Unexpected Meeting

Kalif answered shortly, "I won't explain my reasoning with you, Chavdar." Kalif stared at him. "Nor will you expect me to." He glanced up at the sky. It was almost completely dark now, and he would have to get back to the castle soon. He had lessons to plan. "I don't mean to end it short, but I am afraid I must go within a matter of minutes."

Chavdar snickered, "Oh, well I respect that." Drat, I thought I had him. This makes me want to crack that shell even more now. Chavdar cocked his head to the side, half smiling, "Aw, why? Do you have a curfew of some sort? Or a planned meeting perhaps?"

Kalif narrowed his eyes. Did the arrogant man really respect his wishes? Kalif finally let out a tiny smiled, "Curfew? That's humorous. No, actually, I have many things to do, and less time to perform them in." Kalif then smirked at Chavdar. "I know what you are trying to do. No one has ever gotten through my barrier. And you will fail if you try."

Chavdar laughed, "You are smarter than I gave you credit for. Well then, Kalif, if you must be off, then so will I." Chavdar waved at Kalif. "I'll be seeing you around, big brother." Chavdar's eyes flashed from Kalif's arm to his face before apparating out of Bleak Street.

Kalif murmured, "I would hope not." He turned to leave Bleak Street, and then glanced behind him. Seeing that Chavdar was completely gone, Kalif walked out of the street and back toward the school. He wondered who else in the family would decide to show their faces around him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back