Three in the morning

Luna Paramore

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" with a Essence of Phoenix Ash
Luna had been sound asleep in her dorm when she was awakened by a rather loud growl. She quickly sat up in bed, slightly disoriented and wondered what could have possibly made that noise. She was fully awake by the time she heard it again and almost slapped herself when she realized that it had been her stomach. She looked over at the clock, She still had three hours until breakfast! Her stomach gave a growl in protest, "You win..." she muttered looking at her Pajama clad self in the mirror. It wasn't like she was going to be seeing anybody anyways, so she quickly put on her quietest slippers, grabbed her wand, and made her way down to the kitchens for an extremely early breakfast.

She got down to the kitchens and looked around, not extremely sure what to make. She soon found herself surrounded by over eager house elves. "Erm, no thanks you guys. I can find something myself. Thanks for offering though." she said trying to be as nice as possible. Once she had convinced them she was indeed fine she looked around to find the basics for Pancakes... She hadn't had actual homemade pancakes in a long time and she had gotten decent at cooking them when she was home. She licked her lips at the thought of having some more and hoped she didn't get caught.

Angus shot straight up in bed, starving. This is what I get for skipping out on dinner. He sighed. 3am. He wasn't going to get back to sleep until he ate, and he wasn't going to eat for another couple of hours. To the Kitchens I go, he thought, slipping quietly out of bed and putting on his bathrobe.

Padding through the common room and through the dungeons in his thick, grey socks, Angus reached the entrance to the kitchens. He smiled as he remembered last Halloween - he'd been caught by Violet's room mate, Lemina, but Isabella had talked her in to letting them (the two of them plus Annamarie) get food, given that the Halloween food was inedible.

He entered the kitchens, and smiled broadly as he noticed someone very familiar who'd also got attacked by hunger at this time of the morning. He thanked (and dismissed) the house elves who came over to help and then approached Luna. "Miss Paramore, what, may I ask, are you doing here at this time of the morning?"

Luna heard quiet footsteps but wrote it off as a house elf somewhere starting breakfast. Who knows how long it took to cook that much food even for a bunch of house elves. "Aha..." she whipsered to herself in satisfaction as she found a large bag of flour. She put it on the coun ter and quickly spotted some eggs which she almost dropped when she heard a familiar voice address her. She layed the eggs next to the flour and tugged the bottom of the small shirt down a bit and quickly spinned around. "Angus!" she exclaimed in a whisper her eyes wide "You scared the crap out of me!" she said giving him a small push as payback. "I could ask you the same thing Mister Greenwood." she said in a normal voice once the inital shock had worn off.

Angus grinned at Luna, and took a bow. "I try my best. At least I'm not wearing makeup now." He grinned again, remembering Halloween. He really needed a manlier look, next year. He playfully gave Luna a gentle push back when she pushed him. "I'm guessing that you, like me, happen to be starving to death." His eyes chanced upon the eggs and flour Luna had laid out. "So, what's cooking, master chef?"

Luna laughed, "Yes, glitter and then make up... What are you going to be next year? A male figure skater?" she joked sticking her tounge out playfully at him before laughing again. "Yeah, I didn't exactly mean to skip dinner... It's just I was reading and before I knew it it was midnight." she admitted sheepishly, she always got absorbed into a book or even her own thoughts. "Panc-" she cut herself off, she had oriinally wanted pancakes but she just got a sweet tooth. "I was going to make pancakes, but now I want something sweet." she said licking her lips "Yes, something sweet." she repeated

"Male figure skater...I hadn't thought of that one!" Angus muttered, looking thoughtful. "No way am I wearing a skin tight suit, 'kay thanks." He laughed at the very thought of it. "Much the same here. I was catching up on homework, then I felt like playing guitar...then I kind of, you know, lost track of time," he muttered sheepishly, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "Pancakes would have been good, but something sweet? We could make a cake or something?" he shrugged. His aunt was a brilliant cook, and he'd picked up some things in his years of living with her. Not much, but enough to know how to make a cake.

