OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Seven inch sturdy Acacia with Essence of Belladonna core
Cassielle didn't often get the chance to see her nephew. But she had rearranged her schedule for the chance to spend some time with him. Especially after that last letter he sent. Wanting a bear for a friend? That was sweet of Lucas. And also extremely unusual. When her sister hadn't been able to tell her anything- no surprise there, Cassi's sister and brother in law were always working- and talking to Gabriel hadn't helped, she had asked Lucas more about the Einar kid. She hadn't gotten much from Lucas, but had managed to piece together enough that she was able to find out who the other boy's social worker was. She had rented an apartment from a friend in Alaska and had plans for the boys. She waited patiently at the train station, keeping an eye out for her little blond.

Lucas was doing his best to keep close to Einar, not wanting to let go and not wanting to be left alone with his brothers. He was holding onto the back of Einar's shirt as they got off of the train, but paused, his grip fading, when he spotted his aunt on the platform. "Einar!" He motioned for Einar to follow before running off. "Aunt Cassi!" He yelled, probably the loudest he had been since going to school. He knocked into her leg, holding on tightly.

Einar had been feeling on edge since the exams had been over. He just knew what he was going back to and boy was he nervous about it. The first experiences hadn’t filled him with that much hope for this. Einar knew he needed to, and he knew that Lucas would have it worse than him. But he still hated it. He felt weak but in the moments he thought about it he just really missed his mum. The boy was trying to push it away but he knew that he needed to be a bit more calm around Lucas, but he knew he hadn’t really managed it the last two weeks. He wasn’t particularly talkative on the train either. His hands were stuffed in his pockets to stop them from visibly shaking. He headed off the train, with Lucas behind him, clutching at his shirt but, the moment they stepped on the platform, it seemed that Lucas had spotted something. Einar watched and walked behind as the boy ran to the woman on the platform. So this was the aunt. Einar was just shyly behind. He was happy Lucas would have this time to spend with her, he couldn’t help but be a little jealous even if he knew that more than most Lucas deserved this. ”Lucas, I have to go,” he said hating that his voice was nervous and shy. He didn’t even look towards Cassi as he spoke. ”I’ll see you next semester,”

Cassi grinned as Lucas spotted her, glad he was automatically bringing the other boy. She placed a hand on his back when he attached himself to her leg. "Oh no you don't," She reached out, lightly clapping Einar's shoulder. "I talked to your social worker. You're mine for two weeks." She informed him. "Einar, right?" She ruffled Lucas's hair. "I thought you wanted to grow out your hair," She remarked, raising a brow.

Lucas's eyes widened when Einar said he had to leave, and he loosened his hold on his aunt, about to turn, but his aunt spoke first. He looked up at her with wide eyes, wincing a little as she ruffled his hair. "I changed my mind," He mumbled sullenly, hiding his face in her leg again. Mostly just so Einar didn't see, he was worried the other boy would see he was lying. Before anything else could happen, he heard a familiar voice calling his name. "Luca! Let's go!" He winced, pulling back and quickly trying to move away. "Coming, Gabriel," He called back, voice cracking. He stuffed his shaking hands in his pockets, not looking at Einar as he tried to hurry away.

Einar had been about to turn and leave when the aunt was quick to grab his shoulder. He immediately broke out of her hold, but he listened to what she said. He didn’t have to go for another two weeks….oh wow. ”Yeah, Einar,” This was a mistake, she was just being nice because he was Lucas’ friend and Einar was just going to ruin it. She probably had heard all about his case from his social worker. He hated that it fill him with relief that it felt nice to be a little wanted by someone. If anything it made him miss his mother more, knowing she would’ve wanted Lucas around, that she would’ve loved to meet any of his friends. Einar was broken out of his thoughts as he heard a familiar voice call out for Lucas. He shook his head. If his social worker wasn’t expecting him for two weeks then there was no way he wasn’t spending it with Lucas, no matter what his aunt wanted. ”I’m coming with you,” Einar said already beginning to head towards where Lucas was going.

Cassi rolled her eyes, stepping in the way of both boys. "Bye, boys," She called back to Gabriel and Dawson, moving to grasp both Lucas and Einar's shoulders. She smiled down at them. "Luca, you asked me about some sort of bear, didn't you?" She didn't wait for confirmation. "Yeah, I'm not going to buy one. We're going to go out to lunch, and then out to build-a-bear and you're both gonna make some bears," She nodded decisively, ushering them away. "Let's go then, shoo. Who's hungry for Chinese food?" She asked.

