Thomas Homestead 2

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Delamere%20Forest%2014th.jpg

Armed with his Emerald streak slung over his left shoulder, Kale and Kaela walked up the hill that led to a large clearing where it would be safe enough from muggles that they could fly around on their brooms without any problems. It was a chillier evening than usual, the sun would be setting soon and it was just after supper. Kale looked over at Kaela and smiled, he was happy that he finally was going to be able to spend time with her alone, being around his siblings every moment of break was getting awfully suffocating.

When they reached the top of the hill he breathed in heavily and looked out at the vast space. He hadn't been to this spot secret spot for about a year, it looked smaller to him now; was it because he had grown? He remembered the last person that he had brought there was Estrella. He sighed. Kale turned toward Kaela, "How long has it been since the last time you flown exactly?" he inquired while setting his broom down gently on the soft green grass under a tree.

Kaela walked along beside Kale with her Sapphire Streak slung over her shoulder. Although she was in jeans and a hoodie she was still a bit chilly. She stopped beside Kale and her mouth dropped open at the sight of the clearing. "Kale it's beautiful!" she exclaimed, turning to him with a bright smile.

Her smile dropped when he asked her about flying. "Well, I've been out of school for a year, so, a little longer than that. She frowned, hoping she wouldn't have to relearn how to fly. Kaela had not been the best flyer when she first started out and she would hate to put Kale though the agony of dealing with her poor skills.

Kale bit his lip, "Wow..that's a long time.." he said looking at her with wide eyes, "I wouldn't be able to do that." Kale told her while shaking his head and looking down at the ground. He bent down and picked his Emerald Streak up off the ground and swung his leg over the broom. "You should give your broom some air time then!" he smirked with a wink, soon he kicked off the grass and was in the air.

Kaela watched Kale take off and bit her lower lip. She took her broom off her shoulder and looked at it, becoming more nervous now. "Well here goes nothing," she muttered to herself and swung her leg over her broom.

She took off, a bit shaky at first, but once she was in the air it was as if she had never stopped flying. Kaela grinned and flew over to Kale. "Just like riding a bike," she said happily, not even realizing Kale might never have ridden a bike before.

Kale smiled at Kaela at her bike talk, he had seen a bike before but never had have ridden one. He just heard that it took lots of balance and usually when you learn at a young age you never forget how to ride one. He always did enjoy her complete muggle-ness. He maneuvered his broom so that he was facing Kaela and smiled, "I'm really happy that you're here." Kale said, he could feel his ears getting warmer which usually meant that his face soon would be too, which resulted to red cheeks. He hated that.

Kaela looked at Kale and smiled. "I'm really glad I'm here too," she said, her cheeks turning as red as his. She quickly looked down at her hand, biting her lower lip. She really liked Kale, and this was the first time they had been alone since she had arrived. Kaela really liked Kale's family. Staying with them had been so exciting. But now they were alone, and Kaela was nervous all over again.

She looked up at Kale, her eyes sparkling. Kaela slowly flew over closer to him and then suddenly hit his shoulder. "Tag!" she yelled and sped off away from him with a grin on her face.

Kale smiled when Kaela said that she was glad to be there too. It made his stomach flip when she inched closer to him, suddenly hitting his shoulder. He perked up while she flew away quickly. A mischievious grin spread across his face as he leaned into his broom and followed after her, "Oh, you'll get payback for that!" Kale laughed. He spun himself around and tried to catch up with Kaela, leaning into his broom to excelerate. Kale was happy that he was able to do something that he enjoyed with a girl that he liked, it didn't seem like his break could get any better.

Kaela turned and saw that Kale was following her and she sat up on her broom, dropping a few feet lower and turning around to go back in the direction she came from. She laughed, loving the feeling of the cool wind against her cheeks and going through the stray pieces of hair that didn't fit into her ponytail. I can't believe I haven't done this in a year!"

Kale continued in pursuit after Kaela, he dropped down as she did and soon was on her tail. He felt himself inching closer to her, he reached his arm out and reached for the hood of Kaela's hoodie; Kale yanked on it not thinking before he had done it. "Got chya!" he shouted with a laugh, while gripping that broomstick and booking it for the opposite direction.

Kaela was caught by surprise when Kale yanked her hood. Her head jerked backward, her broom coming back with it as her hands were still gripped tightly to it. Kaela kept her calm and continued going backwards,doing a flip and stopping when she came back to level.

"You'll pay for that!" Kaela yelled playfully at Kale, smiling happily as she zoomed off after him.

Kale looked over his shoulder at Kaela as her head jerked back and her broom followed after it. He bit the inside of his cheek and gasped, "Crap!" exclaimed Kale while he slowed down a bit to make sure that she was okay. Kaela seemed to compose herself rather quickly, "Sorry about that Kaela!" he yelled back while turning to face forward once more. He would have felt extremely guilty if he were to hurt her. Kale leaned forward and dived toward the grass, shortly going back up before he would make any contact with the unforgiving ground.

Kaela watched Kale head down toward the ground and decided to stay level on her course. She had a history of clutziness and didn't want to risk hitting the ground, especially on her first time back on a broom. Besides, Kale would have to come back up sometime.

Kaela sped up, easily closing the gap between them because her course was a straight line instead of a 'V.' When Kale came back to her level she tapped his shoulder casually a few times with a grin on her face.

