Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It was two days before the Yule Ball and with exams finally winding down, Alexis decided to mellow down in her favorite spot in the towers. No guitar this time, she left it at the dorms and decided to just bring a notebook and pen to write whatever came to her mind.

Joshua felt like his brain was going to swell up, all that studying was doing a number on him. He decided to take a break away from the books and visit the north tower. "Hey, Alexis," the teen greeted his best friend spotting her alone. "We've must've had the same idea, huh?" Joshua sits down beside her, smiling.

Alexis heard someone call her name and just before she turned to look, her best friend entered her vision and sat beside her. She smiled before giving him a quick hug. "Hey, Josh.", she laughed. "You too, huh? Thank heavens, exams are finally over." She looked outside. "Now, we have Yule Ball to look forward to." She looked back at him.

Joshua returns the quick friendly embrace, "Yes, and I have one more to go before I'm completely done," he sighs wishing he was done already. "We do? You do, I don't think I'm going," Joshua tells her. "I don't think it's right for me to go, maybe next year but not this year."

Alexis chuckled. "Well, I know you could do it.", she winked. She leaned on the wall, already thinking of the Yule Ball when Joshua said he was not going. "Why? Aren't you asking Yvette as your date?" The Ravenclaw may not be good friends with the Slytherin but it did not mean that her best friend could not ask her out. Joshua could also be the way to Yvette's change. Or at least.

Joshua gives his best friend a wary smile, nodding. "Thanks," he responds quietly. Joshua turns his eyes over to the scene before them. It was a lovely, summer night. Not too cold, not too hot. Just right. "No, I don't think she feels the same way about me, at least that's what I gather. And...there something I need to know before I can pursuit her the right way..."

Alexis sighed contentedly. Being in a place like this on a day like this was one of her favorite days. Either with Xavier or Joshua, she was already happy. Dinner was in a couple of hours and both Ravenclaws were just enjoying a quiet evening. Her blue eyes were questioning Joshua at his words. "She doesn't? I don't think so. She's just being Yvette.", she lightly laughed. "You need to know something... What do you mean?", she asked.

Joshua felt his nerves jump from zero to a hundred real quick. Joshua blinks, he stares ahead to take in the view presented to them. Was he going to ruin their friendship all in just one breath? There no way of predicting what will happen to them once he did. No pros or cons list can help him now. "Something that's been bugging me for a while, I guess...I need to know there not someone else..."

Joshua was being weird today. They had been best friends for years already which made Alexis already observant to his facial expressions. Clearly something's been bugging him and she did not want that. She scooted closer, not breaking eye contact. "Come on, Joshy. Just tell me already. Is it about Yvette?", she asked, all ready to storm over to the Slytherin if it came to that.

Joshua shook his head, dropping his gaze instantly. He said too much, this wasn't worth losing his best friend since their sorting year. It wasn't, but then again...this will drive him insane without knowing there may be something there. "It's not Yvette...it's someone else. Someone I've known for years..." Joshua peers up, she was so close. Closer than before, and his heart was ready to jump out of his chest at any second.

Alexis got confused already. If it was not Yvette and he had known this person for years, this could just mean a lot of people in their year. Sure, she was one of those people. Maybe it could be somebody in their team or in HM. "Do I know her? From our team? From HM?", she was full of questions already. "You know, Joshy, the suspense is killing me already.", she joked. She never thought Joshua could be saying intriguing things already.

He just had to know...it was now or never. Joshua, a boy who questions everything in his life would do something on impulse or by chance. Like quidditch. But, unlike quidditch, this can very much end a good friendship. Joshua blinks, his heart beating fast. Joshua blinks, then leans over to kiss his best friend right on the lips. It was by chance and he took it and gave it his all just to know.

Alexis watched as her best friend seemed to have an internal battle. She knew Joshua. He questioned everything. The only time she knew he decided on something new was to join the Quidditch team. But everything else needed to be thought through by him. He blinked. She waited for him to speak when in a blink of an eye, Joshua leaned in toward her. The next thing she knew was the feeling of his lips on hers. Joshua Toubia. Her best friend for six years. One of her favorite people in school. Joshua kissed her and she was too stunned to move away or do anything else. She had to be honest with herself, his lips were soft. Her best friend was cute and all but he was like her brother. Then again, she was still there, unmoved with his lips on hers and her blue eyes wide open in shock.

Last edited:
Xavier could not be any happier that exams were over, and the yule ball was just a couple of days away. He knew he’d go with Alexis, because they were together and there wasn’t a doubt in his mind that she felt as excited about the dance as he was. Not that the hufflepuff felt extreme joy out of a dance, as he had experienced many of them throughout the past six years, but he was looking forward to it nonetheless. Xavier was on his way back from the owlery, having just sent a few letters home to his father and sister to let them know when Xavier, Sam and Sabrina would be going home again. It was barely a week from now, and the boy needed a break from school. On his way down the stairs however he saw a sight that made his heart stop. What the...what was happening? Was that Alexis? Kissing her best friend? Unusual anger boiled inside him, but he couldn’t move. His breathing became heavier and he started to shake. How could she do this to him?!​

When everything sank in on what transpired, Alexis pulled away from Joshua and his kiss. Her eyes widened as she stared at her best friend, words unspoken between them. "Josh, wh-", she started to say but noticed presence by the stairs leading to the owlery. Thinking it was another student, she turned but was stunned at who it was. The only person she did not want to witness what happened, not that she would not tell him. "Xavier!", she jumped from her seat, torn between approaching her boyfriend and staying put. Her heart beat fast, wondering what he would do to her best friend.

