OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
It had been a couple of days since Valencia had arrived at Hogwarts. Everything had still confused her and she still believed that magic wasn't very much real, even though she had been at Hogwarts for just a couple of days. She had many, many questions about the place so far. Why do the portraits talk? How do the stairs move from one place to another? What's this sports thing everyone talks about? Valencia was just even more and more confused with everything else she learns along the way of her stay here. She had decided to go outside today and take in the air outside, as the castle had felt like it was too dark in there. Valencia had yet her usual book in hand and looked around for a place to sit in the courtyard. There were a few students wandering around the courtyard already. Valencia had noticed that there was a nice tree and there was a nice, flat, sturdy branch on the tree. She had decided to take the opportunity to try and climb the tree, where she could take in the shade and read her book.

Hogwarts was somehow even bigger than Maggi had imagined it. She felt like she had been lost more than she had been found since arriving at this school. Somehow, however, in amongst all the miscellaneous mystery rooms she had located all over the castle, so far Maggi had had her fears confirmed that this entire enormous building didn't seem to have even the dingiest and smallest of theatres. What a waste. Her most recent discovery was a courtyard, which.... was almost a kind of outdoor theatre, if you.... squinted your brain. Maggi sighed, leaning against a tree as she looked around. Hogwarts just... wasn't what she had hoped it would be. Looking up at the tree above, she yelped as she realised she wasn't alone, there was an unfamiliar girl with a book perched on a branch over her head. "Sorry!" Maggi yelped, jumping to the side quickly. "I didn't see you there!"

Valencia jumped a little from where she was perched up in the tree, as there was a voice that could be heard below her. She looked down to see who it was, but she couldn't recognise the girl. "Oh no, you didn't do anything. No need to say sorry" Valencia says with a small smile, as she looked down at the girl for a few seconds, before continuing to climb up the tree. Once Valencia found a stable branch, she decided to sit on it, her legs slightly dangling from where she was sitting. "Are you a first-year too?"

Maggi had never had much time for the outdoors, far too busy in studios and rehearsal halls most of her childhood, so she watched with a bit of awe as the other girl clambered up the tree. Maggi was fairly sure that as graceful as she was, if she had attempted that it would have been nothing short of disaster. She nodded when the other girl asked if she was a first year, smiling brightly. "Yeah! I'm Maggi, what's your name?" She asked curiously, excited at the chance to get to know another classmate. Everyone at Hogwarts seemed so nice so far, and she relished the opportunity to make another friend.

Valencia smiles as the girl below had introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you, Maggi. I'm Valencia. But you can call me Lenny if that's better for you" Valencia says with a smile to the girl. Valencia had looked around for a little bit before she looked down at Maggi again. "How do you like Hogwarts so far?" Valencia says with a small smile. When arriving at Hogwarts, the school hadn't looked as fancy as she had hoped, only looking like a very ancient church to her. She was expecting to see "magical" things at the school. But nothing had really surprised her, only seeing moving painting and stairs. "Do you want to join me up here or are you okay down there?" Valencia says with a small smile to Maggi.

Maggi smiled as the girl up above introduced herself. "Lenny, that's so cute!" She said cheerfully, filing it away in her memory. One thing Maggi prided herself on was being good at remembering people's names, and she certainly wouldn't forget someone she met in such an unusual way. "It's pretty cool!" She said in response to Lenny's next question. "I wish there was a theatre or something though, I can't believe there's just nowhere to perform!" She hesitated when Lenny asked if she wanted to join her in the tree, looking around. "I'll try! I've never climbed a tree before." She looked over the tree warily before grabbing a low branch, trying her best to scramble up onto it.

Valencia giggled when Maggi mentioned about her name. She didn't mind Maggi, as she had seemed nice. Valencia's face turned into slight confusion, why would she want a theatre for? "Do you perform or someting?" Lenny asks Maggi, with slight confusion and curiosity. If she did like performing, then this was interesting to Valencia, as she had never had met or seen someone who likes to perform. She watches as he girl tries to climb the tree that Valencia was sitting on. "Would you like some help? I can come down instead if you're having some trouble"

Maggi giggled softly when Lenny asked if she performed. That was the strangest part of... starting her life over, essentially, here at Hogwarts. Nobody knew her. Except Chip, of course. "Yeah!" Maggi beamed, striking a pose. "I dance and sing and act, I'm gonna be super famous one day." She said with the same self-assurance that had carried her through countless auditions and competitions. Climbing trees turned out to be far harder than Maggi had expected, and she only managed to scramble halfway up the trunk to her target branch before sliding back down to the ground with a soft thump. "No! I can do it!" She said quickly and jumped up, resuming her attempt to clamber up onto the branch.

Valencia laughed a little and clapped when the girl striked a pose. She thought that it was cool to meet someone who loved to perform. "That's so cool! Maybe you can do a dance number in the middle of the courtyard one day." Valencia says with a smile as she does little jazz hands. "Or maybe one day you could show off and teach me any cool moves you have" Valencia says as she tries to do a rubbish version of the robot dance. Valencia was always amazed when people put a lot of dedication into something they loved. "But they should defiantly put a theatre of some kind for performers. I heard that there's an art room or something. But I don't think it would be big enough" Valencia says with a shrug. She watched as Maggi was still having trouble with getting up the tree. She had felt slightly bad that she had asked the girl if she wanted to climb up. "Are you sure you're okay there?"

Maggi's eyes widened when Valencia suggested a dance in the courtyard, and she brightened more at the thought of teaching the other girl some moves. "Totally! I'll teach you anything you like!" She said, voice a little strained as she finally managed to scramble her torso onto one of the lower branches, hanging with her arms on one side and her legs on the other and wondering what she was supposed to do from here. She sighed when Valencia brought up the art room, nodding. "Yeah, it - oof - it's... okay for rehearsals, but there's so much other stuff there it's not a ton of use." She explained, voice strained as she wiggled her legs in midair, trying to push herself a bit further over the branch. She laughed at Valencia's question, flopping back down over the branch and giving an upside down shrug. "I'm getting there!"

Valencia claps as Maggi agrees that she could one day teach Valencia a dance move. "Yay! Sounds fun! Exciting!" Valencia says with a smile and a nod. Valencia wasn't really a creative person, so she thought that this would be a cool thing to do. She watches Maggi carefully as she climbs up the tree, trying to make sure nothing happens to her. She nods when the girl had explained about the art room provided. "Maybe you could ask the professor's or the headmistress to use the Great Hall, to perform stuff or something?"

Maggi beamed at Valencia's enthusiasm, excited at the prospect of teaching the other girl some dance moves. It would be totally cute to get her classmates into dancing, and maybe this way she wouldn't feel the disruption to her routine so acutely. She put a foot on the tree trunk, and finally managed to wiggle her way up to sit on a branch, brushing the bark and dirt off the front of her shirt. "Phew! That's totally a great idea though!" She added, eyes wide at the thought. "A student talent show or something would be awesome, there's got to be tons of people here who perform!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back