Kale looked back and thought that he had successfully lost her when she wasn't follwing behind, he laughed and headed back up. Suddenly he felt a few taps on his shoulder, he looked back and had to do a double take when Kaela caught up to him, "Huuh?" he said with an arched brow, jerking to a full stop in mid air. He punched the air and cocked his head to the side, "You're good." Kale laughed, giving Kaela a challenging expression.

Kaela stopped to hover in the air, smiling brightly. "Thanks," she said sheepishly. "You're pretty good yourself." Her cheeks were bright pink from the cool air and her eyes were sparkling as she stared happily at Kale.

Kale was unable to wipe the stupid little grin off of his face, for some reason Kaela always did that to him. He felt his ears begin to heat up once more, I must look like a tomato right now.. Kale really liked Kaela, he couldn't help but wonder who that other guy was that she was talking about in her letters. Kale bit his lower lip and took a deep breath in and exhaled. He felt sudden wave of anxiousness over him. "Kaela, could I ask you something?" Kale inquired with an arched brow.

Kaela's grin faded somewhat and she looked inquisitively at Kale. "You can always ask me questions, but I can't guarantee any answers," she said in a playful tone. She tried to appear at ease but really her stomach was doing flips. What does he want to ask me?

Kale's original question was going to be something about her liking him or not but suddenly an intense nervous rush took him over. He felt his entire face go red and he suddenly thought about her staying at his house. If he were to ask a question like that to her and she didn't like him in that way, he would be humiliated and stuck with her for the rest of the break. Kale looked at Kaela, trying to think of a question that he could ask her without freaking her out. "Curly fries or regular?" he blurted out. He raised an eyebrow, Did I seriously just ask that? Kale bit his lip, feeling like a big dork.

Kaela raised her left eyebrow at Kale, trying not to laugh at his question. What the heck? Why did he just ask me that? "Uhm, Curly. You?" Kaela tried to keep her voice light and playful, but she had no idea what Kale was getting at. She had begun to think he was going to ask her about liking him or something, but then he went and asked about fries. Guys are so weird.

Kale scratched his head and nodded at Kaela, "That's a tough one. I'd have to agree that curly fries are better...only if there is Ketschup though" he said with a nervous laugh, trying to regain himself back to composure. Kale was quiet for a moment and attempted to sort his thoughts out, he adjusted his grip on the broom, What the hell? Kale looked at her, "Kaela?" he inquired hoping to get her attention. Kale then leaned forward slowly and softly planted a kiss on her lips. He could only hope that she didn't scream and fly off the opposite direction demading Nancy that she wanted to go home.

Kaela blinked a few times, a bit unsure of what to think of Kale's odd behavior. She looked up at him, raising her eyebrows. She was going to ask Kale what he wanted when she saw him moving closer to her. Kaela's stomach began to flutter nervously and her cheeks blushed red.

When Kale's lips met hers she closed her eyes, kissing him back softly. Kaela could not believe what was happening. For so long she had dreamed of kissing Kale, and here she was, actually kidding him. She leaned forward, attempting to get closer to him. Kaela had forgotten she was on a broom and quickly lost her balance, falling toward Kale with her arms flailing.

It was unreal that he was actually there with Kaela at that moment, he still couldn't believe that he was spending his break with her. When she kissed him back he closed his eyes and brought both of his hand up to cup her face, not having too much trouble keeping his balance. He pulled away just enough to look in her eyes, when he felt Kaela flail forward to him, "Wow!" blurted Kale and with his Beater reflexes he reached out for her, grabbing Kaela's arm to try and help her adjust herself on her broom. "Careful.." he warned with a smile.

Kaela looked up at Kale with doe eyes as he steadied her. She sat back up on her broom, blushing fiercely and biting her lower lip. "Thanks," she said softly, looking sheepish. Did that really just happen? It almost seemed as if Kaela had imagined the kiss. I hope it was real. She looked hopefully at Kale, searching for a sign that he really did in fact like her.

Kale nodded at her when she thanked him, "No problem" he smiled sincerely at Kaela. He stared at her and swallowed, the most nerveracking part was over. right? All he had to do was ask her the big question, something that he had been itching to know for a long time now. Kale bit his lip and glanced at her, he smiled, "Kaela, I don't want you to think I am being too forward or anything.." Kale said slowly, trying to get the words out right. He had a bad habit of studdering when he felt pressure, he continues, "..but do you like me?" he inquired rolling his shoulders back and hoping for the best. He couldn't help but feel like he was going to choke on his tongue because he was so nervous.

Kaela stared intently at Kale, waiting as patiently as she could for his words. Her heart was beating so loudly she was sure he could hear it. When he asked her if she liked him her eyes widened in happy surprise. "Yes of course I like you! I was afraid you didn't like me." She smiled brightly at him, unable to contain her happiness at this moment.

Kale smiled widely, he couldn't remember the last time he had actually smiled that much, it was all because of Kaela. "Really?" he inquired surprised, he never thought that she would actually go for him. "I have actually been thinking the same thing about you.." Kale smirked, he was relieved that he had actually taken the plunge and asked. He hadn't been that happy for a very long time. Kale grinned at Kaela, "I'm really surprised right now..." admitted Kale, cocking his head to the side with a silly face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back