Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Augustus)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Birch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Addison had always found facts to be comforting. She loved her odd tidbits and interesting information. But this new truth, the one she knew was fact, it hurt her deeply. She had been so infatuated with Augustus, she had been so enamored by his dark hair and his deep blue eyes. She adored him so much. She had thought maybe she had a chance. Sure, it had been slow, Augustus wasn't the romantic type and she had honestly thought that he was perhaps just preoccupied with his studies. She had thought maybe if she had really tried, he might see her.

But she had been wrong. While she had been infatuated, staring longingly at him whenever he wasn't looking, he was looking at her. At someone else. Addison had done her best, been supportive, tried to stand by him. She made her way out to the lake. It was a few days since the ball. She had been in denial. Hiding. Pretending she wasn't so upset. But as time wore on, her heart fell further and further to her feet. Eventually it felt like it was dragging along behind her as she moved, thudding and bouncing painfully against every shift and bump in the ground.

She made it out to the lake, and originally she had hoped that the fresh air would clear the heavy air out of her lungs, the cobwebs that had cluttered her mind. But as she stared out at the water, thought she saw a shifting beneath the surface, she broke. She and Augustus had sat out here so many times. Talking. Watching the water. The wind had been cool, the sun warm. Addison sat back, almost falling under the weight of her own grief. She was going to let him go. She knew she was. He had never been hers to keep. He had never wanted her. He would never want her.

Addison couldn't keep from crying, burying her head in her arms. She bit her lip, barely making a noise as the tears soaked her cheeks. She shook, as if all the noise was pent up and reverberating inside her trying to break free.

Ever since the new semester had started, Lucas had been switching between feeling anger and sadness. He had actually been pretty optimistic when the semester really started, but that all ended when he had seen Nikko and Connor together on the train. He hadn't spoken to either of them, but it was clear from how they had been together that something had happened between them. Lucas was actually pretty sure they were dating. It hurt, as he had thought that Nikko might like him the way he liked Nikko. Especially when he always thought Connor was a lot like him, just older... nicer... cooler... Basically better in every way. Of course, Nikko would go for him rather than Lucas, why wouldn't he? Lucas had spent the rest of the train ride angrily glaring out the window, watching the landscape fly by as the train moved over the railway track.

Being at Hogwarts hadn't improved his mood all that much. He was upset, and it sucked most that he had no one to talk to about this. Kas and Freya would both tease him mercilessly but wouldn't actually help, and things with Casper were still weird enough that he wouldn't talk about anything to do with relationships with him. Normally, Lucas would go to Connor with things like this, but that obviously wasn't an option.

While Lucas almost wanted to stay in his dorm with a box of tissues and cry his eyes out, he forced himself to go outside and attempt to find a distraction. He headed towards the lake, hoping to talk to someone there or at least see something that might take his mind off things. But as he arrived, he saw a huddled figure who was clearly crying. He paused, looking at the girl warily for a moment. Only then did he realize who it was, they had had a conversation here not that long ago. Crap, now Lucas couldn't leave without feeling like a jerk. Maybe she wanted to be left alone, but he couldn't know that until he asked. He wasn't sure how he felt about Addison after their last conversation, but she was clearly distraught and he couldn't just ignore it. "Addison?" He asked carefully.

Addison nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard someone say her name. She looked up guiltily, her cheeks stained with tears. "L-Lucas," She stammered, her voice small and hoarse. She turned away quickly, trying to wipe away the tears. What was it with her running into Lucas at all the worst times? She sniffled, biting her lip and trying to pull herself together.

Lucas looked down at Addison with a slight frown. He still didn't know how he felt about her. They weren't exactly friends. But... she looked very sad. "Did something happen?" He asked her quietly. "If you want I can just leave you alone, pretend I didn't see you." He added, half hoping she would pick that option. "If you want to be left alone, I mean." He added quietly, not wanting to sound rude either. Still, she probably had people she would rather talk to while so upset.

Addison hesitated a moment, but it felt like her head couldn't string together the coherent thought required to answer the question properly. She let out a heavy sigh, swiping at his cheeks. "He likes Nicole," she spoke softly. "I tried. I did. I tried to look pretty and I sent him a love note I didn't sign, but I... he..." she sniffled, shaking her head. "He just... he likes her. She's older and prettier and popular." Addy wiped her sleeve over her eyes. "I'm just awkward and full of stupid facts."

Lucas frowned when Addison said he liked Nicole, wondering who 'he' was. He then remembered their conversation last time and winced. "That... stinks." He told her, sitting down next to her with a sigh. "The guy I like is dating one of my best friends." He muttered. "I don't think it's anything you have control over, y'know. People like who they like." He muttered, though he knew that it would be a lot easier to like Connor than him. He was so much cooler. "I'm sorry." He added. "I... do know how you feel." He then said with a small shrug. "For... what it's worth."

Addy sighed heavily, leaning into Lucas and placing her head on his shoulder. "Why does it hurt so much?" She asked, sniffling and rubbing her sleeves over his eyes. "I want him to be happy, why do I have to hurt so much?" She asked, before burying her face in his shoulder and trying to stabilize her breathing.

Lucas was a bit surprised when Addison asked him why it hurt so much. He shrugged, blushing a bit. "I don't know. It sucks." He muttered. "I mean, he's not... dating her, is he?" He knew who Nicole Fisk was, and her type seemed to be people like Eric Holland if Lucas remembered the gossip correctly. "I'm sure he'll move on soon." He mumbled though he knew it wasn't that easy.

Addy shook her head. "He's not," she replied softly. "But I don't think it matters. He just... doesn't see me that way. I don't think he ever will," she sighed, hiccuping softly and rubbing her sleeve over her eyes. "He sent me a rose. A yellow one," She curled up tighter against Lucas, taking comfort in his warmth. "I feel so silly. He's been my only friend. I should have known he'd never like me,"

Lucas sighed. "I know, it sucks." He said softly. "But... from what I can tell, you're still very important to him. I know that might just hurt more, but..." Lucas shrugged. "Maybe you'll like someone else. You could try." He said, hesitantly. "It's what I did when the boy I liked started dating someone else. I found someone new to like." He admitted. "I know that's not quite how it works, but I at least tried to keep my eyes open, you know?" He said with a small shrug. "Not that that worked out for me, but it might for you."

Addy sniffled, running her fingers lightly over the hem of his shirt. "Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked, pouting. "I messed up pretty badly. I thought you hated me," She admitted softly, rubbing her sleeve over her nose. She was sad enough, sure, but she was worried Lucas would just hate her more.

Lucas shrugged, glancing at her fingers awkwardly. "I mean, I wasn't happy with you." He shrugged again, looking away. "But it was a mistake, you didn't do it on purpose. And it at least got us to talk, even if Casper got mad at me." He mumbled, wincing as he remembered how Casper had yelled at him.

Addy was surprised, pulling away a bit to look up at Lucas. "Casper... got mad?" She blinked. "I didn't know Cas could get mad." She sighed softly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a fight," Addy shook her head, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Lucas nodded. "Me neither, but he's really upset. I honestly worry about him a bit." He mumbled. "It's okay, I think he was angry with me already."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back