making it easier to do. " You know that was very clever move." He said as he reached his feet, and he returned to his stance, his feet not to far apart seeing as a single blow to the chest could send you onto you bottom. He stepped in a little closer, keeping all the weight on his back foot spinning right around and striking Artemis in the chest with his right heel." You honestly should keep a better center of gravity." He said with a smile, as a little bit of blood had been coming out of his mouth.

"Oof," said Art as his kick knocked her back. This was far from over, though. In the moment she was kicked, she gripped his foot with both hands and pulled, sending them both tumbling in a heap together. "It wouldn't matter anyway!" she gasped as they tussled. Art slammed her fist into his cheek calmly but was too small to fight her way free in her current situation. "I'm too light. I get knocked off my- ow!- feet anyway..."

With some difficulty she managed to get her legs locked around Alex's head in a sort of reverse headlock. Art managed to pull herself forward with her legs still wrapped around him and grabbed his own legs to that they were facing opposite directions. Swiftly she took the opportunity to bite him on the ankle.

Alex couldn't help but smile and cringe at the same time, when she bit his ankle, it was clearly a sign of desperation, which at this time, was complete stupidity. He was taught never to show that he was getting tired or about to be defeated, he was to always hold his head high and just keep going. " Having fun there?" Alex asked as he threw a couple of hooks into the area just below the ribcage and just above the pelvis, it hurt just poking there with force, so imaging a punch. He managed to get to his feet and as soon as he did he jumped out landing on his stomach squashing Artemis.

Alex probably thought her very silly for biting, but Art didn't mind. Whenever she was in a position to bite, she did. In her opinion, if you had a weapon you used it. "Yes!" she replied to his question with a hearty giggle before she was almost bowled over by two very pulled punches. They still hurt like the devil, but in angered her even so. "Come on, pick it up!" cried Artemis, annoyed that he was holding back; but this was just before Alex fair flattened her. This time the wind really was knocked out of her. Alex must have been triple her size, but it was a bad move on his part. One would think that the tiny girl was immobile under the crushing weight, but she was in the perfect position to ...

"Sorry," she gasped, her voice muffled into his chest. With no little amount of difficult she fought her hands free, and managed to push his upper half off of her. So she swung her knee up directly into his stomach. It was a distractory move, for out of nowhere her fist slammed into the side of his head with as much force as she could muster.

Alex expected her to knee him in the stomach as soon as she pushed his upper body up, so he tensed his stomach knowing it would take away most of the pain from the blow,and it would also tighten up his ab muscles a little bit more which would be great. " Not bad, not bad." He said as he got a few good punches to the face and his nose began to bleed a little bit. " So you want me to go as hard as i can?" He asked as he jumped back up and landed on his feet waiting for her to get to her feet so they could start again.

"Aye," said Artemis, cracking her knuckles with both fists. "Just don't try and snap a bone, it takes me a long time to heal." Truth to be told, the little girl was getting quite tired. Generally she had energy enough for three people, but she'd been sparring all week with both Chase, Henric and Carlisle. Chase's sparring was extremely fast and energy consuming, Henric's was mentally exhausting, and Carlisle had been teaching her to use a sword; you could tell that that had gone well. She'd swung the sword so hard that it thundered into a tree and felled it in one blow. Through the worst luck imaginable it had fallen and crushed her ankle. Then, only a few days later, she'd fallen out of the tree that she and Chase were having a great battle in and cracked the very same ankle.

Alex was by far the strongest she had fought with, so it was no wonder she was falling back already. Instead of being perturbed however, Art only strengthened her resolve to have a bit more fun. Her strength was failing - so now it was time to get clever.

"Have at thee," grinned Artemis to Alexander.

Alex stepped closer towards her, knowing that she would have something sneaky up her sleeve and she would attack him at any given moment. She was quick and strong for someone of her height and stature, which was good, it was very mis leading, not many people would picture her as the type of girl who would fight well. " So what are you waiting for?" He said as he swung a roundhouse kick to a flying elbow at her, it was a move he had learned a very long time ago and could do it very quickly, the thing was was he quick enough to beat her.

It seems that she was. The second Artemis saw the muscles flex in Alex's leg, she clasped her hands and elbows together hard. Fast as a striking snake she blocked his kick with both forearms together; Art was not able to block it with just one anymore. Even so, she was knocked back slightly and recovered barely a second later to see his elbow jab out to meet her. She loosed one breath and parted her arms, hearing the smack of skin against skin as she gripped his arm.

With that she swung him over her shoulder and onto the ground. It seemed that they were both finding themselves on their backs in this rally, for as soon as one would fall they would rise and counter. Artemis dipped into a backwards roll with as much speed as she could muster so that by the time Alex was able to rise she was well out of his way. There she stood poised, panting with one arm raised to her chin and the other at her stomach.

