Thomas Homestead 4

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale woke up this morning feeling much more sleepy than usual, it must have been his late night talk with Kaela. He hoped that she would feel better now that it was the morning. Kale knew that he would have to be extra sensitive with her today, considering it was her first Christmas not only without her mom, but without the rest of her family as well.

He got out of bed quickly, Roger and Lee were still snoring in their beds but he could hear movement downstairs. Kale put his shirt on and walked out of the room and down the stairs. Mindy was already sitting on the couch eating Christmas sweets, Nancy was in the kitchen tidying up like always and Morgan was sitting at the table peeling an orange. Kale walked over to Mindy and picked her up, he spun her around a few times and tossed her back onto the couch. She giggled and kicked around when he attempted to tickle her. Kale was in a very good mood for being as tired as he was.

Kale sat on the couch next to Mindy and tickled her, waiting for the others to come down stairs to celebrate Christmas morning.

Kaela had woken up as Morgan was leaving the room and decided to lay in be for a little longer before getting up. Her late night talk with Kale had made her rather sleepy this morning. When Kaela got out of bed she wondered what she should wear downstairs. At home she would usually wear her pajamas downstairs on Christmas morning, but she didn't know what kinds of traditions Kale's family had. She had brought a nicer dress, but figured it was too early to wear that.

Finally settling on jeans and a cute t-shirt Kaela came downstairs with a open moving box in her arms. She saw Kale tickling Mindy and laughed. Walking over to the tree Kaela set her box down and walked to the couch, sitting down beside Kale. "Merry Christmas," she said with a happy smile, glad to see him again.

Kale smiled at Kaela when he saw her walk around the corner, "Merry Christmas" he said as she sat next to him on the sofa. Kale continued to poke Mindy's sides as she squirmed around. "You sleep alright?" Kale inquired with a soft tone, referring to their talk in the middle of the night. He truely hoped that she was feeling better.

"Yeah, I did, thanks. Did you?" Kaela watched Kale poke Mindy with her left eyebrow raised,a bit curious. She wanted to ask Kale what his family's procedure was for Christmas, but didn't want to sound stupid or anything.

A disgruntled, tired snowy owl had flown through the kitchen window, and despite having a second location to fly to, left the second gift on the table, too weary to fly to its second destination.

Alexander had left a gift basket of magical candies for the Thomas family, with a note which read:

To the Thomas Family,

Hope you all are having a great Christmas. 

Happy Holidays,
Estrella

The second bag which he had unknowingly brought to the right person contained a kit kat bar, bag of jellie slugs, bertie botts and a fizzing whizbee. The second note was a bit lengthier, if not by much.
Kaela,

I'm not sure whether you celebrate Christmas or not, but still, I wanted to send something for the Holidays.  I can't wait to see you back at school after Break is over.  I apologize for not writing to you- There's been a lot going on.

Happy Holidays and see you at school soon,
Estrella 
[/color]

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired still.." Kale smiled at Kaela and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. He sunk into the sofa and waited for the others to wake up, Nancy would end up waking up Roger and Lee like every year. Usually Tarren would wake up from all of the rucus around the house but this year he was staying with the grandparents.

As two owls flew through the window Mindy popped up, looking somewhat like a prarie dog, she skipped over to the counter. Mindy climbed up the counter and crawled to the window sill. "Oh! Packages!" she exclaimed with a giggle. "Look Ma! Owls!" Mindy always got excited over animals.

Nancy watched as her daughter climbed on the counter and ran over to scold her daughter as soon as she approached the owls on the sill. "What did I tell you about climbing on the counters Mindy?" she scolded her with a stern face, she picked her up from off rge counter and set her back on the floor. Nancy was always stressed around Christmas time. She reached for the packages, one for the Thomas Family and the other for Kaela. She opened the letter and noticed that it was from Estrella. She smiled and turned toward the kids in the family room, "Kaela, you've got a package in here." she said with a smile, holding it up for her.

Kaela smiled brightly when Kale kissed her cheek, which blushed red.

