Third SDA Meeting

"Okay! I thought that maybe we could separate into years...like second years, third years, and such. That way we can practice approved spells on each other. For the dummies it doesn't much matter if we're in groups I guess." Kat replied to Professor Fletcher. Just then Violet arrived, looking a little flustered and Kat smiled at the girl saying sweetly, "You're okay. We haven't actually started yet! Thanks for coming!"

"That sounds good" Tom said agreeing with Katalina, "So then they can practice the spells they know in their year". Another girl arrived and "Hello there" Tom said beaming.

Kat whistled loudly, hoping that it would call the conversation to a halt. "Alright guys," she said once she had everyone's attention, "First we're going to practice basic defensive spells on the dummies. Once we've all had a bit of practice time we are going to separate into groups. Second years in one group, third years in another, and fourth years together." Kat waited to see if there would be any questions from the members, but once she saw that they looked to understand she continued on. "Once we are in groups we will pair off best we can and actually practice 'grade appropriate' spells on each other. I have here a list of acceptable spells for each grade level." With that Katalina handed a piece of parchment to each SDA member and gave them a moment to look over it.

((Okay guys...I want each one of you to make a post practicing on the dummies. Once everyone has done that then we can move forward to practicing on each other. Everyone got that? If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!! Have fun!!))

Mike listened as Kat, explained what they would be doing, and after she had finished, Mike grabbed a dummy, and brandished his wand, stepping about ten paces back from it. Mike flourished his wand "Depulso" Mike said, the Dummy was drove back by an invisible force. Mike then decided to try accio, and the dummy was summoned to Mike successfully. Mike then decided to place a book in the dummy's hand, and to imagine that was a wand. "Expelliarmus" Mike said, and the book flew out the hand. Mike retrieved the book, and placed it in the hand again, and disarmed it successfully. Mike then decided to protect it. "Protego" Mike boomed at the dummy. To see if it had worked Mike was going to try and stun it. "Stupefy" Mike said, and a red light, was emitted, and connected inches away from the dummy, and rebounded off. Protego had worn off, and Mike tapped his wand "Stupefy", and the Dummy was knocked over seconds later. Mike placed it upright. Mike then waited for everyone else to finish.

"I'm fine"he said with a smile and than listened to what kat had to say."Well Kasey we cant pair up.Sorry"he said apollogically.He went after mike, his wand tightly grasped in his hand and started with stunning spell.He raised his wand and said loud and clear"Stupefy!" and the dummy was thrown back and stunned.It got up and than Andrew did the shield char,.As the dummy aimed he shouted" Protego" and a shield was formed between them.Lastly, he did the disamrming charm, fully concentrating because he was weak at this he said" Experlliamus" and luckily the dummy's wand flew out of his hand.He walked to the rear of the line to give chance to someone else.

((Sorry in advance for my monsterly huge post :p))

When Hilary heard the unfamiliar voice she turned her head. "Hilary Grace, at your service." she said with a smile and nod "And welcome to HNZ professor, I guess I'll be in your class next term." She said it happily although she had been sad when she heard about the departure of their previous professors, she had a feeling this guy would do great. After thinking about this briefly she turned her attention to Kat.

Katalina started explaining the drill of getting into groups from your year and practicing spells on each other. She looked around and saw no other fourth years but decided they'd cross that bridge when they got to it. As Kat was passing out the list of spells Hilary looked at a copy and saw some of the new ones she had not tried before. When they were told to start Hilary took her list and went over to one of the dummies.

As a sort of warm up she decided to start at the top of the list with the first year spells and work downwards. She glanced down at it looking for the spells that would work best in this circumstance. She lifted her wand and flourished it at the dummy, "Stupefy!" she called and it was knocked over. She levitated the dummy successfully and stunned the dummy again. As she had a simple dummy, it wasn't about to attack her so she had no need to set up a shield. She opened her bag and sent one of her fake wands over to the dummy and it settled in its hand. "Expelliarmus" she said pointing her wand at the dummy, disarming him.
"Petrificus Totalus" she said knocking the dummy over again. She levitated him back up again and placed him back into his stand.

She was feeling comfortable with these spells and so she tried one she had not used yet, the charm to enlarge things. "Incendio" she mumbled and her dummy lit on fire.... "Fire?, I meant to make the dummy bigger !" she cried out looking down at her list and seeing her mistake with allignment. "Um..." she looked down at the list for a water spell, but didn't see when. Then it struck her, "Finite" Hilary cried out and the small flames ceased.

Going a little red out of embaressment she mumbled apollogize to those around her and decided that that was enough practice for now. She walked over to Kat, "Um Kat, you said to partner up with others from our year but I am the only fourth year. What would you like me to do? I promise that I won't light anyone on fire..." She smiled trying to laugh it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back