OOC First Name
Deniss
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
It was getting late and it was past students bedtime, yet Aiden couldn't fall asleep. He was thinking about these past weeks and Aiden was really happy with how everything was happening during his time here. Aiden had already been in the forest, he spent his time even studying, playing games around the castle with other students. While slowly falling deep into his thoughts, he couldn't sleep and all of suddenly he realised that Aiden wants to eat. He slowly grabbed his shoes, put them on and very quietly tried to get out of his dormitory to head to the kitchen. Aiden didn't turn the light on anywhere, he held his wand in front of him and cast "Lumos". When he managed to get to the kitchen, Aiden was looking all around to find where he could find any snacks as he hasn't really been down here just yet.

Adorah was never one to break the rules. Even the thought of losing house points or getting in trouble caused her heart to beat quickly in her chest. However, she had been getting sick the past few weeks, and today, she had slept through lunch and dinner. She was starving. Maybe if she were really quiet, she would be able to go to the kitchens and grab a snack. She had heard of other students doing it, and they all hadn't been caught. Maybe Adorah would be lucky today. From now on, she would make sure she had snacks in her dorm. She slid quietly out of her bed, threw on her robe and slippers, and made her way to the Common Room. Maybe she would be able to convince whoever caught her that she was doing some extra studying for Astronomy. Maybe not. The professors or prefects were sure to know everyone's schedule, and at this point, it would be pretty late to be studying for even that. She slid past the portrait and pulled out her wand. "Lumos," she whispered. She tiptoed down each staircase, making sure she was aware of any sudden movement that would lead her onto the wrong path. Did the staircases move at night? That question was answered as she was about to take a step onto the bottom platform. The staircase began to move to the left, and Adorah leaped forward so she wouldn't travel with it. Her feet hung off the edge as she fell onto her stomach. She brought herself back to standing position and took a breath. Was food really worth it? Her stomach growled and urged her to move forward.

Eventually, her travels led her to the kitchen entrance. She opened the door quietly and whispered, "Nox." She began to walk forward until she noticed a boy about her age standing in front of her. She recognized him as the boy from Transfiguration and Flying - he was in her house, but she still didn't know his name. She suddenly paniced at the thought of both of them being caught out of bed after hours. She walked forward and whispered a little too loudly. "If we both get caught down here, we are going to lose our house a lot of points." She looked at the shelf the boy was near and noticed some fruit, grabbing herself a banana and pear.

Aiden was feeling pretty good as he finally got a chance to be at the kitchen on his own and trying to find something to eat. He managed to find an apple and he started to eat it, just at the moment when a girl from his house entered the kitchen too. He didn't quite catch her name just yet, but right when he started to think about that, girl immediately mentioned that they both could lose their house some points. Was that really the matter at this time? - Yeah, but.. food is more important, isn't it? He smiled. - I mean, we have to eat if we want to. Aiden was pretty sure that if they would meet a professor that late in the kitchen or any Hogwarts Staff member, he would definitely be sure to explain himself and the girl being in the kitchen that late. It wasn't his fault that he wanted to eat and his stomach started talking to him.

He took few bites of the apple and looked at the girl who also found some fruits.
- Oh, I'm Aiden. Pretty sure we both didn't catch each other's name. He said with a smile on his face and putting his hand in front of him for the girl to shake. Aiden wanted to enjoy this time on his own, being in the kitchen and thinking about some things that were going through his mind, but probably this wasn't meant to be. He took another bite of the apple. - So, how you decided to come here that late? He looked at the girl.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for taking that long.

Adorah opened the banana as a boy spoke to her and took a bite. She was very hungry, but the idea of hanging out down here any longer made her worry. She really didn't want to lose house points - all she wanted was food. Her stomach grumbled and she looked around to see if there were any leftovers from dinner. She wondered what exactly they did with leftovers at Hogwarts - maybe they magically disappeared. "My name's Adorah," she replied begrudingly to Adrian. She didn't know why she was in such a bad mood about the whole situation, but she was. "I've been sick and missed two meals today." She walked over to an area that had a variety of breads and took a few slices of pumpernickel off the shelf. She realized that they both were in the wrong in this situation, and putting any more blame on Adrian just made her look bad. She sighed and turned to him. "And the reason you are out so late?" She went on a search for cheese as she awaited his answer and took another bite of banana.

