Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Freya
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Asaiah was excited for this to happen. It had been an awfully long time ago since he last had a roommate and now, if everything would go well, he would be sharing the apartment with one of his earliest friends at Hogwarts. He had offered her the extra bedroom almost immediately after she told him that she was looking for a place. He was failing in keeping in touch with most of his school friends, which he felt guilty about because he truly loved all of them. This was his way of changing that, however. Freya was one of the only people Asaiah was still talking to, apart from Odette and the other former Hogwarts students on the Macaws team, of course. It had taken the boy several minutes to make sure that every dirty little thing around the apartment was cleaned. His laundry was folded neatly into piles, the dishes in the sink were cleaning and drying themselves, and he had taken care of the trash lying about in the living room and kitchen. Asaiah wasn't the cleanest person at times, usually too tired from training or matches to do stuff around the house. But the former Slytherin wanted to impress his friend by showing her how clean the apartment was and how well of a roommate he would be were she to move in with him. Once Asaiah was finished, or at least he thought that he was, the apartment looked cleaner than it had ever done, he waited patiently for his friend to arrive.

Freya had finally gotten her life back on the rails: she had been living in a small, cosy apartment for a while now and had finally managed to get herself a job. Things were going swimmingly. Untill things went a little south again and she had to leave the ppartment that was just starting to feel like home to her. A minor setback, but she was sure she'd be able to handle it. The situation had Freya considering moving back to Norway, but she just didn't want to leave New Zealand. At least not at the moment. Funny, how things could change. All of this had lead her to where she was right now: on the doorstep of her friends home. Asaiah was the first friend Freya had made at Hogwarts and even though they managed to lose track of each other for a couple of years, they had somehow managed to bump into each other a while ago. Freya had been surprised how easy talking to him had felt and how their friendship had managed to last. Even after having absolutely no clue about the other's life for years. What had her taken aback even more was how easily Asaiah had offered her a place to live after she had told him about having to move out. Sure, they had been back in touch for some time now but he had offered her the room without even seemingly thinking about it. Freya had been extremely grateful, yet she couldn't help but also be a little bit nervous. She had told her friend that she'd think about it all, but that also meant that she'd have to make a decision today. Pushing all of her thoughts to the side she smiled, before finally knocking on the door. After all, standing in front of the door all day wasn't going to do her any good.

Asaiah jumped up from the couch when he heard knocking on the door. It had been some time since he was last this excited for something. He hurried over to the door and opened it with a wide smile. She was one of those friends with whom he could still hang around and have fun with even after months of not seeing them. It made him wish, however, that he had been more of a friend to her whilst they were still students. He was always so occupied with Marisol and Wyatt and Tesla and Quidditch that he had sort of forgotten of her existence until they would run into each other somewhere in the castle. He hoped that this would change that though, hoped that it would make him the friend that he was supposed to be. ''Welcome to my humble abode,'' the Beater said happily, standing aside so that she could enter the two-bed apartment. ''I know it's not much but I think it will do nicely for the two of us - that is if you want to live with me, of course.'' He didn't even know if he wanted to live with himself, he could get messy sometimes.

It wasn't untill Freya's knuckles connected with the door that she realized she had never been to Asaiah's place before. She couldn't help but chuckle when the door opened and her friend was happily stood in the doorway. He seemed excited and she smiled when he moved so she could step in. "It's nice." The apartment was about as big as her own one and for the couple of months she had lived there she had always found it to feel extremely homely. Perhaps because it was small. Asaiah's apartment also seemed to be more clean than she had expected it to be and she raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't think cleaning the entire place is giving off a fair view of what you'd be like as a flatmate." Freya joked. "I have a brother, I know boys are messy." She chuckled. Her brother had never been the worst in making a mess, but between him and their father she had gotten her fair share of mess and stuff just lying around wherever it shouldn't be. "But I appreciate the effort." She smiled at her friend, genuinly meaning it. "And I appreciate you offering me a place to live."

