This isn't supposed to be Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodore Snow

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hawthorn Wand 13" Essence of Serpent Scale
Theodore fiddled with the hem of hem of his dress robes boredly yet nervously as he stood by himself in the middle of the great hall. Other couples or friends around him were all excitedly meeting up with one another and claiming compliments like 'nice dress' or 'you look so pretty'. Honestly it felt almost the same every year to him, the only thing different now was that he had asked someone he was supposed to hate as his date to the Yule Ball. 'Why am I even here?' Theodore searched his mind and heart over and over and over again for some sort of answer, but he never really found one that made enough sense for to him. It was obvious that he was either fond of Aleyha, or he just felt a strong attraction, but something was up with him. Giving a small wave to Alyssa as she walked by with whoever she was was with and flicked his hair out of his face so he could scan the crowd again.

"Girls always take so long to get ready." He rolled his eyes to himself and fiddled with the white lily he had bought for Aleyha during Brightstone. Normally he bought roses for his dates, but she was a different case so he figured a rose was far overdue. Instead he had gotten her a lily for her hair, he thought they would go together nicely, he just hoped she wouldn't cause a fit about it.

Aleyha stared at her reflection in the mirror. She looked so different, almost beautiful. She wore her red, long dress and silver heels that were not so tall. Her white shoulders and upper arms were decorated with silver glitter, a compliment to Hadan, and her silvery white hair was tied, with pieces falling around her face. She have very light make-up on, just a touch of silver eyeshadow. She was young, and she didn’t think she needed this. But now she was in the mirror, a reflection that showed just how different she could be. With a heavy sigh, she exited the Slytherin dorms, and headed to the Great Hall. Her heart was flying, and she didn't know why. Last time she had seen Theodore, she had ran away from him, and built those barriers back up in her mind. She could only hope that her protection in her mind lasted long enough for tonight.

Aleyha spotted Theodore, and she stopped, her mouth almost dropped to the floor. Who would ever have thought that this boy could dress up to be this... No no, it is the Veela-ness! lied Aleyha in her mind. Aleyha ignored all the other mushy couples, and approached her date, her future-husband. Her red eyes traveled to his own and she folded her hands in front of her. Shyness would have normally taken over, but Aleyha was a bold person naturally. "I hope that you are happy with what you see." Aleyha couldn't bring herself to smile, but she simply stood in front of him, like a fool too ignorant to know what to really do or say.

Theodore turned slowly and almost froze in place, he had to admit that he was completely dumbfounded on how beautiful Aleyha looked at the moment. He figured that she could probably rival with his sisters looks at the moment and win hands down. Without a second thought Theodore forced himself to hide his blush and brought a hand up to brush the bangs away from his face as she tried to think of something clever to say back to her. 'I can't remember what I was going to say...damn!' As he struggled to think of words he noticed that he was almost crushing the flower.

"Um...I...uh...totally forgot what I was going to say." Theo flicked his hair out of his face and laughed lightly at himself, thinking of what an idiot he must seem like right now. "Actually you look very pretty...now stand still for a moment." Walking closer to her he took the lily and clipped it to her hair quickly, before she could yell at him or anything of the sort.

Aleyha stared up at him, with an odd look on her face. He seemed to be acting a bit weird, but Aleyha paid no mind to it. "Boys." She rolled her eyes, but she had a subtle smile on her lips. Aleyha murmured, "Thanks..." A tint of red flashed upon her white cheeks, and when he came close to her, Aleyha immediately froze. Hands in front of her face, she had a few flashbacks. The lily was already clipped in her hair, but Aleyha still flinched, and she closed her eyes. It only occurred to her now, Theodore wasn't going to hurt her like her 'mother' did. Aleyha shook the memories from her head, and she inquired from him, "Okay, you got the flower in my head, what are we going to do?" Aleyha shrugged, pretending she did not flinch at all.