Aiden smiled as the girl introduced herself. Adorah. He was surprised that someone else from Ravenclaw, a house that's supposed to be the smartest of them all, was wandering around in the kitchen that late and were clearly looking for some trouble as they weren't able to actually be here that late and anyone could easily notice them. Aiden hoped that it wouldn't happen as he didn't want to lose his house any points during his first year and this wasn't that bad, was it? After all, they just wanted to grab something to eat. Taking banana and starting to peel it, Adorah mentioned sickness. - Sick? Are you okay now? He smiled.

- I just wanted to eat, I guess? That's a good reason, isn't it? Aiden started eating the banana that he was just peeling and watched the girl as she was clearly looking for something. - As we probably anyways will have to go back together and we anyways don't have to hurry anymore, how's Hogwarts been for you so far? Aiden smiled, taking another bite of his banana. He wasn't feeling tired at all and he wanted to talk, after all - how he could not use a chance to get to know his other first years from his house that he didn't have a chance to talk to?

Adorah stuffed all the food in her hand in the pockets of her robe and faced Aiden. "Yes, I've been sick. I've been feeling a little better now, but I doubt I'll be completely better tomorrow. It didn't help that I haven't eaten all day." She looked for a bottle of water, picked it up, and pulled her wand out of her pocket. She was ready to head back to the Ravenclaw Common Room so she could eat her food when Aiden asked her how her year was going so far. She gave him a weird look and eyed him up and down. This boy seemed to have no consideration for the rules. They could easily have this conversation in a more appropriate time and place. Maybe this was just how boys thought? "It's been okay, mostly busy with all the homework. Isn't this a conversation we could have in the common room?" She looked around as she heard a pan clatter. It was probably just a house elf, but she wondered if they would report any students in the kitchens to the professors. She knew her nerves were on edge, but she couldn't help it. She had never snuck out. She should have just waited until breakfast for food.

Aiden looked at Adorah as she put all the food in her robe pocket. - You think that by having food near you all the time will help you? He started - Have you visited the Hospital Wig? Aiden smiled, hoping that the girl would react positively to this though as that could really help her. Aiden wasn't the one who liked visiting any kind of doctors, so he'd rather keep away from that and he started wondering, maybe she felt the same way as he did. Aiden quite didn't understand why she looked at the boy from up and down and then answered his question, in the end actually saying that they shouldn't be here. - Homework? You're actually doing all of it? Aiden looked with big eyes at the girl - Maybe, but then again.. would that be interesting? Aiden laughed a little bit, then taking another banana from the shelf and slowly started peeling it.

Adorah huffed to herself at the boy's responses. Why was he being so obnoxious? She crossed her arms and responsed, "No, I haven't visited the hospital wing. I don't think I'm that sick - just a little stomach bug or something." Maybe that would deter him from talking to her anymore. However, she wasn't able to stand by at his comment about homework. "Aren't you a Ravenclaw? How could you not be doing any homework?" She was flabbergasted by the idea that an individual the sorting hat deemed worthy of being in this house wouldn't be concerned with schoolwork.

She turned around and began to walk towards the exit, hoping Aiden would follow her. Suddenly, she stopped in her path sighed. She knew she was hangry, and it was probably easier to just sit here and finish her food. She turned around and looked at the boy, gesturing to a table. "Why don't we just sit down and eat our food. We wouldn't want to wake anyone up with our loud chomping, now would we?" She slid onto a bench, pulled the cheese, bread, water, and fruit out of her pockets, and set it on the table.

