Unexpected Meeting

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Chavdar walked down Bleak Street, once again. He had found this place rather interesting, despite of him working in the Ministry. Chavdar then realized that this area was a bit brighter than where he had conversed with Vasilka. He couldn't see much then, and he couldn't seem much now. It was day then, and it was almost night now. He dodged the haggard people and kept walking. He didn't bother looking in the shops. Nothing here interested him in the least bit. At least, he acted as though it didn't. He was a Zhefarovich, which meant that he could be tempted back to the Dark side. He heard some footsteps behind him. Without hesitation, he pulled out his wand and turned around.

Kalif had walked down Bleak Street, for the first time. He felt as though something lured him down this way. It wasn't long ago he had lost his temper in Hog's Head, and most likely either confused or terrified the Drage girl. Nonetheless, he continued on. His black robes swished around him. His long sleeved shirt underneath hid the Dark Mark well. Kalif's dark eyes narrowed at a man, much younger than himself, stop walking. Maybe this was the person he was lured by. The man looked neater than the people here. Kalif then felt tense when the man turned around and pointed the wand at him. Kalif stared into the man's familiar eyes. Kalif pulled out his own wand and pointed it at him. He saw that they were both left handed as well. Kalif hissed, "It is dangerous to point a wand at me, boy."

Chavdar stared into the eyes of someone very familiar. Chavdar smirked and saw that the man pulled a wand out on him as well. He then knew who this man was. Chavdar murmured, "Kalif?" Chavdar kept in his laughter. Man, he was aged a lot since I last saw him years ago., Chavdar thought. He lowered his wand and put it into his jacket. Chavdar kept a half-smile on his face. He wasn't searching directly for this man, but someone higher. And the hunter is being hunted. "Did you follow me down this way?" Chavdar raised his eyebrow.

Kalif's gaze went from cold to confusion. How did this man know his name? Kalif inquired, "Who are you? Have we fought in the past?" Kalif then saw that this man looked much like his father, Asparuh. He couldn't figure it out. This wasn't Prodan. Prodan was missing. And Prodan's life was very secretive. Not even he could have had a son this old. And neither would Iulia. Kalif saw that the man put his wand away. Kalif did the same, and folded his arms. He answered curtly, "No. Something drew me to this place. You don't look suspicious enough to be followed by the likes of me." Kalif noticed the ice in the man's voice. He also noticed that the man looked amused to see him. This confused Kalif even more.

Chavdar answered him in a casual voice, "We have never fought. In fact, I believe the last time you ever saw me was after 2005, and I bet you remember what happened then. Last time you saw me was when you and Father spoke about something important, and you shouted at my mother for interrupting. That was before she was killed though. Surely you remember the young boy, don't you?" Chavdar smiled at him. He wondered whether Kalif's memory was foggy. Chavdar folded his arms and said in a cool manner, "A Zhefarovich always looks suspicious of something."

Kalif's eyes flashed. He was talking about when he was released from Azkaban. He then knew who this man was. Although, the name was hazy to him. Kalif was twenty-two years older than him. He said, "You were that little boy, who clung to that woman...Liyla Mirayinov. So, we are half-brothers, isn't that right, Chavdar?" The name came to him as he remembered that woman. He didn't like Liyla one bit. Kalif nodded. He then asked, "What brings you here, from wherever Father sent you?"

Chavdar smirked as Kalif remembered. "That's right, Kalif. We are. Incredible, isn't it? Meeting me after that many years. I have already spoken with Vasilka, and a few more people around here. One seemed to know you somehow. At least, heard of you before you disowned the name 'Zhefarovich' and switched it to 'Styx'." Chavdar slightly cocked his head to the side, thoroughly enjoying himself. Then, the smirk was washed off his face as Kalif asked the question. He answered darkly, "I'm on a search. I got a job in the Ministry, have a house, and I am searching for Father. Surely, you know he is alive, right?"

Kalif nodded, "I changed it to protect my family." He didn't really like Chavdar's attitude, but nonetheless, the attitude from his side of the family. He listened to Chavdar's answer, and stared at him, full of questions. How did he land a job in the Ministry? Does he still know about Kalif being a Death Eater? Kalif knew that he would have to be on guard, even around his brother. He might not be able to scare him into secrecy, for he had too much of Asparuh running in him. Kalif give a soft answer, "I had a theory. It took me a while to match his handwriting on the letter that falsely contained my daughter's location. As long as she is there, with him, I am fine with it. I am also positive Prodan is wherever Father lives. Just, not as certain."

Chavdar laughed coldly, "Someone like you, protecting his family. Well, I guess even people like you have a heart." He laughed at the thought. He found it quite amusing. He wondered if he could make Kalif do his bidding, but blackmailing a Zhefarovich was either suicidal or plain stupid. Even he knew this. He smirked at his half-brother's answer. "I wonder if your wife knows. I doubt it, don't you? Well, I am on a hunt, searching for him. If you see him around, why don't you tell me? I mean, even Vasilka knew of Alessine and Prodan, and him being here, in New Zealand."

Kalif narrowed his eyes at Chavdar, "Of course, I care for my family. Even if sometimes I don't act like it." Kalif stared at Chavdar, curious to what he was thinking. He would know better though, Kalif thought. This Zhefarovich was a bit different than the others he had met in the past. This one was a bit, off. He wasn't acting like a normal member of the cold, dark family. Then, Kalif realized it. He works in the Ministry. He is putting on a mask, trying to be good. Even his mother was a Death Eater. There should be no reason why this one hasn't converted. Kalif smirked. At least Jaken had an excuse. Namina. "I haven't informed her of it just yet. I wanted to confirm it first. Father and Namina never got along too well. And he is...here? Why is he here..." The last part was more like a demand than a question.

