Time Together

Asher Lurken

Wand
Zebra Wood 10" with essence of unicorn hair
Asher held Noah's hand and walked slowly toward the gardens. She could feel his warmth traveling through her arm. "I'm sorry I was kind of a burden in the forest...you must think I'm a coward..." she said with a shy smile.

Noah continued to have his hand intertwined with Asher's "A coward" he said looking at her. "I could never think something like that about you" Noah said "I mean you still went into the forest like the rest of us and dealt with those many spiders" Noah said laughing slightly in a good hearted fashion. "Plus you could never be a burden" he added.

Asher blushed and looked down at her feet. "I'm glad you came with us." she said squeezing his hand. "I feel like I never get to see you enough." she commented. After she said it she looked up at Noah, she hadn't meant to say anything to make him feel bad. She knew he was busy...she was proud of how hard he worked.

Noah noticed Asher blush and he smiled to herself. She blushed a lot around him. Noah didn't know if it was a good thing or not. He hoped it was though. "Well I had fun. Plus I didn't want you to be the third wheel along with Nina and Alex" Noah said smiling thinking about the two of them for a tiny second before turning his attention back to Asher.

"I know" Noah said when she commented on rarely seeing him. "Life is on the busy side" Noah said realizing that he was just making an excuse even though the excuse was true. "Sorry" he added with a small smile "I have to learn to stop making so many excuses and start doing something about it" He said looking at her at of the corner of his eye, he couldn't help it. "I will have to make more time" he added "Cause I don't think I can do too well in classes if my head is full of thoughts of you" Noah said smiling to himself Did I just really say that Noah thought God she was think I'm a complete dork now He thought hoping that Asher did not think that at all.

Asher chuckled. "I know the feeling...I've been somewhat distracted in my classes as well." She glanced at Noah. She hadn't stopped thinking about him once, but it made her feel wonderful...and it made her feel even better to know that he was going through the same thing. "Don't be sorry though, I'm very proud of how hard you work."

Noah smiled. she had been distracted at well He thought happily. Maybe he wasn't as hopeless as he thought. And if so they could be hopeless losers together. That thought made her laugh a small bit. "Thanks though" He said "But I should really make time for more important matters" He added as he squeezed Asher's hand gently. He glanced over at her for seconds just long enough to catch her eye. It was hard for Noah not to catch her eye every now and then. It was like a necessity anymore.

"I wish you were a fifth year" He said smiling at her. "Then we would have the same classes and we could spend time with each other" He added. It would be nice to spend a class with Asher instead he had to spend it with Sakura and Isabella who both seemed to have an intense hatred towards him now. That was really a pitty too.

Asher grinned up at Noah. "I wish I was a fifth year too, I love spending time with you." Asher's eyes danced as she looked at him. Asher loosened her grip on Noah's hand and moved her arm around Noah's waist gently. She needed to be closer to him.

"You should just skip a year No one would notice" Noah said smiling as he glanced over her direction again. How could he not. Then Asher seemed to wrap herself around his waist. Noah could only smile. How it would be nice if she was a fifth year but maybe it was this way for a reason. It didn't really matter for they were in the same house and got to see eachother then. They would probably be able to see each other more when they got back home and the vision of Owls coming up left Noah's mind completely.

Asher giggled. "Or you could just wait for me..." she teased. Asher noticed a small bench and led Noah to sit with her. She leaned her head on his shoulder and smiled.

"Oh yes waiting a year would be the best choice" Noah said smiling "A whole other chance to take OWLS I'm thrilled" He teased back. Then he saw a bench. He was going to ask Asher if she wanted to sit down but she did already. Noah sat down beside her and he felt her head on his shoulder.

Moments like these really made Noah believe that she truely liked him. Noah knew that he should not doubt it. Asher never gave him any reason to doubt that she didn't truly like him, but Noah being the guy he was doubted everything. Though it was times like this as they both sat in the garden where he could literally hear her heart beat that he truly knew.

"We need a garden back home" Noah said smiling as he looked down at her.

Asher smiled wider. "We do...its so pretty here, and peaceful." she sighed. Not to mention romantic... Asher laced her fingers with Noah's once again and softly stroked his hand with her thumb.

Oh good we really don't have one at home Noah thought smiling. He wasn't quite sure and as much as he racked his brains he could not remember exactly. Now he was not just 98 percent sure they didn't he was one hundred percent sure. "Yeah it is peaceful" Noah said And pretty much romantic as Noah thought as he felt Asher's fingers intertwine with his.

"I surprised more people arn't around here" Noah said people instead of what he really was thinking which was couples. Noah looked around for a second to see not a person before he glanced right back over at Asher. "I'm glad though" He said staring into her eyes.