Luna started laughing "You don't want all the girls checking out your body?" she asked in fake shock before laughing again. When he mentioned he got lost laying guitar Luna sighed, she had wanted to learn how to play the guitar for a while now. " I wish I knew how to play... I get lost in the piano but to play guitar would be awesome." she said before an idea came upon her. "Cake? Oh thats perfect!" she said scrambling around the kitchen quickly getting all of the ingredients for a dreamsickle cake. She had made this one enough times to have a basic idea of how to make one. "Wanna make a dreamsickle cake?" she asked as she pulled a bottle of orange extract out of a nearby cabinet. She figured they'd make the icing for it while the cake was baking if he wanted to do it.

Angus laughed. "As much as I'd love that...no. But hey. I could totally help you learn guitar sometime, if you wanted," he added, with an earnest smile. "Although I'm not brilliant or anything." His eyes widened as Luna raced around the kitchen. "Um, sure...what's a dreamsickle cake?" he asked, scratching the back of his head in confusion.

"I'd like that." she said "But you don't need to go out of your way for me Angus." she quickly added, he probably had better things to do then to teach her how to play guitar. "Ahh... The dreamsicle cake is the dessert of choice for most people back home... It's an orange cake with this really good icing inbetween the layers and drizzled all ove the top of it." Luna said explaining it "But I just remembered it has to be refrigerated." she said putting the ingredents back in the cabinet above her. "and we're back to square one." she said

[Are you sure you want Angus with the slightly spazzy nerd? lol]

Angus smiled. "Don't worry. It would be my pleasure," he explained, happily. "As long as your boyfriend doesn't mind," he added, with a sly wink. He listened as Luna described the dreamsicle cake, hearing his stomach rumble. "Ooooh, that sounds awesome...that's a shame, though," he added, sadly. "We'll have to make it another time," he nodded. "Chocolate cake?"

((I'm sure. ;) ))

Luna smiled back at him, "Okay then, sounds fun." she said before he mentioned Scorpius. He was a bit possessive and touchy when it came to other guys. This seemed to be magnified when Angus came up, she was pretty much 100% positive he would mind. "Oh I'm sure Scorpius wouldn't mind." Luna lied, She let Scorpius hang out with his female friends all the time. She really didn't believe herself to be the jealous type and she knew she really had no control over his friendships anyways. "I wish it didn't need to be refrigerated... We need to come make it like, before dinner or something and then skip it and sneak back down here to eat it. But of course, that'll have to wait. Chocolate cake sounds good." she said

"He'd better not," Angus said seriously, with a spark in his eyes. "Else I might have to give him a stern talking to," he laughed. Somehow he wasn't sure that Scorpius was a good guy. Maybe he was just biased. But something told him that Luna could do better. He shrugged. "Pity, really. We will make it another time. I promise you that." He grinned, looking around the kitchen. "So, uh, what do we need for a chocolate cake? I'm guessing chocolate. Or, you know, cocoa," he muttered, heading to the cupboards.

"I mean sure he does get a bit jealous, but you're my friend and he knows that so if he tries to stop me from hanging out with you then he's a hypocrite." Luna said giving her opinion on the whole thing. Before talking about the cake again, "I know... and yes, we're definitely making it at some point!" she agreed before her stomach rumbled "But for now lets focus on the chocolate cake." she said getting some cocoa out from a nearby cupboard. "Yes Angus, I'd believe cocoa is a key ingredient in a chocolate cake." she joked lightly grabbing the eggs back from where she had put them and getting some milk. "Could you find some baking flour and some vegetable oil please?" she asked

Angus nodded, seriously. That kid was going find himself in serious trouble if he even so much as contemplated trying to stop him hanging out with Luna. From what he'd heard, Scorpius had an awful lot of girl friends in his own year level. If Luna couldn't have guy friends in her year level, Angus was going to punch that kid in the face. No way would he stop hanging out with Luna. She was a good friend. "Good, I'm glad I wasn't imagining things," he winked, as he tottered off to find baking flour and vegetable oil. The flour was easy to find, the oil less so. He picked one up and was about to walk back when he realised it was peanut oil, not vegetable oil. Groaning, he put it back and picked up the vegetable oil. "I can't read at 3am," he explained to Luna, brushing his hair out of his face in embarassment. "I guess that's why you're the Ravenclaw and I'm not," he grinned.