Lucas's eyes widened, immediately trying to figure out how to get rid of Einar before he met Gabriel. That couldn't happen. Luckily, Aunt Cassi stepped in the way first. Lucas's eyes widened as she spoke, excitement building up in him. I'm making Einar a bear. He decided instantly, taking hold of Aunt Cassi's hand. "Okay!" He agreed quickly. "I like Chinese food." He smiled broadly. "Einar?"

Einar couldn’t help the relief that he felt as the woman, Cassi stepped in and dismissed Lucas’ older brothers. Einar kept a glare on them for a moment longer before he let his attention filter back to Lucas and Cassi. He was surprised that she was actually taking them out, he had gotten so used to those sorts of things just not happening to him, that he thought it weird. Even when it had just been him and his mom there hadn’t been a whole lot of money and when she’d been unwell there had been no energy. He didn’t have much left of what he’d owned in the last house and much of the rest of it was just lost to time. He didn’t think he really deserved one, but he thought of the little torn teddy bear that Lucas owned and didn’t care if that boy left with two, he’d make one for him. Einar tentatively looked between them, ”I could eat,” was his response, he didn’t want to impose himself and he didn’t want to put Cassi out of too much money, but he’d accept the food.

-godmod approved-

Lucas smiled, following his aunt and resisting the temptation to hold Einar's hand. He was just in such a good mood now. Lunch was great, Lucas ate until he was sure he couldn't move anymore, loud and energetic, just happier than he ever was, far away from his brothers, and with the two people he cared about most in the whole world. He brightened as they spotted the build-a-bear workshop, grabbing Einar's hand and pulling the other boy along. He was so happy it took him a few minutes to realize he was still holding Einar's hand, eventually releasing it as he bounced around, building a bear for his best friend.

It had taken a little bit of consideration, but eventually, Lucas made a plush black bear. He picked a few accessories, a small star necklace and a little leather bracelet. His aunt paid for the bear, and Lucas hid in a corner, ruffling through his bag until he found his paints. He laid one of his shirts over his lap before setting to work, painting an elaborate galaxy over the bear, hardly noticing he had been found as he put the finishing touches on the crescent moon on the bears tummy. He smiled up at his aunt, asking for a charm to dry the bear.

His project completed, Lucas bounced away, rushing over to Einar. "Einar, hey, hey," He smiled shyly, hesitating now that he was in front of the other boy. "Um... t-this is for you," he offered the bear to Einar, blushing.

Einar knew that it had been a long while since he’d had this much fun, certainly since it hadn’t been something he and his mother had done after Hewie had died, and it wasn’t something he’d be able to do since his mother’s death. He couldn’t imagine what her expression would’ve been if she was still alive and able to see him. He missed her dearly, acutely and heavily. But he managed to pull those thoughts aside as they went into the build a bear store, he had never been in it before and though the premise was not difficult to get he found it tricky to pick a bear, he wasn’t going to make one for him, he hadn’t had a bear for years, he didn’t need a new one, but Lucas deserved one. He picked a muted dark blue bear, it wasn’t as flashy as the others but had enough colour that he was that Lucas would like it. He gave it a little paint brush and a simple outfit with it. He felt pretty nervous about letting Lucas’ aunt pay for things but he had to push that aside. Einar didn’t have much more to do with the bear, he just stared at it for a moment, and was just waiting for Lucas to finish up. He smiled when the boy greeted him, clearly finished it. But Einar just let himself smile at him and then the smile dropped lightly at the offered bear. But it returned quickly and then he laughed lightly, ”I made this bear for you,” he held up the bear he’d gotten for Lucas and held it out to him. He thought it was funny that they had made bears for each other, but as he looked at the bear that Lucas had made for him, versus the simple bear he’d made for Lucas he felt a little bad, ”You put so much effort into mine, it’s beautiful” he said about Lucas’ bear for him, a few fingers traced the crescent moon on it’s stomach. ”But I just wanted you to have a bear that wasn’t destroyed,”

Lucas's eyes widened when Einar offered him a bear in return. He took it, eyes wide, his fingers tracing over the fur. He was silent a moment, before a wide smile broke across his face. He held the bear tightly against his chest, smiling warmly at Einar. "I love it, thank you," He spoke softly. He would have to hide it, make sure his brothers never found it. He wanted to just snuggle against Einar, but he knew he couldn't, so he just hugged the bear tighter instead. His aunt took them, then, before he could react more, and with one arm still holding his new bear tightly against his chest, he brushed his fingers lightly over Einar's hand, looking for permission to hold it this time.

