Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Sully
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
It had been a while since Chloë had written to her brother. Mostly because she didn't want to distract him from getting his grades up in his final year. She had managed to keep it up for a couple of weeks but now her curiousity had finally taken over. She just needed to know how he was doing, if he was studying and actually trying his best. It wasn't that she didn't trust that he would give it his all, but their trip to France depended on it and she needed to make sure. She needed some sort of extra confirmation that he was doing everything he could to get his grades up. She just wanted to go on that trip so badly. The whole idea of going on a trip with her brother sounded like loads of fun, not to mention the fact that it would be her first time back in France since she left about seven years ago. Chloë had made her way up to the owlery with her letter clutched tightly in her hand, carefully entering because she didn't want to disturb the owls too much. She didn't have an owl herself so she looked around for a school owl that seemed nice, clearly recalling how she had been pecked at the last time she wanted to send a letter. Once she had located a friendly looking owl and gave the animal a little snack she focussed her attention back on the letter, now starting to wonder if she should even send it. Would her brother think she didn't trust him if he read her letter? He had promised to do his best, so wouldn't it be better to just wait and see how his first semester had gone? Chloë frowned as she looked down at the letter, having a mental discussion with herself about what she should do.

Iris missed her sister a lot, more than she had expected to. Fleur had graduated last year, and now Iris felt like she had to be responsible for her siblings, despite being the youngest. Emma was reckless and never thought anything through, and Lars was still all sad about his breakup with Elliot, and Iris had seen how he was nervous about his new duties as a prefect and as a Quidditch captain. She wanted to help him, but wasn't sure why. Which was why she was now writing to Fleur for advice. She hoped her sister could help her out and reassure her, but she was also curious to hear about what she was doing. Last she heard, Fleur was traveling and visiting different dragon sanctuaries in the world. That was dangerous, but Iris trusted her sister to be safe. Fleur was always the only person Iris wasn't too worried about. The girl made her way up to the owlery, and smiled at the sight of a familiar girl there. She knew Chloe was in Emma's house and also one of her dorm mates. "Hi, are you sending a letter too?" She asked the Gryffindor.

As Chloë was staring at her letter she started to lean towards the idea of just sending it. Her brother knows she is curious and the more she thought about it the more she realized that he would probably be okay with her checking in. She looked up when someone else entered the owlery, smiling as she recognized the other girl. "Hi." Chloë greeted her, eyeing her letter for a second before looking back up at Iris. "I was thinking about it, I'm not sure though." She answered with a little shrug, still not sure whether she should send it or just wait untill the break so her brother could tell her how he had done so far in person. "It's for my brother." The gryffindor added, not too sure if that was relevant information but sharing it anyways. "Who is yours for?"

Iris didn't know if she had ever really talked to the Gryffindor, but she didn't think so. Emma tended to be the only Gryffindor she really talked to, and occasionally Lysander. Iris tended to stick to her own house a bit more, with Jenna and Nicole as exceptions. "Why aren't you sure?" She asked her, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. It seemed strange to her to hesitate about sending a letter when you already had it in your hand. "I'm writing to my sister." She explained as Chloe said her was for her brother. "Not Emma, that would be strange, but Fleur." She assumed Chloe knew her, as she had only graduated last year and had been a Gryffindor prefect. "I think you should send your letter, I'm sure your brother would like to hear from you." She told her. "Has he graduated as well?" She couldn't remember Chloe's brother being in Fleur's year, but she also didn't really know that many students that well. Especially older ones.

Chloë smiled when Iris asked her why she wasn't sure, a question she had also been asking herself. Especially since she had already written the letter and made the effort to come to the owlery. "Well I was going to ask him something important but then I realized I'll be seeing him soon during the break, so maybe I should just wait untill I see him." She responded with a little shrug, knowing that without the backstory her answer could still sound strange to the other girl. Chloë chuckled when Iris said she was writing to her sister, but clarified that she didn't mean Emma. She could've appreciated it if she wrote Emma a letter though, that would be funny. "That's nice." She nodded in response. "Is she easy to stay in touch with? Or is she a hard person to reach now that she's graduated." She asked curiously. She knew her sister had graduated last year but she had no idea what the girl would be doing now that she was out of school. "Yeah, maybe." Chloë nodded at the suggestion of just sending her letter. Perhaps she should just send it, knowing her brother she was pretty sure Archer wouldn't take it the wrong way anyways. "Oh no, not yet. He's in his final year." She shook her head when Iris asked about her brother, before explaining some more. "But he's not a student here, he goes to Beauxbatons."