Theodore stared at Aleyha curiously and worriedly when she flinched, it was slight and barely noticeable, but still enough for him to pick up on. After living with his father and his cruel emotions he had actually become pretty good at sensing how others felt at times, and he sensed fear from her. "Hey...are you okay?" He asked gently as he brought one of his warm hands to her cheek, he didn't mean to scare her at all. Removing his hand he sighed and scratched his hair, which seemed awful soft to him at the moment, within moments she was back to normal and once again seemed to lack any interest in him.

"We dance...duh." He snickered and grabbed her hand, he was tired of standing in the Great Hall listening to girls gush about their dresses. Headed towards the room where the ball was going on he made sure to dodge other students as he continued to pull Aleyha wit him.

Aleyha had tensed up a fair bit when he touched her yet again. But this did not last long, as she found that he had grabbed her hand and started to drag her off once more. "Pretty boy! I can walk you know!" Aleyha was a little frustrated, but she was more shocked than anything. Aleyha did not bother to squirm out of his reach, because she felt utterly safe with him now. Plus, she kind of wanted to dance with him. They stood in the dance floor, and to Aleyha's horror - and amazement - a slow song started to play. Instantly, Aleyha blushed and she muttered, "Great..." Aleyha was an excellent dancer, mainly because of her past. Knowing where to put her hands, which was behind his on his shoulders. She could not do this properly because of how tall he was compared to her, but this just felt more comfortable. Staring up at him, she murmured, "Is this what you wanted?"

Theodore was a pretty good dancer himself, which he oddly enough had learned from his dad some odd amount of years ago, at first he thought it was going to be a useless skill for him to learn and refused to do it for the longest time. Calmly he placed his hands on her waist lightly and smiled at her softly; "Sure. Watching you turn all red is quite amusing." He snickered at her as they started to dance to the slow song, watching her turn all red was extremely cute. "No...actually..I'm glad you came with me." he said honestly, he was really glad she didn't say no.

Aleyha narrowed her eyes and she retorted, "It is a nice color on you too." Aleyha stared up at him with curious eyes. He was telling the truth. He was glad that she came here with him. And truth be told, she really liked coming here with him. She murmured, "Um, I'm happy that I said yes then." Aleyha knew that even though she could deny it all she wanted to, she could not pick a better person to attend the ball with than him. Without much warning, at all, she leaned up and gave him a soft and gentle kiss upon the lips. It didn't last long, but there was a spark in her eyes that said that what she did, it was real. Aleyha put her head on his chest, and closed her eyes. That was when she realized the truth, the denial she held in for so many months. Oh Merlin... I like Theodore Snow.

Theodore tensed slightly, then immediately relaxed as he fought the urge to either fall over or run away when Aleyha kissed him. He was pretty sure that if he was Alyssa or some other girl then he'd be squealing with joy at the fact that his crushed just kissed him and was now resting on him. Subconsciously his arms wrapped around her back and he fought a blush that he could feel rising to his face. "Aleyha, I'm not going to lie...I like you..a lot" He answered softly before he realized that he probably just said the last thing he was sure she wanted to hear and released her. This wasn't supposed to be happening to him, not with her...he thought.

"But this...were....just..ugh nevermind." Theodore muttered groaning to himself and bringing a hand to rub at his temples as he tried to soothe his currently growing headache.

Aleyha's eyes remained closed, the heartbeat sounded like a sweet song singing to her. Never had she liked someone as much as Theodore. She just could not deny it any longer. But she was in fear of rejection, something she was used to, and this was one of the reasons why she never opened up. Aleyha heard his words, and her eyes snapped open. So, he did like her? She stared up at him in utter confusion. It wasn't until the next words was what made her take a step back from Theodore. Aleyha's anger grew, and she snapped, "Spit it out then. You tell me that you bloody like me, and now what?" Aleyha was rather frustrated, but she couldn't bear to tell him that she felt the same, as if it weren't obvious enough. But still, it was easy for her to get upset nowadays.

