Tutoring?

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey walked up to the seventh floor corridor. The three dummies were standing in a line just like last time. "These three dummies give realistic human reactions. Now watch" she pulled out her wand. "Petrificus Totalus!" she cried and pointed her wand at the dummy in the middle. It's legs and arms snapped to it's sides and it fell back completely immobolized. She walked over to it "Finite" the dummy sprang back to life standing as it had been before the spell was cast.

Brian saw her correctly perform the spell, and felt a bit jealous that she had been able to do it, He pulled out his wand wondering if he would be able to perform the spell properly like she did. Then he'd thought about it, if he was able to perform the Everte Statum spell then he should by correlation be able to perform this other spell. "did you learn this spell in Charms or Defense Against the Dark Arts class?" Brian asked out of curiosity as he pointed his wand towards one of the dummies.

[Considering you need an O in charms to qualify to do It I'll say charms *I didn't actually RP her learning it...heh heh]
"Charms. If you can do Everte Statum you should be able to do this after some practice." Kailey replied

"Okay!" Brian said trying to sound confident as he stepped forward. He did have one of the highest grades in Charms so in theory it was more than possible for him to correctly perform the spell, though he might need a little more than just simpe practice to perform the spell right, after all this was yet another advanced spell that he was trying to learn, and while Kailey was sure to be an excellent teacher she was merely one grade higher than he was.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Brian said flurishing his wand just as she had done before him, the result being nothing.

"Petrificus Totalus!" "Petrificus Totalus!" Brian said repeating himself but without the result he wanted.

After he had tried three times Kailey felt the need to corect herself. Remembering how hard she had to actually practice at it. "Well...When I said some, I kinda meant alot." she said

"I'm gonna get it" Brian said confidently he knew it was just a matter of Concentrating and Practicing in order to get the spell down right. "Petrificus Totalus! Petrificus Totalus!" Brian siad flurishing his wand some more.

Kailey watched his wand movement's. He was doing it wrong, He seemed to be jabbing it in the air. "Brian, I don't know But I think you're doing the wand movement wrong. It's more a flick than a jab." she said politely hoping she didn't sound rude

Brian began to flick his wand the way she had described. Brian continued to wave the wand while practicing the spell but for some reason he still was unable to properly cast it, Finally he had an idea. It was a bad idea but it might just do the trick.

Concentrating very hard on what the spell might look like if casted correctly he focused hard, he turned towards Kailey and quickly said "Petrificus Totalus!" with the flick of his wand, He was shocked to discovered he'd done it correctly!

Kailey felt her arms and legs snap together and she fell back hitting her head hard. OWWW! WAY TO GO DIPSH1T! She tried to yell but couldn't. the only part she could more was her eyes which she turned them to him. They were a dark pewter gray which to anyone who know her well was a warning that she was angry, the darker the angrier.

Brian had a mixture of both Happiness and Guilt as he rushed over to her "I'm sorry!" Brian called out in a tone that clearly showed he was more excited to have accomplished the advanced spell. "so uh... how do I end the spell?" Brian asked the Petrified Kailey who clearly appeared to be angry with him. "uh... I am sorry!" Brian said with a smile!

Sure you are Brian... Kailey rolled her eyes as if to say. "I CAN'T TALK!" She then realized he hadn't had DADA yet and didn't know finite. Her eyes turned a color so dark it was almost black upon realizing this. Also she could swear her head was bleeding.

Brian tried prodding Kailey out of her Petrified state, "Come on! Petrificus Totalus!" Brian said flicking his wand at her, he figured if the spell frozed her the first time it might unfreeze her the second time. Unfortunately it didn't work "you know this might have been a bad idea" Brian said shaking her, trying to snap her out of it.

As he shook her she saw a puddle of blood. Yup, This is just great. Were her last thoughts before she slipped into unconciuness from blood loss from the head.

"Ah! Kailey! Come on this is not funny!" Brian said aloud "alright I'll be right back with help!" Brian said as he took off down the hallway looking for a Professor or someone that might be able to help!

Kailey laid there unconcious, Her face getting pale.

Zauzka was on her way to the library while chowing on a piece of Drubbles best blowing gum when she saw Kailey on the floor. Brian was going the other way. "Well let me try something, Infinite Incantaem" She said flicking her wand. She had read about this end all spell and knew how to cast it just incase there was a spell she messed up. "Brian I think the hospital wing would be inorder right now." She called out. Maybe he was still around.

The spell had failed, Kailey was still petrified.

Brian continued down the hall looking for someone to help, looking around he saw one of the Professors! "A student is hurt!" Brian called out running toward him.

Professor King had been in Gryffindor Tower, checking up on things and just about to retire to his office when he heard yelling in the hall. He withdrew his wand and exited the portrait, he walked into the main hallway a few steps and saw the problem. He shook his head and pointed his wand towards the girl on the floor, "Finite." He barked from a distance. A bolt of light shot from his wand and hit Kailey dead on. "Rennervate" he continued, a similar thing occurring with a red bolt of light to arouse her from her unconsciousness. He moved still closed to her at a quicker pace, his wand now aimed towards the blood, "Scourgify." He syphoned the blood off her wounded head and cleaned the floor. He stared daggers towards the young man who had yelled for help and knelt down beside Kailey "Episkey" he muttered, the wound slowly closing up. "What was happening here?"

"well she was teaching me a spell, with the dummies but it wasn't working" Brian began wondering just how the Professor would take this "I didn't think it would actually work, so I tried casting it at her just to see if it would make a difference, and it did" Brian said with an obvious tone of guilt and excitement "she hit her head on the floor, I didn't know how to end the spell and the rest is well now!" Brian said not quite sure why Zazuka was here.

Kailey woke up to find herself on the floor. "What happened?" she asked groggily looking around "Also, why is my head killing me?" she asked Suddenly the memories came back to her. "Well, Brian wanted to know if I could teach him any spells. I thought of Petrificus totalus and thought I'd bring him up here to the practice dummies and let him attempt it. I figured they were just practice dummies ya know what would it hurt. I didn't think he'd try to cast it on me!" she said a note of anger in her voice on the last sentence.

"We'll fix your head in a moment's time Ms. Paramore." Professor King assured her, focusing his attention on the younger of the two, "What is your name?" He enquired at first and then he continued on, "And those dummies are enchanted to react as a human would to any spell, never aim your wand towards a student unless you're supervised or prepared for expulsion." he threatened, obviously upset with the boy. He couldn't believe how many first years were willing to whatever they pleased! It seemed everytime he turned around another first year had done something.

"sorry" Brian whispered, he really was sorry and hadn't meant for the spell to actually work.

"My name is Brian Getathorn sir" Brian said without his normal bow, he had to admit this guy scared him a little.

"Sorry doesn't fix a wound and it certainly doesn't change this situation very much. I suppose Ms. Paramore appreciates your apology more than I, however." Professor King began, setting his Feng-huang wand on the floor where he knelt momentarily, "Well, Mr. Getahorn, what would you have me do with you?"

Honestly Brian didn't know what to say as he stared down at the floor, this was the first time something like this happened and honestly he was sure something like this was bound to happen once in a while so he didn't think he should get punished to severly then again he didn't know this Professor or what he might think in regards to accidently petrifying and hurting another student.

Brian simply stared at the ground and mumbled "I don't know Professor". Brian felt really bad about the situation and all that he'd done. He simply wanted to get better with spells and now look at all that had happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back