Asaiah grinned. ''You'd rather I invite you into my pigsty then?'' Perhaps he had overdone himself a bit. He could've gone with a little less cleaning, of course, but this was important to him. Asaiah smiled back at her. ''Yeah, no worries. It was starting to get a little lonely here after all. I've got Axel, but owls don't talk back to you.'' he said with a chuckle. ''No, the previous roommate moved out a couple of weeks ago so the bedroom was just there collecting dust.'' It would be nice to live with someone else again, although he also really liked all the privacy and not having to care much about what the other person would think of his rituals. ''Do you want anything to drink?'' Asaiah said as he moved toward the fridge. ''I've got beer... juice... milk, no hang on, don't take the milk it has expired, and soda.'' He'd forgotten all about the expired milk whilst thoroughly cleaning the living room and bedrooms.

Freya tried to suppress a smile as she rolled her eyes and shook her at her friends response. "Only if there would have been pigs in there with you." She replied, trying to keep her face as serious as possible as she teased him. Asaiah would have to get used to a little friendly banter if she were to live here. After all she had been a relatively quiet kid for most of the time he had known her at school, but that had certainly changed during her travels. "Well up and till now it looks positively better than having to go through the process of looking for something else." She smiled. It had taken quite some time for her to find her own apartment and get settled and she didn't really feel like going through that again not even a year later. "Well there goes the A-plus cleaning." Freya chuckled as she sat down on the sofa and made herself comfortable. "Soda's fine." She answered, her eyes wandering around the room and observing everything that was in there. "So what was your previous roommate like?" She asked curiously. Personally she had been living on her own for a couple of months and it been nice, but she had been sharing places with people for most of her life so she figured she would be fine. As long as his previous roommate hadn't been perfect.

Asaiah chuckled at Freya's reaction. ''Alright then, note to self, adopt a pig,'' he teased back. Throwing the milk carton into the sink, he would clean that up sometime later today, Asaiah poured himself two soda's and returned to the living room. ''A little annoying, to be honest,'' he said whilst he handed her one of the two drinks. ''I won't lie and say that it probably didn't have something to do with me, but I have certain rituals I perform on the day of a match, right? Well, they did not approve. I hope you like The Black Eyed Peas, they're a Muggle band, because I will be mostly blasting their music through the speakers in my bedroom to get myself hyped before a match. Oh, and I sing along with the songs,'' he told her truthfully. He thought that it'd be best for her to know such a thing right away so that she wouldn't get upset with him for it. She probably would, the walls weren't very thick, but it was the thought that counted. He seated himself on the sofa next to her, turning towards her. ''Don't worry though, they also left because of their job.''

Her friend's response made Freya's mind wander of. "Okay but now I want one." She laughed at how quickly the conversation had turned in a weird way. Having a pig as a pet actually sounded like a lot of fun. Not a big one, but like a miniature one. How cute would it be? Ofcourse a small apartment might not be the best home for a little piggy, but she made a mental note to seriously look into it if she ever found herself living in a bigger place. Freya took the soda and curiously listened to what her friend had to say about his previous roommate and his.. rituals. She couldn't help but chuckle. She hadn't often heard something that just described Asaiah perfectly, but this ritual certainly seemed to be it. "Oh I wouldn't even dare to say anything negative about it, I know how serious you are about Quidditch." She said as she threw one hand up into the air. Two would have probably gotten her message across more clearly, but it would be a shame to cover the walls in soda. "Especially after you almost forced me to try out for my house team back at school.. multiple times." She smiled when he added that his previous roommate had also left because of his job. At least he hadn't completely scared the person away. Or he did and just didn't want to say it. "Well I might be a bit harder to get rid of so you should know what you're getting into." She joked, getting more confident about the situation with every passing second.

He frowned when she said that she wanted a pig for real and shook his head in disagreement. ''I don't think the landlord would allow us to actually have a pig as a pet. Besides, it would make more of a mess than I already do. Unless you want to clean up after if, of course,'' Asaiah said. It would be fun though to have another pet in the apartment apart from his owl. Perhaps they could talk about getting a cat or something like that if she did decide to come and live with him. Would that even work with an owl? ''And I still think that you would have made an excellent chaser.'' He remembered fondly how hard he had tried to have Freya try out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and how she had cut him off every time he even mentioned it to her. Those were simpler times. ''It's not too late you know,'' Asaiah joked, grinning at his friend. He regretted not spending enough time with Freya at school. The two of them generally had a good time whenever they would hang out, especially that time they made paper planes to see which one would be able to throw them the furthest, but things had changed after his parents died. ''Who says that I would want to get rid of you?'' he asked, facing his friend. ''Anyway, you are right, I should know what I'm getting myself into. Do you have any weird rituals that I should be aware of? You're not one of those people who tells others what to eat, are you?'' he continued to ask.