He kept a poker face as Adorah mentioned her possibly being a little sick. As she mentioned him being in Ravenclaw and asked about homework, Aiden laughed a bit, took a bite of his banana and then looked at Adorah. - I am, but what does that change? Aiden took another bite. - Just because I'm in Ravenclaw doesn't mean I'm supposed to do all the homework. What Aiden didn't understand is why all Ravenclaw's were supposed to be smart and do everything correctly, don't cause any rule-breaking. - I mean, if you're in Ravenclaw, by your thinking, you and I shouldn't be here either, right? He hoped that the girl would understand why he said that. Aiden looked at the girl as she began walking out of the kitchen all of sudden stopping and then staying in the room and finding a seat. He laughed a little bit as she took out all the food out of her pockets. - Good thinking, Adorah. And wow, you've put so much in your pockets! You're probably really hungry. He said, finishing his banana and looking to find something else before taking something from what Adorah has just put on the table.

When Aiden responded to Adorah's retort witha question, she became a little flustered. "Being in Ravenclaw doesn't mean we're perfect, I suppose, but I feel like we're definitely held to higher standards with academics than other houses." She began nibbling on her bread and cheese and felt some of the hunger pains disappate. She took a sip of the water and listened as Aiden continued to speak. She looked at all the food she had just pulled out of her pockets and gave a small laugh, as well. It was a lot of food, but she hadn't been able to keep anything down in at least 48 hours. "Yeah, but I'm famished. I'm sure I'll eat all of it," she said smiling, finishing up the cheese she had taken. "So, besides not doing your homework, how are you liking school so far?" She gave him a smirk and took a bite out of the pear. The more she ate, the better and less anxious she felt about being out of dorm this late.

Aiden was taking final bites from his banana, drinking a bit of a water afterwards and throwing banana leftovers out, he listened to Adorah talking about Ravenclaw standards. - Well, of course, but then again.. I don't think that everyone should look as if Ravenclaw was the smartest house. I mean, if we really would hold up to higher standards with academics, if we're the ones who help professors the most and so on, then why we don't win the house cup every year? Aiden had this question in mind for quite a while, hoping that it would also cause a little of confusion to Adorah, as Aiden couldn't figure the answer to this question. Everyone was saying that Ravenclaw was smart and so on, but why they didn't win the house cup every year?

As he looked at her eating, Aiden realised that he wants to eat something else. He grabbed a bread, put few slices of cheese on it and started slowly eating. -
Well, good luck with that. Aiden said, laughing a little bit and waiting to see how the girl will eat all of it. - School is cool, people around here are mostly cool. He said - You?

Adorah thought about Aiden's comments while she munched on her pear. It was true that if everyone did their work that Ravenclaw would definitely pull ahead, but there were so many other circumstances that affected house points. "I'm not saying Ravenclaws are perfect, but we should at least try to abide by these standards, shouldn't we?" She was always afraid of not meeting the expectations set upon her, and she wasn't sure how this boy was okay with just getting by. Thinking about this started to make her stress levels rise again and feel the need to return to the dormitory soon. She tried to push the thoughts aside as Aiden continued to talk. She finished her pear and started on her last piece of fruit, eating quickly so she had a reason to make her way back to bed. She started to look around and see if there were any other students hiding in the corners or even a house elf. It would make her feel better knowing others were out at night. She was looking towards to door when Aiden asked her how she liked school. "Oh, it's okay. A bit boring. Busy. Lots of studying," she said, fiddling with the core of her finished pear. "I finished all my food. Are you finished? We could make our way back up together." She hoped using the word "together" would persuade him to leave the Kitchens and head back to a place where they could not get into trouble.

Aiden noticed that his thoughts about Ravenclaw being the smartest house yet not winning house points made Adorah think about it. He smiled as she made her comment about that. - Probably. Aiden said - But I don't think what house we're in should define ourselves. We make the definition of who we are not our house.. Aiden said, still smiling and looking at the girl. He grabbed another banana and started slowly peeling it, he felt pretty full already but he decided that there was no reason to hurry, as they were anyways here and going up now wouldn't increase or decrease their chances of being caught by a staff member or a professor. What he noticed is that Adorah felt bad about being here that late again as he asked if he's finished so they could make their way back together. - I see you're really trying to live up to Ravenclaw standards. Why do you think it's worth it? Aiden said - I mean, we can go back, if you really want to. He said, taking first bite of his newly peeled banana.

