The new home

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Chavdar apparated to a walkway, that would soon lead to his house. He hasn't been home in a few days, and wondered whether it was broken into. He began to walk up the concrete walkway. It wasn't long before the car, which he hardly used, was out of sight and the house was. (Imagine below)

usca37388.jpg

Chavdar walked up the stairs and into the front door. His eyes rested upon the mixed objects of Dark Arts, and ancient pictures and writings hung on the walls painted of hues of black and grays. Chavdar then walked over to his family tree, and his eyes narrowed at Prodan's picture. Surely he had to have had children. Chavdar then approached a black leather chair, and he sat in it. He had half a mind to remove his jean jacket, but chose not to.

Chavdar wondered when he ought to pay the Styx's a visit. He dismissed it, not in the mood to go visit his half-brother, or even chance it if his father was there. He leaned against the cushions of the chair, and closed his eyes. For once, he actually felt at home, without a care in the world. He wondered whether muggles lived around this area, or magical folk. Either way, he hoped that he didn't have noisy neighbors. He opened his eyes for a moment, glancing out the window, seeing the green trees. Chavdar rolled his eyes and retrieved a book from his shelf, about the history of the Dark Arts. He retreated back to his chair and flipped it open to read.

Chavdar smirked, if he was working in the Ministry, he better know what to look for.

Vasilka walked through the front door of Chavdar's house after a long walk. She hurried to his side, and whispered in a slightly panicked tone, "Your brother is coming!" Vasilka bit her lip, her blonde hair stuck to her cold face. She moved it and regained her position, the normal coldness. She wondered how he would react to her news.

Chavdar slammed his book shut, and jumped from his chair once Vasilka informed him of the news. Chavdar pulled out his new wand, and he was itching for some action with it. Chavdar thought he felt something wrong with the atmosphere. Chavdar told Vasilka coldly, "Kalif and I aren't best pals, so maybe you should go elsewhere. I wouldn't want my niece to be harmed because of my carelessness." Chavdar's eyes narrowed and walked to the window, searching. He saw nothing outside. The forest around him hid almost everything, except some of the walkway.

Kalif stepped out from behind the shadows in Chavdar's house. He had been exploring for quite some time now, and was appalled that Chavdar didn't notice. Kalif flicked out his wand he had retrieved from Bulgaria. He had it armed at Chavdar's back. He noticed Vasilka in the room, and before she could see him, he pointed his wand at her and muttered, "Stupefy." The jet of red light went straight to her. Kalif smirked, knowing that there was no way Vasilka could dodge that, for her back was turned once he entered the room. Once she was unconscious by the spell, Kalif turned his attention to Chavdar, knowing now that he had heard the chaos.

((god modded with permission))

Chavdar turned, just to see Vasilka get knocked out by the spell. Chavdar smirked, seeing his older brother standing, wand pointed straight at him. Chavdar rolled his eyes and pointed his wand at Kalif, "Figures filthy bloods like you would attack some innocent girl while her back was turned." Chavdar chuckled. "Surely you know of my and Father's blood being pure. You sure missed out on it." Chavdar glanced at the Dark Mark beneath Kalif's robes. "And you still waste your life doing what you do, you filthy Death Eater."

Kalif smirked, and said with an icy voice, most likely enough to make Chavdar lower his wand, if he was smart, "I only did that for her protection, believe it or not. Although, it really doesn't matter to me whether she lives or dies. She is just a pest in this event." Kalif closed his eyes and chuckled, "Well, excuse me for not being inbred. I honestly didn't think you would remember me being a Death Eater, but who could forget?" Kalif held his head up a bit higher, "If you were smart, you wouldn't dare mess with us. Besides, I would lower your wand, because who you are about to see is rather ruthless, and would kill you in a heartbeat." Kalif used his wand and touched the Dark Mark. "And, the boy will be coming too. I suggest you keep your cool, or else, Chavdar." Kalif smirked at him.

Chavdar lowered his wand a bit, once hearing Kalif's voice. He listened and remained quiet, once he heard Kalif's reasoning and such, Chavdar completely had his wand at his side once again. He wondered who the man coming would be. Chavdar had a guess, but would Kalif be empty minded enough to bring their father here, knowing that Chavdar wanted him dead, no matter the cost. Chavdar's eyes widened, a boy would be coming too. What was he thinking? Chavdar cleared his mind, and waited for whoever was coming to hurry and get here.