Alex managed to flick himself up onto his feet like the did in the kung fu movies that whereon muggle television, he put his guard up both hands guarding his face, his body turned slightly. He noted that she was in a karate stance and that she would try use that against him, it would be hard, but he could manage it. " I do have to admit your pretty good for a girl." He said teasingly, knowing she would probably start to get angry and that would be her downfall. The worst thing to do to someone when you are fighting is to get angry and try to attack, because you lose your senses and you don't react as quick as you do when your calm. Alex turned his hand so the back of it was facing Artemis and he extended all his fingers and drew them back a few times taunting her.

"Oh ho ho!" said Artemis with a giggle. "I'm bloody good 'fer a girl' ... and far too good for 'ye to stand!" she countered, always up for a bit of fun. Instead of being offended at his insinuative hand signals, Art burst in raucous laughter that lit up her face like the sunshine. It wasn't that Artemis couldn't get angry ... she certainly could. It was just a question of what would make her snap. Alex was out to find it apparently, and she wasn't letting on.

Either way, she was comfortable with them trading rude insults and gestures. The only danger she was in was from laughing too hard. Henric had been spending some time teaching her how to find an inner calm even when she was angry. Perhaps now was a time to test her mental strength. So far, Alex didn't know that the things that really got her angry was being overwhelmed by the sheer size of another person, picked up like a little girl or called the 'S' word. That word. Short.

Weaving her way past his reach, Artemis darted in close and shot out a cutting jab to the soft part of his stomach with her hand.

The hit that she delivered to Alex's stomach bent him over and in the momentum that he was curling he flipped over and kicked her in the chest, just underneath her breasts' he knew how much it would hurt a girl kicking them there so he knew he wouldn't be in her good books if he done that. Landing on his back he quickly flipped up onto his feet and spun around for a spinning heel kick landing it perfectly on her jaw, it was something he had learned how to do very well and could do it with absolute ease, when he tried to. " So shorty are you going to keep it up, or you going to give up soon?" He taunted.

"D@mmit," gasped Artemis as her arms curled in to cradle her chest. She didn't have time to dodge as his foot smashed into her jaw. At the edge of her suddenly blurred vision she saw him just dancing out of the way of a next attack. 'So shorty are you going to...'. Her vision went red. Suddenly she was moving through the air almost blind, foot headed for one place. Half a second later the heel of her tiny flat toed shoes slammed into his mouth at such strength that it snapped his head back in a whiplash effect.

Artemis was far too short to deliver a kick at such a height, so she must have taken a running leap at him in her fury. She dropped to the ground, arms splayed as she centered her body properly for the first time since their sparring lesson. Yes, she was angry ... but it was a productive anger. He would not get away with that last jab. Her cheek was bleeding where it had smashed against her teeth in Alex's kick. From the corner of her mouth ran a line of blood that fell onto her collar.

"Wanna try that again, mate?" she grinned, teeth stained red on one side of her mouth. Don't lose your cool, don't lose your cool, don't lose your cool...

Alex smiled knowing he had finally found out what made her tick and he laughed knowing she would attack him again, once he got up off the ground. Alex had done a complete back flip from her knee to his jaw, it had broken his jaw and the pain of it hurt like nothing else had in his life. He stood up and smiled a bloody grin. " Nice kick." He managed to say with much difficulty, it would have sounded like. ' niceth kickth.' He couldn't help but smile. He drew his wand and tapped his jaw, healing it instantly. He moved his jaw cracking it slightly. " You want to keep going?" He asked puffed out from the fight they had, it was good and he knew he could keep going until he was either knocked out, or she gave up.

"Of course!" exclaimed Artemis. "What, are 'ye too tired already?" she teased with her eyes sparkling in jest. Suddenly she realised what she had done to him as he slurred his words. Oh, bugger! thought Art as she approached him in worry. "I didn't mean to kick 'ye that hard!". Artemis was particularly sympathetic as her own jaw was aching like the devil. That, and she wasn't old enough to know how to do a healing spell, so she suffered through most of her injuries with good humour without going to the Hospital Wing. Unless it was terribly dire, most things healed on their own in time. At least that was what her father said, who was a Healer himself.
Whatever the case, she wouldn't allow herself to be healed as well (and just as well Alex didn't offer) for she would just politely decline. Injury made her feel more invigorated somehow.

Art reached up to probe his jaw lightly with her fingertips. "Sweet. That was an even crack, wasn't it?". Without warning she jabbed her fingers into his throat with her other arm bouncing into the side of his head, having gotten close enough to execute the moves.

Alex grunted as he fell back grabbing hold of her arm and trwoing her onto the ground with him, putting her arm in between her legs and pulling on it as hard as he could, he knew she would have to give up soon, not many people could deal with having there arm pulled like this for long, he just hoped she didn't know the reversal for it. " Are you going to tap out?" He taunted knowing perfectly well she wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back