Open Third Years Hang Out!

For as sociable as she tried to be, Jenna didn't actually bother spending a lot of time with her own classmates. There were only a small handful of third years she really found bearable and the rest were entirely worth writing off, as far as she was concerned. But appearances had to be made, and so she had made sure to dress up as elegantly as she could before turning up fashionably late to the meetup she had heard about. A quick scan of the group confirmed her suspicions - mostly losers, with the exception of Kaia, who Jenna thought at least had potential, and Natalia, who had somehow managed to be the only even remotely bearable girl in her dorm. Putting on her brightest, fakest smile, Jenna gave a big wave to the group as she approached, not even bothering to pretend she had brought anything to eat. She had brought herself - that was gift enough, and her classmates bringing snacks for her felt much more appropriate. "Hiiiiiiii guys! Hope I didn't miss the party!" She beamed, before making her way over to Kaia, as Natalia seemed busy with some whoever. "Giiirl, your outfit is so cute! Love the top, so edgy!" Compliments, to Jenna, had two uses. One was to tear others down without implicating herself, a simple backhand to remind people how much better than them she was. The other use was closer to sincere, an easy way to gain allies by buttering them up, and this was the approach she was taking now. She had to admit to herself that Kaia's outfit was cute, and if she could use this as a way to get Kaia on her side, so much the better.
@Kaia Stark

Natalia winced when she suddenly heard her name called. She looked up and frowned at Weston, shaking her head quickly. She figured he was only trying to make fun of her anyway, why else call out to her in front of everyone? He just made it more obvious that she was here on her own. Nathan finally headed over to her, and Natalia scowled at Indi briefly before focusing on him. "You shouldn't talk to Indira, she's awful." She told him quietly. Then she winced slightly as Jenna's voice rang through the room. She was the least awful of her roommates, but still overly loud and a bit obnoxious at times.

@Nathan Clarke

Nate didn't even manage to react to what was going on when someone called out his name, his full name, and then he got tightly hugged. It took a moment to understand who it was but he hugged him back anyway. "Jordan Harris, I missed you too," Nate chuckled and messed with his friend's hair. "Well, I was in States, in Ilvermorny. It was like literally one moment thought that I should go with my dad but you could have asked Alice or Tessa, I'm pretty sure that they would tell you," but how he was going to answer the question why he didn't say goodbye? He wasn't sure if there was an excuse that would explain him. "Well, one evening dad offered that I could go with him, and like in the same night we were already on the plane," Nate just hoped that this could work as an excuse because otherwise, he had no other reason why he didn't tell him. "You've grown up," and became really attractive.
@Jordan Harris

Kaia's entrance got way less attention than she hoped to get but Kaia didn't care, she still had a whole evening to get everyone's attention. She just grabbed one of the snacks that she brought and just joined some of the people to not be an outsider because she totally wasn't an outsider. And when Jenna joined the hangout Kaia gave a light smile at her and when Kaia was the one that caught her attention, she just proudly smiled. "I know, right? Tie tops are like my favorite clothing ever," she totally didn't feel like she had to say thank you. Jenna said only facts, yes, facts that were like honey to Kaia but still facts. Who said thank you for facts? "You look so elegantly! That hairstyle suits you so perfectly!" well, one of Kaia's traits was that she was almost always honest and she actually counted Jenna as one of the most beautiful girls in their year but she wasn't going to say that loud thing.
@Jenna Irons

Jordie pouted and pulled back. "You didn't write," he pouted, looping his arms around Nate's waist. "I missed you, meanie." he cuddled closer, looking over briefly to his friends before looking up at his friend. "We should go out or something," he stated, looking up through his hair at the tall boy. "You got tall," he stated. Taller than the other boys. He tried not to blush but failed miserably. The boy was taller than anyone else Jordie knew. He tried to ignore that he liked it. His crushes always failed horribly, he was nervous that if he let this one develop it wouldn't work well either. @Nathaniel Traynor

Nate lightly frowned, yeah, he actually didn't write. "I'm sorry," he quietly apologized while holding arms around Jordie's shoulders in a hug because of the height difference. "I know, I know, I missed you too," he laid his own head on Jordie's head before letting him go. "Yeah, going out sounds good. Come on," Nate came behind Jordie to go behind him, not like following, but making sure that everything is alright. "Hell yeah, I did, I'm the same height as my mom now. But I guess everyone in our year got way taller, didn't they?" He lightly chuckled and opened the door for them.
@Jordan Harris

The fact that France was very late to a party should not have surprised anyone who knew him. Being early or on time was boring. If he was late, then everyone would know who was entering the room, as most people were bound to be at the party by the time he showed up, which meant that the attention would be on him. And Francis loved attention. Normally, he would give his friends a bit of a heads up, but this time, he decided it didn't really matter. He hadn't planned to be late this time after all, like he usually did. It just sort of happened. He had accidentally fallen asleep reading his textbook for Defence. Naturally. Once he woke up, the third year, after realising just how late he was, had proceeded to fall off the bed with a grunt and an 'oof' as he massaged his head. It didn't take him long at all to bring out the snack stash he had under his bed and, well, in all of his bedside drawers, and attempted to hide some of it under his shirt as he made his way to the abandoned classroom, occasionally needing to turn on his charms to any curious onlookers that he passed.

