Valentine Household

Justin Valentine

OOC First Name
Adrian
Justin hadn't seen his family for a while, since he was working at Hogwarts NZ for a while. He was taking a vacation for a few days, while the other librarian would handle everything. He didn't see anyone around, maybe they were all away. He took a quick look around, and didn't see anyone downstairs. He didn't look upstairs, Ciel or somebody may be sleeping. He took a cookie from a box that had been left open on the table. Somebody was home, Justin figured, because obviously there wouldn't be an open cookie container on the table without someone opening it. He took a few bites until only crumbs were left in his hand.

It had been a long night for the eldest Valentine. He had gotten the second job just liked he knew he would have to, and was currently being worked to the bone. And even at that, he knew that he was barely keeping his family afloat. As much as it annoyed him this, increased work amount he knew that it would be pointless in the long run, since all the money he gained went to buying new clothes for Jamie and Tyler, and keeping the house. And now houses. It had been a fairly difficult decision for Zander Valentine to get a house in New Zealand. But he felt it was fairly necessary. Since Justin had decided to get a job at Hogwarts New Zealand, Zander had pulled some extra money he had set aside for himself, and with the addition from the money Mara made, and now Justins, and bought a small apartment of two floors in the lovely country of New Zealand. Since there was a little holiday going on in the schools within england he had managed to get them to this new house in Side along appriation. But, the whole family had been fairly tired, and Zander had apparated back to England to do his second job. This second job was nothing major. He worked in a fairly busy restaurant from early in the afternoon until well into the night. However, he had managed to get himself a few days off work, to spend time with his family. His magical job he could still do from afar, because a break for Zander was much different than for the others in his family. Zander knew that they didn't realise how much work he did for his family. And he was pretty much exchausted from the amount of work he had to do. But It was all in the name of family, and Zander's family meant everything to him. He was the eldest, and since his parents untimely death he had to be the one to protect them, and make sure they still had all the opportunities that life could give them. Even if it meant that Zander was the one who didn't get his way. His dreams did not matter to him as much as the dreams of Tyler, or Jamie. They were younger and they were going to go places with their lives. Mara was just the example of that. She was in her last year of university, and Zander knew that she already had employment lined up. And a flat in London with some friends. It didn't bother Zander that she was about to do this. It was actually a good thing. He would not need to support her as much. She would be able to pay for things herself. However the Valentine door was always open to the family.

Apparating directly into the house, the eldest Valentine wanted to do nothing more than collapse onto a couch and sleep for a hundred years, but since it was morning in New Zealand, since he'd managed to get out of work earlier than normal it meant he could not since, the house would be slowly getting up and Zander had to be the parent, rather than the tired twenty three year old barely keeping it together and holding down two jobs. He ran a hand through his hair as he stood in the centre of the lliving room on the bottom floor. he took a deep breath and then his mind just spoke one word to him Coffee. And with that thought the eldest Valentine walked from the living room and into the kitchen. Where he was surprised to find one of the two sets of twins. "Justin" Zander exclaimed happily. He walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder as a greet before moving over to the coffee maker and making some coffee. "How had you been? We haven't seen each other in a while?" Zander asked while waiting for the coffee. He then took in Justin, his appearance. "You better be eating well, and taking care of yourself. Have you had the time to reconsider going to university? It wouldn't hurt." Zander knew it probably wouldn't change anything. but Zander still had to try. He took a mug from a cupboard and poured himself a cup. Zander was a fairly thin guy, he managed to eat fairly well, but since he worked a lot it did take it's toll on him. He had to thank god for coffee and it's powers. "Met anyone?"
<i>
</i>

Justin heard soft footsteps entering the small kitchen, and saw that his older brother Zander had entered the room. "Zander!", Justin exclaimed and walked over to his brother of which he hadn't seen in weeks. "Long time no see! I've been good, sorry I didn't write to you, I was so busy. I finally fit a little vacation in", he told his brother. "I've been thinking about going to university a lot, but I really like being a librarian. But, I might next year though.", he told his brother, since he knew that the elder Valentine would like him to try it. Justin wanted to go with Kailey, but she was really sick and in the hospital. She wouldn't be out for a long time, either. Maybe while he was on his vacation, he could go visit her. "Nope, didn't meet anyone.", Justin told his brother, as he had been looking for someone at HNZ.

Taking a small sip of the coffee he'd just made, the eldest Valentine felt the warmth take over his tired body. He was pretty exhausted, but this was the start of the new day, and he was pretty hopeful that the coffee would be able to wake him up, and if not, all he would do would be to drink another cup of coffee. He knew that too much coffee was also bad for a person but in reality he didn't exactly care. If the coffee kept him awake until at least after he'd finished dinner that would be enough for him. He did not need it for anything else. Zander had always wondered what it would be like if he'd done something similar to Justin. Work in a school. At least he was sure that the hours would be a lot more friendly. And at least the problems outwith the school would go away since they were out of sight. Out of sight out of mind. There would always be time to eat, and plenty of time to rest. Lots of stuff to read, and there would be time to make more friends, or to just enjoy oneself in a small trip to the centre of the neighboring village. But, Zander was the eldest Valentine, and his school days had finished before he'd even graduated. And now, while he had a job at the British ministry of magic, it was not as high in rank as it could be, and he still had a second job on the side, which reflected his lack of qualifications. Zander had done fairly well in the NEWTs. but he had learned things from home, while also looking after the two young ones, the youngest one barely a year old, and then the ones who'd not yet gone to school. It had made revision and actual learning difficult. After all there had been weeks when he'd not even managed to get a proper nights sleep from the noise within the house. Not to mention everyone was still dealing with what had happened to the family. And now, it seemed to be repeating itself. With Kailey in the hospital, he was worried on top of everything else. He needed her to pull through. If she didn't, he had no idea what he would do. If he could keep going. After all, he would know that he had failed his parents in his duty as the eldest. And Justin. Zander's pale green eyes met the boy in front of him. He didn't want to think about the pain it would cost him if they were to lose Kailey.

"I'm glad you enjoy it. And if you want to, or don't want to go to university, it's okay. I'll support you either way. You know that right?" Zander said, his tone brotherly and warm. he could feel the coffee taking effect. Making him feel more awake that he had been. "How is it? Any books you can recommend me?" Zander asked. Although he had very little time to actually sit down with a book, he still enjoyed them, so he didn't want to lose reading completely. He just knew that he would have to manage his time better to be able to read something. "No hot professors? I on the other hand, have met someone. It's nothing too major yet, we've been on a date, but I really do like her. She's a muggle, I'm pretty sure of that." Zander continued. It was true he'd met someone, and while he was still unsure how he really felt about her, he couldn't deny that he wasn't interested in having something with her. She'd been like a small breath of fresh air. "I don't expect you to write to me anyway, but try to find the time to write to Tyler and Jamie, they miss you a lot."
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back