Bronch was feeling that he shouldn't be going to sleep and there was a lot of stuff that he had to do. Curfew was the exact perfect time in kitchen when no one was there and it was quiet, he could do all his duties and everything he planned without anyone interrupting him or being loud. Before entering the kitchen, he heard some voices talking in the kitchen and those voices clearly wasn't adults, he'd recognise a professor, a Staff member or another elf. He slowly walked in the kitchen, looking at both students and noticed that they both are eating. "You shouldn't be here.. What are you doing here? And you're from Ravenclaw?!" Bronch Its said with a surprised voice and a surprised face expression. He never thought that kids from Ravenclaw would break rules and be out after they should be sleeping in their dormitories.

Adorah thought about Aiden's question and ended up splitting the core of her pear in half. She looked for a napkin to wipe up the mess and saw a dirty towel sitting on a nearby counter. She grabbed it, trying not to look at Aiden, as she was still thinking, and wipe up the mess, dumping the core in the trash. She took a seat and huffed. She had always followed the rules - it was in her nature, ever since the incident that caused her family to move half way across the world. She fiddled with her fingers. "I don't know," she said, pausing. "I think I'm just afraid of screwing things up again. I want to make things right." She said it before she could stop herself and knew that it would lead to more questions, but before Aiden could answer, a house elf appeared before them, scolding them for being in the kitchens. Her eyes widened as her heartbeat sped up. "I'm sorry, sir! We were just grabbing some food, but we should definitely get going, right?" she said, trying to lock eyes with Aiden. She was sure the house elf would report them being down here if they were caught, and she didn't want to lose her house points, as they were currently ahead and may just secure the House Cup this year.

- Afraid of screwing things up again? What did you screw before, if that's not a secret? Aiden looked at the girl, hoping to get an answer as that seemed like an interesting topic to talk about. Adorah mentioned wanting to make things right again and Aiden wondered what did that mean. Of course, everyone made mistakes but mistakes were just a proof that you're doing something. As they were talking and eating, Aiden noticed a house elf suddenly appearing in the kitchen and making drama about them being in the kitchen. So what? All they wanted to do was just get some food and how could that lead to any trouble? - What do you mean we shouldn't be there? Aiden looked at the elf with a little lost face - Food is important part of our lives, so what that we're from Ravenclaw?

Bronch was waiting for the answers from the kids. He was pretty surprised that the girl called him sir. - Sir? No one has called me that for a loong time.. He gave the girl a little smile. Bronch figured out that they were probably first years as rarely people treated house elves with respect or called them "sir'. Bronch looked at the boy as he tried to prove that they aren't doing nothing bad. Elf decided not to take part in all of this as he didn't want to have a discussion with them and then be the one blamed for not informing a member of a Staff or a professor that there are kids in the kitchen after curfew. Bronch just decided to get out of the kitchen, not saying anything..

Adorah heard Aiden's response but didn't answer it as the house elf debacle was going on. She was surprised how the house elf reacted to her calling him sir. He was obviously older than she was. She had never really interacted with a house elf - maybe calling one sir was disrespectful. She shrugged the worry aside as the creature left and looked at Aiden. "I don't know about you, but I'm going to head back up to the towers. You can either come with me or risk being caught on your own." She wasn't sure if it would be worse if they were caught together or separately, but the longer they stayed, the more she felt like she was risking a lot of points. She crossed her arms and continued to look at the Ravenclaw. "So, what do you think?" she asked softly.

Aiden was getting a bit worried as the elf just went somewhere. That probably was a signal that they should get going. Not that Aiden was scared, he didn't want to lose Ravenclaw any points during his first years. Knowing that that would mean having to talk to his prefects about his behaviour, he decided to agree with Adorah on this one. - Yeah, I'm going with you.. He said. - I think it's time, I don't want to lose any points in my first year. Aiden said, grabbing two bananas in his left hand and almost going out of the kitchen, right before going out heading back inside and taking another banana with him in right hand, just in case.. so he wouldn't have to return and feel that he didn't eat enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back