His aunt took them back to the car then, saying that it was a three day drive from Massachusetts back to Alaska. He was surprised they were driving, but couldn't say he minded it. He crawled into the back seat with Einar, keeping his bear in his lap. Aunt Cassi asked a few questions about school, and Lucas replied softly. His grades were alright, he liked Astronomy and potions.

The more they drove, the more Lucas started to light up, his voice slowly becoming more sure and a bit louder. His aunt asked about how Lucas liked to spend his free time, and after a short reply about painting and drawing and spending time with Einar, his aunt turned her questions to Einar instead.

Einar had put the bear in his rucksack, not because he didn’t like it, but he didn’t want anyone seeing it. But he noted that Lucas wanted to hold his hand, so he let the boy take it. Knowing his hand was stiffer but not pulling awat immediately. He was a little surprised to find out they would be driving, he had thought they would be flying or using some magical transport but as he got into the car and settled lightly, he found that it might not be that bad. He was able to keep up light conversation with Cassi about school, as Lucas did too. Einar kept his replies polite and he felt constantly aware that he was intruding on this small family unite and he was praying to whatever higher power was watching him to prevent anything befalling either of these people as it had all the other family he’d had. The road was rather long, and after a small nap he woke up to a brief stop. Lucas was still asleep his head pillowed in Einar’s lap. He looked up at Cassi as she began driving again, ”Hey Cassi,” he spoke softly keen for Lucas to not hear this, ”If its not too much bother..” he hesitated, ”At some point over the break, would you mind taking me to my mother’s grave?” he spoke quietly and sheepishly, sure that she would say no.

Cassi couldn't help but think of how cute the boys were, and how cute they were together. How old were they? 11? 12? It was cute to see Lucas so excited, he was usually such a shy boy. She wasn't sure what to make of Einar, yet, but he did seem to care about Lucas. She thought the fact that they had made bears for each other was adorable, and was glad she had decided to rent a car to drive to her friend's apartment. She chatted idly with the boys while they drove, and turned up the music when the boys fell asleep in the backseat. They were still asleep when they came to their first pit stop. Cassi smiled, and snapped a picture of the boys before refilling the gas tank.

She had just turned back onto the highway when Einar spoke. She gave him a soft smile, looking at him in the rearview mirror. "Of course I will," She responded quietly. "I take it you don't want little Luca knowing?" She asked, turning her eyes back to the road.

Einar had been sure she’d say yes, but if his luck followed the pattern it had in all of his life so far it would’ve been a no. He felt relief take over his body in her saying yes. He let out a long breath and for a moment was just trapped in those memories he had of his mother’s final days, of her funeral. ”I’d rather not, it won’t be fun,” he knew that Lucas would go and be respectful and that he wouldn’t even try to make it fun, but Einar just knew it would be awful, he knew that his reaction wasn’t one he wanted Lucas to see, ”I never got to see it last break, so I'll be...it'll be hard...,” his heart began to ache and he felt tears pool his eyes. God he missed her so much. He wiped them quickly with his sleeve, ”Thanks Cassi,” he didn’t look at her, not wanting to meet her gaze and see pity or sadness for him in those eyes. He didn’t want that at all. Instead he just let himself keep his gaze on the passing scenery, the thoughts in his mind almost entire of his mother, as they continued on their journey.

Cassi raised a brow. What kind of jerk didn't let a kid go see his mom's grave? She didn't bother replying, knowing he probably wasn't looking for a response. She turned to kick on the music instead, though she paused as her fingers hovered over the button. "You know, Einar," Cassi moved her hand back to the wheel. "I have to admit I've never seen Lucas like this. Whenever I stop in to visit, he's always so quiet and withdrawn." She glanced at Einar in the mirror. "That boy would move the world for you, kid." She told him softly. "Not sure if it means much, but I know he would do anything you asked him." She turned on the stereo then, turning her attention back to the road.

Lucas hadn't even realized he had fallen asleep until he woke up, curled up comfortably in Einar's lap. He was far too content to move for a bit, half dozing and half awake. Eventually, though, he had to get up, stretching and rubbing his eyes as he yawned. They had made it to their hotel for the night, and after a good dinner at a local diner, they had settled down for the night. Feeling a bit too alert to go to bed, Lucas went outside, crawling up onto the trunk of the car and leaning against the glass. He looked up to the heavens, sighing softly and enjoying the peace of the quiet evening. The wind rustled his hair lightly, and he rested his hands behind his head as he watched the stars.