Luna gave him a smile, glad he was on her side. Then again, she really wasn't in the wrong so why wouldn't he be? Him and Scorpius weren't exactly best buddies anyways. She laughed at his comment, "Because we all know chocolate cake needs strawberry gel. Not Cocoa!" she joked grabbing a large bowl, some measuring spoons and some measuring cups. She looked at the measurements and groaned. "Ravenclaw or not these measurements have me stumped... I'm used to the U.S measurements, not Metric! Then again being in New Zealand I should have expected this." she said letting out a frustrated huff.

"I always have my chocolate cake with strawberry gel," Angus joked, giving Luna a lopsided grin. The cups and measurements he knew from living in both England and Australia, but Luna, being from America, didn't get them. "Hey, it's okay. Metric is what I'm used to. Let's see, about 1 and 3/4 cups..." he muttered, scooping quarter-cups of flour in to the bowl. "And some cocoa," he added, scooping some in to the bowl. "What's next?" he asked, smiling at Luna.

"Cups I can do... Give me Milliliters I get totally confused, Teaspoons are easier for me." Luna said glaring at the cup sitting on the counter, part of it white with flour. "Two cups sugar." she said grabbing the sugar that had been nearby and measuring out two cups, the only thing she could definitely comprehend without guessing and put it in the bowl with the flour and cocoa. The recipe called for Baking powder but she had used a type of flour that canceled the need for that so she went on with her mental checklist. "Salt, we need a teaspoon of it. Can you do conversions?" she asked jumping the gun and cracking two eggs in a paper bowl to make sure they weren't bad before putting them in with the rest to the ingredients.

Angus shrugged. "It's what I learnt at school. No idea about how you measure stuff, though - now that confuses me," he admitted, as he watched Luna put sugar in to the bowl. "Okay, salt," he said, putting in a teaspoon. "I sure hope that it doesn't make the cake...salty," he muttered thoughtfully, as Luna mixed in the eggs. "Okay, do we need anything else?" he asked, trying to remember his aunt's cakes.

"I suppose that in theory the Metric system would be easier, but I grew up with the standard." Luna said with a small shrug putting a cup of milk into the mix. "I don't think it would... I never really got why they put salt in there but I suppose it serves a purpose." she said pouring in a cup of water. "I think all that's left to put in is the vegetable oil..." Luna said, racking her brains to remember the recipe. "Yeah, I'm pretty cure thats all thats left." she said before finsing a whisk in a nearby drawer.

"Yeah, that's fair enough," he muttered, watching as Luna added milk. "Okay, vegetable oil," he said, pouring a little bit in to the mix. "So, do you want to stir it, or shall I?" he asked. "Or shall we take it in turns? Ladies first, of course," he said, giving Luna a small bow, grinning wickedly as he did so.

"Either way works for me." Luna said quietly before putting the whisk in the bowl and stirring the batter until all the things had came together, but not quite the right consistency for batter. She stirred it to where it was decently lump free which took less time than she had figured and offered the whisk to Angus. "Wanna finish it off?" she asked making sure to keep her voice low as to not alert anyone of their presence.

Angus nodded, and took the bowl and whisk from Luna. "Thank you, m'lady," he grinned, as he set about mixing the batter. Pulling the whisk out, he looked at the mix in approval, and then the bit on the whisk. With a twinkle in his eyes, he flicked his wrist and sent some batter flying over to Luna, laughing evilly to himself.

Luna stood there, blinking for a few seconds as a bit of the batter dropped off of her nose. Her eyes crossing as she tried to look at it. She raised an eyebrow at him before getting a plastic spoon. "I want to sample it, But I'm not going to eat batter off of my nose." she explained betting a small spoon full of it and raised it to her lips before quickly turning the spoon, sending the brown chocolaty mixture flying at Angus's face with a small mischievous smirk.

Angus burst out laughing as the mix hit Luna's nose, hardly noticing when she grabbed a spoon and flicked some at him. A blob of it landed right between his eyes. "Oh, nice!" Angus exclaimed, wiping it off with his finger and sticking his finger in his mouth. "Mmmm. This tastes pretty good. What do you think, Luna?" he asked, flicking the batter at her again.

Luna wiped the batter off of her nose just in time to see the blob land right in between his eyes and it was her turn to laugh, which she did. Luckily the next glob flew right onto her closed lips, she licked it off and said "Pretty good. But this means war!" before sending another spoonful flying at him. Licking the remnants left on the spoon afterwards and putting another one nearby incase he decided to strike again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back