Asparuh landed in front of a wooden door to a house. Asparuh let go of his grandson and informed, "I suggest you be silent unless you want to die. Let the adults talk, and just be like a simple statue, not in the way." Asparuh didn't like children if they were in the way. And this one was just a simple assurance that Chavdar would stay on his best behavior, and if something would go wrong... Asparuh walked into the house, and found it quite interesting. He stared at Chavdar immediately, and ignored Jaken completely. Asparuh said in a low voice, "You wanted to meet with me, son?" Asparuh smirked slightly, seeing the resemblance between the two of them.

Jaken examined his surroundings and felt relieved when Asparuh let go of him. He heeded Asparuh's warning and entered the home. Jaken immediately went on the other side of the living room, away from the three men. He noticed his father, and a younger man. The man had the Zhefarovich eyes, and couldn't be anything but Chavdar himself. Jaken stared wide eyed at him. He couldn't place it. A Zhefarovich, not as evil and dark? Jaken was curious to why he was even here. He noticed Vasilka on the ground, collapsed.

Chavdar almost gasped when he saw his father again. Amazingly, all his rage melted, once he saw his nephew, Jaken. He had to be him, from Vasilka's descriptions. Chavdar smiled in his mind, seeing him not anything like Kalif or Asparuh. He couldn't let this boy see any violence between two Death Eaters and a Ministry Official. Chavdar sighed and put his wand away completely. He approached Asparuh with caution, "Yes, I did. But...it doesn't matter anymore." He turned to Jaken and laughed, "Well, you didn't turn out to be an oddball like Kalif, now did you?" Chavdar took the red in Jaken's hair in mind. It was an vibrant as Vasilka mentioned.

Kalif lowered his wand, shocked to see Chavdar's coolness once seeing his prey. However, Kalif folded his arms and shook his head. He was going to watch over the situation unfolded in front of him. It was a family union, long time overdue. Kalif narrowed his eyes, curious to what would happen between them. Did Chavdar no longer care about Asparuh abandoning him? This was interesting. A man driven by revenge, all of a sudden not caring anymore? Kalif was nonetheless suspicious. Whenever Chavdar and Asparuh are together, he would have to chaperon it.

Asparuh cautiously watched Chavdar approach him. Asparuh heard him speak, and refrained from laughing, "A change of heart, then? Well, here I thought you wanted people like us all dead." He referred to Death Eaters in general. Asparuh noticed Chavdar took an interest with Jaken, and immediately knew what was going on. Asparuh, without another word, apparated away, but not before saying, "I have no reason to be here then."

Jaken glanced over at his dad before answering, "Don't you mean that I am the oddball, not following in the Zhefarovich line of Dark magic and such." Jaken breathed a sigh of relief once Asparuh left. Jaken grinned at his new uncle, "Well, Chavdar, it is nice to meet you." Not even after a minute of talking to him, Jaken already admired this man. Jaken glanced at his father, and wondered who to trust more, Kalif or Chavdar? Kalif no longer had Namina around to calm his attitudes down. Jaken sighed, wondering how hellish this summer would be.

-double post-

Chavdar stood up as straight as possible and chuckled, "Ah, but you aren't the oddball. I am not a Death Eater, unlike some people." He shot a look at Kalif. Chavdar pulled up the sleeves of his jacket, revealing his bare arms. "Nothing. And nice to finally meet you, Jaken." Chavdar folded his arms across his chest, "What a bad person I am. I should have offered everyone something to eat or drink. Sit?" Chavdar motioned toward the couch. Chavdar sat down in his chair, and relaxed.

Jaken smiled once he saw that Chavdar was like him, not evil. In fact, if Jaken didn't know much better, he would say that Chavdar hated Death Eaters. Jaken shook his head at his offer, although went to sit on the couch. He asked Chavdar, without taking his eyes off Vasilka in the floor, "What happened to her?" He sat down, and loved how comfortable the couch was.