Einar could admit he was pleased when she didn’t really respond to it, and instead offer Einar some kind words. The horned serpent knew that Lucas cared about him, as much as he cared about him, but it was nice to hear it. Perhaps in the next leg of the journey following the conversation Einar didn’t sleep nearly as much as he should but he was pretty tired by the time they’d gotten to the hotel. He’d been falling asleep in his plate, and had settled easily for dinner, it was the door closing that woke him up and woke him to full attention. He put on his jeans and jumper and then headed outside. He spotted Lucas on the hood of the car. He walked over and leaned lightly on the bonnet, ”Can’t sleep?” he said, feeling the soft air of the late evening.

Lucas turned to look when Einar spoke, stretching and smiling softly at his friend. "I'm just enjoying the quiet," He responded, scooting over and patting the hood in case Einar wanted to join him. "Even at school it's always in the back of my mind that Dawson might sneak into the dorms." Lucas turned his eyes back to the night sky. "I know it's can't stay this way... but I think this is the first time I've really relaxed... well, ever," He admitted softly.

Einar climbed up onto the hood of car carefully and sat down next to Lucas, looking around at the area around them. It was pretty calm and peaceful, it had an odd air to it. One he’d often felt when he’d been young and living exceedingly north. He listened as Lucas spoke, not being able to imagine how that might’ve felt. He’d experienced the opposite, always loving when his brother had come into his room, when they’d shared a space, but it was all gone. He knew they’d never do it again. ”It could, why don’t you ask to stay with Cassi?” he asked, she seemed cool, nice and it seemed like she cared, he could go with her. Einar looked up at the sky and lay down on the hood of the car. ”When I was young, my brothers or my dad would sit me in their lap and we’d sit outside pointing to the stars,” he spoke quietly, trying to not think too hard about the memory. ”Do you know how to find the north star?”

Lucas shook his head, laying back. "I thought about that... but I asked her once why she didn't have a family, and she told me it was because she liked her independence. She likes to travel, see the world, with no one to depend on, and no one to depend on her." He sighed sadly. "I couldn't ask to take that away when her independence is the one thing she loves most in life." He glanced over to Einar, noticing how... oddly pretty Einar looked in the starlight.

He brushed the thought off as Einar spoke again. Lucas shook his head. "I don't," He turned his eyes back to the sky, searching the darkness. He moved his hand, brushing his fingers lightly against Einar's. "Would you show me?"

Einar thought about it what Lucas said, ”Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to ask, with school you’d only do it in the summer,” he replied with a soft sigh. Though he could understand it. If any of his family were still alive he wouldn’t want to take that away from them either but he knew his family didn’t treat him so poorly. Hadn’t treated like that. He shrugged a little, not bothering to push it, if Lucas didn’t want to, then he wouldn’t push it. He was happier to talk about the stars. He smiled a little and looked up at the night sky, he resisted the urge to immediately pull his hand away when Lucas touched it. ”So, the north star is the brightest star in the sky, and if ever you need to find your way home, you have to first find that star,” He looked around the dark sky and spotted it with ease, ”Can you find the big dipper? It’s the sauce pan looking star constellation,” Einar looked back at Lucas when he spoke.

Lucas shrugged. It sounded like a good idea, in theory, but he knew it would never work. His parents wouldn't understand, and neither would his Aunt. No one ever listened when he tried to tell about his brothers. Well... No one but Einar. Feeling shy, Lucas drew his hand back, sure Einar hated when Lucas touched him. He wrapped his arms around his torso and studied the sky, noting the north star and trying to remember what it was. He glanced to Einar as he spoke, before turning his eyes back to the sky. After a moment, he pointed to the little dipper. "Is that it?" He asked softly.

Einar knew that whenever he shied away from Lucas’ touch, it seemed to hurt his friend, and while he could handle some of it, some of the time, he wasn’t very good with it most of the time. No matter how hard he tried. Einar was pleased when Lucas found it. He had followed his finger to where he was pointing and nodded. ”I’ve always thought the big dipper looks a bit like a pan. So you start at the handle, follow it until it dips down and then back up, there you stop at that last star,” Einar spoke softly as he pointed to the different stars and got him to follow along. ”So, from this star you have to do a diagonal, and the first star you hit, that’s the north star,” he told him with a small smile, ”Can you see it?”

Lucas listened as Einar spoke, his eyes following the stars until he saw the one Einar was pointing to. "Yeah, I think so," He pointed to the north star. "That one, right?" He almost asked about something else, but gasped softly as a shooting star shot across the sky. He quickly shut his eyes, biting his lip and scrunching his nose as he made a wish. Please, he thought, pretty please just let me have this one wish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back