Asher's eyes met Noah's. "I don't mind that no one is here. I don't want to see anyone but you anyway." As she spoke Asher smiled and her cheeks turned pink, but she didn't break her gaze into Noah's eyes.

"Oh really" Noah said a smile set in place on his face "No one but me" Noah said not looking away "Don't you think you would get sick of me soon or a later" Noah added with a small laugh. He knew or at least he hoped he knew this wasn't true.

"So are you thinking about the yule ball" Noah said. This would be one of those moments if Noah blushed he would. It just seemed like the place. The yule ball had been playing in Noah's mind for the longest time and the question just seemed to come out. No he did not exactly ask her to go with him but more of a are you going at all sort of thing. Hopefully this would set the bridge for him later on.

"You know I would never be sick of you..." she said warmly.

Asher's stomach filled with butterflies as Noah brought up the Yule Ball. "I was hoping to go...with someone special." she said quietly breaking her lock on Noah's eyes and staring at their interlocked hands. She was so nervous.

"I hope you can keep that promise" Noah said smiling. Some how he knew that she could. The eye contact was broken when the yule ball was brought up. Noah looked out over the garden looking at this certain red flower that looked much like a muggle rose.

"Going with someone special" Noah repeated. He hoped that meant him. Oh what a blow it would be if it wasn't him she had in mind. Though deep down Noah probably deserved that wasn't it the same thing he did to Sakura. Though he didn't want to bring up those emotions. After the fight in the forest he was trying to surpress those.

"Well I was hoping to do the same" Noah said looking over at her then looking at that flower once more. There was really nothing special about the flower he was just trying to focus on something. He was not the best at asking questions like this, he never was.

"Well I hope I am that someone special" Noah said "Cause I was wondering if you would go with me" He said almost in a question form. It was as close as Noah could get it. He was just so nervous asking things like this then his words got tangled up. For noah's sake that was actually a good way to ask it. He didn't even mess up. Noah glanced over at her then down at their hands.

Asher looked up at Noah when he asked her to go to the Yule Ball with him. She saw that he was looking at their hands too. Asher placed a finger under Noah's chin and brought his eyes to hers. "Noah, of course you're the someone special, and I would love to go to the Yule Ball with you." Asher smiled sweetly and her eyes sparkled.

Noah felt Asher moving his chin up so that their eyes meet. she said that she would go to the ball with him. Noah almost sighed in relief but realized that that probably would not have been the best move. "Great" He said "I mean wonderful" Noah said as his words began to tie up in his mouth. Noah just looked at Asher "I'm looking forward to it now" He said

"You know this means I actually have to wear a dress robe. Scary thought" Noah said laughing slightly.

Asher smiled brightly as Noah became tongue tied. "I'm looking forward to it too." she said softly.

Asher giggled. "Well, you do know this means I have to wear a dress...be warned, I look hideous in dresses." she said seriously.

Noah smiled back hoping his words would sound better actually coming out of his mouth, well as good at least as they sounded when he was thinking about what to say.

"Oh shut up" Noah said smiling "I bet you look absolutely amazing in a dress. You look absolutely amazing now anyway." Noah said "it's coming sense you can't go from amazing to hideous. It's not possible at least not for you" Noah finished up.

Asher's eye's locked onto Noah's and her heart melted. "Thank you...you're the only person who has ever said that I look nice." she said shyly, but her gaze was strong.

Noah looked at her, a flash of disbelief went across his eyes if only for a second. "You're joking right?" Noah said "No one has ever told you that you look nice?" He continued smiling as he spoke. It was hard not to smile. "Well I doubt that you must have just been tuning everyone out" Noah finished

It couldn't be possible that no one had ever complimented Asher before, well at least to Noah it couldn't have been possible.

"No, its the truth. I've never really had anyone in my life who felt it necessary to compliment me." she said softly. She looked down, away from Noah's eyes. "I always knew I wasn't anything special."

Noah looked at her taking in what she had just said. "Well you know what" Noah began as he gently lifted her chin up with his hand so that they were staring eye level. "That is not true" Noah continued.

"No matter how many compliments you do or do not get, which let me tell you should be increasing in number" Noah smiled "You are extremely special and just wonderful" Noah said. It was true. Noah saw no reason for her to look down on herself saying that she wasn't anything special. There was no use lying to herself. She should know that she was a lot of wonderful things Noah couldn't even discribe them all.

Asher met Noah's eyes. Her misted as she smiled. "Thank you..." she said softly. She could feel the honesty in Noah's words and it warmed her heart. She felt the happy tears roll down her cheeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back