The Gryffindor breathed a sigh of relief once he saw the door to the classroom, and opened it before he stepped inside, a grin on his face as he scanned the room and saw how many people had decided to come. Somehow, this had been much more of a success than the get-together him and Isaiah had attempted to throw back in first year. Tragic. It was a bummer that his roommate hadn't asked him for help, though considering last time, and the fact that France surprisingly hadn't made that many friends the past two years, not to mention the boy was so spontaneous he could be really indecisive, he couldn't blame Isaiah. Well, it was all water under the bridge now. He went to place his share of the snacks on the table, noticing the salad - wait, salad? - and went over to Isaiah and Weston. "Hey dudes," he greeted. "Got a bit of a group here, eh?" he nudged Isaiah.
@Isaiah Thompson @Weston Stirling

Jenna couldn't help her grin broadening as Kaia responded exactly how she had hoped. "Oh my god, so cute, right?" She beamed in response to the other girl's comment. "We should totally organise a clothes swap sometime, at least for all the fashionable girls in the school. It'd be so cool to all find some new stuff to wear, and we could totally bond over it!" She'd been to clothes swaps before with her mum and thought it could be a cute way to make some more connections, though she'd have to be careful to make sure no fashion duds like Brooke or Lucie found their way in. She beamed at Kaia's praise, pushing her hair back and flicking it slightly. "Awwww, thanks girl! I use my mum's special recipe conditioner, it's like, literal magic." She laughed at the joke.
@Kaia Stark

Kaia gave a nod while giggling excitedly and when Jenna offered the clothes swap, Kaia tried to make grabby hands with Jenna. Well, it was pretty obvious that Stark was just using her chance to befriend Jenna, she was pretty, popular and seemed like the best chance to get to their year's most popular kids. "O! M! G! Yes! We totally should! But ugh, do we have any other girl with bearable style in our year?" She frowned a bit and then remembered why she wanted to keep Jenna closer. "But you surely have a bunch of friends with an amazing style, right?" Kaia excitedly giggled again and gave an approving smile to Jenna's hair flick. "I am absolutely sure that you have the best hair routine in this school! I am actually planning on doing keratin treatment or Brazilian blowout in the next break," she said like it wasn't anything so special even tho, she found it really cool.
@Jenna Irons

Jenna beamed at Kaia's enthusiasm, eager to be well on her way to a new ally in her own year. With so many duds in her own dorm room, she needed as many minions her own age as she could get. "Oh my god like, barely any. Like, Natalia is okay if you like like, the kind of chic nerd thing." She said, lowering her voice as she spoke before raising it again. "Which is like, totally cute on her, of course. But there are some older girls we could definitely invite too. Like, have you seen Giselle Rosenberg's outfits? Totally cute. And Ana-Sofia has some really good clothes too. I'm sure we could get enough girls together to get a cute little swap going." She grinned, eyes alight at the thought. This could be a perfect way to really cement her inner circle. She preened at Kaia's praise, grinning broadly. "Oooh, the blowout would be so cute on you! Get it, girl!"
@Kaia Stark

Kaia made face when Jenna said exactly what Kaia thought, their year didn't have anyone with a good style. "Ugh, Natalia's style could be good on such dudes like that... What's her name? She's one year older and Sydney's sister. Right, her style could be good only on that Brooke kiddo. Even my brother has better style than them," Kaia dramatically rolled her eyes before moving on to the next thoughts. "Alright, Giselle is stunning herself. Ana Sofia... Who is Ana Sofia? But Blake Lodge, have you seen her clothes? Cute too. Or Ivy? Looks like she stopped shopping in the worst thrift shops, her style looks way better now, hope she will help that Townsend Chika." Stark was excited to actually talk with someone who knew what was a real style not just some good clothes in the worst possible combination. Kaia lightly winked at Jenna when she said to get the blowout. "I will," she gave a slight nod. "Oh, do you have anyone in mind for the ball? One of the best girls in our year totally has to have a pair," Kaia lightly tried to tease Jenna to get to know if she had a pair or at least someone in her mind for a pair.
@Jenna Irons

Jenna couldn't help a small laugh of agreement with Kaia's putdown of Brooke, though she also knew the importance of keeping Natalia as an ally, and she wouldn't have rumours go round that she had been putting the other girl down, certainly not when she was the only tolerable girl in their nightmare of a dorm. "Oh I dunno, Natalia is at least like, classy about it. You know, like it's nerd chic, she makes it work. Brooke would probably wear a trash bag as a skirt if you hid it in her dresser." She laughed, making a mental note to propose the idea to Seraphina sometime. It wasn't like it would be hard for Jenna to sneak things into Brooke's dorm, after all.

She nodded at Kaia's suggestions, smiling slightly when the girl asked about Ana Sofia. "Ohh Ana Sofia is a Hufflepuff, she's got some really cute outfits. I bet she'd totally be keen for a clothes swap if we asked." She smiled, trying to keep any hint of emotion off her face as she moved on to the girl with the same name as her brother. "Blake Lodge is a great choice too, she's totally stylish." She smiled, though her voice was a little tight just at mention of the name Blake. It was a relief to change subjects to the ball, and she giggled slightly, playing coy. "Wellll, I've been to the last two dances with Noah Mendes, he's super sweet. We haven't made anything official yet but you know, maybe the Yule Ball." She smiled shyly. As far as Jenna was concerned, Noah already belonged to her, and making it official was a matter of semantics.
@Kaia Stark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back