Iris smiled. "If you've already written it, there's no harm in sending it now." She told her gently. "Unless it is something that is better said out loud." She added, contemplating it. She didn't want to ask what she was asking, as she got the feeling it was something personal. Iris considered her next question carefully. "Well, she has been traveling a lot, so it hasn't been too easy. But she told me in her latest letter that she's thinking of moving here to work at the wildlife sanctuary in New Zealand." She said with some pride. She nodded as Chloe told her her brother was in his final year, and that he went to Beauxbatons. "Oh, that's the school we sometimes play Quidditch against, right?"

Chloë nodded in agreement with Iris's words. "Yeah, you're right." She said with a little shrug. There was definitely truth in what the other girl just said and it made her somehow more sure that Archer wouldn't mind her letter anyways. "That's so cool though!" She responded when Iris mentioned what her sister had been up to. Travelling around sounded like a dream, although Chloë could understand it did make it difficult for people to reach you. "I mean not the hard to reach part, but the moving here part. Then she'd be so close by all the time." She smiled at the other girl, wondering how nice it would be for her to have her older sister so close by even if they had also spend a little time at the school together. Chloë couldn't even imagine what it would be like if she had been at school together with her brother, although in her mind it could only have been fun. "It is!" She nodded in answering Iris's question. "Made me wish that he was on their team so he could've come to Hogwarts." She said with a little chuckle, not too bothered that he hadn't but thinking it might have been nice if he got to actually see the school she went to, the school their dad had been to.

Iris smiled a bit as Chloe expressed how she felt about Fleur's travels. Iris herself didn't really see the appeal. She was glad Fleur was back in one place, where she didn't have to worry about her as much. But she supposed it might be a Gryffindor thing, wanting to see the world. Iris was more interested in what was beyond the physical world, herself. She nodded. "It will be easier to visit her now too, though she's far away from our family home." She said with a small shrug. "But it's nice that she followed her dream." She said a little wistfully. Iris was glad she had been right about which school came to compete with Hogwarts in Quidditch. "Does your brother not like to play?" She asked, curious. "You're on the team," she added. "I suppose you don't share a love for Quidditch? In my family, I'm the only one of my siblings who doesn't play." She said with a sad little smile. She had never been able to keep up with her family members on a broomstick.

Chloë was interested in travelling, so what Iris's sister had been doing sounded extremely fun to her. Seeing places, experiences new things. How could anyone not like the idea of that? Nevertheless, she could surely understand Iris would be happy to have her sister close again. She had been away from her brother a lot and now that he had mentioned moving back to france Chloë wondered if he would go through with it, and if he did whether they'd still be able to see each other regularly during her breaks. "It's nice that you'll be able to visit more easily though." She replied. "Even if it's not right next door it's still the same country." She smiled at Iris. She shook her head at the girl's next question. "I think he likes watching more than playing." Chloë replied with a little shrug. "Shouldn't really matter though." She stated regarding brother not loving it as much as she did and Iris being the only one of her siblings who doesn't play. "I mean there's plenty of other things to bond over."

Sorry for taking a long time!

Iris nodded at Chloe's comment. She knew Fleur was close by now, and it wouldn't be hard to visit her during school holidays before heading home. And she knew her sister was doing what she truly wanted to do, and that made Iris more happy than anything. "You're right." She said with a small smile. "And I can understand her wanting to stay in New Zealand, it is pretty nice." She nodded as Chloe explained her brother preferred watching games to playing them. Iris could understand that. "That's true." She said as Chloe said there were other things to bond over. "But it's also fun to watch them play. Emma is an alternate so she hasn't played much yet, but Lars has by now." She smiled, clearly proud of her brother. "He's the Ravenclaw captain this year, along with Minnie Calida." She said, just in case Chloe wasn't aware. She probably was, as she played Quidditch herself. "Gryffindor was doing better this year though." She added, remembering Lars' team hadn't gotten very far. It was still uncertain if they would be last or third place, as they had to go against Hufflepuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back