Thomas Homestead 2

Kaela was so happy she thought her heart would burst. "You're surprised? I never thought you would go for a girl like me. Especially after Estrella..." Kaela bit her lip, suddenly worried. Oh gosh, did I say too much? Why would I bring up Estrella? What if he had forgotten about her and just now realizes that I am like her and decides he doesn't like me anymore?

Kale didn't think much of it when Kaela brought up Estrella, he really didn't think about her much anymore. Yeah, Kale cared about her, but not to the extent where he would bendover backwards for her. Their friendship was sort of on the rocks still. "You're not at all like Estrella.." Kale replied to Kaela and shaking his head, "Honestly, the only reason why I wouldn't go for you is because of Ford." he added while adjusting his grip on the broomstick, Kale almost forgot that they were still midair and holding a conversation. "But he's got the controlling Sophia Stark holding him back on a short leash again..." Kale said rolling his eyes, hoping that he didn't offend her by bringing up Ford. Even though he was his best friend. "I really do like you though Kaela." he assured her, unable to wipe the smile off of his face.

Kaela's happy smile returned. She giggled when Kale mentioned Sophia. "Honestly I swear those two must have been made for each other. It's so uncanny. He dumped me so long ago I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care, especially if he has Sophia." It was hard to believe Kaela was sitting on her broom having this conversation with Kale. Her mind was still racing, chanting happily he likes me!

"They are an interesting pair..." Kale said slowly. He gave Kaela a grin and leaned in slowly once more, this time giving her a quick peck on the cheek, "Tag!" Kale laughed, he leaned into his broom and flew the opposite direction. He couldn't help but tease sometimes.

Kaela could feel the heat rise in her cheek as Kale kissed it. Her mouth dropped open when he yelled 'tag' and flew away from her. "Oh you're gonna get it now Mister!" she yelled and zoomed off after him, trying to figure out how to catch up. Kale had a good head start on her and Kaela needed to be tricky if she was gonna catch him.

Kale laughed as he got away from her fairly easily, he did a zig zag and headed back down for the ground. Hopping off of his broom, Kale took a seat on the soft green grass next to a small pond. He tossed a rock into it and waited to see if Kaela would join him or not. Kale had so many thoughts running through his head it was hard for him to just focus on one thing. Does this mean that Kaela's my girlfriend?

Kaela saw Kale head toward the ground and became hopeful that he would make the same mistake he had last time. However as she stayed leveled and watched him he hopped off his broom and sat down on the grass. Rolling her eyes Kaela swooped down and hopped off her broom as well, setting it beside Kale's before going and sitting beside him.

Ford was the only boyfriend Kaela had ever had. That relationship had been so short and so long ago that this all still felt very new and confusing to Kaela. Leaning back with her hands on the ground behind her Kaela crossed one ankle over the other and tapped her foot, trying not to think too much. She had a tendency to worry.

Reaching out Kaela tapped Kale's shoulder and grinned at him. "Tag," she said with a playful laugh, wondering if he would retaliate.

It was only a couple of moments until he felt a couple of taps on his shoulder once more, "Okay, okay you win! Only this time though!" Kale gave in, smiling at Kaela. He felt like a total dork with that constant smile plastered on his face but he couldn't resist it. "I'm happy that you've decided to join me.." he said with a small laugh and tossed another rock into the water. Kale kept his eyes on her and studied her face, "I'm really happy that I decided to write to you that one day. I didn't think you would write back, but you did. You wouldn't be here right now if we never wrote to eachother." he said picking at the green grass and placing it into a little pile, it was a little habit of his whenever he was in a grassy area.

Kaela smiled at Kale and watched him throw the rock into the water, following the ripples it made with her eyes. When he said he was happy he had written her Kaela blushed a bit and smiled gratefully at Kale. "I'm really glad you wrote me too. You have no idea how much better my life was because of you. I'm sure I would have gone crazy if it weren't for you." Smiling brightly she leaned in close to Kale, closing her eyes and pursing her lips as they met his.

"I'm happy that I was able to help you in some way. I could relate with what you had gone through and what you're still going through. It's tough." Kale said with a weak smile as she leaned in toward him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and leaned in to return a soft kiss with his eyes closed, he lingered there for a moment. Kale smiled, happy that this was finally happening.

Kaela pulled back from the kiss with a bright smile on her face. Now she knew that it was real, and that she had not dreamed the kiss up on their brooms. "I'm so glad you invited me to come here. I don't think I would have been this brave at school."

