The Winterling lair

Liz nodded, confirming everything Serpentes had said about her wishes.

"I would like to join the death eaters." she smirked playfully, "and I'm certainly hoping that your kind isn't as... frilly... as Ravus seems to think."

Liz decided to play with his curiosity a bit. "All other reasonings will be discussed with Valcon, then, if you'd be so kind?"

Tristan's eyes narrowed. "Have you spoken to your father about this?"

Liz narrowed her eyes as well, "He and I have lost correspondence since I was sorted into Gryffindor. This is no longer a choice that he is allowed ANY influence on. He has been a very small part of my life the last two years, and until I hear a sincere apology, which I am not expecting, he will REMAIN a small part of my life."

Draven frowned pausing halfway out the doorway. "You failed to warn me," he said calmly, pausing so that Serpentes would understand that his next words where entirely diliberate, "that she was a Shifter as well. Her loss is your own falt old man."

"Alright," Tristan said, quite taken aback by her fiery reply. "Did you wish to go directly to my father's house?"

Now it was Liz's turn to be taken aback. "Valcon is your father?" she asked, surprised.

After a moment of re-composure, she nodded. "Yes, that would be ideal."

"Grab onto my arm," Tristan said. He waited for her to do so. "We're going to be apparating."

In an instant, Serpentes was on his feet, his eyes suddenly sharp and snake like as he faced Draven. "Don't you dare forget your place, boy!" He snarled, his fragile, old frame suddenly seeming so much stronger than it should have been.

He paused for a moment, knowing that he was on the verge of Shifting, as he struggled to regain his control. "You WILL find her and you will keep her HERE until I send for her, do you understand? In this, you will not disobey me," He hissed dangerously, before settling back into his chair as if nothing had happened.

Liz stepped forward and grabbed his arm, ready for apparition.

She resisted the urge to make some joke about how their relationship had to remain platonic, and instead turned to Serpentes. Liz felt an extremely bizarre urge to want to protect Draven... But my protection is like tissue paper with this crowd, at the moment.

Instead of trying to stop him from hurting Draven, she simply said, "Thank you for the assistance."

Tristan ignored the argument that was going on, deciding that it would be much better to let things play out with them. He didn't have to interfere.

Making sure that Liz had hold of his arm, he disapparated with her in tow.

Draven rolled his eyes, his arm snapping back to catch Ravus' shoulder before his brother apparated without him, "We shall see." He replied coolly, entirely in the wrong mood to worry about the conciquences of his actions.

Ravus snorted in surprise and amusement at Draven's unexpected rebellion, grinning fiercely as he apparated the both of them safely away from the house, leaving Serpentes alone with his rage, and no where to vent.

Rising to his feet again, Serpentes watched them vanish, grinding his teeth in anger. "Hunting," he hissed in a low, venomus tone to no one in particular, "sounds like a wonderful idea. Wonder what game I can find in Syberia this time of year..."

With that he apparated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back