"I do?" she asked curiously, wondering who the package could be from. She got up and took the package, surprised to find candy and a note from Estrella. Her heart sunk a little. She had not gotten anything for Estrella and felt awful getting something from her when she was here with Kale. Not that Estrella knew that.

Smiling weakly Kaela set the package down on the floor beside the couch. "Well, I guess we can do presents now then." Kaela walked over to the box she had brought down and took out 5 envelopes, each one with a muggle candybar attached with ribbon. She handed each envelope, which contained a Hallmark card, to Kale’s siblings, speaking as she did so. “I’m sorry your gifts aren’t better. I really didn’t know what to get you guys, but I figured I couldn’t go wrong with candy.”

Smiling Kaela pulled a small box from her open box. It was wrapped in shiny silver paper with blue ribbon and bow. This she handed to Kale’s ma. She was very worried about the gift, not knowing if Kale’s ma would like it. It was a copy of Pride and Prejudice, one of her ma’s favorite books. Beneath the wrapper was a box that contained six books, all Star Wars.

Lastly Kaela pulled a slightly larger box from her moving box and handed it to Kale. It was also wrapped in shiny silver paper and blue ribbon and bow. She smiled sheepishly, blushing.

StarWarsNovelization.jpg
250px-Episodev_empirestrikesback.jpg
250px-Episodevi_returnofthejedi.jpg

250px-Phantommenacenovel_obiwan.jpg
250px-Attackoftheclones_novel.jpg
210px-RevengeOfTheSithNovel.jpg

She bit her lower lip as she waited for Kale to open his gift, nervous as to whether or not he would like it.

Mindy jumped up and reached for the package from Nancy, "Mommy! Can I open it?" she exclaimed jumping up and down. Nancy handed the package to her and Mindy ripped it open, "It's from Estrella" Nancy said with a smile, a bit surprised that she had sent something to the family. "She's such a sweet girl..Tristan sure did great with her" she said speaking of her old schoolmate and while sat down the package of candies on the table.

When Kaela gave Nancy a wrapped gift she smiled at her and opened her arms to hug the girl, "Thank you Kaela" she said hugging her tightly and releasing, she was not expecting her to do that for her. Nancy walked over to the tree and picked up three different boxes wrapped in sparkly red wrapping paper. She handed it to Kaela before opening up her own gift.

133376200.jpg
140384125.jpg
141158241.jpg

(Desiree totally picked everything out..haha)

Kale was a bit confused when he had found out that the packages were from Estrella. He didn't think much on it though, he simply cocked his head to the side and shrugged it off. Is she trying to win my family back? he thought to himself with an arched brow. Kale soon wiped the confused expression off of his face when Kaela came back over to the sofa with gifts. Even though Roger and Lee weren't awake yet it really didn't matter if they were opening gifts, they would sleep in until five in the evening if possible. Before opening his own gift he walked over to the tree and picked up an ornamental box, he handed it to Kaela hoping that she would like it. He was nervous that she wouldn't but he grinned anyway, "I thought it would be appropriate." he said.

DSCF0134-1-2.jpg

kaelaspresent.jpg

Kale then opened up his own gift and laughed, "This is awesome!" he held up the book set and smiled widely, "Thanks Kaela! I've got some new reading material" Kale observed the covers of each of the books with interest. Books was always a great route for Kale. He pulled Kaela into a tight hug and nervously waited for her to open her own gift.

Kaela hugged Nancy took the packages from her with a surprised look. "You didn't have to get me anything." She opened the packages and was very surprised to find some very cute muggle shirts. "These are so cute! Thank you. You're pretty good at picking out muggle clothes." Kaela smiled brightly and set the package with the clothes down beside her candy from Estrella.

Kaela sat down on the couch and took the box from Kale. She bit her lower lip and opened the box, her mouth dropping at the sight of the necklace. "Kale it's beautiful!" she said happily and threw her arms around him, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "Thank you so much!" She took the necklace from the box and began attempting to put it around her neck.

"I'm glad you like the books. You have to read them in the order they're stacked in. I know it seems weird, but trust me." Kaela was glad that this Christmas was turning out so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back