Trimming the Lawn

Corvin Blackwood

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
10" Rowan with Pheonix feather core
Corvin had no idea what so ever as to how he could magic the grass to cut itself. In the muggle world he used a lawn mower but it did not seem like such things where stored here at the school so magic was his last resort.

So Corvin began shooting a long complicated list of spells which would help him with the impossiblely large lawn. As he finished offf with the last piece of the spell he aimed at the lawn and watched as the spell washed over the lawn cutting only the grass and nothing else.

Corvin was pleased with himself for the job well done. When you grew up in a family like his you always tried your hardest to do you best. Corvin decided to sit and rest abit before moving on to his next to do thing.

Andromeda saw the man cutting the grass in a very peculiar way before taking a rest. She wondered why he even needed one when he had so obviously just used a lot of magic to do the job for him.

"Are you the new caretaker then?" she asked walking up to him, "What happened to the groundskeeper? to Willie?"

Andromeda had really liked Willie, he had been a law unto himself and a definite character. She knew she hadn't seen him about in a while and had hoped he wasn't after leaving but seeing this man here now seemed to suggest otherwise.

lexi was running in the hall and towards the lawn, who she needed to tell andy something important, actually not very important at all. when she saw andy talking to someone she immediately slow down and walked slower than ever.

lexi walked until she came to andy and the man, she crossed her arms and looked at the man with his wand in his hand.

He was finishing up his spell one of the school students appoached him with what he thought was curiosity in the eyes. She was a rather charming girl and seemed rather intellegent. She had asked him a few questions .

"Yes I am the New Caretaker here, I just started a while agoso I do not know what happened to willie I have not met or heard of him." Corrvin said in a rather shy way.

Just before the girl had time to speak really a nother appeared with her arms crossed staring at the two of them. Corvin scratched the back of his head.

"Well I'm Andromeda and this.." she looked with a smirk on her face when she saw Lexi standing there with her arms crossed , "...ehm this is Lexi. Shouldn't you be caretaking around the school then not the grounds?"

Andromeda didn't mean to be rude, he seemed nice enough but she was fiercely loyal to Willie and this was his job as far as she knew. And he wouldn't have used magic for it either, she mused.

"Yes , I should be Caretaking but I like to be help and so I thought I would help out be haveing the lawn cut. You students dont know how hard it is to keep the school maintain. The grounds keeper,the caretakers and the houseelfs work diligently to keep the school running at tip tiop shape. So we all provide help to each other." Corvin said simply. The girl was interesting to say the lease.

"How are you lexi?"Corvin said to the quiter of the two girls.

Andromeda considered his statement as she waited for Lexi to answer him. She supposed he was right, she knew indeed how hard Willie worked having helped him on one of her punishments and from what her uncle the school nurse had told her about the house elves, she also knew they had a job and a half. She smiled then, figuring he couldn't be a bad old sort if he was trying to help others out as well as his own work load.

"i'm fine, thank you." lexi said still arms crossed and staring at the man. "what your name, i think i didn't see you here always." said lexi being rude to the guy. lexi looked at the man from head to toe. "well andy, i just want to get some fresh air with you so i gather my strength to just go to you." she said while turning to andy while her eyes was fixed with the man. "so, what are you doing here, andy." lexi asked andy.

Andromeda ducked her head so they wouldn't see her trying desperately to suppress her grin when Lexi began to question the caretaker.
It was all too soon before Lexi turned her attention to Andromeda questioning her about her motive for being on the lawn. Once again she tried to suppress her smile but found it difficult. Andromeda knew that Lexi was blunt with her words but meant no harm at all by it.
"I'm just strolling around that's all Lexi" she told her.

The caretaker began to chuckle, he had never been so interrogated in his life. He smiled and then answered back to the rather rude lexi. " My name is Corvin Black and I am rather new to New Zealand I moved here with my brothers."

"is that all, andy and by the way nice to meet you, mr. black." lexi said stretching her arms to the guy while smirking in her best smirk ever.

"Corvin Black" Andromeda repeated the name, she liked it. She smiled again at Lexi's bluntness.
"Yep that's all Lexi. I've studied way too hard over the last number of months and my brain as well as the rest of me needed stretching out" Andromeda said to her, "So what do you think of New Zealand so far Mr. Black?"

Corvin shook Lexi hand and smiled at the girl with ahis biggest brightest smile. He listen to the girls chat a second before Andy asked him another question" Well I actual like it here it is wonderful but I do miss being home My parents said I needed to see the world live a little so I decide to come here. It is peaceful here." Corvin said simply.

