Closed The Truth Comes Out

Kami paused as Ian stopped her. She stood, arms full of clothes. She raised a brow. "What...?" She started but stopped as he pulled out a... a stick and with a wave, Arthur's room cleaned itself. She stood there as Ian kissed her forehead, shock keeping her still. "Well," She managed after a moment. "You'll certainly come in useful around the house," She teased. "Cleaning the room, fixing my vase. What is there you can't do?" She asked, curious. She stepped closer and stood on tiptoe, one hand on his arm while the other arm was still full of clothes. Just before her lips could touch his, her phone rang. She nearly jumped out of her skin, laundry spilling from her arms as she stepped back. She gave Ian an apologetic smile as she pulled her phone from her pocket.

"Hello?" She put the phone to her ear. A deep voice answered the other end, sounding rushed. Kami chuckled. "What, no, no, I'm fine, I, ah, I overslept. I'll be there soon. I promise." She stepped away a bit again, a warm smile on her face. "No, I don't need you to come to get me. What am I, five? I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Relax." The voice chattered in her ear a moment. "Uh-huh. Love you too, kill-joy. Bye." She hung up, putting the phone back in her pocket before turning back to Ian. "Hey, I'm sorry, but I need to go. Do you... um, would you maybe want to come over for dinner tonight?" She asked shyly, fiddling with the hem of one of the shirts in her arms.

Avarian laughed at the shock registered on Kami's face. She may have a wizard for a son but until Arthur reached seventeen, he could not do magic outside Hogwarts. Asked what he could not do, "Well, I could not ask you to marry me since you put me on probation", he teased. His breath was caught in his throat the moment she stepped closer. He moved closer to her as well, placing his hands on her waist as she tiptoed to kiss him. Fate was playing a joke on him when Kami's phone rang, breaking the moment. He watched her as she took the call, noticing the emotions playing on her face. He took a step back and was about to go about checking Arthur's room when he heard Kami said I love you to whoever it was. He was stunned. Whirling around, he was speechless as she ended the call. Wide eyes gazed at her, not minding the question she asked. "I love you? Who was that?", he looked confused. "Kameron, here I am baring my heart to you and you just easily said I love you to somebody else. Is there something I should know?" He was trying to conceal the hurt.

Kami blinked in surprise at Ian's response. It took her a moment to understand why he looked upset. She couldn't help but giggle. "Oh, Avarian, no. That was Killian. I'm sure you remember him. Big, tall, absolutely hates you?" She deposited the laundry in her arms into the nearly full laundry basket before walking over to Ian. She stood on both tiptoes and kissed him, slow and sweet. She pulled away just enough to look in his eyes. She smiled warmly, running a finger down his jaw. "So, dinner tonight? I promise not to tell my scary big brother," She teased.

Avarian did not realize he was holding his breath until he let it out. He chuckled at his misunderstanding. "Oh. Killian.Big, scary Killian. Is he still bald?" He teased although he was anxious that Kami's brother absolutely adored hated him. He was taken aback by the kiss but quick to respond, pulling her closer to him. He looked down at her,smiling. "I could get used to this." He kissed her again before he nodded. "Dinner it is. This time,my place. I'll pick you up." He was already thinking of apparating her from her place to his.

Kami giggled, wrapping her arms around Ian's neck. "Yes, very bald. And still very tall. And broad." She ran her hand down Ian's chest. Did she really need to go? She sighed. Yes, she needed to go see her brother. This was still too new to have Killian's wrath thrown into the mix. She smiled softly as Ian agreed to pick her up for dinner. "Alright," She agreed. "I'll see you at seven." She kissed his cheek and stepped back. "Do you want me to walk you out? I'm still keeping your shirt," She told him with a wry grin. "I need something to keep me warm during the long, cold, lonely nights." She teased, turning and walking out of Arthurs room.

Avarian nodded, chuckling at Kami's description of her twin. They were twins but Killian's size was the total opposite of hers. Putting the thoughts of her brother to the back of his mind, he focused his attentipn on the beauty in front of him. He nodded to her question, he groaned out loud when she said she was keeping his shirt for the long cold nights. If he had his way, he would take her right there and then. "Kami...", he groaned once more as he followed her out of his son's room.
As soon as they reached the hall to the kitchen, he pulled her in for another kiss before winking at her. He pulled out and just before apparating, "Laters baby." He flicked his wand and apparated out of her home.

Kami chewed her lip as they made their way through her house. What was happening? How had it come to this so quickly? What was this? She tried to make sense of the thoughts whirling in her head. "Ian, I-" She began, but he spun her into his arms and kissed her. She was caught off guard for a moment. "Mm, Ian-" She tried again, but before she knew what was happening he had literally disappeared in front of her with a pop. "Ian?" She asked, startled. No, he was gone. Her heart beat faster and a bit of a panic attack set in.

She leaned against the wall, trying to get control of herself. He's gone again, he's left, you have no idea how to get ahold of him. It was nothing, you're nothing. She shook her head, smacking her cheeks a few times and forcing herself back to the present. "No, you're going to dinner with him tonight. Relax, Kameron." She slid down the wall, focusing on her breathing. It took her a few minutes, but she managed to get her heart rate back under control. As she went to stand, she heard an insistent knocking on her door. "Hold on, hold on, you big baby, I'm coming." She called out to her brother, making her way downstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back