The very first venture.

Jacob Cooper

It was a very cold night outside.Under all his blankets,Jacob Cooper couldn't get to sleep.He didn't know that reason but every now and then he thought that he should take a walk.He didn't feel tired at all.
So after alot of time he decided that he should come out of bed.He sat in an upright position on his bed.And then he pulled off the covers. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and decided that he should run a comb through his hair.He combed his hair very neatly,as if going to meet some one.
He went out of his dorm and out of the common room.He walked at a fast pace but made no noise.He reached the entrance hall and walked out.Looking at his watch he realised it was five minutes before mid-night.He walked on the lawn but went closer to the edge of the forest.When he was at the very first tree he didn't hesistate and entered.He walked for five minutes.When it was just some seconds to mid-night,he was deep into the forest where the trees were old and thick.He had his wand lighted and then he summoned some very Loud firecrackers from his dorm.They came flying to him.He diecided that it would be best to set them on fire in some clearing so he walked alittle farther and entered a small clearing.He put one of the fire crackers in the middle of the clearing and set it off.
There were five big bangs.They weren't fancy fire crackers but just simply noisy.They could get someone easily panicked.

Carla was out of it. She'd been sitting in this tree all evening and didn't really want to move. She listened to the sounds of silence. Suddenly she heard loud bangs, making her jump and slipping off the branch. She instinivly grabbed it and hung there by one hand, looking down for a good landing she let go and fell to the ground, managing not to get too mucky. She looked in the direction of the noise and headed towards it, wand in hand. She found a Slytherin setting off firecrackers and she rolled her eyes. "Perfect spot!" she called out, referring to the trees nearby.

Jacob turned arround and saw a girl coming towards him out of the trees."Well, I had to find a clearing and this was the best I could find."he said grinning at the fellow slytherin.He remembered her from his classes.
"Want to join me?"he asked indicating at the firecrackers in his hand.

Carla smiled, not sure what to do. He was right this was a pretty good clearing, but it could still be dangerous. Hearing her mothers words in her head she decided not to be a danger-freak. "Sure" she grinned back and walked over to join him. "I'm Carla by the way. Carla Hunde" she said.

"Carla,nice name.I'm Jacob Cooper.You can call me Jake if you like."he told Carla and set another firecracker on the forest floor.He pointed his wand at it and said,"Incendio!" and sent a spark of fire and the firecracker went of with an earsplitting bang.
"You next"he told Carla giving her a firecracker.

Carla grinned, "Jake it is then". Eve though she was expecting it this time she still jumped when he set off another firecracker. "Alright" she said wearily taking the next one. She'd never tried this before so decided to copy him. She layed it on the floor and got out her wand. This would be the first spell as well she would have ever done with her new wand. "Incendio" she said pointing at it, and watched as red and yellow flames burst up and exploaded.

Jake watched as Carla burst the firecracker but didn't even flinch when it went off.He had learnt due time how not to overreact to sound.He tossed another one to the ground and set it off with a bang.
"You are in Slytherin right?"he asked her remembering her from some of his classes.

(posting as)

Carla watched as more were set off and started to get used to the bang. "Yeah i'm in Slytherin. You are too yeah? It's 'coz it's the best!" she recalled grinning.

"You got that right!"he said grinning.He was proud to be in slytherin and yet to stand out and be friendly.He thought that Carla was like him in some ways.He tossed another firecracker and burst it.
"I specially came here to see what the Professors were doing.I am sure you can hear this noise in the castle."he told her."What brings you here?"he asked.

She laughed, maybe he wasn't too bad? "What? Are you trying to get into trouble?" she asked poking her tongue out at him. "Just the trees," she said calming, glancing to him. She knew it might sound strange, "I mean, just sitting in them, it's comfy" she grinned.

"Yeah,It's simply so quite out here,one could fall in love with it.But not the monsters who dwell in it."he said grinning.He had heard of cantuars,Acromantulas,hippogriffs,unicorns and many other creatures that lived in this forest.

Carla grinned, "Yeah, deadly quiet" she said wiggling her eyebrows. it wasn't called forbidden for nothing. She was about to light another firecracker when she asked, "Did you just make that up?" curious.

Carla laughed a bit, "No, i mean you just said.It's simply so quite out here,one could fall in love with it.But not the monsters who dwell in it. That sounded like you were quoting from a book" she grinned, wondering if he relized how impressive that had actually been.

Carla smiled warmly. The bright lights of the firecrackers had made her eyes adjust to the light and as she momentarily looked away from them, she found everything else was dark. "So do you come here often?" she asked half teasing because this was the forest.

"Nope,I'ts my first time to come her.I wanted to make sure how far from trouble you can stay over here.But it seems that it's a professor's holiday today from the looks of it."he said grinning.He was sure that he would come here again someday soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back