"I don't mean to be rude Mr. Black, but being a caretaker of this castle isn't exactly living a little" Andromeda frowned, at least in her eyes it wasn't, "Do you mind me asking where you're from?"

lexi's hand shook corvin's and take it away and fakely smiled at him, then andy asked him a questions but its kind a like a rude question as she's intelligent with it. "andy, your being rude now don't asked mr. black that questions, coz you don't know him." lexi said to andy while looking at her. "be nice." she mouthed at her.

"Unlike the childern here, I appreciate what hogwarts does and find it fascinating. The shcool is a lot more wonderful then you let it be Miss Fiorelli maybe if you open your eyesyou will see the speldor and the priveledges you all take for grant." Corvin said in defense of his job.

"i'm sorry for my friends little problem in questioning people, on behalf of her i'm sorry."lexi said bowing to the man. "i like you mr. black as a friend, i don't think andy has a thing for that." she said while looking at andy still crossed arms.

Andromeda turned to Lexi first her amber eyes glaring.
"I wasn't actually being rude as you usually are Lexi and I can speak for myself thank you very much. I do not now or ever will need you or anyone else to speak for me", She turned then to look at Mr. Black fuming at his presumptions as well as Lexi's, "And Mr. Black an awful lot of the children here, myself included know exactly how wonderful this school is and how fascinating the place is. We take nothing for granted. Perhaps the children you're used too, do take things for granted. But we aren't rich privileged children you know. My eyes are open, constantly and I see alot more than most and I appreciate it if you and You, Lexi would take your mad presumptions and keep them to yourselves."

Andromeda turned on her heels and began to walk away.

lexi looked at andy and spoke, "i'm not rude as you think andy, thats the problem with you gryffindors, ravenclaws and hufflepuffs. you think that all slytherins are rude." lexi crossed her arms tightly. lexi is almost crying with what andy said to her, she just turned to corvin and started to cry hard. "ok, i'm not going to be with you ever again or even with your friends." that was lexi's last spoke to andy as lexi started to walked out of the lawn.

Andromed had so had enough of Lexi's permanent tantrum throwing, blaming everyone constantly but herself for every situation. She turned as Lexi began to leave;
"Typical huh! Cry me a river why don't you... maybe if you didn't go around snapping at people and speaking for them when it's not necessary. Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs have mouths of their own Lexi and minds. We don't need to be told what to do by you or any other Slytherins. And it isn't what I think Lexi, it's how you behave to people in general especially when something doesn't go your way".

She looked at Corvin Black with a frown on her pale face.
"Well looks like you have livened the place up after all".

Andromeda let Lexi walk then turned away from Mr. Black and went to sit at her favourite tree in the Lawn. She was so fed up of being treated like dirt on someones shoe. She could speak for herself perfectly well and didn't need anyone speaking for her or assuming what she would say. She closed her eyes and breathed hard trying to calm herself down.

Corvin had watch as the whole situation had gotten out of control fast. The two girls had gotten in to an arguement and andy had turned her rage upon him. Corvin was sorry for Lexi but knew that she needed time to be by herself. Corvin turned and headed over to Andy.

"So you see more than other do you? Then why do you think that my choice in occupation was not living." asked Corvin trying to figure more abou the girl.

Andromeda hadn't expected him to follow her. She was embarressed by her outburst it was so unlike her and she had upset Lexi which she hadn't meant to. She rubbed her hand against her forehead to ease the tension she knew was building again slowly. Her temper seemed to be simmering on the surface constantly nowadays and she hated it. She knew it was because of her werewolf self and therefore couldn't help it but try explaining that to people who didn't know what she was.

"I'm sorry if you think I was insulting you. I wasn't and that wasn't my intention.
I wanted to know simply if this was the type of living a little your parents envisaged for you? I know as much as I would probably enjoy a job working amongst plants and things my parents would have been up in arms about it".

"Well My brother Sebastien is a healer, Raziel is on the committee for experimental charms, and my cousin is a oblivator. So I decided to work at the school because my parents got all they want out of there sons." Corvin said with a smile as he sat down next to the girl.

She watched him sit down beside her trying to scrutinize him. He wasn't what she would have termed a normal grown up but he was still a grown up.
"Yeah I'm an only child... technically" she said to him, "So up until last year my parents had very definite ideas about what they wanted for me. It seemed as if I had no say in my future at all. Of course that's all changed now".

Andromeda picked up a bladed of grass and began twiddling it between her fingers. "I suppose it could be worse, you could have gotten the caretaker position at Hogwarts Scotland where it rains all time" she smiled, for a change her pale greyish features didn't seem so odd as her amber eyes glinted with amusement.

"You seem rather grown for your age dont be mistakn." Corvin said with a grin understanding the girl in more ways then one. He was young and still among the adults he was treated like a child.

"Your also right I do enjoy the sun but it is the nights that keep me captivated, THe moon and all the stars are beautiful to behold. With all this space and little to no light you can gaze upon them in there full beauty."Corvin said looking out on the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back