"I didn't say we should get one in here!" Freya laughed when she noticed Asaiah's troubled features. Ofcourse wouldn't get a pig in an apartment this size, she just thought it would make for a cute pet. Later on in time, when she wasn't spending her days in apartments that were roughly the size of their common rooms back at hogwarts. "And I still have to disagree with that." She shook her at his next remark, even if the corners of her mouth seemed to slightly curl up. "Oh but I think it is." Freya chuckled, being amazed by how he had still not been able to give up on the idea that she would ever play quidditch. She never had and she never would, it was as simple as that. It wasn't that she didn't like the sport, she just didn't want to play. "I'll just stick to supporting you." Her knowledge on the professional world of quidditch wasn't a lot and she couldn't help but wonder how often he'd have a game. "Who knows? After all you don't know what I'm like as a roommate. Maybe I'm terrible." She joked, knowing that the chance of him buying that was pretty much equal to zero. "If you're fine with random Norwegian mumbling every so often when I'm working or something goes wrong then I think we should be good." She shrugged. She didn't really do weird stuff or interfere with other peoples lifes if they didn't ask her to. In all honestly she deemed herself to be a pretty good roommate and figured Asaiah had to at least think it would be fine, or he wouldn't have made the offer in the first place.

Asaiah laughed along with her. ''No, but you were definitely thinking of it,'' he replied. Come to think of it, his landlord didn't even know about him having an owl for a pet. It probably wouldn't be very smart if they adopted another pet since his landlord would need to check it out and come up to the apartment. No, they'd better not risk it, the Beater quite liked it here. He smirked at what his friend said and shook his head once again. He knew that it'd be foolish to continue this but it had been a fun thing to do back when they were children and it still quite made him laugh now. ''We'll agree to disagree then.'' He told her, grinning slightly. He would ask her about it again tomorrow just for the sake of getting a few laughs out of it. Asaiah tilted his head and gave Freya a look that said 'I don't believe that' when she told him that she might be a terrible roommate. He didn't believe it for one second and thought that he would have definitely known it since he had other friends in Hufflepuff. ''Well, if that is all you do when we won't have a problem at all I think. Oh and don't worry about me singing along to the Black Eyed Peas every day, most matches are during the weekends and I do like to sleep in myself.'' Asaiah said before he sipped from his soda.

Let's ignore whatever this is, all right?

Freya shrugged and let out a final chuckle in response to her friend. He wasn't completely wrong. After all she had been thinking about it but quickly realized it wouldn't be a solid plan. She also didn't know if it would be smart to get a pet at all, or at least anything other than an owl. She didn't have an owl at the moment and it was a bit of a struggle, so she had been thinking of getting one but was't sure whether she should. She raised an eyebrow at Asaiah over the quidditch thing. If he hadn't been able to let it go before, she was sure he wouldn't just let it go now. Not if it gave him an opportunity to annoy her at least. Freya smiled when her friend said that things would probably be fine. She might have been slightly doubtful about the possibility of living with her friend when he first offered it. They had only recently reconnected and she didn't know if they would continue to get along like they used to. However, just being here and having silly conversations with her friend made her feel comfortable. They still got along fine and perhaps living with him would actually give them a chance to get to know each other a bit better because even if they had been friends for years, Freya realized they had honestly never spend a lot of time together. Not even back at school. After thinking things over for a second she looked up at Asaiah. "Right, that settles it." She smiled at her friend. "I'd be happy to stay here if you'd have me."

Had it been a little impulsive of him to offer his friend a place to stay at his apartment? Perhaps, but he wouldn't be a good friend if he hadn't done so. His parents had taught him to always help the people close to you and while they may only recently have started talking again to one another, right now he saw Freya as one of those people. She was the only one from Hogwarts, from his year, he was still talking to. All other contact had withered over the years. Thankfully Asaiah still had his teammates to hang around with though. He smiled back at her when she told him that she'd happy to stay here and said, ''Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's start moving you up here.'' It would be nice to have someone to share the apartment with again. It would take a while to get used to it but it would be fun, there was no doubt about it. He jumped up from the couch once more and turned to look at his friend, excited for this to happen.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back