OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Branson had been trying to keep his fitness up, it wasn’t a necessary part of quidditch but the more athletic and agile he was the better he would be at the sport overall. He Had found out that his friend, Jordie went running twice a day. He didn’t know why the other boy went twice when one long rigorous run would have the same effect as two runs, and two runs would probably just be more tiring, but to each their own. Bran had instead decided he would join him on the morning run, since that was the best time for him to do that, other potions in the day were taken up by revision and by quidditch. He was just standing at the edge of the great lawn stretching, limbering up waiting for the other boy to get there. Branson had been a little early.

Jordie was up early, as he usually was. He stayed in his dorm a minute, getting dressed and sleeping a few bottles of water into his fanny pack. He'd picked it up recently, but it had come in really quite handy. He slid in a few granola bars and an apple before walking down the stairs. He jogged out to his usual starting point, surprised to see someone standing there. "Bran?" He called, smiling brightly and coming to a stop next to the other boy. "What are you doing out here?" He asked, starting his own stretches himself.

Branson smiled when Jordie approached, pleased he'd been rather close with the time of when he'd turn up. He gave a little motion to the other boy, "I heard you went running twice a day and wondered if you wouldn't mind some company at least on one of those runs a day?" Branson asked with a little smile. He hoped that Jordie wouldn't mind, he couldn't imagine saying no to company even if they didn't talk while they ran, he didn't need to talk. "I can probably keep up," he assured him, he didn't know what sort of pace Jordie set but he was sure he could match it.

Jordie's eyes lit up as Branson explained himself. "What, really? Of course!" He agreed quickly, laughing brightly. "I didn't know you ran," He commented, finishing up his stretches. It was a good thing he'd brought some extra water. "Have you run before?" He asked, wondering if he would need to adjust the way he usually ran so Bran could keep up.

Branson nodded, "I don't really...not often," he gave a little shrug. "But with quidditch I should keep my fitness up you know? So I thought I could get into it?" he said, he had read a few books so he knew that he had everything he needed for this and he had done some shorter runs so this wasn't going too be too much of a shock to his system. "Probably not as intensively as you, but I've run before," he explained. He had already taken the time to stretch and was really just ready to get moving.

Jordie nodded easily, his smile widening. "Yeah, sure!" He agreed easily, automatically starting to jog off at a leisurely pace. "Come on! We can start out slow, and once I figure out your limits we can work on increasing the pace," He told Bran, smiling easily.

Branson stretched one last time as Jordie set off and then joined him. It was an easy liseaurely pace that he didn't mind at all as a starting point. He was quite open to it really. He knew it would increase, that was the point but it was good to start somewhere. Branson smiled at him and between the steps and focusing on getting his breathing right asked, "So why did you start running? And why twice a day?" he didn't need an answer if these were person to him but he was very genuinely curious about why he ran or why twice a day.

Jordie smiled as Bran fell in beside him, very slowly picking up the pace as they talked. "I like running," he shrugged easily. "I like to run in the morning to get myself up and going for the day, and I like running at night to kind of let out all the stress that built up over the day." He explained. He smiled at Bran. "And it does help keep me in shape for Quidditch," he agreed with a light laugh.

Branson was a little surprised that the answer was as easy as the fact he just liked running that it was nothing more complicated than that which was pretty cool really. He did think that de-stressing like that in the evenings was good, but Bran knew he could do that with a book. He didn't need to run to de-stress. He agreed it was good for quidditch, "How do you stop yourself from like overdoing it?" he asked, thinking that perhaps it would be easy to do too much and be exhausted in the day that followed. Perhaps it was just practice. He appreciated that slowly their pace was building.

Jordie was slowly continuing the pace, watching Bran to see how he was doing. "You learn your limits, you know, there are some days when you know you might push too far, it's really a little at a time," he explained, smiling. "I've built up a pretty good stamina. If you stick with me, we can build up yours as well." He gave the boy an encouraging smile.

Branson wasn't struggling too much yet, the pace continued to be good for him and they were building at a rate that gave Branson plenty of wiggle room to slow down if he needed to. But he didn't yet. He nodded along as Jordie spoke. "That's cool. I don't think I'll ever do two runs a day, I spend my evenings reading but it'll be good to have more stamina," he knew it would be very good to have that and to be more energetic and healthy.

Jordie laughed lightly, enjoying himself and the soft thudding of their feet against the ground as they ran. "That's alright, just be comfortable with yourself," he told the other boy with a playful wink. "I'm not much of a reader anymore," he admitted, turning to look ahead again. "I used to read more, but I liked to curl up against my older brother and we would both read. Sometimes together, sometimes not. I liked it a lot when he would read me stories." He smiled at the memory. "I guess I'm just a social reader, I don't like reading alone." Jordie pouted.

Branson was enjoying the run, even if it was getting a little more difficult. But he shrugged with a little smile. He had always been quite comfortable with himself, some days less so but he wouldn't ever change parts of himself. He'd try and be better like now with running. He listened along with what Jordie said and gave a little smile. He preferred reading alone but he knew it was just because he would get lost in the story, "My sisters like reading together, but I think that's because they're twins," he said, "It would be nice to be a social reader but I'm much more of a silent reader,"

Jordie laughed, completely relaxed. "I understand that," he told the boy, chuckling. "Maybe you can give me some book recommendations? I can read on my own, but it could be fun if we meet up to talk about it?" He offered. He looked to the other boy to see how he was holding up with the pace they were holding.

Branson nodded with a little laugh, "I can definitely give you recommendations, I've even got an article in the monthly, I talk about a book every month," Branson told him between breaths, with a little smile. He didn't really think he would enjoy reading alloud but he might enjoy the company when reading. "Meeting up to talk books could be great fun," he said, since to him that part would definitely be a lot of fun.

Jordie nodded easily. "I completely forgot you had an article in the monthly, I'll have to look at it," he made a mental note. "How do you feel about cuddling and reading?" he asked, giving the boy a hopeful smile. "We don't have to read out loud, but if I could just like, curl up with you, I'd feel a lot better," he gave the other boy a sly grin. He looked over Branson, trying to gauge how he felt. "How are you holding up?" he asked.

Branson gave a little smile, "I've written a couple of them at this point," he then gave a little frown, thinking about it. "I mean as long as I can keep reading while that happens then I'd be okay," the boy said. He wasn't much of a cuddler, but as long as he could read then it would be fine. At the question of how he was doing he gave a motion of so-so, like this wasn't the worst but it wasn't as easy as it had been in the beginning.

Jordie smiled brightly. "Oh totally, we could absolutely do that," he reassured Bran. Jordie might fall asleep a few times, but that was alright. "If I fall asleep on you though, you should absolutely get pictures. As long as I look cute," he winked, laughing lightly. He smiled as Bran told him he was doing so so. "Do you want to keep at this pace?" He looked around, spotting a tree several meters ahead. "There, up there. We should reach that tree in about five minutes at this pace. What if we turn around there and head back?" he asked, looking back to Bran with a warm smile.

Branson smiled at him, then he nodded, this was a good pace, "Yeah this pace is good. You don't mind if I join you most mornings?" he decided to ask as he agreed to where they'd be running and then be able to join him most days. He hoped that Jordie wouldn't mind him tagging along on most morning.

Jordie smiled, nodding easily. "Of course! I would love the company," he winked, thinking over how he wanted to spend more time with Branson. "That would be nice, I always enjoy spending time with you," his smile brightened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back