Theodore's eyes widened slightly when he sensed and heard Aleyha's obvious growing anger, was she upset that there bad been some doubt after his confession of feelings for her? Not knowing if he really wanted to get into a brawl with her here right now, in front of everyone he sighed and brought a pale hand up to brush some of his bangs aside. "Aleyha, relax for a second." He urged her to calm down before she really started to get upset and cause a huge scene in front of everyone. It might help if knew why she was getting upset though, for now he only assumed that it was because he hesitated or something.

"I was only going to say that this is extremely awkward." He shrugged his shoulders and stared at her observantly with his forest green eyes. He still wasn't exactly sure how to read or even attempt to calm her down yet, so he was unsure if he words did anything to calm her at all. "I mean, just a few months ago we were beating the crap out of one another, and now were...here." Theodore did like Aleyha, a lot actually. He just found it weird how fast it all happened, and how confused he was feeling, he honestly had very little clue about what he was doing anymore. It was like his heart took over his common sense and left very little room to care about what he thought anymore.

Aleyha narrowed her eyes but her only protest was a groan of irritation. She didn't like to be told to calm down. However, maybe she was just overreacting and he had something important to say after all. Aleyha fought the urge to just attack right here and now, and she stood still. It was a dangerous position anyhow, for she was like a snake. However, his words were not what she was expecting. Instead, they sounded truthful, and it befuddled her. Aleyha sighed and she muttered, "Did you expect me to not feel the same way? Theodore, I don't know why things happen. I don't know why I have to be engaged to you, and I don't know why things tend out like this. But is it not better than getting closer and closer to being expelled from the fighting?" Aleyha seemed perfectly relaxed now, but her expression was confused, with a hint of hurt. "Can we just enjoy the dance now?"

Theodore blinked for a moment as he processed what Aleyha said, over and over and over again. As if being here with her, having her kiss him and dance with him wasn't enough..she had to go off and say something like that. "Um, did you just say you liked me, cause thats really all I got out of that." He stated as he eyes shifted around the room, for some reason he didn't really feel like he could focus on her at the moment, he thought if he did she'd be able to read his emotions easily and he didn't really want her getting into his emotions likes that. 'Seriously, why is this happening to me?' His mind was searching for an answer, but he was once again met with none. Maybe there was no reason and he just needed to go along with it and stop trying to make logic out of everything that happened to him and Aleyha.

"Sure.." Theo was about to tell her that he didn't mind if they danced again but as he took a step towards her he bumped shoulders with someone. Whipping his head to face with the person he glared at them before shoving them back a few inches, they were in his space anyways. "Watch it." He hissed at the person before he rolled his eyes and shook his head, looking at Aleyha once more he raised an eyebrow before he flicked his hair out of his face and rolled his eyes. "Loser totally mussed up my hair." He brought a hand up to make sure that it wasn't completely ruined and look at Aleyha again before smirking.

Aleyha went back over her words, and if she did just admit it, well, then that was that. "I don't know if I did or not, but fine." She didn't want to admit it, but things were already out in the open. So, what? Aleyha didn't know what to do or say now. Her words have come to an end, and she stood there just staring at the boy that managed to weasel his way into her mind. Aleyha could not sum up why things happened as they did, but regardless. Aleyha rolled her eyes at the boy that bumped into Theodore, and she shook her head at Theodore's reaction. "You care too much about your hair." Aleyha did like that feature about Theodore. It really suited him. "It is getting pretty crowded in here. I don't know how much more people I can stand to be around." Her tone of disgust was thrown at a few Hufflepuffs.

Theodore blinked and brought a hand up to feel his hair, did she really thing he was too obsessed with his hair? All his life he had been a bit picky about his hygiene and appearance when he was out in public, especially when it came to the way his hair was and felt. "Hey, chicks dig the hair okay." He teased her as he played with a strand of hair that came close to his face for a moment, then pushed it back out of his face and smirked at Aleyha. He knew being cocky at a moment like this was probably going to get him punched, but he was actually fairly happy...and she made fun of his hair.

