Roman Hyde

Who Wants to Live Forever?
OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
It wasn't often when one of Roman's associates pulled something that he would consider truly surprising. Bernard pulling some botched attempt at healing magic, expected. Eustacia having some interesting but ultimately pointless ideas about reanimation, expected. Frederick overly keen to help first and ask questions later, expected. But Rupert Cresswell running for Minister of Magic. Now that was something worth investigating.

Roman was well aware that this could all but some sort of scheme on Rupert's part; an attempt to gain political footing or distract from other endeavor, but the fact remained that he was bringing an awful lot of scrutiny down on himself for some reason. And if he was in fact serious about this, there were other things to consider. Roman wasn't sure he could procure the sorts of items he liked if Rupert was suddenly surrounded by Aurors every damned day.

Straightening his robes, Roman stepped into the fireplace, emerging in Rupert's familiar sitting room in a flash of green flame. "Mr Cresswell! Hope I'm not interrupting your busy schedule," he called brightly, brushing some errant soot from his shoulder. "Word on the street is you've entered into a career change and I'm deathly curious about it all," he said, surreptitiously checking the room in case the rumours were in fact true and he already needed to be on the look out for Aurors.

There were many, many benefits to working entirely for oneself, Rupert had learned many years ago. A new one he was quite enjoying was the fact that it was remarkably easy to take a break from work and run for office. He had largely closed up shop to focus on the campaign, which had left his evenings blessedly free While he was working non-stop during the day, Rupert had come to enjoy settling in for the evenings with a good book and a better brandy, and leaving his political woes behind for the time. So he was quite comfortable in the sitting room when the floor flared, setting his book aside as he took in who had visited him. "Roman! Good to see you, lad." He said cheerfully, rising to his feet. "Can I offer you a brandy?" He asked, already reaching for his wand to summon another glass. "I have indeed, it's been quite a chaotic time. I'd love to tell you all about it." He spotted the younger man looking around and decided not to alleviate his worries. Rupert doubted the Scitorari would send someone to assassinate him off the bat, but he knew enough about them to know it was a distinct possibility if they thought he was a risk. Best to let them assume he was guarded at all times, and tighten the list of those who could access his floo substantially.

Roman schooled his expression into something much more jovial when a quick scan of the room proved he and Rupert were in fact alone, at least for the time being. "That'd be lovely, ta. Sounds like you and I have a lot to catch up on," he said with a grateful nod, joining Rupert at one of the chairs near the fireplace and arranging himself with casual interest. "Running for minister is quite the jump, I must say," he said lightly, waiting politely as Rupert fixed them both drinks before raising his in a quick toast to his host. "One has to wonder what came over you to drive that particular decision. And what it might mean for your regular business." While Roman wasn't one to speak without caution in normal circumstances, he was even more cautious with his words today. It seemed unlikely that this scheme of Rupert's was with the intent to sell out the Scitorari, but it didn't mean that the Ministry wasn't keeping close tabs on Rupert or his home and Roman was well prepared to watch his footing. There was no reason for this to come across as anything but a friendly chat with a regular friend and customer, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back