Ashes Singer- Tattooed- Family

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
(Gay and hiding a preference for blondes)
Wand
Flexible Eight inch Ash wood with unicorn hair core
Ash had been out in town for a bit, and had spotted some of Vera's favorite snack while he was out. It had put him in the mood to pester the queen for a bit, so with the snack in hand he sauntered up to her room, a new movie for them to watch in his bag as well. He knocked on the door, leaning against the frame. "V," he called out, pouting a little. "V, I want attention. Can I come in?" He asked, brushing his hair back behind his ear.

Vera was enjoying an unusually quiet afternoon in her room and paused for a moment to consider why exactly it was so quiet. Normally the house always seemed to be crackling with energy as the boys fed each other’s chaos. But most, if not all, of the boys seemed to be out doing god knows what leaving her with some peace and quiet finally. She decided to not to think about it any farther and grabbed a book she had been meaning to read and tried to make the most out of her time with minimal distractions. But that luck didn’t last long and only a few minutes later she heard a knock on her door. Slowly she looked up with a blank expression and saw Ash standing there looking shifty. Immediately she spotted her favorite kind of spicy crisps and relaxed ever so slightly. “Is that so?” she asked slowly, and narrowed her eyes. Vera kept her eyes on him for a little longer, letting him squirm, before sighing. “Sure.” she said, in admission of defeat and scooted over to make room where she sat on her bed.

Ash smiled, sauntering in and curling up in the offered space. He offered her the treats and the movie with a soft smile. "You look comfortable," He mused, looking up at her with affectionate eyes. "We can just chill for a while if you want," He offered. He just wanted the company right now. And he always adored Vera. He looked up at her with his best puppy eyes. He was never sure if Vera liked him or just put up with him.

Vera rolled her eyes at the way Ash curled up next to her on the bed. But she cracked a smile, sure he was just a few seconds away from purring like a cat. “I am.” she stated plainly. “Or at least I was.” she added and nudged his leg with her knee playfully. She wasted no time and opened the snacks and made a sound of agreement to whatever Ash had mentioned. After a second she glanced at her bandmate and saw that he was staring at her. “Hm?” she mumbled as she licked a crumb off her finger. “Got something on your mind?” she asked a second later, sure that the answer was almost always yes when it came to Ash.

Ash pouted as Vera teased him, but smiled quickly. He was about to ask if she wanted to watch the movie when she asked if there was something on his mind. His mind immediately flashed back to blue eyes and blond hair, and he quickly shook his head. "Nope! Nothing! Just wanted some company," He dodged quickly, giving her his biggest smile. It wasn't like Asher to pout over not getting a text back from one of his sleepovers, and he worried if he told one of the band they'd laugh at him for being a dope.

Vera raised her eyebrows in surprise as Ash quickly and loudly insisted that there was nothing he wanted to talk about. She did not buy that even for a second and narrowed her eyes at her bandmate. She wouldn’t let that one go so easily. “Some company?” she asked slowly, like she was really thinking about it. “Like you want to spend quality time together...” she said and let her voice trail off. “Or do you want a distraction?” she asked, her expression unflinching as she stared Ash down. “Which one is it?” she asked lightly and smiled mischievously. Vera tried to leave her expression neutral but deep down she was kind of honored that Ash would use her as a distraction from...whatever he had going on.

Asher swallowed nervously as Vera called him out. "Both?" He tried, rolling and looking up at her with his best puppy eyes. "Pleeeeeease, V?" He pouted. "You know you're my favorite girl," he added, though he could say the same to his sisters. Still, there were few enough women in his life. And she really was one of his closest friends.

Vera laughed lightly as Asher admitted he was using her for a distraction. "So you don't want to talk about it." she stated more than asked but raised an eyebrow at him, looking for some kind of clarification. "Sure." she said skeptically, but grinned slightly. "If you say so."

Asher blushed and looked away. "Nope!" He pouted. He couldn't tell Vera he had a guy stuck in his head- he was Asher, after all, with no ties and no attachments that weren't his family. He cuddled as close as he could to Vera without actually cuddling her. "You areeee," He pouted, wanting to curl up in her lap but also not wanting to get smacked for it. "What were you reading?" He asked.

Vera shook her head slightly. She wasn't the most open when it came to her own emotions or feelings, so it wasn't like she could lecture him about that. “If you insist.” she said, not wanting to pry anymore then she already had. But it did seem a little odd that Asher would be keeping secrets. “Just a biography of an artist I like. Nothing you would find particularly interesting.” she said and showed him the book. Vera felt like she hardly ever had time to read these days.

Ash was pretty much curled up around Vera at this point. He was actually very comfortable. "Would you read some to me?" He asked, curious. "I might fall asleep though, but I was wanting a nap anyway, but it was lonely in my room," He mused out loud, turning his best pout up to Vera. "Pleeeeease, V?" he batted his eyelashes at her.

Vera did her best not to laugh or roll her eyes. "If you beg any more, the answer will be no." she threatened in her signature deadpan tone as she pulled the book back into her lap. She looked expectantly and waited to see if Asher would complain. "Alright." she said finally and opened the book where she had left off. She started to read quietly, feeling a little silly. But it was just the two of them and she kept making quick glances to Ash's face to see if he was finally asleep and she could stop reading out loud.

Asher stuck two fingers together and pulled them across his lips, signaling he was zipping them shut, and smiled up at her. He sat up just a second, summoning in one of his pillows and catching it quickly. He curled back up as close to Vera as he could without actually touching her, cuddling his pillow close and watching her as she read to him. She really was very pretty, he liked the way her hair fell around her face. It was an odd thought, and he soon yawned and shut his eyes as he started to drift to sleep. He didn't usually sleep well unless he was covered by the blanket, but listening to Vera read was very relaxing. It was almost as nice as when he could cuddle with Leo. It wasn't long before his breathing evened out and he fell asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back