Closed To the Moon and Back: Linden and Lucas Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

Linden Kinnek

His Snowflake ❄️ Magizoologist 🦡

OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
It was the holidays and linden had been looking forward to today for a long time. it was the first holiday when he had been old enough to use magic and the first holiday which he could apparate. It was going to be awesome. today he had a date. one that he had been organising since the yule ball. he had told Lucas that they could go anywhere and he had said that he counted that they could go to the moon. linden, not one to resist a challenge had tried his best to make it happen. of course, they couldn't go to the actual moon. but there were options slightly closer to home. he needed today to go well. he could tell that the events of the last semester had hit Lucas hard from the fiasco with the roses at valentines leaving him feeling slightly distant to the mystery of Kasim and Lysanders disappearance which had made him hide himself from him even more. Linden had really put his all into today in an effort to try and cheer Lucas up.
he looked at his watch and spun on the spot focusing on the little park down the street from where Lucas lived. there was an area in there sheltered at the back of the toilet block where I would be safe to apparate to. he arrived and checked himself over to make sure that he was still in one piece before walking up the road to his boyfriend's house. a grin on his face and a spring in his step. he knocked on the door ready for the day to begin.

The holidays had been torturous so far. Lucas hated being away from the magical world, even if a break probably seemed to be the right thing right now. He had been in a terrible mood ever since Kas had been kicked out of school, and it had worsened quite a bit at graduation. He just felt terrible every day since then, waking up and feeling entirely unmotivated to do anything. He knew his parents were worried, they could tell something had happened. Lucas hadn't shared the details with them, he didn't want them to decide Hogwarts wasn't safe and pull him out in his final year. As much as he wished he had graduated with his best friends last year, he didn't want to drop out.

Today, Lucas had to try to be happy. At least a bit. Linden was taking him out on a date, and knowing Linden, he had worked very hard to make it perfect. The whole idea of going out kind of made Lucas want to hide his face in his pillow, but he had forced himself to get dressed in some cute clothes. He had to try, for Linden's sake. Lucas headed to the door as Linden knocked, glad his parents and sister were out. They would be way too curious about Lucas' magical boyfriend. "Hey, Lin." He said, forcing a smile as he looked at his boyfriend. "I'm excited about today." He added, though it sounded just a little bit like he was trying to convince himself.

the door opened and there he was. Lucas Fletcher the man himself. linden smiled and his heart quickened. "Hi Lucas. I've missed you so much." he said. putting his arms around him and drawing him into a hug. before checking that no parents or sisters were hanging around inside and kissing Lucas. it was what he had been wanting to do for the last few weeks since school. but with half od the menagerie staff on house arrest, and a flood of first years wanting pets. he was doing extra shifts, longer shifts to try and make up for it. he held on for a second enjoying the feeling, the smell, the idea of Lucas in his arms even though it maybe wasn't quite the kiss he had fantasised about. "I love you," he said as he loosened his grip. he looked at him properly for the first time. he seemed different. sort of blue. there was an aura around him that he was more used to seeing around casper. and linden regretted not coming to see Lucas earlier. even just coming over after work for a drink to see how he was. "Are you okay Luc?" he asked reaching up to sweep a bit of hair out of his boyfriends face. "I was going take you to the moon like you asked for at the ball. but if you would rather stay at home we can just hang out, watch bad movies, eat popcorn we can do that, or whatever else you feel like doing instead" he said a slight tone of worry setting into his voice. why had he not checked up on Lucas for so long, he was a terrible friend, a terrible boyfriend. he hoped that the museum tickets were crammed far enough into his pocket that Luc wouldn't notice them. he could go to the space museum some other time, take his sisters. that was fine.

Last edited:
Lucas' smile became a little less forced at the sight of Linden, as he saw how happy the boy was to see him. He smiled and hugged him back, taking a moment to enjoy the feeling of his arms around him. Lucas sighed softly into the kiss and smiled softly at Linden's words, even though they twisted like a knife in his gut. He knew he should've said it back ages ago, but he had managed to avoid it so far. He was glad about the question that was easier to answer. "I'm alright." He said. "Just kind of having a crappy break, not your fault." He shook his head. "I'm happy to do whatever you planned." He said with a quick smile. "I am very curious to see how you'll be taking us to the moon." He added, attempting for a teasing tone of voice. "I'd rather go out than stay at home." He added, which was true. He was pretty sick and tired of moping in his room.

