Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Open after Daphne posts with Josephine
Set after the Yule Ball

It had been a trial, trying to behave himself until the very last stragglers had finally left the hall after midnight. Angel had never really been good at ignoring impulsive thoughts and it had taken a lot of willpower to not try to brush a hand along Josephine's arm, or let his fingers linger too long when he poured her another drink tonight, but he even he knew that the Yule Ball probably wasn't the time or place for overt displays of affection. Now though, as the other lingering chaperones and house elves shuffled around clearing away plates and decorations, Angel was finding it harder and harder to listen to that voice telling him to wait, finally giving into the urge to tuck some of Josephine's hair behind her ears as he turned from surveying the clean up efforts around the hall. "You know, I think I saw some mistletoe near the entrance that probably needs some expert assistance to be taken down," He said demurely, fixing her with his most mischievous grin.

The Yule Ball had seemed to go on forever, and Josephine had been bored through most of it. Angel had definitely livened things up a bit, but they hadn't been able to do more than flirt idly as the students danced around them. But now that most of the hall was cleared, she felt herself pulled over to him almost irresistibly. She smiled as she felt his hand brush against her face, as he tucked a bit of her hair behind her ear. It was an intimate gesture, and it made Josephine's heart beat faster. His words made her smile, and then she gently took his hand in her own. "Well, lead the way." She said quietly. "I think we'll be able to do the job together, don't you?" She added, strangely unconcerned now about the others in the great hall. She didn't know if she wanted everyone to see or know about whatever what was happening between them, but she had been waiting all evening for something like this, she wasn't going to delay it any longer.

Angel gave Josephine a smile as she slipped her hand into his, gently pulling her across the dance floor towards the entrance hall. "I think we can manage, somehow," He said over his shoulder, turning to walk backwards for a few moments just so he could look at her a little longer. Angel idly considered stopping and seeing if Josephine would dance with him here in the middle of the nearly empty hall, but they were already pushing things a bit on the displays of affection and there were still some lingering staff and probably a student or two about.

Stepping just past the threshold of the hall, Angel came to stop where they were mostly out of the view of the rest of the hall, giving Josephine's hand a squeeze in his, lamenting the idea of letting it go just yet. "Ah, just as I thought, that's mistletoe alright," He said, tilting his head back to glance at the cluster of mistletoe above them. "And tradition is tradition.." Angel added slowly, stepping closer into Josephine's space, only dropping her hand so he could place his own gently on her cheek.

Josephine couldn't help a small laugh as she followed Angel. Something about this felt so juvenile, so much like the teenagers they had been supervising. Josephine came to a stop along with Angel, glancing over her shoulder to make sure they were mostly out of view. She looked up at him, then followed his gaze to the mistletoe above them. "I suppose it is." She murmured, as Angel made a comment about tradition. Josephine was surprised to actually feel a little nervous about this moment. But as Angel placed his hand on her cheek, Josephine closed the distance. She pressed her lips against his softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back