The Not-So Mysterious Case Of The MIA HNZ Addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon Dalton

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
You probably haven't been wondering where, or why, I have been gone. Congratulations, you may skip the following blarg and get to the important bit*, below. If the previous sentences are not the case, and you have actually been wondering where I vanished to, then I would like to begin by not apologising for my absence, though I would like to add just how much I have missed talking to you all. You see, it all started with my birthday..

Okay, I'll cut this short: I've been invited to a lot of house parties and pub gatherings since the start of August, and it's kept me quite busy. But I thought to myself "Hey, it'll be fine, I can return fully to HNZ when all my friends have gone back to university later this month." That would have still been the case, had several things not happened at once, one sunny afternoon last tuesday (I think.. Could have been monday. Or wednesday).

The first of these being my decision to enquire about the possibility of returning to college. I just went along to ask about there being a chance, and half an hour later, I was re-enrolled for the same courses as last year. Which, actually, is brilliant news for my dream career. Within the hour, I was sitting at home when I got a phone call. To cut things short; I have been asked to give a witness statement in a court case. It's to do with university. I'll give more on this when I can. So, anyway, I thought that would be everything, but for some reason, these things seem to come in threes, and something I agreed to in April, came back to 'haunt' me. It basically means I have to attend meetings and fancy lunches in London while talking to a bunch of strangers in suits about how I think they should alter the mental health system, blah, blah, blah. I've had to cancel two weekend breaks away, one of which was going to see a Motorhead concert, in order to make room for college in my now-busy schedule.

*SO, you're possibly, though maybe not, thinking, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?** Well, my wonderfully enormous-lettered friend, it means I'm not going to be able to devote much time to HNZ until term breaks. I know I haven't been on half as much in the last six months as I was the previous year, but a lot has happened in such a short space of time. Many more things are occurring within my offline social life. I don't go on the internet fullstop as much as I used to, and that time may even decrease, slightly.
I'm hoping to make time to get online and talk to you all because I really do love and miss you lot. You're brilliant. You've gotten me through some rough times and made me laugh. Without you guys, I wouldn't have the confidence to take this leap of faith back into the education system. I'm just hoping that I can hack it, this time, and that might mean sacrificing the things I have taken for granted (the internet.. the pub.. free time to read..) but I really want to make it through the year, so that I may actually stand some slither of a chance at getting my dream job as a forensic pathologist.

I apologise for any inconvenience this absence may cause, and I will try to pop on after college/weekends/term breaks to catch up and maybe even RP. I would still like to keep a toe in the water, so to speak, as my passion for roleplaying lives on. Again, I am sorry that I can't be present as often, and I wish you all the best, should I not get the chance to speak again for a while.
tumblr_loymiex1cj1r0z2xto1_500.gif

- Beth :hug: :wub:

I'm glad you're able to go back to school! Keep in touch, girly, and I will hit you up for an RP when you have time and/or you're in the mood for one. :hug:

Hopefully we'll see each other on MSN!

:wub: Mandrake

Good for you Beth! It sounds like fun :) Take care sweets ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back