Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
After telling Josh the location of the pub he had found and giving him instructions, Tristan apparated to Liverpool, pulling his hood about his face. He wasn't taking any chances.

He sighed as he strolled down a dark alleyway between two old decrepit buildings, a set of stairs seeming to lead to nowhere at the side of the building. Making his way down, he knocked thrice on a plank of wood that blocked his way. Like the speakeasies that had been used in America in the 1920s during the ban on Alcohol, someone had obviously picked up on this, and decided to create a place where those who were a bit on the shady side could commemorate. He was allowed inside by a mouse of a man, reaching only to five and a half feet in height. Nodding to Tristan, the man moved aside, and the taller of the two strolled over to a circular table in the back corner of the place.

He did not recognize anyone here, although since it was not too late at night, there were not many characters. A witch who seemed to have a large growth on her neck was glaring around venomously; Tristan wondered what magical mishap had gotten her into that predicament. Feeling safe, he removed his hood, and ordered a glass of firewhiskey.

Looking around the place, he decided that he liked it a lot. It was nice to go somewhere that was somewhat public without having to skulk in the shadows or hide behind a disguise. He figured that he better not stay out too late, however, wanting to get back to Morgase and Erik.

His eyes flickering in the light of a candle overhead, Tristan waited in the dingy and dark place for Josh to arrive, noting that the room seemed to have a network of doors around it.

Josh finally arrived at the location that Tristan gave him. He knocked on the plank, and was allowed in the door. He looked around for Tristan, realizing there were very few people in the place at this time. Once he spotted him, he turned to the bartender and ordered up a firewhiskey. He took his glass, and headed to the table. "This seems....nice."

((lol, just as I switch to another persona you post your reply :p ))

Tristan nodded his head. "Yeah, it's kind of nice not having to conceal my identity," he said quietly, "I miss being able to be me, entirely. It's one of the many regrets I have." His life was, of course, filled with regrets, so many that piled one of top of the other, but he wasn't one to complain about himself, either.

As his firewhiskey was brought around, he wondered what other characters would show up in this place.

Josh nodded in agreement. "I understand. I have been underground almost as long as you have. And after the, um, incident, at the ministry, well, I just don't feel safe out and about too much." He raised the glass in a toast to Tristan and took a drink. "I got a letter back from Lily right after you apparated. Blake is gone too. I wish I knew what Cloe was up to. And get this, Lily is a Potter. That would be why he was so secretive of her name."

Tristan shook his head in disbelief. "I wish I could help you out more in that situation, but I can't. I don't know Cloe that well, Blake at all, and well, I've never exactly made acquaintances with a Potter," he replied, grimacing. "I never liked that git Gryffindor seeker back in school. He was pretty fast." Having been a beater on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, Tristan had always hated the victories that Gryffindor managed to scrape. He grinned. "Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time and go to school all over again. I envy my own kids."

"Yeah, I hear that. Life was much easier back then." Josh agreed with him. "I know playing quidditch was what I lived for." He sighed and took another drink from his glass. "I need to figure out what to do now. I think if I am busy it will help."

"Too bad neither of us can get jobs," Tristan murmured quietly. Being an Auror hadn't been bad pay, and that was just one of the things that he would change about his actions in the past. "I was thinking about going undercover in some foreign muggle government and being a bodyguard or something." Low on money, Tristan was running out of options, even though he didn't want to work with muggles.

Josh's eyebrows shot up as Tristan mentioned the idea of working with muggles. "I wasn't too worried about working when Cloe was around. She had a well paying job with the ministry. Now I just don't know. Maybe working with muggles is not such a bad solution." He took a drink from his glass. "Maybe we should start our own company."

"A company of bodyguards?" Tristan laughed, slamming back his firewhiskey, "Now that, my friend," he leaned forward, "Would be amazing!"

"You know, it may just work. Especially if we can get some high profile muggles in our, um, care. I think we may have stumbled on something." Josh said, downing his drink and motioning to the bartender for two more.

Tristan smirked. "It would seem oxymoronic, however." Draining his glass, he decided not to have any more, figuring that he wanted to return home sober. Instead, he pulled out one of his cigars, lighting it and putting it in his mouth, savoring the taste as he inhaled.

Josh thought this over for a second. "I know. We cannot stand that muggle filth, but yet would be protecting them. I think of it like this. If we are able to attain some high profile clients, they would be under our protection. We need anything, they are in our control already so it wouldn't be difficult to dispose of them if that is the case. And in the meantime, we are taking their money from them."

Tristan twirled the lit cigar in his hands, smirking and chuckling, "I've always liked your way of thinking. That would make a lot of sense." Inhaling his cigar, he closed his eyes; he had gone a long way, from being with Lorelei. But, there was no turning back on that part, and it was a chapter of his life that was simply gone. The only consequence left from it was Estrella; a consequence that could not be thrown out, and he, as a father, could not cast aside. "So, what do you think would be wiser to go after; celebrities or politicians?"

Joshua pondered this for a moment, taking a drink from his refilled glass. "I think we would be safer going after Celebrities. The high level politicians have Ministry members popping in and out every so often. We may be noticed that way. Granted we may be noticed anyway, but at least there is a lower chance dealing with nitwit actresses and singers."

Tristan watched a puff of smoke waft into the air in wisps, dissipating before his eyes, like an elusive ghost that has been suddenly caught in the daytime. "But where, is the question. I don't want to leave this hemisphere; but America seems to have its share of celebrities."

"You have a good point there," Josh replied. "We could try working in Sydney, but I don't know if there are enough celebrities there to make it worth while."

Tristan stroked his chin, which was starting to get bristly. He needed to shave when he returned home.

"So, what shall we call it? The Hanson-Drage Got Your Back Company?" He chuckled. "Just kidding, of course."

Josh groaned at the name suggested. "Well, I think we can come up with something not quite so lame," he said chuckling, before beginning to look a bit more serious. "How about we not use our real names for this since we may attract some attention from the Ministry if we do. Something simple though." He sat back, taking a drink from his glass. "How about Opaleye Security. We could use a dragon for the logo."

"That might work," Tristan replied, chuckling, and rolling his cigar around in his fingers, watching the potent tobacco wither away at the end. "Opaleye Security actually doesn't sound like a bad idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back