Third Time's the Charm

"Yes, you are correct in everything you said." The solution suddenly turned black and congealed in the cauldron. With a frustrated sigh Sophia set down the fluxweed she was holding and looked up at Estrella.

"I thought perhaps because I had a knack for Potions and grew up making potions with my mother that I might be able to accomplish it, but it is proving more difficult than I imagine."

Estrella shrugged a bit, and she replied simply, "Maybe you just have to practice at it more? I mean, once you get into more advanced potions there's gonna be some challenges. Just like Charms or Defense.. We're not going to get the Patronus Charm or Impediment Jinx right away when we finally get to try it." She was a bit surprised at how much she was talking, which was more than usual lately. "Or maybe it's just not your calling?" she added after a bit, giving Sophia a blank look.

Sophia stared blankly at Estrella. "Potions, not my calling? Now you are being ridiculous." Sophia pointed her wand at her cauldron and used Scourgify to clean out the contents. Yes, what Estrella was saying about more difficult and complex magic was true and made sense, but this was Potions. Sophia had always excelled wonderfully at Potions. She attributed her failures to the fact that her mind was still a jumble because of Bruin.

((Gah, I just lost this whole post! Grr!))

Estrella smirked back at Sophia, replying hastily, "Just a suggestion." She couldn't judge Sophia for being too defensive, however, as she figured that she would get that defensive if someone said something like that about her and charms.

"Where are you going over the holidays?" she inquired suddenly, as Valcan had told them they had the break to themselves.

Sophia looked up at Estrella, both surprised and glad that she had decided to be civil. "I was thinking of going to visit with my mother. She left your father and is staying with my uncle. Where will you go?" Sophia had no idea what all Estrella knew about their parents' relationship, but was sure she would find out soon.

"That would be nice," Estrella replied, lying quickly, "I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I might just go back to the Herrogard if I can't think of anything." She of course was planning on spending the break with her father, suddenly wondering what had become of her brother. "Did you mom say anything about Erik?" she asked eagerly, wondering how the split up had affected her little brother.

Sophia smirked at Estrella. "Yes, she did. My mother is caring for Erik for the time being. Even though Erik is not biologically her son she cares for him as her own and believes she is much better able to care for him than your father is. I mean, look at what happened to you. He obviously has no parenting skills."

Estrella looked back at Sophia incredulously, unsure whether to feel insulted or not. "I would suppose so," she replied slowly, her cheeks flushing a bit. She was a bit jealous that she never got to have a relationship with her brother, and Sophia, visiting her mother possibly would.

"No parenting skills? You could say that, at least, not with young children." She snapped her mouth shut, afraid that she was saying a bit too much.

"I am sure my mother would let you visit with Erik if you wanted. I surely have no desire to interact with him. In fact, I was thinking of asking her to let your father have him while I am there. I am unsure as to whether or not they have spoken yet, but I suppose I will find out soon."

Sophia took her eyes off of Estrella and went back to cleaning up her things. She had had enough of trying with the potion and decided she needed to study the ingredients and procedure to try and figure out what she was doing wrong.

"Not one for kids, huh?" Estrella inquired, raising her eyebrow. She thought that was a bit harsh, although she was not in Sophia's situation either. "I might be able to see him then-" she slipped, sealing her mouth shut before she could say anymore. She stepped away from Sophia, trying to conceal her anger at her own stupidity. She didn't feel like revealing to anyone that she would be spending the Holidays with her father, after all. She knew that many would not take it well.

"I guess you could say that. Especially as the child is of no importance to me." Sophia had gathered all of her things and picked up her cauldron. "There, now you can have the space all to yourself. Just leave my potions ingredients alone." Turning on her heel, her long black hair whipping around behind her, Sophia walked swiftly from the room, not bothering to wait for a valediction from Estrella.

Sophia Stark said:
"I guess you could say that.  Especially as the child is of no importance to me."  Sophia had gathered all of her things and picked up her cauldron. "There, now you can have the space all to yourself.  Just leave me potions ingredients alone.Turning on her heel, her long black hair whipping around behind her, Sophia walked swiftly from the room, not bothering to wait for a valediction from Estrella.
(((Arg! Are you a pirate now? :D )))

Estrella watched as Sophia left, unsure what to think. Sure, she might be able to see her brother, but what would happen? She really didn't know.

Sighing, she sat down on one of the desks, her expression blank.

[Believe it or not I do not find it amusing when every typo I make on this site on pointed out. No, I am not perfect, thank you for reminding me and everyone else.]

((Hey, I haven't pointed out other typos. No one inferred that they were perfect- I was simply messing around.))

Estrella Drage said:
((Hey, I haven't pointed out other typos. No one inferred that they were perfect- I was simply messing around.))
[That is fine, but I was simply letting you know I do not appreciate it and did not find it nearly as amusing as you did. I was also not inferring that you personally point out every typo I make. This is not the first time my typos have been commented on in the open like this.]

((I apologize. I'll keep that in mind; I have an odd sense of humor.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back