Kale pulled away from the kiss with a grin on his face, he moved his arm off of her shoulder and returned it back to his side. He turned toward Kaela, "What makes you more brave here than you are at school?" Kale inquired with interest, wondering what she had meant by her last comment. Either way he figured that it was a good thing but he was still thinking of way to sort all of his thoughts out so he wouldn't jumble his words or studder every three seconds.

"Well..." Kaela began, wondering how to explain herself. "I don't know that I could bear the idea of you rejecting me in front of everyone else. How could I possibly try and show you I liked you with everyone watching?"

Kaela blinked up at Kale, hoping he understood. "I mean, now that I know you like me too it doesn't matter, but if I didn't know..." Kaela bit her lower lip, hoping Kale didn't think badly of her now. She wasn't sure why anything she had said would make him feel bad, but she still worried regardless.

It took Kale until now to realize that Kaela seemed very insecure with herself. He noticed that a lot of girls had that problem but she seemed to have it much worse than some. Her self confidence wasn't exacly where it should be. Kale gave Kaela a weak smile, "I can be a jerk sometimes, but do you honestly think that I am that much of a jerk to do that in front of everyone?" he asked Kaela, his eyebrow arched a bit. He hoped that he didn't make her feel like he put her on the spot for asking that.

Kale observed Kaela's face, he was feeling much more calm before; all anxiousness pretty much fizzled away from him. The second question should be easier than the first, but for some reason he didn't know how to word it properly. Kale took a breath in and blinked a few times, he picked at the grass before locking eyes with Kaela again, "What would you say if I were to ask you to be my girlfriend?" Kale said, he bit his lip and smiled hopefully.

Kaela smiled and rolled her eyes, knowing that Kale was right. She could not imagine him rejecting her publicly like that. Of course she had been silly to worry about that.

When Kale asked her about being his girlfriend she stared at him for a moment. Suddenly her face broke into a bright smile. "I would say that I would like that very much. If you wanted me to be your girlfriend, of course."

"I would like that very much too." Kale said with a wide smile, he was feeling much happier than he ever had. He stared at Kaela and goofily added, "So Kaela, will you be my girlfriend?" Kale asked with a grin, feeling a bit dorky but enjoying himself nonetheless.

Kaela bit her lower lip and grinned. "Yes, of course." She quickly moved over and grasped Kale in a tight hug, unable to believe how happy she was.

As Kaela moved over closer to him and hugged him Kale wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. He couldn't even explain the thoughts that were going through his head. "You know, in those letters I really thought that you met someone else." he said, "I almost didn't ask you, I was intimidated." Kale rolled his eyes and laughed, he felt foolish being afraid of himself; but now it paid off. Kale had Kaela in his arms and he didn't want anyone else.

Kaela hugged Kale back tightly, loving the feeling of being in his arms. She released her arms and laid her head on his chest, snuggling up to him. It was odd that Kale was a year younger but so much taller than she was.

Kaela couldn't help but laugh when Kale said he thought she had met someone else. "You thought I was talking about someone else? Who could I possibly have met at home?" She giggled at the thought. "Besides, no one I met there could be half as awesome as you are."

Kale kept his arm around Kaela as she laid her head on his chest, he gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. "Yes, I honestly did." he said, holding his breath and trying to hold back a small laugh. Kale smirked at her 'awesome' comment, "Well, I don't think I could of found someone half as pretty." he said with a wink while reaching for her hand to hold.

Kaela blinked a few times as she looked up at Kale with searching eyes. "You think I'm pretty?" she asked, seeming a bit doubtful. She of course wanted him to think she was pretty, but she couldn't imagine why he would.

"No. I think you're beautiful, Kaela." Kale corrected her with a smile. She didn't seem too sure of herself and he wanted to change that, "Do you not think you are?" he inquired with testing eyes.

Kaela bit her lip and blushed, looking down for a moment. She turned to look back up at Kale, blinking her eyes and causing her dark eyelashes to flutter. "Uhm, I guess..." Kaela had never thought of herself as particularly beautiful, but she didn't think she was ugly or anything.

Kale couldn't stop himself from smiling, "Good." he said firmly. "You should." Kale added while getting up from the grass slowly and dusting the grass off of him. The sun was setting and the sky was getting darker with clouds, he looked down at his watch and averted his blue eyes back at Kaela, "What do you think of us heading back? Ma will have a cow if its past dark.." he rolled his eyes but the smile soon creeped back onto his face.

Kaela smiled up at Kale, feeling much better about herself at that moment. He thinks I'm pretty, so it must be true. Maybe I am beautiful. "All right," she said, raising her arms up so that Kale could pull her up to her feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back