Trimming the Lawn

Andromeda turned to look at him.
"The moon huh?" she muttered with a small smile playing on her mouth, "Dangerously beautiful".
Her voice had a certain sadness and edge to it that hadn't been there before.

"It's not that I'm grown which I have alot but..." she told him following his gaze out across the lawn to the lake, "I've had to mature I guess. Learn to stand on my own two feet."

"If you could would you want to have it any other way, the whole mature thing?" Corvin said sorta of understanding where the girl was coming from.

Andromeda thought about his question, about the reasons why she had had to mature.
"Yes, I would change everything" her voice was sombre, melancholy as if it was still deep in thought to all the moments throughout the passed year that had brought her to this one. She would prefer to be a normal 11year old girl, with normal problems but she wasn't and could never ever hope to be normal again.

"I think we all wish for a different life sometimes, but somedays we are just glad at how are cards had landed. Do you have any family?" Corvin asked curiously.

"I have family. My father passed away early this year but I still have alot of family that care about me. I am grateful for them dont get me wrong but there are other things that life throws at us that we least expect... no that we never expect and those cards, I'll never be glad about" she told him her mood surging again. It was getting harder these days to control her mood swings, her temper but she had done very well considering. Her uncle had told her it would get worse coming into puberty and that she dreaded.

"You seem very strong, and you tended to understand the world around also. As for cards being thrown our way I cant say that I ran into to many myself, but the cards I have ran into are quite interesting." Corvin said with a sad smile he was lost in thought but it passed in a flash.

Andromeda looked at the man beside her, wondering if she should head back to the castle to let him get on with his work. He seemed content enough to just sit here though and judging by his words and his reaction just then, she knew he had his own worries.
"I guess everyones version of interesting differs greatly" she smiled at him, "Are you ok Mr. Black?"

"Oh yes I am sorry to seem so out of it is I love to think and often find myself lost in thought just now I was think of the woods. The ability to run free and wild." Corvin said simply.

Andromeda looked at him wide eyed and had to desperately suppress a laugh. Oh, she knew all too well about running wild and free and wanting to. Sadly as much as Andromeda as Canis would want to run free, it was way too dangerous. She sighed then looking out towards the woods. Remembering a promise she had made not so long ago to the centaur. So far she had kept it, she hadn't even gone back in, in her human form not mind any other form.

"Running wild and free can be just as easily done on the pitch" she said, knowing that this was her place to run every morning. No matter what the weather was. She had grown in the months she was here and honestly didn't know if this was from being a werewolf or if it was just her natural progression.

"You are correct , I will be running in the evening in my own place so as to nut interupt any of the hard working students." Corvin chuckled a little. "You know I can say you seem to be easy to talk to and I can't say that about many of the people my age and older. You dont seem to judge or discriminate against people which I admire. You will make a fine witch one day if you are not already." Corvin said as he skipped a rock across the lake.

Andromeda was speechless at his appraisal of her, she didn't feel as if she deserved such high praise at all.
"I hope I'll make as fine a witch as you think I'll be Mr. Black " she smiled, hoping she would be. She watched silently for a while as he through some stones.

"I better get back to the castle then" she said as she stood up, "sorry for taking up your time. I know it's a precious commodity".
Andromeda held her hand out to him as a gesture of she hoped friendship.

Corvin bowed slightly to the girl and shook her hand "It was nice to talk to you. It was fun." Corvin said with a smile.

Andromeda laughed talking to her was alot of things and for some reason 'fun' was always up there, though she never really tried to be funny.
"Well I'll be seeing you around I suppose" she waved now, the conversation had gotten off to a rocky start what with the whole Lexi thing but she had enjoyed it too. She wouldn't have said it was fun but it had definitely been interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back