Linden felt himself relax with Lucas's arms around him. maybe he was wrong to worry. but he didn't like seeing anyone hurt or upset. especially not Lucas. "I'm sorry. I should have come to see you earlier" he said. he had known that Lucas wasn't okay. things between them had been a little strained since Valentine. but the last few weeks at school had been tough on him. he should have known that the holiday was not going to make things better.
as he explained his plan for the date he was glad to see Lucas seemed to cheer up. his smile was so cute. "I have my ways. but first, we are going to wellington," he said a sly grin spreading across his face. "we will be going to an area near the top of the cable car. do you know where I mean, or we can sidelong apparate?" he said. he had practised sidelong apparition with willow until he was confident of getting it right. "are you ready to go or do you need anything?" he asked. he was really looking forward to this.

Lucas winced inwardly as Linden started apologizing. This was the last thing he wanted, Linden had nothing to be sorry for. He shook his head. "I'm fine, that's really okay." He said weakly. He had been rather glad to be left to stew alone for a bit. He wasn't sure if Linden would've enjoyed seeing how upset he had been about Kas leaving, especially after that comment he made at the Valentine's fiasco. Lucas nodded hesitantly at Linden's description. "I think I know it." He finally said. "I'm ready." He added.

Linden wasn't sure what to make of Lucas's comment. he didn't sound like he was fine. it was okay that he wasn't around. was that a good thing. it didn't sound like it. he smiled weekly at Lucas. "okay. but I am just a call away if you want me, want a break from wallowing on your own" he said. not even noticing his word choice.
he nodded once when Lucas said that he was ready. "great, see you there" he said stepping slightly out of the view of the street before spinning on the spot and appearing on the top of a hill overlooking the bay. glad to see Lucas also appear nearby. he took his boyfriends hand and smiled "are you ready for me to take you to the moon" he said. taking Lucas' hand and leading him away from the vista towards a building tucked behind some trees. the sign out the front reading Space place at Carter observatory

inside the museum did look like it catered slightly more towards children than adults but he just kept hold of his boyfriends hand as they navigated through the entry and towards the moon exhibit. they entered it and the first room was decorated like a moon, a display designed for photos. the floor textured with rocks and a sandy dust with the walls painted like the night sky stars and the earth included. on a plinth slightly to one side was a small rock, the sign on the side stating that it was an actual moon rock, he could tell that a lot of work had gone into the design of it and it was well done. he was glad that it was a quiet day and there weren't a lot of children around. just one or two families at the other end of the exhibit which meant they had this little area to themselves for now. he pulled Lucas towards him holding him in a close embrace swaying slightly in time to the atmospheric music coming from speakers overhead closing the rest of the world off so in his mind it was just the two of them dancing and kissing on the moon.

Lucas apparated to the spot Linden had indicated, conjuring his smile back on his face before joining him. He took his hand, following him into the museum. It was a sweet idea, and so Linden. Lucas could just picture him planning it all out, researching museum exhibits and planning it all out in detail. The thought made his stomach clench a bit, for some reason.

They made their way to the first room that was decorated to look like the moon. Lucas smiled weakly as he looked around, reading the plaque next to the moon rock for a bit. It was a nice exhibit, though Lucas felt as if he couldn't fully appreciate it. It was nice that the museum was so empty, though. He didn't think he could handle screaming kids very well right now. Lucas was startled when Linden suddenly pulled him forward into an embrace, but he went with it. As they started to sway to the music, though, he felt himself tense a bit. They weren't completely alone, and Lucas couldn't help feeling strange about doing this in public. Anyone could walk into the room at any time. He pulled away after a few moments, shaking his head. "Sorry." He said, taking a few steps back. Then he cursed softly, putting his hands over his face. Realization hit him. He couldn't do this.

Linden had gotten carried away. So caught up in the moment caught up in his own feelings. He hadn’t left room for Lucas to be Lucas. But as the boy pulled away from him he felt a kind of gravity moving away from him like two satalites breaking apart. He resisted the urge to put his arm around Lucas and tell him it would all be okay. Clearly he needed space and time. Time and space two things that Lucas always seemed to need like a dispossessed time lord. This time he knew what he had done. He had gotten carried away and while they weren’t a secret at all this was rather intimate for a public space. that’s okay luc. I’m sorry too. Take what you need. If you want to go home or somewhere else we can do that he said. Taking a seat on one of the fibreglass rocks ready to let Lucas decide what they were going to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back