Chavdar muttered under his breath, "Never act like it..." He knew of how Kalif treated his family once he went into his anger fits. Chavdar smirked, "She probably already knows if he stopped by your manor. How many Styx's out there reside in this country? Not many, I assure you. It was almost too easy finding you. I, even though I hate to say it, don't know why he is here. Although, I am closing in on him."

Kalif narrowed his eyes as Chavdar muttered something he couldn't hear. Something told him that he wouldn't like it either. Kalif shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me whether my last name is common. I couldn't imagine why people would want to find us. We aren't wanted... At least, not anymore. My crimes were paid for while I was in Azkaban, and the most recent ones are hidden. Almost untraceable. And what, if I may ask, would you do once you found Father?"

Chavdar thought for a moment before answering, "Demand him answers to why he sent me to an orphanage, prove him to be a Death Eater, take him to Azkaban, and watch him receive the Kiss." Chavdar flashed an innocent smile to his older brother. "That's all."

Kalif felt shocked to hear this. Asparuh was a great man! Even in Bulgaria, and among the fellow Death Eaters. He was almost a legend in his day. Kalif narrowed his eyes and repeated, "Oh, is that all? Well, in basic words, you want him dead. Even if you would have to do the job yourself." Kalif smirked. "Would you kill your own father?"

Chavdar gave a few moments thought to his last question. "Yes. He made my life miserable. He murdered my own mother in front of me, and let Tsvetanka receive the Kiss while he was too busy faking his death! He deserves it. It is about time for him to meet the Maker anyhow."

Kalif shook his head. "I am so sick of people always saying their lives were hellish. It is pathetic. They should be happy that they are even alive for that matter. It is sad, pitiful, and just overall, pathetic. I practically torture my son whenever I go into my fits of rage. And he never complains. Nor do I feel regret. Those filthy people don't know pain." Kalif glared at Chavdar. "In any case, I won't allow you to kill Father. He didn't make your life miserable. He was hardly there, so it was your obsession for revenge driving you mad."

Chavdar took a step back as Kalif spoke words of truth. Although, harsh. Chavdar listened to the last part, and wanted to attack Kalif, but he was unsure on who would come out alive. Chavdar nodded and finally agreed, "I suppose. My obsession for wanting to know the answers has made me the way I am." He took a deep breath. He felt like as if an anchor was lifted off his heart once he realized the truth. "Kalif, like any Zhefarovich, I am upset with him. And, if I meet him while you are around, keep me from killing him. Killing people is wrong...and well, it is just wrong." Chavdar laughed a bit. Funny though. I was never upset with Kalif for not being in my life. But then again, he had a life of his own.

Kalif smirked, "I thought so." He knew that Chavdar couldn't give in so easily. However, his last saying made Kalif stop smirking and paint a serious look upon his face. Kalif finally nodded, "I will keep you both under my eye. I know how our family acts whenever we are in the pressence of our prey, so to speak. I won't leave you two alone. If I do, then it would be irresponsible. I don't want any family blood on my hands, if it isn't necessary." He then thought, Maybe Jaken gets his justice from Chavdar, rather than Namina. Namina can be obedient, whereas Jaken refuses to.

Chavdar smirked, the image of himself, Asparuh, and Kalif in one room. For some odd reason, he laughed. He then turned to Kalif, "If it isn't necessary? What do you mean by that? Surely you wouldn't kill your own family. Even if it came down to it." Chavdar wondered what his answer would be. Kalif was cold, but surely he isn't that cold.

Kalif folded his arms across his chest. He answered darkly, "If it came down to it, yes, I would." Kalif didn't show any emotion on his face. He was dead serious. He wondered whether it would haunt him, if he were to kill Namina, or any of his siblings or children. Iulia proved herself useful, so he wouldn't have to dispose of her.

Chavdar let out a very fake gasp. His hand covered his mouth. He then returned to his position and had his arms folded across his chest. He smiled, "I am sure you don't mean that. If any of your children became aurors, would you kill them?" Chavdar tried his best not to laugh. Although, his eyes showed his laughter very clearly. They looked more mocking than happy.

Kalif gave a disapproving look to Chavdar. Kalif knew that he was trying to act dramatic. Or rather, act act dramatic. Making it look as fake as possible. Kalif stared at Chavdar, "My children know better than to become aurors. Except Jaken. Foolish boy cannot make up his mind on what he wants to be." Kalif stared at Chavdar's mocking eyes. Kalif didn't necessarily like to think about Jaken possibly becoming an auror, and coming after Kalif. That would leave him no other option...

Chavdar's eyes continued to mock him. "Why, Kalif. I am surprised at you. Being an auror is an honorable occupation! Don't you want the best for your children?" Chavdar wondered whether he could get past the shell Kalif always had. Being distant and won't talk of his true reasons. He is smart. He hasn't even mentioned that he is a Death Eater still...

Kalif answered, "It would be best for them not to become aurors. It would be for their sake." Kalif narrowed his eyes at his younger brother. What is he trying to do? Whatever it is, it won't work. Kalif thought. He is in the Ministry, and since the kidnapping, they are looking for whoever might be possible. Maybe he is trying to get me to admit that I am still loyal to the Death Eaters...

Chavdar smirked a bit. "Why would it be for their own sakes?" Chavdar then thought, I can get through almost anyone's shells. What can't I get past Kalif's? He hoped that he could one day. Getting past a shell is almost like seeing a new person. However, Chavdar found this to be more of a game than anything else. It amused him greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back