It took a frightful second to take that giant leap, and at the moment he was glad he took it. The ‘what if’s’ would’ve driven him crazy for maybe the rest of his life. Her lips were soft and sweet like honey, but, he felt only their friendship and nothing more. He couldn’t get past that stage and it confirmed to him that there was nothing else there. He pulled away, as he did the last person that he wouldn’t like to see witnessing this moment besides Yvette, was Xavier. Joshua, as nervous as he was to see the Hufflepuff he bravely stepped forward. Or he tries to appear to at least, “Xavier, it’s not her fault it’s mine. I kissed her.”

The look on his girlfriend’s face made him think whether she had been in on this too, but when he came to his senses and out of the shock of what had just happened he could see that there was something else on her expression - something that resembled surprise. And on their special spot too! This seemed...unforgivable, somehow. His heart was pounding in his chest, but not for the right reasons. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do. He obviously wanted an apology, but would that be enough? Probably not. He glared at Joshua when he stepped forward and defended Alexis, saying it was his fault. Well, the hufflepuff certainly believed that. Without thinking, Xavier took a few strides and was in front of the Ravenclaw in seconds. "Damn right it is," he said, before his hand clenched into a fist and connected with the other boy’s jaw. How dare he make a move on his girlfriend.​

Alexis' heart beat faster than ever. Even when she was on her Quidditch tryouts and games. Her heart also broke at what she saw on Xavier's face. The shock and hurt were visible as he took in the scene. That was when she realized that her favorite spot in the tower was where everything started. The rose. Their first kiss. Her eyes stung of the tears threatening to fall. She was about to take a step toward her boyfriend when Joshua stepped forward, taking the blame. She looked at her best friend. He was still her best friend. That would never change nor fade. "Josh...", she whispered softly just as footsteps made her look back at Xavier. Her boyfriend, always the gentle one, was hurt and angry. In just a matter of seconds, he was in front of Joshua and, just before she could come between them, landed his fist on the Ravenclaw's jaw. "Xavier, no!", she rushed to him, grabbing his arm. Her blue eyes pleaded, no words came out of her lips. He was too angry to be reasoned with at that moment. Looking back at her best friend, she noticed his lip bled making her went over to him to inspect.

Angel didn't often get to spend a lot of time just wandering the castle. But right now, he had the inexplicable urge to be about as far away from his office and all his exam marking as he could physically be. Rounding the corner, Angel had to suppress a groan when it seemed like he'd walked into some sort of student drama. Before he could turn to go the other way, one of the boys wound up and punched what looked like Joshua Toubia square on the jaw. "Oh for f-" Angel strode over, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Alright, break it up, come on what's wrong with you. You're wizards for Merlin's sake, at least hex someone like an adult if you're going to get even," Angel said in a huff, moving to separate the two boys. First years throwing punches he could understand, they didn't know any better, but Alexis and Joshua were 6th years, and the Hufflepuff looked to be about that age too, all too old for this sort of thing.

"You, Hufflepuff," He said, pointing to the puncher, "50 points, and you can expect to hear from Professor Carter later. Now scram," He said, shooing him away. Angel hated feeling like a hardass, but he could understand now how the other professors could dole out punishments and reprimands so easily. These kids just wore you down. "Alexis, I suggest you pick a side or vámonos as well," He said, pointing between the two boys and leveling her with a disappointed look which came unnervingly easily. It was genuine disappointment too, to his surprise, Alexis was one of his top kids in his class, and he figured she was smart enough to stay away from trouble like this. "Now, let's look at you, he got you pretty good, huh." He said, finally turning to Joshua, who was nursing a nasty split lip. It would probably be best to take a trip to the hospital wing for that one.

Joshua staggers backward, the fist connected to his jaw and some parts of his lips. He couldn’t tell at first, and if he was correct how the hit landed he couldn’t see how that was logically possible. It made no sense, yet, he stood there with his lips bleeding and some red bruising to the jaw area. Joshua did not retaliate, he wouldn’t be able to as a Professor Castillo caught some of the ordeals in action. Joshua hissed, even if he was given the chance to retaliate the teen didn’t have it in him to fight back. He felt he deserved it, however, Professor Castillo wasn’t so helpful with the suggestions of hexes. “Professor, n-no, I rather take a fist than a hex any day,” Joshua jokes through the pain. He tells Alexis to go after Xavier, he was the cause of their trouble. He had nothing else to stay to her.

Joshua nods at the professor, he would taste the blood from his lips. It’s like they said, that blood left a metallic taste in your mouth. Joshua got more than what he bargained for that kiss, he still deciding if it was worth it or not. Joshua heavily sighs, leaning against the brick, cool walls. He tries to wipe some of the blood away, and it only made him hissed in pain. “¿Me puedes ayudar?" Joshua would request his help in Spanish, it’s the first time in a long time since he spoke the language in front of anyone. Maybe that punch did something to him, he didn’t seem to mind speaking in his mother’s native tongue. “If you don’t mind, thanks, professor…”

If Alexis was surprised at the kiss and more surprised at the punch, nothing prepared her for the arrival of Prof. Castillo. He looked at her with disappointed eyes making her look down, not meeting his gaze. She already expected the points deduction but fifty?! She wanted to stay put but Joshua told her to go after Xavier. With a final look at his face, she went back to her boyfriend's side, took his hand and led him to a farther end of the owlery. She faced him and waited for him to burst out. It would be better if he spoke first because honestly, she was not at fault here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back