Chavdar watched his nephew went interest. Somehow, it made him want to settle down, however, he dismissed it. Chavdar smirked and withheld his laughter. "One word. Kalif." Chavdar didn't revive her either. He twirled his wand in his fingers and turned to Kalif, "Brother, are you going to stand there all day or come join us? Or you can leave, whichever." Chavdar half grinned, showing that he was kidding around. He stared at Kalif, determined to break through that mental shell of his.

Kalif glanced up and wakened from his train of thought once he heard Chavdar speak of his name. Kalif let out a low snicker, and stared at Chavdar and his son. He smirked before finally saying, "I think I am just fine where I am. I would leave, but I don't trust you around my son, not yet anyway." Kalif made his stand, saying that no matter what, he was staying. Kalif sure wasn't leaving Jaken unattended, especially with Chavdar. Although, Chavdar did spark his interest. If he knew about Kalif andf Asparuh being Death Eaters, then wouldn't he have reported them to the Ministry by now? Kalif went into a deep thought state.

Jaken nodded when he found out who stunned Vasilka, or made her unconscious. Jaken laughed softly, and asked both men, "Shouldn't someone revive her?" Jaken had been wondering this for some time now. Although, if neither wanted to, then he could see why. Jaken turned his attention to his uncle and said, "I think Asparuh has a problem with me. Like, he doesn't care much for me." Jaken wondered why this was, even though he had a few theories himself.

Chavdar glanced down at Vasilka and shrugged. He finally answered curtly, "Nah, just leave her there." He heard Kalif and laughed silently. Chavdar heard Jaken and sighed. He leaned forward, his elbows on his legs and his hands fastened in front of him. He explained, "Dad is a pureblood race. His wife wasn't, thus making Kalif and everyone else mixed. I, on the other hand, am a pureblood as well. Because my mom was. However, I don't have a problem with mixed. I just have an issue with muggles and mud-er, muggleborn. Dad has a problem with every race other than pureblood and full Bulgarian. He was raised like that. But, his favorite child is Kalif. So, naturally, he is an odd man. Don't worry about him."

Jaken stared down at his hands. He silently wished that there weren't any purebloods. None. He used to hate muggleborns, but that was because of Barbara. Not the blood in general. Jaken wonder out loud, "What kind of messed up people raise their child with so much hate? You would think it would damage their mind." Jaken's eyes met with Chavdar's. Did he know the answer? Jaken wondered if Namina was the reason Kalif didn't raise his children like his father had raised him.

Chavdar glanced over at Kalif, and couldn't help but hide a smirk. He knew that Kalif wanted Jaken to be evil, just like him. However, Chavdar could tell it now. Jaken was a good guy. But where does he, Chavdar Zhefarovich, stand? He assumed that he was good, but something just didn't fit. So, right now, he was just neutral. Undecided. Chavdar snickered, "In case you haven't noticed, dad has a damaged mind. He is bipolar. He has been diagnosed with psychosis. In the past, even some Death Eaters were terrified of him. You know, you were named after dad's parents. Lydia and Jaken Zhefarovch. They didn't follow the Dark Lord of course, but did the evil of their times." Chavdar glanced at the family crest hanging above the fireplace.

Jaken realized where the bipolar came from. Asparuh passed it on to Kalif. Jaken hoped that none of those things were passed to him. He did have a strong, violent temper but it rarely showed though. And he was calmed down by his father's violence as well. "Even Death Eaters were scared of him. That would be bad. I knew that some's names were repetitive on the name, but I didn't think mine was." Jaken didn't like it that he had the same name as an evil doer but well, he couldn't change his name.

Chavdar leaned against the back of his chair and nodded, "Indeed. He was a great, powerful wizard. Survived too much if you ask me. Seems like nothing can kill him, or so he thinks." Chavdar let out a low laugh; it was barely audible. "My name isn't on there. Not even once, besides myself." Chavdar glanced toward the family tree, feeling like something was missing. Chavdar shook it off and sighed.

Kalif checked the time and shook his head. He walked to Jaken, arms folded, and said in a low voice, "Jaken, it is time to go." Kalif's cold gaze went to Chavdar, "Be sure to wake up Vasilka after we leave. She cannot miss her flight to Germany." Kalif waited for Jaken to get up and leave with him. Kalif wasn't patient, and nor was he going to stand around long. He had things to do, and less time to perform them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back