"I knew you couldn't resist me for long, don't try to act tough about it!" He coughed, continuing to tease her once again. This was definitely going to bother her some and he was willing to accept it. Besides, it's not like she could hurt him too badly..right? "Wanna go outside or something?" He pointed to the door and looked at her curiously, maybe she was getting overwhelmed too.

Aleyha rolled her eyes and muttered, "As if." So, he was rather full of himself. A typical boy was. She was utterly annoyed - and fascinated - by it. But the events turned and she struck before she could even stop herself. A white hand across a pale face. But Aleyha sure as hell was not about to apologize either. "Don't be cocky over a matter you know is false. Continue being a cocky arse and let's see if you even make it outside!" Aleyha shook her head and folded her arms across her chest. Aleyha didn't like to be teased like this, while increasing someone's ego. That was just utterly annoying. Aleyha nodded, "Well, rather than going outside, how about the Slytherin Common Room? The last time we were outside, we were caught by that Professor 'in love' with that librarian."

Theodore flinched when she slapped him, he figured that was going to happen with the way he had been acting towards her. Bringing a pale hand up to rub his soft cheek he narrowed his eyes at Aleyha, this girl had some serious mood swings! Just moments ago she was dancing and confessing that she liked him and now, she was smacking him, how lovely. Shoving her back a bit he removed his hand from his face and snorted; "I was only joking around with you, and that hurt." His hand almost went to his cheek again but he decided against it and instead focused on staring her down. He wasn't going to hit her back just yet, seeing as he probably did deserve it a bit.

"I was gonna go suggest we go make out, but not anymore. I hate girls." He crossed his arms over his chest and looked away, obviously annoyed with the fact that he just got smacked by his crush in front of everyone. However heading to the Slytherin common room did sound like as good idea to him, even if he didn't want to speak to her at the moment, let alone walk with her anywhere.

Aleyha shrugged, "Joking around or not, you still deserved every ounce of pain you got." Some people were staring, and when Aleyha made cold, piercing eye contact, they looked away minding their own business. Aleyha tensed up, as she narrowed her eyes at Theodore once more. Oh boy, was he getting on her nerves. Aleyha snapped, "Obviously not because you don't hate me. It doesn't matter though, I wouldn't do that kind of thing anyway." Aleyha decided, instead of getting herself in trouble, and the fact that she was wearing a dress didn't help if she wanted to be physical. So, words would just have to do for now. "You know, I was enjoying myself, and thought it was a good idea to come to the Yule Ball with you, but I guess I was wrong. Most guys are the same, and I can't trust anyone but myself." Aleyha turned her back against him, and she started to push her way out of the Great Hall. With such a small body, it was easy to get around the couples. Her goal was simple. Get to the dungeons.

Theodore was honestly surprised that she would so obviously insult and put him down like that in front of everyone and after a night like this. And that made him disturbingly annoyed and angry, he hated being insulted like that by anyone. 'Reminds me of my father..' Anyone who yelled at him like that always made him feel like he was in the presence of his cold-hearted father, who put him down at any chance he got to. As least he didn't have worry about being beaten here...sort of. With all the control he could manage he stalked after her and stepped in front of her, it didn't take him long to catch up because his legs were far longer than hers. "By the way, your supposed to come to the Snow Manor over the holidays. Have issues with it, then take it up with my father. I'm done here..." Theodore muttered bitterly before gave her one last stare and turned around to head to the dungeons first, maybe a nap or some relaxation would calm him down because being here obviously wasn't going to.

Aleyha had to stop, because none other than the Pretty Boy himself stepped in front of her. She gave him a look that could kill, but the next words were what shocked her. Aleyha retorted out of pure anger, "I'll just go to the Patriarch and be put to death than go to anyplace you will be at." Aleyha couldn't handle this anymore. If she had eyeliner on, then surely enough, it would be running with the tears that raced down those white cheeks. She didn't mean a word she just said; what girl of her age and someone with her gift wanted their life to end so soon? But she was just sick and tired of this. Aleyha walked calmly to the dungeons, taking her time and she wanted to stroll for a bit before finally going into the Slytherin Common Room. Tonight did not go according to plan at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back