The Question Remains, Will You Marry Me?

Ash Richards

OOC First Name
Sir Dylaaaaaan!
Wand
Rosethorn Wand 11" Essence of Dragons Blood
Ash stood on the bridge that arched over the pond that was located a little while into the forest that encircled Ash and Chloe's house. He had left a note on the table adressed to Chloe with instructions on how to reach Ash, and as it was now dark and the sun had long disappeared, the newly graduated man smiled to himself, as he knew the moment soon approached that would make or break him. He felt peaceful as he glanced up at the full-moon, admiring it's beauty. The clearing within which the pond was located now looked still and eerie, and the only thing that kept the feeling at bay was the hundreds of candels Ash had lit and set around the bridge and the walkway that help the blankets, pillows and various other goodies he had packed in his basket.

Ash sighed to himself as he waited for his beloved, turning the box which contained a ring over in his hands. He had found his soul mate, and wasn't going to wait forever to intwine their lives together. After alot of consideration he had finally decided that he simply could not wait. The title of his 'girlfriend' sounded dull and plain, and when he looked at Chloe, he saw more than that word contained. He saw his fiancé... He saw his wife. "And now we see if she see's the same in me," he said to himself, turning towards the approaching sound of footsteps. His chest tightened and he could suddenly feel butterflies in his stomach. He was the cliff... Would he be able to fly? Or was he about to plummet?

Chloe was nothing short of surprised when she came in from a day of shopping and found a special note on the table. Even more, it worried her that there were instructions. She never was quite good at finding her way around, even if she was from one of the biggest cities in the world. Concerned that something was amiss, she took the card and tried to follow the directions as best as she could. Somehow, even after settling in and getting her parents to agree to her living with a man they hadn't met yet, it seemed that life was finally getting in check. That was why Chloe had to wonder why Ash wanted to see her. Seeing him wouldn't be a problem to her, they usually spent most of the time they had away from work or studies with each other, but there had to be a reason behind this.

Things were going well, so she knew that he didn't want to break up. The thought of that made her stomach churn, and lost in that, she tripped and landed into a patch of mud. Getting up (and laughing most of the time) she took off the ruined heels and left them near the collision spot. And after some time, she made her way to the spot that Ash specified. As her eyes looked at the candles and they went wide, only to turn a little at the side when she smiled at Ash. The graduate ran onto the bridge tapped him on the back, balancing on her tippy-toes. "Hey stranger, what's all of this?" By now all of the insecurities and worries she felt about the surprise were gone, and she felt solace in the fact that she was with Ash.

Ash smiled at Chloe when she entered the clearing, feeling reassured in what he was about to do when he saw her, and feeling alot better when he kissed her, her warm and soft lips feeling like heaven to him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, letting himself wrap around her and hugging her, trying to hide the box in his hand as he placed his hands on the small of her back.

Stepping back he watched her and smiled, his lips curving at the corners and his eyes studied every part of Chloe. "I'm sure your wondering why I have dragged you on here on this beautiful night," he said, looking around the pond, the air warm and welcoming. "I love you, Chloe LaBlanc, more than the moon, the stars... More than the world." he said, his smile growing. Getting down on a knee, he produced the box. "I love you more than life itself, more than I'll ever love another person, and I want to know if you feel the same." he said, opening the box to produce the . "Will you marry me?" he said, his heart feeling like it would burst.

Chloe kissed Ash back and placed a hand on his cheek, then hugged him back and stayed there for some long moments. Even now, it seemed that her heart would leap out of her chest any time that they were together. This feeling was increased now that they were surrounded by such romantic settings. The moment and the night just seemed too perfect for words to describe.

"I'm just wondering about the candles." Chloe gave a laugh and looked at him, eyes gleaming with curiosity, "Though I must say they are a nice touch." She studied the man, smiling as he confessed his love and biting her lip. As often as he had told her that, this time it just seemed different. And then as Ash got down on one knee, Chloe's blue eyes went wide with complete surprise. The idea of marriage just was so sudden, but at the same time, it felt right. Though for some reason no words would come out of her mouth. "A-Ash... This... I..." Her jaw was open, showing how speechless she really was. To be frank, the lack of words made her feel like a complete idiot.

Ash stood there, his mind absolutely silent for the first time ever. He had no idea what he was doing. He had just decided this was right, and jumped into it, his heart in his hand and caution thrown to the wind. He had been sure she would say yes, but now as Ash looked at the shock and confusion on her face, he wasnt so sure. Worry and panic set in, and for the first time in a long time, Ash was completely unconfident in what he was doing. He stood there, his expression soft, yet his mind a wall of uncertainty, awaiting the moment that would define his life. Impatience set in, and he smiled. "You could say yes, instead of killing me with this wait?" he said, chuckling softly, looking at the ring, and then back at her gorgeous face. He was confident in himself... He had to be.

"This is just... sudden." Chloe looked at him and then went into deep thought. On one end, they hadn't known each other for long. That might come to cause problems later on. But at the same time, Ash was clearly the best guy that she thought that she could get. He made her happy, and that was what mattered right? "A-And I guess life's nothing without surprises or.. not taking risks..." The girl paused for a moment and looked down at him, happy tears starting to trail down her face slowly and then moving faster after some time. Thankfully though, her tears were happy and not sad or out of distress. "I guess what I'm trying to say is... Yes, I'll marry you." Now she felt bad for making the man wait, but it was funny and stressful while it lasted. What if she had said no? It would've been terrible.

Ash was silent the whole time she pondered his question. He didn't blame her at all for not giving him a straight up answer. Yes, they were in love, but being in love and getting married were two completely different things, no matter how much people thought they went hand in hand. Getting married defined your life, and Ash hadn't exactly gone about it the traditional way. Hell, he still hadnt even met Chloe's parents yet, and Ash's didn't even know he and Chloe were living together. However, the moment she said the four words he had been waiting to hear, he slid the ring onto her finger, and leaped up, grabbing Chloe in his arm and lifting her in the air, spinning on the spot as he kissed her deeply on the lips.

He stood there for a few minutes, blissfully kissing her. They were now engaged, and soon, would be husband and wife. They were still a fresh couple, and were yet to do many things together. As Ash pulled back he smiled at her. "I love you, my fiancé." he said, grinning wildly at her and kissing the tip of her nose. Still cradling her in his arms, he carrying her down the bridge toward the house, pausing for a minute to draw and flick his wand at the bedding, as he realized it would rain tonight. Heading for the house, he watched Chloe. "So, the future miss Chloe Richards, what are you thinking?" he asked curiously.

Chloe laughed, wiping her face and returning every ounce of affection given to her. She hadn't expected any of this, and the fact that she finally got what she dreamed of as a little girl was nothing short of a blissful event. Now she had a beautiful house, a handsome fiancé, everything was coming into place. But then the sweeping fear of her parents overcame her, and she let it show on her face. "Well in honesty, I'm worried about my parents." She clung around his neck tightly, eager to get back into the house and relax. "Did you tell your parents you were planning this? Or do they not know about anything..?" With this she laughed, not sure of which to expect. It could be either, she wouldn't care. She'd just be concerned. Yet no matter what she knew it would work out. She and Ash were meant to be together, no matter what anyone said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back